Comment on the above user's favorite anime/manga

New
Pages (88) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 6, 2011 8:11 PM

Aug 2009
@astronomical
Anime:
I LOVE KURAGEHIME!!! <33
Its such a fabulous show and really needs more publicity!

I plan on watching Darker than Black SOON!

And Spirited Away is my favorite Ghibli movie!

And maybe I'll try Mononoke and Mushishi one day...

Manga:
Fruits Basket is my favorite manga ever! :3
It was the only manga to make me cry.. XD

I plan on getting into D.Gray Man one day, but never had the time to...

Overall, nice taste! :3
Jul 6, 2011 9:21 PM
Sep 2009
@Lulexiaa

Anime

Brotherhood-- I have not watched this yet, but the will eventually because the original FMA was a remarkable show.

AnoHana-- The front-runner of the year so far for me, such a beautiful, heart-rending and honest drama; Menma is adorable.

Ao no Exorcist-- Doesn't really catch my interest, but I may check it out if I feel like watching a shounen.

Code Geass R2-- Geass has always been about the spectacle, and this season definitely shows that; would not list this as one of the best anime ever, but did I enjoy it... you bet I did.

Soul Eater-- Possibly the most stylish shounen ever; when it comes to shounen top notch presentation is key, and this show has got that in spades.

Manga

Fruits Basket-- Heart-warming and powerful, only part-way into it, but it is still very, very good.

Kimi ni Todoke-- Only watched the first season of the anime, and read first volume of the manga... plan to continue both soon because I love Sawako.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Sep 4, 2011 7:14 PM

Jun 2008
@ judojon

Boogiepop Phantom: I really love this underrated anime as well. Everyone talks about Lain, but I think Boogiepop is superior. It's a total mindfuck, but with a good story and interesting characters. Unique, intense, dark, and compelling.
Cowboy Bebop: Also one of my most beloved anime. A masterpiece in every way. Unforgettable, and always beautiful, no matter how many times you watch it. Truly the greatest anime ever made.
Utena: Sure, it's a visually stunning anime with a load of symbolism thrown in, but that's about it. I liked it, but I never got into it. A strange experience, rather intense at times, but deeply flawed, non-sensical, and repeatitive.

I haven't read any of the manga in your favorites (yet).

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Sep 4, 2011 7:22 PM

Sep 2010
@Rena:

Higurashi- It was decent, but Kai was better imo

Death Note- Also decent, but after marathoning it once or twice it gets very boring. Although there are some episodes I wouldn't mind watching over and over again especially the Matsuda one he is so cute. xD

Gankutsuou- I found it boring except for a few episodes here and there. The art and music was lovely though.

Manga:

X- I wish CLAMP would finish it cause I heard it went on hiatus.

Black Lagoon- Only watched the anime so I say it would be a great read if the anime stuck with the manga
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 4, 2011 7:47 PM

Jun 2008
@ Roloko

We clearly have opposite tastes.

Ayashi No Ceres: Unfortunately, I've gone through both the manga and the anime, and I hate them both quite a lot. In my book, this series is terrible, everything about it: the characters, the pacing, the development. Really bad and frustrating. The smutty scenes don't help, neither. I only cared about Kagami. Toya is worthless, and Aya needs to die in a painful way.
Reborn: I haven't read the manga. Anyway, the first 20 episodes of the anime were quite mediocre, typical shounen crap. Hopefully it gets better, but for now I am rather unimpressed. The plot is quite ridiculous and uninteresting, and I'd like to strangle Tsuna, Kyoko, & Reborn. I love Hibari-sama, though.
Kuroshitsuji: Ugh, keep this away from me. I don't know how did I manage to complete this utterly horrible, annoying, fangirl-aimed anime. I tried reading the manga to see if it was any better, and it wasn't. What a total bore.

Sep 4, 2011 7:51 PM

Jun 2011
@Rena
Death Note- Haven't seen much but what I saw is what I liked.
Cowboy Bebop- I'm watching this and I love it. Seems like all the hype is worth it.
Higurashi- Hoorah for death. I plan on watching this due to it seeming interesting.
Sep 4, 2011 8:03 PM

Jun 2008
@ IllegalCyrus

KON: Not a fan of moeblob stuff, sorry. I don't hate it as much as Lucky Star, but it's still in my dropped list.
Baccano: One of my favorites too. A truly original and gritty anime, worthy of praise.

Sep 4, 2011 8:35 PM

Feb 2010
@ RenoPsychoKiller:

Higurashi--I just found it enjoyable. Nothing more, and nothing else. However, I get the feeling this is supposed to be viewed with Higurashi Kai, which I might get around to.

Cowboy Bebop--Yeah, this show deserves all of the praise it can get. It's hard to dislike this, but I can't figure out what it's missing.

Death Note--This is certainly an epic ride, but I don't know if I'd give it a second shot knowing how the game ends.

I haven't seen the others so commenting there would be pointless.
Kyouko_AyaseSep 4, 2011 9:05 PM
Sep 4, 2011 9:20 PM
Jul 2011
@Akito_Kinomoto

I haven't seen Eve no Jinkan, but it looks interesting

I just started watching Haibane Renmei. I can testify that it is very good despite not having finished it yet. It's hard to describe the trance that show puts you in...

Now I have seen After Story and it is amazing, but I feel that the first season was better; it just seemed a little less manipulating (God knows it didn't make me cry as much). Then again, I am in the minority of people that liked the Fuko arc so what do I know.
Sep 4, 2011 9:26 PM

Mar 2009
@Majorx3
Um, all you have is FLCL...anyway, I remember it being only so so for me personally. Haven't seen it in ages though, I need to rewatch it I'm sure.

VV I also have a long list of additional favorites in my profile, feel free to use those too
Sep 4, 2011 9:36 PM

Jun 2008
@ FallnKnightFakir

Maison Ikkoku: I've watched the anime. I really liked it at the beginning, but it really started to bore me afterwards. Just like any Takahashi work, it's way too long. It's not a bad series, but surely not something I'd rewatch. The supporting characters were all utterly irritating.

I see that you also like Higurashi, Kodomo No Omocha, & Battle Royale.
I'm a die hard Higurashi fan, that's pretty obvious, and I prefer the first season as well.
I love Kodocha too, but only the anime, which is easily one of my childhood favorites. I thought the manga was pretty bad in comparison.
As for Battle Royale, it's one of the most distasteful manga I've ever laid my eyes on.

Sep 4, 2011 9:36 PM

Aug 2011
@FallnKnightFakir
Lol; I don't know most of the manga/anime that you have Favorited. xD
I tried watching Princess Tutu on Netflix once. I never got to finish it but it seemed pretty interesting.
Sep 4, 2011 10:00 PM
Jul 2011
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO REMIND ME GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES EXISTS! [sad face]

I haven't seen Ga Rei: Zero, but it is on my instant queue

I actually liked Eden of the East a lot. I even found the shows fascination with *ahem* "Johnnies" kind of endearing. THe ending ruined it for me because it was just a huge commercial for the movies (why couldn't they just make the show 26 episodes long to begin with? I know Production I.G. can afford it) either way, good choice
Sep 4, 2011 10:04 PM

Jun 2011
@MajorMajorMajor
Cowboy Bebop- I'm watching this and I love what I am seeing.
FLCL- I hated it due to barely any plot
NGE- MINDFUCK. What I saw is Shinji is a pussy. The movies are better for me
Baccano!- I love this show. Extremely unique.
Tutu- I plan on watching this show
Sep 4, 2011 10:06 PM

Mar 2009
@Illegal Cryus
TTGL-high five, man! Also one of my favorites!
Madoka Magica-good, but not my fav magical girl deconstruction (see my list for what is)
Baccano!-a fine show, but I think it's gotten overhyped recently...maybe I just dislike part of the fanbase?
Sep 4, 2011 10:16 PM

Mar 2011
@FallnKnightFakir
Yes, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann on a winning streak!
Haven't seen Princess Tutu or Legend of the Galactic Heroes but I know they are supposed to be classic and very good.

As for your favorite mangas, I don't know what any of them even are aside from Hikaru no Go haha, so I have no opinion on them.
Harems don't exist in America. If one guy is constantly surrounded by beautiful girls, then he's probably the gay friend.
Sep 4, 2011 10:18 PM

Jun 2011
itsthatguy
GURREN LAGANN FUCK YEAH. THIS MADE ME MANLIER THEN FUCKING MAN.
Soul Eater- My first anime that got me into it. It was good still.
Toradora!- This show was decent. Ami and Minori were the best characters. Taiga and Ryuji were weak as hell though.
Sep 5, 2011 12:39 AM

Sep 2009
@ IllegalCyrus :

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - This show was simply awesome because it didn't go the way you expected to. Hearing the concept of "magical girls" you expect to see all the main characters get their powers in the first ep(s) and then proceed to desu desu the world~~~ But MSMM's charm lied in the fact that it was so different and unpredictable. Every episode left you wanting more and the ending was nicely done and somewhat realistic. Overall an epic series, but I dunno if it should be top 25.

K-ON!! - This... Is the sequel, right? For some reason I'll never know, I enjoyed the first season somewhat and more or less marathoned through it, but the second season was such a chore to me. I found the ending to be pretty bitterweet and probably shed a few tears, but aside from that I wasn't really a fan of this.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Ah TTGL. Can't say it wasn't interesting. I dunno. I was captivated during the first few episodes then come episode 8 or whichever episode that was I was just left stupefied. Because of my firm shock and disbelief and shock at what had happened I wasn't really able to enjoy the show and dropped it so many episodes later so I dunno.

Baccano! - It definitely took a rewatch to understand this masterpiece. I loved Baccano and its unique plot and timeline. I think I could've been happier if this series had been longer, but the ending was so perfect that I don't think that I'd want there to be a second season for this or something. xD
Sep 5, 2011 12:47 AM
Mar 2011
the only one
i can say in any good out of either if your lists is inazuma 11

its the best spotrs anime in psat 5 years or so
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 5, 2011 12:53 AM

Feb 2010
Whoa. I've never seen/read anything in the list, except for Ashita no Joe.

That's one of the few sports anime i've watched.
Sep 5, 2011 1:35 AM

Jan 2008
Clannad: I can easily understand why this is part of your favorite and it could have been part of mine as well, outstanding anime

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai: vastly overrated, you might reconsider it from being part of your favorite in the future

5 Centimeters per Second: a masterpiece worthy of a top 5

Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai: otaku trash

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica: worthy of a top 5 as well, so far the only epic anime this year
Sep 5, 2011 5:59 AM

Sep 2010
@MannyCalavera:

Haibane Renmei: It was very original and unique plus the art and character designs are beautiful. I actually loved it.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Only on the second episode its ok I guess I hope it gets to a lot of action soon its quite boring, but then again most anime starts out like that. If it doesn't get good by around episode 30~40 I'll most likely drop it.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 5, 2011 6:06 AM

May 2011
@Roloko: I like code geass , and its one of my fav but didnt include it , out of the others I only watched ao no exorcist and o7 ghost , which both are pretty good , rating : 5/5.

As for the manga , didnt really get into them yet im still picking what I want to read , wish you could recomend something .
Sep 5, 2011 6:09 AM

Jun 2011
Ouran Host- I did not like it. Just felt too girly for me.
Toradora- I liked it. But not great. Ami and Minori were the stars of the show.
Sep 5, 2011 6:12 AM

Aug 2008
@hanasaku_iroha

Ouran High School Host Club - I did not like this show much at all. It had a few funny moments, but overall, I just found it to be annoying, and I hated most of the main characters. Needless to say I ended up dropping it.

Gintama - I have yet to watch Gintama though I plan to at some point. I've seen some clips from it and thought that they were pretty funny.

Toradora! - Toradora is another anime that I did not like and ended up dropping. I tried to get through it on multiple occasions but was never able to get past the first few episodes. Taiga annoyed me to no end.

Hanasaku Iroha - Hanasaku Iroha is a pretty good show so far. It isn't anywhere near my favorites, but for what it is I do quite like it.

edit:
It seems I was beaten to it so @IllegalCyrus

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - MSMM was a really good anime. It doesn't quite make my favorites, but it was great. I really liked the story to it and the animation was amazing (I am a big fan of SHAFT animation). When it started out I didn't think I would like it much, but then, as it went on, I liked it more and more. I'd say it's my second favorite anime of the year so far only behind Steins;Gate.

K-ON!! - I did not like K-ON much at all. I managed to make it through the first season (I don't know why I bothered though) but dropped it a few episodes into the second. When it came out, I was expecting something more like Beck, but I was quite mistaken,

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - A lot of people won't be happy about this, but TTGL was the most disappointed I have ever been in an anime. I started watching it after hearing from countless people how it was one of the greatest anime ever, but I found it annoying for the most part and barely managed to get through it.

Death Note - I love Death Note. I would probably credit Death Note for being the anime that got me into anime, and I still quite like it to this day. I just really liked the story and the characters alike. I even liked the ending.
KyzixSep 5, 2011 6:20 AM
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです
Sep 5, 2011 6:21 AM

May 2011
@ Kyzix

Sorry for late editing, something came up..

Anime:

Durarara!! - One of the best animes I've seen, great show. I really love the way its directed. Resembles Guy Ritchies works and he is genius. Character design by Yasuda Suzuhito, the God. You seriously need to read Yozakura Quartet manga. Looking forward for Baccano btw.

Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - Seriously ? Is it better than first season ? I have seen only 3 episodes from it and it is as funny so I guess I approve, after all, first season is one of my favorites.

Manga;

Goth - Very good manga. Mysterious and amazing story, I was really impressed after reading it.

Hotel - Very good too. Most highly respected oneshot ever and I don't wonder why.

Mirai Nikki - Great manga and one of my favorites as well.
Action, Mystery, Shounen, Supernatural, Psychological, Thriller, Romance with perfect balance. Very unique manga and success in every level. You should try Lunar Legend Chronicles, its like seinen version of Mirai Nikki.

Omoide Emanon - Again amazing manga. On the same line with Hotel.

The Music of Marie - Agree with this one too. Like better version of Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. I had some problems when rating this. Is it masterpiece or a 9. I'm still not sure about that one. One of the most unique mangas I've ever read.

Zaregoto - I haven't read this one but Nisio is author I respect the most. Hoping his works to get more anime adaptions, soon.

So yeah, you have absolutely great taste, sir. You need to do something to your music taste though. ;d
KarhuSep 5, 2011 6:45 AM
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Sep 5, 2011 6:54 AM

May 2010
@Kargu: I only know your anime favorites so, here goes...

Angel Beats!: Pretty good anime. At times very emotional and, at others, simply hilarious. I can see why one would favorite it. I didn't because I felt it still had a lot of potential it simply wasted.

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei: I don't normally like comedies, but this is one of the exceptions. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Some of the most brilliant wordplay I've seen in an anime. It's not in my own favorites because, well, I just don't like comedies all that much.

Spice & Wolf: Some of the most enjoyable conversations I've heard in an anime, coupled with one of so-far favorite lead couples (more for their verbal exchanges than their relationship). Simply loved it! I'm not really sure why I didn't favorite it as well. Also, we seem to agree on the first season being better than the second (I rarely find members of this opinion).
Shima_XIXSep 5, 2011 7:05 AM
Sep 5, 2011 11:23 AM

Mar 2011
@Shima_XIX

I've watched all 4, so that's good. Unfortunately I don't read Manga, and I haven't seen the anime of any of your favourite Manga apart from Deadman Wonderland.

Mushishi: Well, it's a very good anime. Each episode had a wonderful story, and I've often heard discussion of people's favourite episode of Mushishi. The only gripe I had at all is that the characters tended to look exactly the same, and that wasn't important. It's episodic nature prevented it from being too high in my ratings though.

Monster: Who thought something 74 episodes long could never once be tiresome or boring? People sometimes say that there isn't any filler, but I'd say there were episodes that weren't really relevant to the plot, but they were still great. The characters were fairly good, but the story was fantastic. The mystery behind Kinderhiem 511, and the rest of Johanns past was fantastic. It was also very well executed, the directing was very good.

Cowboy Bebop: I don't like this anime that much. I watched it and felt thoroughly disappointed, because I expected something amazing. I'd put this down to personal tastes, but I didn't like the characters that much, and the story was pedestrian (or that's how I felt).

Berserk Just finished watching it actually. I was truly surprised at how good this was, I found myself watching episode after episode as I wanted to find out what happened next. I also ended up liking the characters a lot, which made the finale that much more shocking. I did find a few things slightly off about the last episode, but those were minor complaints.

Manga: Deadman Wonderland: If it's anything like the anime that I'd really be questioning your tastes. The anime was rubbish, but that's not the manga so I can't really comment.
InfiniteSep 5, 2011 12:33 PM
Sep 5, 2011 11:41 AM
Sep 2009
@InfiniteRyvius

Infinite Ryvius-- Since you have this as a username, it is no surprise this is one of your favorites... haven't seen it yet, but I am looking forward to watching it; heard it is one of the director's best, along with Planetes, which is one of my favorites.

After Story-- Honestly I couldn't watch through the first season of Clannad, and I hear the ending of AS spoils what could have been a great story... so I'm still not sure if I will watch this.

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu-- Hilarious, one of the best comedy anime out there. Second Raid is still my favorite of the FMP series, but this might have been the most fun.

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya-- One of my favorite TV series related anime movies. I actually like this movie more than the show itself, and that is saying something because I do very much like the show.
Sep 5, 2011 12:27 PM

Mar 2009
@judojon
Cowboy Bebop-a classic show indeed! My favorite space western will always be Outlaw Star, but Cowboy Bebop is really damn awesome for the most part (just a few nitpicks here and there for me)

Tatami Galaxy-this series was a nice distraction for me, but nothing too special, though I did absolutely love the ED!

Revolutionary Girl Utena-this series didn't do much for me honestly. I didn't think it was bad by any means, but overrated? Yes. I really do think this would have been a better series if it were 26 eps long instead of 39.

Solanin-I didn't get much out of this series to be honest, didn't live up to the hype for me, I only found it to be average.

Uzumaki-my favorite horror manga ever! Just plain one of the scariest things I think I've ever read and the art is so incredible that I don't think it could work as anything but a manga either, oddly enough
Sep 5, 2011 5:14 PM

Jul 2010
Princess Tutu: Never watched it

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: I liked TTGL Kamina getting killed was a big part of that(nothing against Kamina) what a twist.

Outlaw Star: Loved it, it is one of my favorites. Gene is the man.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes:.Never seen it
Sep 5, 2011 6:04 PM

Jan 2008
@AtomskHowl

- Cowboy Bebop: A classic. Great everything really, especially soundtrack and characters. I've had it in my favourites before.

- One Piece: Easily the best of the 'big three' and with good reason. Great overall feel, generally likeable characters and some interesting plot arcs. I can completely understand why someone would have it in their favourites.

- Samurai Champloo: It's not quite as good or as renowned as Bebop, but it's certainly got a similar level of style and character development. The soundtrack is noteworthy too for being quite a bit different to most (same as with Bebop, actually).

- FLCL: Very enjoyable series, even if it does make little sense at points. Amazing soundtrack too, plus the action scenes are great fun to watch. Plus who doesn't like Canti? He's like, the best robot ever.

- Black Lagoon: Also very fun and full of awesome action sequences. Interesting setting too, plus great animation quality throughout. When it comes to action, there isn't much out there which comes to this level of quality, so I can see why it's favourite worthy.
Sep 5, 2011 6:36 PM

Mar 2009
@Seasonreaper
First off, Pinkie Pie forever!! Makes going to the bathroom awkward though...

Mirai Nikki-awesomeness! I hope someone grabs the manga license here, there were only 2 freakin' volumes to go! So yeah, I haven't gotten to read like the last 3 vols, but what I read has been awesome.

Aria-going only on what I've seen of the anime, which is just season 1, but it's nice an relaxing. That said, I like having the music and colors there a lot.

Madoka Magica-awesome show, but not my fav magical girl deconstruction (lookit my top 5 for that one!)

Dennou Coil-only seen maybe 7 eps of it, but it wasn't really doing much for me

Kaiji 2-havent seen this one yet, but I will because the first season was awesome. Not top 5 material for me, but awesome
Sep 5, 2011 6:54 PM

Jun 2011
I plan on watching Tutu. Seems interesting.
TTGL- I love this show to death. It's an amazing show with a great story and likable characters. It can pack an emotional punch at times also.
LotGH- This thing is extremely highly rated. I plan on watching this soon.
Sep 5, 2011 6:59 PM

Mar 2011
Madoka- Amazing! I love the depth and emotion of this show! Tragedy in it's finest form.

Death Note- This was very interesting to watch. Dark, calculated, & intriguing.

K-ON!!- Better than the first season! This was another fresh bit of the Light Music Club.
Sep 5, 2011 7:05 PM

Mar 2009
@Edefrem
Higurashi-gee, how did I know this would be here? Lol, but yeah, I really liked Higurashi too!

Umineko-this one I didn't like as much, I honestly only watched 3/4ths of it. That said, I don't think it's the hellspawn a lot of people call it

Ranma 1/2-this used to be my favorite manga and anime, I mean, the manga got me into manga, but after I finished Maison Ikkoku by the same author, I just couldn't go back and now I find it to be annoying and average.
Sep 5, 2011 7:23 PM
Sep 2009
@FallnKnightFakir

Princess Tutu-- A great deconstruction of magical girl anime, a kid friendly one at that. Though Utena is my favorite deconstruction anime, Tutu is still one of my favorites and very dear to me.

TTGL-- Awesome super-robot show... a bit ridiculous but that was the point.

Outlaw Star-- People tell me that I'm sure to like this because I love Cowboy Bebop, so I look forward to checking it out.

LoGH-- I don't watch too many anime with episode counts over 100, but I will watch this eventually because of its reputation.
Sep 5, 2011 7:31 PM

Nov 2010
@judijon

Cowboy Bebop- Awesome show with great characters, story, and music

Boogiebop Phantom- I haven't seen it, but I heard that it is fantastic and I will watch it eventually

As for the rest, I haven't really heard of them, but I'll check them out.
Sep 5, 2011 8:01 PM

Sep 2010
----Anime
FMP - Great show, I enjoyed it a lot and I really hope for a 3rd season to come out. Love the humor in it too. xD

Toaru Majutsu no Index - Loved it, though I hate Touma. >_> my favorite character is Mikoto Misaki (Biri biri <3). I didn't like the pacing of the story but whatever, it was a good show overall.

Zero no Tsukaiama - I thought it was good, hated Louise's "tsundere" personality. Also, I prefer the second season more than the first one.

----Manga
Bleach - Horrible manga, no storyline. They also pushed the restart button earlier.
Sep 5, 2011 8:17 PM
Feb 2011
@ RingoPie

Anime

One Piece: Of the big 3 (4?) series right now, One Piece looks the most interesting and i will definitely check it out in the future. You know, when it ENDS.

Gurren Lagann: I liked this. maybe 3 and a 1/2 stars. The story felt rushed from one thing to the next with little breathing time, but the positive message was so overwhelming you barely even notice. Hardly a top favorite, but a likable show.

Skip Beat: Again, really need to see this. I hear it talked up all the time. I wonder if its worth it.

Manga

One Piece: You REALLY like One Piece. Damn.
002173Sep 5, 2011 8:22 PM
Sep 5, 2011 9:30 PM
Jul 2011
@MaedhrostheTall

Dragonball- I thought this show was pretty funny. But the fights were boring to me and I never really got into any of the characters. I might have even prefered DBZ to this. But a decent choice I can see why someone would like it.

Grave of the Fireflies- A great movie. This one really can make someone feel bad for just being a human being. One of my top 3 anime movies. On another note check out Tsumiki no Ie, its only 12 minutes long and the only anime movie that has ever evoked as much emotion from me as Grave of the Fireflies.

Extended list

Ponyo- I actually didn't like this one. I thought there were better movies from the guy. I don't know why but this movie never seemed all that great to me.

Edit: If someone doesn't know any of my top 5 you can look through my list and pick out any 9 out of 10 if you would rather do that instead.
weeeeeeeSep 5, 2011 9:35 PM
Sep 5, 2011 9:55 PM

Jun 2011
FMA:B This anime is great from the first 3 episodes.
If it gets better It'll end up being in my favorites
Death Note: I love how this show is going for me. A true battle of wits to the death.
LotGH- I plan on watching due to everyone loving it.
Code Geass- I plan on watching it. Seems very good.
Sep 5, 2011 9:56 PM
Mar 2011
monster= good but over reated urasawa as later work is better

Death Note = a story that foucus on a bishi anit horeo will oece an forever be over rated its was done first by skull man and better than akumetsu and loght is not nobel

Legend of the Galactic Heroes= 1 word Epic animes like this are not made any more and people sat that new anime is better moe blobs make a better strory than a ten year war

geaas= se my vies on death note plus gumdm did thes better almost 30
years before with new types
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Sep 7, 2011 10:32 AM

Sep 2011
Damn, I was hoping to say over-hyped, but when I saw your list, I gave up. Lol, I saw NONE of those animes in your list xD the only 80's animes I've watched on my own volition is Touch xD
LastExile_613.png
Sep 7, 2011 10:42 AM
Jul 2011
@Alec
Anime
Cowboy Bebop-Yup it's a classic
Honey and Clover-I did not like it.
Fullmetal Alchemist-I liked it but it would have better if the producer had made it more serious and not throw in those lame jokes.

Manga
Naruto and One Piece-I really don't get why everyone loves it so much.
Sep 7, 2011 10:43 AM

Jun 2011
Cowboy Bebop- It holds up. I need to get back to watching it.
Death Note- A true classic. I'm loving how the story is going.
I'm planning on watching both Monster and NHK due to both seeming very interesting.
Sep 7, 2011 10:43 AM

May 2010
@Raitei-Dono: Of those I know so far...

Cowboy Bebop: As far as I'm concerned, it's a classic in almost every sense of the word. Loved it.

Monster: And this one's on it's way to becoming a classic. One of the best Mystery/Thrillers I've ever watched, with some of the most well fleshed out characters I've seen.

Death Note: Until the end of L's arc, it was amazing, but, after that, most of the characters just ended up becoming caricatures of themselves. Impressive, but it could have been a lot better.

EDIT: Wonder how that happened. I'm sure I'd posted first. Anyway...

@IllegalCyrus: Of those I know so far...

Gurren Lagann: I don't have much of a taste for very loud shows, so I didn't really enjoy it as much as most members seemed to have. It was still pretty good, I guess.

Nanoha A's: One of the best mahou shoujo anime I've watched. A little dramamtic at times, but still pretty amazing.

Baccano!: Absolutely loved it! Everything, from the characters to the story, was one of the most memorable shows I've watched.
Shima_XIXSep 7, 2011 10:54 AM
Sep 7, 2011 11:11 AM
Mar 2011
Berserk - i love the manga but the aniime was so disjoyted
Cowboy Bebop is a sapce opara but not good one if you say comapre to LOGH or 999 it fails
manga
Rurouni Kenshin - Closest to a modern day Lone wolf and Cub i love it

Sep 7, 2011 11:24 AM

May 2011
^Sry,i don't watch or read any of your favorites :<
It's the first time i see the names of those animes and manga :O
''I was dead serious''

Sep 7, 2011 11:42 AM

May 2011
GTO- very funny and full of awesome action sequences.I love the humor in it.(Onizuka<3)
Nana-Loved it, it is one of my favorites,Hachi is really cute>_<
''I was dead serious''

Pages (88) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ask the person below you a question. v34 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 28

2518 by MitsukiHimeka »»
12 seconds ago

» First Thing That Comes To Mind v21 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 27

6732 by IpreferEcchi »»
13 seconds ago

» You angered the god above. (above user is god) What divine retribution do you receive?

IpreferEcchi - Sep 23, 2019

31 by tsukareru »»
16 seconds ago

» Person above established a secret society. What's one of the rules?

IpreferEcchi - 2 hours ago

7 by Konan_Edogawa_ »»
22 seconds ago

» What are your thoughts after visiting the profile of the user above? v.3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Aug 9, 2023

3453 by wandererofnorth »»
2 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.