MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Comment on the above user's favorite anime/manga
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Forum Games »» Comment on the above user's favorite anime/manga

Pages (174) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
07-05-11, 11:05 AM

Just comment on the above users favorite anime/manga. Please just say your honest opinions.

No reason to get mad if someone doesn't like your favorite anime/manga.

Lets Begin

07-05-11, 11:56 AM

@Ragna92

Anime:

One Piece - I love One Piece, but I think it's one of those shows that is really hard to watch week to week as nothing seems to happen. (Especially apparent in the more recent episodes and arcs). I think One Piece is very enjoyable if you watch say 20-30 episodes at a time, or more preferably an arc at a time.

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed - haven't seen

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works - haven't seen

Death Note - decent for the first half, though overrated in my opinion. The second half Light's intelligence seemed to randomly vanish, which made no sense.

Durarara!! - haven't seen

manga:

Groove Adventure Rave - haven't read

One Piece - I prefer the manga to the anime, so love this~

Elfen Lied - haven't read, but if it's exactly like the anime I wouldn't like it.

Great Teacher Onizuka - haven't read

Fairy Tail - Fairy Tail kind of lacks an underlining plot. They do their job to job arcs but I never really saw much progression in finding the dragons they were looking for. Perhaps this changes later. I'd say this is a worse than One Piece but better than Naruto ;x

07-05-11, 2:54 PM

i cant really comment here as i havnt seen any of the anime or read any of the manga in ure favorites :L

Love doesn't exist only companionship ... those you love will always walk away but your companions will always look out for you ... moral of the story - look for a companion not a love intrest

07-05-11, 7:14 PM

Well seeing as Xenus' purpose was to just throw about an Ad, I guess I'll go with Tomoya's favourites. Well, anime favourites anyway, far too lazy to do Manga.

Clannad- Not my usual cup of tea, but a good anime non the less.

Clannad After Story: Yet to watch this so I can't really say much. Heard it's a real tear jerker, which I was expecting from the first series considering the rave reviews people were firing my way.

Angel Beats- Haven't watched It, and probably never will.

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu- Only seen bits and pieces. Pretty funny I guess. Liked FMP and TSR a lot more though.

K-on- Like Angel Beats, I'll probably never watch this.

07-05-11, 7:35 PM

Comments on CommanderShepard's favorite list

Anime:

Outlaw Star - I remember watching this when I was a kid but unfortunately, I can't remember the story so I think it is better not to comment on this.

TTGL - indeed one of the best anime I've ever watched. I call it "The making of the man". I actually gave it a 9/10 score,almost giving it a 10. But, sometimes I can't stand the sunglasses(LOL). Nonetheless, the art is good, the story is amazing and the ending blew me away.

One Piece - also one of my favorites. I love the story of every crew. So long series but still I love it. Sometimes, the long episodes per arc kill the anime.

Cowboy Bebop - one of the coolest anime ever made.

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin - haven't seen it..

Manga:

One Piece - I think it is better than the anime because of the lack of fillers and also, I appreciated the art more in the manga than in the anime.

Air gear - haven't read it but I've watched the anime.

Fairy Tail - it is actually very entertaining. the good thing about this manga is that there is only few chapters per arc. But, I can't say that the manga is great.

Deadman Wonderland - also haven't read it but I've watched the anime.
Modified by yellowbuds, 07-05-11, 7:43 PM

07-05-11, 9:12 PM

I will just skip ohos9527 then....

@yellowbuds

Anime

Honey and Clover - I didn't like Honey and Clover, but it seems to be very popular.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Well it is #2...undeservingly.

Hunter x Hunter - Never seen it

Spirited Away - I thought older Miyazki's movies were better. In comparison Spirited Away just isn't as great as say Princess Mononoke.

Cross Game - I really enjoyed Cross Game, it was such a fun ride. Check out Touch if you like Cross Game, it's the grandfather of Cross Game

Manga

I only know Skip Beat! and I really want to read it, but chapters come out like once a month? No thanks! I will wait when it is finished.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

07-05-11, 9:35 PM

Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen def. deserves its place in my opinion. It's a 10 for me and I think I had it in my favorites at one point. It's beautiful and had a pretty strong emotional impact on me. I absolutely adore Kenshin and Tsuiokuhen makes his story seem very real to me.

Haven't seen or read any of the others, but you don't have that many...

07-05-11, 9:57 PM

@astronomical

Anime

Darker than Black-- Awesome action show with some really cool powers; the world is poorly developed though.

Mushishi-- One of the most beautiful anime in existence, one of my favorites as well; ranked 8th in my top 10.

Spirited Away-- A magnificent movie, one of the reasons I'm even an anime fan, actually. Second to only Princess Mononoke as far as Ghibli films.

Kuragehime-- Endlessly charming, Tsukimi and Kuranosuke are wonderful leads.

Manga

Only read Fruits Basket, and haven't finished it yet... but I can say it is amazing so far.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.

07-05-11, 10:16 PM

@judojon

Anime:
- Boogiepop Phantom, I've heard a lot about that. Been meaning to watch it.
- Cowboy Bebop, it's highly rated for good reason. One of my favorites as well.
- Princess Tutu, also heard a lot of good things about it. It's supposed to be one of the best magical girl shows, isn't it?

Manga:
- Solanin, I know it's really good, but it didn't really connect with me. Guess I gotta wait until I'm in my later 20's to really get it.
- Uzumaki, that thing is amazingly twisted. Just...Wow.

07-06-11, 2:36 AM

hm can only really comment on gintama and this is coming from a friend according to him its a great anime and is in the top 10 of all time anime personally tho i havnt seen and dont plan to its doesnt seem like my peice of cake

Love doesn't exist only companionship ... those you love will always walk away but your companions will always look out for you ... moral of the story - look for a companion not a love intrest

07-06-11, 6:25 AM

Angel Beats - i love it! it's one of my favourite anime ^^
K-On - it's a pretty anime( i love Mio and Azusa) but, for me, some moments are quite boring

07-06-11, 6:37 AM

Angel Beats - really like it. Just missed out on a spot on my top 5 anime, Yuri is on my favourite character list though.

Can’t really comment on the rest since i haven’t seen them and don’t read manga, but if Fullmetal Alchemist is anything like the anime is, it should be good.

07-06-11, 7:43 AM

@kingXander

Fate Stay Night- The anime was pretty good, but the VN was a masterpiece

Spice and wolf- I really liked this show. It had a different feel to it. The characters were really good, specially Holo.

Shakugan No Shana- This was a show I really got into, although it's not one of my favorites, it's still a must watch anime

07-06-11, 8:00 AM

durarara might be awesome i have yet to see it.

don't like deathnote,one piece or mech robot stuff
FOR THE RECORD: I DON'T SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

07-06-11, 9:30 AM

@paganjihadist

Claymore - I mean Raki being super annoying aside, I loved Claymore for as long as it followed the manga. Which it stopped doing. And then I felt it went downhill.

Samurai Champloo - I've only seen bits and pieces of this, but it seemed really well done, perhaps not as well done as Cowboy Bebop though?

Cowboy Bebop - Some hit or miss episodes but overall one of the best anime out there. It seems to be everyone's favorite for a reason. Plenty of fun episodes and an amazing soundtrack.

Trigun - Trigun was okay. It was enjoyable and I'd re-watch it but it wasn't anything amazing for me personally. Although I hear the manga is a lot better so perhaps they'll do a reboot (ala Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)

Black Lagoon - Pretty much Cowboy Bebop all over again. If you're just including the first season here I'd agree that it was a lot of fun. Nothing truly spectacular, but still fun. The second season wasn't as great in my opinion though.

Let's see if I can get someone who has seen/read something on my list this time~

07-06-11, 12:01 PM

@Sachy

Anime:
I haven't seen Legend of the Galactic Heroes or Last Exile, though they sound pretty decent so I'll check them out one day. ^-^

Spice and Wolf - I just recently watched it and it was definitely a great anime. In my opinion, it was original and well done. Plus, I really liked Holo. x)

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - Words can hardly describe this fantastic anime. I absolutely love it. I was so happy they remade it and had it follow the manga.

Honey and Clover - This anime was pretty good, though it's not really my cup of tea. I honestly don't remember much of it since I watched it awhile ago so I don't have too much to say about it.

Manga:
The only one I'm reading out of yours is One Piece. It's one of my favorite mangas as well. Oda is an amazing author.

07-06-11, 12:18 PM

@taintedgalaxies

Anime:
One Piece - I'm not really a big fan of One Piece. I find that it is just too long and even if it wasn't for the length I didn't think it was great to begin with. I don't like the art all that much either, especially the character design.

Eureka Seven - I have yet to see this show yet though I plan to eventually. I'm not really a fan of mecha anime, but I really like Deadman Wonderland by the same people though the anime adaptation of that has been rather disappointing.

Gintama - I've heard good things about it, but this is another that I have yet to watch, but plan to eventually.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - FMA is a great show. I quite liked the original anime, but I definitely prefer Brotherhood. It's definitely one of the better shonen shows out there.

Inazuma Eleven - I've never seen it and don't plan to watch it.

Manga:
D. Gray-man - I haven't read the manga, but I thought the anime was pretty good, so I might read this at some point.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn! - Again, much like D. Gray-man, I have seen the anime, but not read the manga, but unlike D. Gray-man, I did not like Katekyo Hitman Reborn! much at all.

Ubel Blatt and Code:Breaker - I haven't read or really even heard of either of these (Code:Breaker sounds familiar though. I think I've come across it before possibly)

The Breaker - This is one of my friends favorites, so I plan to probably read it soon, but have yet to at the moment
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです

07-06-11, 1:27 PM

@Kyzik,

Durarara and Baccano - Both are great shows. Couldn't disagree with their placement as a favourite on anyone's list.
Serial Experiments Lain - That's a classic, good show. Love the soundtrack to this more than anything, though. ;p
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei - Masterpiece. Very nearly a favourite of my own.
Zetsubou - I'm not too big on this one, bit too comedic for my tastes, but it is good. Great art direction, and I'd probably like it more if it was a little less funny.

Goth - Never read it, but I like the artist and the author, so it can't be terrible.
Mirai Nikki - Haven't read it, either, but I'm planning to. The OVA was a bit... odd, but I've heard the manga is better.
Zaregoto - Reading this one right now; it's pretty good so far.
Hotel - Good stuff; not a favourite of mine, but definitely something I'd recommend to others. I gave it a 9/10, I think.
"I want to see more girl monsters. Girl giants, girl dragons, hulks & trolls.
Scylla and hydra. Girl monsters who are huge and whole. Teeth and plush
fur and long muscled tails. Heads enough to see you anywhere. Gleaming
green or brown. But girl monsters are usually zombies or vampires. Pale
and thin, bleeding or dead. Not Lady Lazarus, not a phoenix from the ash. I
want to see how you get strong without being broken first. Get strong and
stay strong. Get big and bigger." ( x )

07-06-11, 7:28 PM

@ophiucha

I can honestly say the only thing I recognize is Ponyo. I have not read, or seen any of the other anime or manga you have read or seen. I will say though I really do like Ponyo. It is a really sweet story.

07-06-11, 8:04 PM

Ouran is the only one I really know. Absolutely looove the anime, it used to be on my favorites list. Never really got into the manga though, because it was only repeating the anime as far as I got, so it was kind of boring. It's a great story though, lots of awesome characters. Bishies are always good, and a strong lead female is my favorite kind. Haruhi's on my favorites list <3

Also notices that most of you favorite anime and manga are the same. You must really love the stories.

Pages (174) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices