MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Deficits of Astarotte no Omocha Anime Disappoint Manga Author
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» News Discussion »» Deficits of Astarotte no Omocha Anime Disappoint Manga Author

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
07-05-11, 4:01 AM

Mangaka Haga Yui posted on her twitter that she wanted to pay off the huge debt of the Astarotte no Omocha! anime. She regretted that she couldn’t return profits to those who invested in her work. She herself purchased five copies each of the Astarotte no Omocha! Blu-ray and DVDs. She said she will do her best to promote the anime.

Source: Haga’s twitter

Note: The first volume of Astarotte no Omocha Blu-ray sold 1,316 copies.
Modified by Naruleach, 07-05-11, 2:39 PM

07-05-11, 4:04 AM

Well, that's pretty sad. And the anime was actually pretty enjoyable too.

07-05-11, 4:07 AM

It was watchable, but I was not hooked to it :/

07-05-11, 4:32 AM

Mediocre show, with a subject that turns away many people who are afraid to be labeled pedophiles or worse. What did she expect anyway?

07-05-11, 4:34 AM

Pretty sad if you have to buy your own products to support it...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

07-05-11, 4:37 AM

That's sad I liked it

07-05-11, 4:38 AM

it could have been much better if only animation studios followed the manga properly but shes a top woman for trying to boost the success of somthing that was adapted from her manga

07-05-11, 4:43 AM

londo said:
What did she expect anyway?

pretty much

07-05-11, 4:51 AM

An extremely underrated series really, but it seems that it turned off most people for absolutely different reasons: those who dislike ecchi expected it to be filled with ecchi stuff and didn't watch it, and those who like ecchi were left disappointed by the fact it wasn't ecchi at all.

07-05-11, 5:07 AM

londo said:
Mediocre show, with a subject that turns away many people who are afraid to be labeled pedophiles or worse. What did she expect anyway?

What's sad is that it's utterly nothing like the synopsis blurbs make it sound and so the knee-jerk reaction it got ended up being totally unwarranted.

It's actually an incredibly sweet, touching story. You could argue, and I wouldn't necessarily disagree, that the story was done a disservice by being thinly cloaked in an outrageous-sounding premise. As baito_senshi noted, it creates false impressions for both types of viewers. It sounds ecchi but it really isn't.

A shame, really. It's a great show.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

07-05-11, 5:14 AM

err they have to drink cum to keep themselves looking good. the simple fact that THIS even exists in the show automatically sets it a cut below everything else. that is, unless the synopsis is lying and this isn't actually a part of the show...?

07-05-11, 5:16 AM

ArbitorOfTime said:
it could have been much better if only animation studios followed the manga properly but shes a top woman for trying to boost the success of somthing that was adapted from her manga

baito_senshi said:
An extremely underrated series really, but it seems that it turned off most people for absolutely different reasons: those who dislike ecchi expected it to be filled with ecchi stuff and didn't watch it, and those who like ecchi were left disappointed by the fact it wasn't ecchi at all.

All true. It's similar to Kodomo no Jikan although inferior to it, adaptation wise.
If it were more psychological, then maybe it could have worked.
Pedophilia should not a problem if other shows had prepubescent children as main characters. There was more ecchi for older characters.
The threat is stronger than the execution.

07-05-11, 5:20 AM

baito_senshi said:
An extremely underrated series really but it seems that it turned off most people for absolutely different reasons: those who dislike ecchi expected it to be filled with ecchi stuff and didn't watch it, and those who like ecchi were left disappointed by the fact it wasn't ecchi at all.

"7.08" rating on MAL was jut about right, maybe a bit higher but that was fine for an "okay" or a "mediocre show".

lol @ not ecchi.

07-05-11, 5:24 AM

At least it's over 1frt.

07-05-11, 5:29 AM

-Quasar said:
baito_senshi said:
An extremely underrated series really but it seems that it turned off most people for absolutely different reasons: those who dislike ecchi expected it to be filled with ecchi stuff and didn't watch it, and those who like ecchi were left disappointed by the fact it wasn't ecchi at all.

"7.08" rating on MAL was jut about right, maybe a bit higher but that was fine for an "okay" or a "mediocre show".

lol @ not ecchi.

If you call THIS ecchi, I'm afraid to even ask what you would call Green Green or Girls Bravo.
Lotte is NOT ecchi, anyone thinking it is must be either a monk or just started with anime a couple days ago.

07-05-11, 5:31 AM

BigSimo said:
err they have to drink cum to keep themselves looking good. the simple fact that THIS even exists in the show automatically sets it a cut below everything else. that is, unless the synopsis is lying and this isn't actually a part of the show...?

This is just the kind of reaction that is the problem. Yes, that's exactly what we're saying, the synopsis is essentially bullshit - they mention the "chuu" (innuendo for it) in the show but if someone is looking for dick sucking, they'll be sorely disappointed. It gets about as "loli" as a kiss on the forehead.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

07-05-11, 5:35 AM

She seems desperate, although I doubt she could do anything about that.

baito_senshi said:
those who dislike ecchi expected it to be filled with ecchi stuff and didn't watch it, and those who like ecchi were left disappointed by the fact it wasn't ecchi at all.

Lol I don't think that's the case. Before watching it I thought it would turn out to be a childish show with magic as it's theme, while it's actually not. There wasn't much ecchi, but it had tons of fan service.

07-05-11, 5:39 AM

baito_senshi said:
If you call THIS ecchi, I'm afraid to even ask what you would call Green Green or Girls Bravo.
Lotte is NOT ecchi, anyone thinking it is must be either a monk or just started with anime a couple days ago.

Erm I don't think you should compare shows.
As far as I know, as long as there's a good amount of body exposure then it's classified as ecchi whether you like it or not.

07-05-11, 5:47 AM

It is ecchi, but it's not just a mindless ecchi like most of the ecchi shows. It has a great heartwarming story with good characters. And it's not just a loli show, there are many adult women as well, and the fanservice is mostly centered around them.

07-05-11, 5:50 AM

I think the problem with Lotte is that it should have been targeted either at people with a "special preference" or remove all the sexual parts and make it a family friendly heartwarming comedy. In its current state it cannot please the target audience.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices