Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 6, 2011 9:02 AM

May 2011
HELL YES.
but damn, 10 years? thats an eternity
Jul 6, 2011 9:07 AM

Feb 2008
If there is something we Berserk fans are good at, it's waiting.
Jul 6, 2011 10:25 AM
Nov 2009
It is about time they are doing something. I am curious to see how they will do the first part that has already been released in the previous anime, if it will be any different. Hopefully Muira will come to a conclusion of the manga before the ten years of film are finished, and hopefully funding won't go to the wayside.
Jul 6, 2011 10:32 AM
Nov 2010
melandrea said:
It is about time they are doing something. I am curious to see how they will do the first part that has already been released in the previous anime, if it will be any different. Hopefully Muira will come to a conclusion of the manga before the ten years of film are finished, and hopefully funding won't go to the wayside.

Miura finishing Berserk in less than ten years?
I think you're being a little optimistic
Jul 6, 2011 11:12 AM

Nov 2007
Sounds great. I'll definitely be watching this <3 We probably won't get to watch it till late 2012 though. It'll take a while for the DVDs to come out.

Does anyone have any idea which arcs this movie will cover?

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jul 6, 2011 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
Amaya-no-Hime said:
Sounds great. I'll definitely be watching this <3 We probably won't get to watch it till late 2012 though. It'll take a while for the DVDs to come out.

Does anyone have any idea which arcs this movie will cover?

Judging by the screen shots it looks like the same stuff as the TV series, though i feel like it can't cover it all within a movie time length. But regardless they need to start over since puck was left out as well as other stuff in the TV series iirc.
Jul 6, 2011 12:23 PM
Nov 2010
The movie may cover the Golden Age arc and continue to the part Guts is parting away from the group. If that's it, then you don't really need Puk, sience the movie may well start from the begining of Golden Age as a continious story and not as a flashback. Puk may come later.
A god ending would be Gutts leaving the Hawks. There will be ten years of movies, so all the Eclipse arc may have another one xD
Jul 6, 2011 12:38 PM
Jul 2010
Awesome <3.
Jul 6, 2011 1:01 PM

Nov 2006
Weee! It'll be nice to relive Beserk in movie format. So I'll just have to forget about it for 5 years to stand the wait....
Jul 6, 2011 4:23 PM

Jun 2010
Oh jeez, it will take so long.

I was hoping for the movie to get released on Autumn, but oh well. I can't wait to see Griffith's glory, rofl.
Jul 6, 2011 5:42 PM

May 2010
I'm really looking forward to this movie.

Member Card Collectors (M.C.C.) Badge

❤~ Voting Stadium ~❤

5 Centimeters Per Second Badge

Jul 6, 2011 5:53 PM

Oct 2008
I'll be in my mid 30s when this is all said and done, holy shit. This better be the best movie saga of all time. Since it's Berserk, it will be.
Jul 7, 2011 10:50 PM

Apr 2011
*cracks knuckles* oh yeah x) !!
been waiting for it since long time now
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ 
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Jul 8, 2011 12:32 AM

Jun 2011
Xelzy said:
If there is something we Berserk fans are good at, it's waiting.

Ditto that d^_^

Cynicism aside, the length of the manga will be determined by the number of years Miura will be around. Even then, maybe he's already [or will be] lining up some protégé so that the series can continue posthumously. So wish Miura the best of health so he has enough time to finish Berserk himself and avoid the tragic fate of Kurimoto and her UNfinished 130 volume Guin Saga.

This being said, I therefore have to concur with others of the opinion that the Berserk Movie project will either:
(a) have to be (greatly) extended beyond 10 years OR
(b) have its own unique ending that provides some sense of closure yet also begs for more sequels ~_^

Anyway, the trailers look awesome so I am eagerly (& patiently?) waiting for more BERSERK!
Life is a mess...yet incorruptible

Jul 8, 2011 5:47 AM
Jul 14, 2011 2:57 AM
Jul 31, 2011 9:30 AM
Jan 2011
I've been waiting forever this i hope the end it right this time!!
Jul 31, 2011 5:58 PM

Jun 2011
Movie of Berserk?!
Excuse me as I go hyperventilate now.
Aug 2, 2011 10:27 PM

Jun 2011
trailers are looking fucking fantastic.
Aug 15, 2011 4:51 PM

Jun 2009
MY BODY IS READY !
Sep 13, 2011 9:14 AM

Sep 2011
Gah ten years means that its going to be another Hellsing Ultimate, meaning 1 movie per year :(. As long as its as good as Hellsing Ultimate im ok with the wait but i have a feeling that it might not turn out so good with Miura hiring the IDOLM@STER creator as director *chills*.
Sep 15, 2011 8:56 PM

Sep 2011
jmal said:

Wtf? He did character designs for Idolmaster. So what? He's also worked on a bunch of other stuff - check the profile. Much more relevant than whether he did Imas character designs (which is completely irrelevant) is that he hasn't been a head series director before (some animation direction roles though), but instead of focusing on that you have a knee-jerk reaction to the mention of Idolmaster? Sigh.

It just irks me because he could have picked someone with at least experience directing, that guy has no experience as a director. Yeah being the character designer for IDOLM@STER may not seem relevant with the position he has in this anime but the fact that his previous experience is doing moe anime worries me. Either way its just my opinion, i am still hopeful that the anime will be great. Oh and yeah i have reason to dislike IDOLM@STER since its the root for the majority of the hiatuses that Miura takes, because he is addicted to that pedo garbage.
Sep 16, 2011 10:14 AM

Feb 2008
Man, i wish i still had the "Miura vs idolmaster" text.

1) just because you do the design for one show, doesn't mean your bound to use that for another project

2) The whole Miura <3 idolmaster comes from the fact that Miura bought an xbox with idolmaster. Nothing more, nothingless. The rest is just 4chan trolling, and if you buy into that you should leave the internet before you try to do some crystals at home.
Oct 16, 2011 2:06 PM

Jun 2008
This release date coincides with the release of the Guts figma I preordered.

I AM PLEASED.
Oct 28, 2011 3:25 PM

Oct 2010
jmal said:
MonkeyDGuts said:
but i have a feeling that it might not turn out so good with Miura hiring the IDOLM@STER creator as director *chills*.

Wtf? He did character designs for Idolmaster. So what? He's also worked on a bunch of other stuff - check the profile. Much more relevant than whether he did Imas character designs (which is completely irrelevant) is that he hasn't been a head series director before (some animation direction roles though), but instead of focusing on that you have a knee-jerk reaction to the mention of Idolmaster? Sigh.

He really fucked up griffit and guts looks..so fat for a character designer
Nov 5, 2011 6:14 PM

Sep 2011
PirateNinja said:
jmal said:
MonkeyDGuts said:
but i have a feeling that it might not turn out so good with Miura hiring the IDOLM@STER creator as director *chills*.

He really fucked up griffit and guts looks..so fat for a character designer

I know, most of the characters look way too clean i don't really like the character designs for this movie at all. I'll still watch it because its Berserk but I'm still pissed that this guy is directing it, they should have picked someone who has experience with this kind of dark anime, or just used the studio that did the first one.
Nov 10, 2011 10:21 AM

Feb 2010
The complete first trailer!

Nov 10, 2011 3:38 PM

Aug 2011
Griffith looks way too fucking ridiculously pretty to be a dude. LOOK AT THOSE BOTOX LIPS. And he obviously curls those lashes.
Nov 10, 2011 3:56 PM

Jul 2010
This made my day! :D
Nov 11, 2011 7:54 AM

Aug 2009
That CG stuff looks a bit disappointing, expected better, but other than that it looks beautiful ^^

Nov 11, 2011 8:53 AM

Jul 2009
Worried about some new director coming in, with crap CGI, but if there truly is a decade of Berserk movies, there'll be time for it to get better.
Nov 11, 2011 12:01 PM
Jul 2010
DraconisMarch said:
Griffith looks way too fucking ridiculously pretty to be a dude. LOOK AT THOSE BOTOX LIPS. And he obviously curls those lashes.

he looks exactly like a girl, lol...
Nov 11, 2011 12:14 PM

Jan 2010
I agree with some people
Griffith looks like a girl,

but I love trailer )) It's looks very interests ! =)
Nov 11, 2011 12:23 PM

Aug 2011
The trailer reminds me of Disney movies.
Nov 13, 2011 4:34 AM

Apr 2011
Tiago97 said:
The trailer reminds me of Disney movies.

Yeah it's the fucking music.

Other than that I feel as if I'm the only one not put off by the CGI and character designs.
Nov 13, 2011 4:37 AM

Aug 2011
HanSoloX said:
Other than that I feel as if I'm the only one not put off by the CGI and character designs.

Neither am I, perhaps 'cause I haven't watched Berserk yet and just don't care.
Nov 13, 2011 6:50 AM
Jun 2008
Just got back to the manga last night... Can't wait to see that.

HOLY S*** @ the trailer.
Nov 13, 2011 6:56 AM

Jun 2009
Those CGI battles at the beginning looked like something from a Sengoku Basara opening. Ridiculous.

Also what the FUCK is wrong with that music starting at 0:50? Seriously this is horrible.
Nov 13, 2011 8:30 AM

Aug 2011
jmal said:
I don't think whether you've seen it or not should affect what you think of the CG. It's just very very low quality and badly integrated (if they tried at all) into the animation, no matter what the series we're talking about is.

Since I'm one of the few aliens that doesn't mind CG, I thought it had something to do with me not having watched the series :P
Nov 16, 2011 7:32 AM

Jul 2007
Misaola said:

Griffith looks like a girl,

That just makes me more sure that they are going to be more faithful to manga character designs.

I can't remember the anime adaptation designs, but "Griffith looks like a damn girl" was the first thing I thought when reading the manga.

Acrata said:
The complete first trailer!

FABULOUS.
Nov 21, 2011 11:44 PM

May 2007
jmal said:
Wow. That CG looks like it came out of a video game multiple console generations ago. I really, truly would have watched a Berserk movie series, but the CG horses and armor and so on completely destroy it for me. Really, really, really bad. Why would they do that to Berserk?

I thought exactly the same when I watched the trailer for the first time in the poor resolution posted here. Days later, I went to the official site to look for updates and I watched the trailer again in 720p and it looked so good that I almost thought it was a different one since the CG actually looked passable this time, not like in the 360p trailer I watched first where the CG scenes seemed like some mediocre amateurish animation.

So I believe you should watch the trailer again, this time in 720p or in 1080p if possible to see if your opinion about the animation improves, even slightly.
Dec 2, 2011 8:32 AM

Mar 2010
YESSSSS!!!!! I'm SO excited for this!!

Anyone know if they'll be broadcast in theatres outside Japan? Namely Canada :3

Myraculous1 said:
January 12 marks the coming of what will be the start of probably the greatest anime movie saga our world has ever seen

get hype

stAtic91 said:

A decade of Berserk movies? Fuck yeah.

^ Right there with you guys ^
Dec 3, 2011 2:30 PM
Dec 2011
So it looks like these 3 Berserk movies will cover the beginning through the Ecliplse which is volume 13 and where the original anime left off. Is there any news that they will make an anime that takes place after the eclipse or is it simply not gunna happen?
Dec 3, 2011 2:54 PM

Apr 2011
I think Berserk manga is the greatest fictional work ever made. I just want to read more and more! It's really exciting with the movies and I hope they are at least almost as epic as the manga.
Dec 11, 2011 2:39 AM

Aug 2007
Meeatcookies said:
I want it now :O How is it possible anyway, that berserk gets another adaptation sooo late?

qft
Jan 19, 2012 4:58 PM
Apr 2009
Too shiny...

ohh and the music at trailer wasnt gay enough..
Feb 3, 2012 5:28 PM

Feb 2010
first ten minutes of movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWq4xtcQnVc

It's kinda weird.
Feel free to join my club if you like Armored Core:
Feb 3, 2012 5:36 PM

Nov 2011
Korotoko said:

It's kinda weird.

NO ITS FUCKING BEAUTIFULLLLL

Just wish it wasn't censored and was subbed.. Ready the manga and watched the anime though so had a good idea what was going on..
Man I'm excited for the full movie subbed!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Feb 3, 2012 5:43 PM
Jul 2008
Didnt play the yt trailer, dont want to ruin it, since im going to see it in few days.
Overall I think this is a good thing, but nothing will ever match up with manga.
What this movie could do is bring new generation of people who will want to read manga after this.
Feb 3, 2012 5:51 PM

Feb 2010
Ragix said:
Korotoko said:

It's kinda weird.

NO ITS FUCKING BEAUTIFULLLLL

Just wish it wasn't censored and was subbed.. Ready the manga and watched the anime though so had a good idea what was going on..
Man I'm excited for the full movie subbed!

you sure? It reminds me of 3d rendering from a video game.
Feel free to join my club if you like Armored Core:
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

53 by Nutella71 »»
4 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
11 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 3 hours ago

1 by deg »»
2 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.