MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

This happens when you skipped the whole Gintama series and just jump to Gintama'
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Gintama' »» This happens when you skipped the whole Gintama series and just jump to Gintama'

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
07-05-11, 2:34 AM

http://www.fandompost.com/2011/07/04/gintama-episode-215-review/

I accidentally saw this review on the internet while browsing. This guy,the reviewer, was pathetic. He don't know about the important characters because he didn't watch the first season.

I'm just curious if there is someone here who also did the same thing,skipping the first part of the series.

07-05-11, 5:57 PM

yea ive seen a couple people who were bashing Gintama' without even watching the first part. its pretty annoying.

07-06-11, 3:54 AM

Pretty stupid to critique a continuation of a series when you haven't even seen the first half. It's like reviewing a movie sequel and not even seeing the first part and then being lost because you don't get the references to the first part or the characters.

So to the guy that reviewed the episode, he does not understand the plot-building in 215. It may lack some comedy and the main cast of characters, but it does have character development on the main antagonists. It was like the show was taking a little detour.

I just can't get it in my head on why he did not watch the first 201 episodes first and then watch Gintama'. I finished the first Gintama in 2 weeks and caught up with Gintama' already, it's not that hard if you marathon the whole thing like with every other long anime. It's not even that long compared to other popular shows like Naruto or Bleach.

07-06-11, 5:05 AM

That guy is a moron. Of course you aren't going to understand who Takasugi/Kamui/Haresume Space Pirates if you haven't watched the first 200 episodes. Why even bother making a review if you don't know what your talking about.

07-06-11, 7:57 AM

Who cares... There some people who really take it too seriously. Lets that dude watching anime the way he wants. It's just anime.

07-07-11, 3:52 PM

Vinhthehero said:
Pretty stupid to critique a continuation of a series when you haven't even seen the first half. It's like reviewing a movie sequel and not even seeing the first part and then being lost because you don't get the references to the first part or the characters.

I just can't get it in my head on why he did not watch the first 201 episodes first and then watch Gintama'. I finished the first Gintama in 2 weeks and caught up with Gintama' already, it's not that hard if you marathon the whole thing like with every other long anime. It's not even that long compared to other popular shows like Naruto or Bleach.

I think that only makes logic in his head. Like any normal person would start watching a direct sequel of something and then complain that they aren't understanding what's going on because of "lack of context".

"This episode felt like a whole lot of nothing in the end though because, probably due to my missing about a hundred and fifty episodes, I haven’t a clue who any of these characters"
Yeah... probably, Sherlock.

07-09-11, 2:11 PM

I haven't watched the first season and started right with the new episodes. Why? Hm, 201 episodes are a lot to watch and sometimes I like it to first see the second season and than go back to the past by watching the first season. It kinda feels like a time-machine or something. ^^° Of course it's a disatvantage to not know about the backgrounds of the characters but the more interesting it will be when I watch the first season someday.

07-10-11, 5:27 PM

you should REALLY stop watching anime like that hollyblue
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

07-10-11, 6:25 PM

Moklyop is right. You might as well watch the whole anime in reverse order, starting with the last episode. Watching an anime in reverse season order will give you major spoilers if you decide to pick up the first season afterwards.

201 episodes shouldn't be a lot to watch. Once you watch a lot of anime, 201 would be nothing. Just sit and marathon through for a couple of days. By the time you reach episode 201, you'll be surprised how fast the anime went.

07-11-11, 2:14 PM

Moklyop said:
you should REALLY stop watching anime like that hollyblue

There is no law against it, isn't it? Maybe you should try it out, it is really fun to do something in a different way than usual. It's not that I always start with the second season, but it is really refreshing to do that once in a while. And as long as I have fun, it is ok for me. ^^

I don't complain if I don't understand something or if something doesn't make sense to me, because I know that there is a prequel, instead I try to figure it out. So I don't bother anyone with my behaviour.

Anyone should be allowed to watch anime as they want to. Theoretically I could start with the last episode and watch the whole anime backwards (I guess I won't do that though). But it's my thing to decide.

Hisagi-Chan said:
well you can expect that Gintama' will have lots of episoded too

One episode per week isn't much. Well, I'm not afraid of series with much episodes, all I wanted to say was that if it would have about 12 episodes I would have watched it before. ^^

07-16-11, 11:03 AM

Omg I hate people like the one who did the review, just stop btching about one of the best anime's out there because YOU are too lazy to watch the first season >.< *sigh*

07-16-11, 11:15 AM

this reminds me of my freind who bashed clannad after story before watching the orignal,

why do so many dumbasses exist in this day and age

07-23-11, 4:52 AM

I didn't skip the original. I watched the first series last summer.

That reviewer is an idiot.
This world already has enough idiots. We don't need another one but idiots are like rabbits. They multiply.

07-23-11, 2:26 PM

i jumped to Gintama' and i think it's awesome. Guess we're different.

To me it's like meeting someone for the first time. You don't need to hear their life story from the beginning of their life to know if you like them or not.

07-24-11, 6:39 AM

Corleone said:
Who cares... There some people who really take it too seriously. Lets that dude watching anime the way he wants. It's just anime.

This.

Please Gintama fanbase, don't turn into One piece fanbase.

07-24-11, 8:57 AM

Indeed.

As much as I enjoy Gintama, there's no need to get up on a high horse when some one doesn't agree with my opinion. All it does in the end is drive them farther away.

07-25-11, 1:58 AM

Xelzy said:
Corleone said:

This.

Please Gintama fanbase, don't turn into One piece fanbase.

Fanatics are everywhere. And they are pretty much same.

But it is really better to learn the 1st season =) Just advice

07-25-11, 5:29 AM

Elinaz said:
But it is really better to learn the 1st season =) Just advice

At least watch the movie to get a slight understanding of the characters' pasts.

However, the first series is definitely essential.

07-25-11, 6:56 AM

For what I see I don't really know what ep that he stop watch since he said he skip 50-100 ep so maybe he watch first season that skip but the point is why he review anime when he don't know what he was miss and just rate it.

07-25-11, 7:26 AM

Why skip? 201 episodes are nothing~, you can only skip if you have read the manga first, right?

Don't bother watching the ova: the birth of shiroyasha.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices