Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2011 9:04 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I tried my best at reading the raws....thankfully I was able to understand most of it...

Anyways, it's basically the same ending as the anime, with the exception that:

I actually enjoyed this manga as much as the anime, I thought the art was "unique" and the story was interesting.

8/10
--ALEX--Jul 3, 2011 9:09 PM
Jul 9, 2011 8:24 PM

Jun 2010
To anyone who is interested, you can see raw images of the last chapter @ http://www.dm5.com/m87592/
Jul 9, 2011 8:29 PM

Dec 2010
BOOOOO FUCK SEISHIN
TRAITOROUS, ANGSTY, BASTARD

He also gets stupid DEM to conclude the story.

Ozaki was better than him in every way.
Jul 10, 2011 7:46 PM

Jun 2008
notsureifsrs said:
BOOOOO FUCK SEISHIN

Agreed....I thought Shiki was a good story, however seeing Seishin at the end is not something I wanted.

He was a HORRIBLE character, there were no redeeming qualities and for him to outlast everyone is very disappointing...

Oh well, Shiki still goes down as a surprisingly good anime/manga.
Jul 10, 2011 7:53 PM

Dec 2010
At least Ozaki lived and will presumably be a doctor somewhere else. Hopefully he marries a non-BITCHES AND WHORES.

Really, Seishin getting jinroh'd is pure bullshit DEM. There's like 1/1000 chance, and he rose in less than a few hours, when it should take 3+ days.
The only reason he existed was to have a reason for Sunako to tell her story. And Sunako, aside from being a cute little girl, is a disgusting monster. She admits herself she has no redemption. She does not truly regret her actions and she knows she's done wrong.
Yeah, I hope these two fuckers are real happy and will never get their shit up in other people's businesses again.
Jul 13, 2011 2:18 PM

Mar 2008
I really liked both Anime and Manga, but I'm not quite satisfied with the ending.
Not because Natsuno along many others died (that was to be expected) but because both Sunako and Muroi survived D:
It feels like "what was the whole point anyway?"
To justify Sunakos actions (-> killing people) or something?

Though I have to admit, I liked the way they concluded the Manga better. Even if it were only a few additional pages, it felt more complete despite the open end.
Jul 13, 2011 2:48 PM
Dec 2010
Shiina said:
I really liked both Anime and Manga, but I'm not quite satisfied with the ending.
Not because Natsuno along many others died (that was to be expected) but because both Sunako and Muroi survived D:
It feels like "what was the whole point anyway?"
To justify Sunakos actions (-> killing people) or something?

Though I have to admit, I liked the way they concluded the Manga better. Even if it were only a few additional pages, it felt more complete despite the open end.

I have to agree. I'm fine with some Shiki surviving in the end. But those two really didn't deserve to live.
Jul 13, 2011 6:57 PM

Jun 2010
notsureifsrs said:
At least Ozaki lived and will presumably be a doctor somewhere else. Hopefully he marries a non-BITCHES AND WHORES.

Really, Seishin getting jinroh'd is pure bullshit DEM. There's like 1/1000 chance, and he rose in less than a few hours, when it should take 3+ days.
The only reason he existed was to have a reason for Sunako to tell her story. And Sunako, aside from being a cute little girl, is a disgusting monster. She admits herself she has no redemption. She does not truly regret her actions and she knows she's done wrong.
Yeah, I hope these two fuckers are real happy and will never get their shit up in other people's businesses again.

Actually as explained by Tatsumi Jinrou don't die and rise up like Shiki do. They come to the very brink of death before changing into Jinrou. Although I don't remember him saying that in the manga so it might only be in the anime. It's still kind of a deus ex machina what with him being able to become a Jinrou anyways, I mean Sotoba has a population of less than 2000 and out of the 100 or so that became Shiki two became Jinrou. So yeah it is kind of annoying.

Aside from that I suppose I'm the only one here who was happy with Seishin and Sunako surviving.

And Ookawa was quite a bit more sadistic in the manga than the anime. Really.

I liked how they gave us a nice little epilogue at the end. It really wrapped it up nicer than the anime. But I wished we could've seen something with Kaori and Akira.

Seishin looks so weird at the end, with his tough guy biker look. It doesn't really fit him to well.

Well the manga was certainly a more complete and arguably better version but I think I definitely liked the anime more, it was just more likable to me I guess.
Jul 13, 2011 8:18 PM

Dec 2010
Yeah, he had some wide shoulders there when the whole time he looked flimsy as hell.
Jul 15, 2011 12:51 PM

Dec 2009
I loved this Manga.. I'm glad Seishin got better at the end , I was tired of seing him go all innocent and wussy ...
Jul 16, 2011 6:33 PM

Aug 2007
I wouldn't say it's a deus ex machina, really. I think it was set up way in advance for Seishin to become a jinrou. Multiple times he refused to act upon anything happening in the village because he felt like he was being stopped by his humanity. This was the reason he simply couldn't agree with Ozaki's methods, although I feel like most people would side with Ozaki because he is a man of action; Seishin, however, is a man of thought (and inaction). Only until Seishin surrendered his humanity to Sunako near the end did he truly start his path to becoming distant from the humans. He killed the old man at the end for precisely the reasons he stated: he was no longer human and, as such, was not bound by the moral conflicts that humans possess.

Him becoming a jinrou instead of a vampire was pretty much inevitable. And since he felt like he couldn't kill people or bring them to justice as a human, I doubt he'd be content to kill people as a vampire. Plus, we'd already dealt with characters like that -- Ritsuko and Tohru -- so having a third would be excessive.

Although I do find it funny that once Seishin became a jinrou, he instantly got 50% more attractive and hip.

Quite liked this series. Really delved deeply into subjects I didn't think a vampire manga would really venture.
Jul 22, 2011 5:03 PM

Jun 2008
i love the manga as much as i love the anime, yet it was already painful to me to see Natsuno dying and Seishin/Sunako surviving at the end of the anime, now, seeing that twice is just plain awful.
Im not gonna lie, i dislike Seishin. As for Sunako, i didnt disliked her, but i didnt like her either, so...=_=

RIP Natsuno, he was awesome.
anyway, epic manga and anime. it is very unique and certainly did not end with a cliché, which is very positive.

And lol at Seishin as jinrou at the end. He looks like a clone of Tatsumi XD (which is totally not bad, because i loved Tatsumi, so...).

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 26, 2011 6:51 PM

Apr 2010
i friggin love this manga (and anime)
but i agree, the biggest problem is that seishin and sunako lives.....while the awesome natsuno dies
and yeah, seishin looks like a castlevania character, seriously

both the manga and the anime were good, and the wrap up in the manga was also good
and yeah, screw the luckiness of seishin >_>

Nov 1, 2011 2:36 AM

May 2009
I really enjoyed this series - it was thought-provoking and offered an interesting look at how ugly humans can get when survival instincts kick in. Plus, gosh, it was visually stunning!

Gah, Seishin! I really liked him in the beginning, and even while he cohorted with Sunako I could still slightly sympathize with him, but when killed that dude and went on about how as non-humans they're free of sin, I lost it. I was rooting for him to be more... I dunno, redeemed? Gah! Oh, not to mention that weird biker guy transformation. Very weird.

Toshio's loss... When he said that, I thought he was talking about losing Seishin rather than losing the battle to save the village. That was an 'ouch my heart' moment, though.
Feb 13, 2012 3:05 AM

Jun 2008
A suitable ending I suppose, though, I would've liked to see Ozaki.

Everyone's basically a monster (with that exception of that one nurse)... and for those who live on, well, good luck to them.

I like Seishin's new look. :o
HEY!
Oct 5, 2012 6:41 PM

Sep 2008
Shiki are evil because they see humans and cows and pigs, as food, and cannot live on unless they can feed off humans?

I guess humans are evil too, since we eat other sentient beings.

"I LIKE DARK BROODING COOL GUI NATSUNO HERP DERP THIS STORY SO DEEEPP ART SO UNIKUEEEE"

jesus christ. fucking tools everywhere
Oct 7, 2012 4:52 PM

Mar 2009
notsureifsrs said:
BOOOOO FUCK SEISHIN

The whole ending just gives me anxiety attacks. Why couldn't he have just died from the machete attack for good? Was when Sunako found him in the woods when he actually died, and became a werewolf? How come it took such a short amount of time for him?

Like the other poster, I would've liked to see Ozaki as well. It made me feel like he'd died, but after they showed one of the other villagers, I guess he didn't.
Aug 7, 2013 7:45 PM

Jul 2013
MahouS said:

Actually as explained by Tatsumi Jinrou don't die and rise up like Shiki do. They come to the very brink of death before changing into Jinrou. Although I don't remember him saying that in the manga so it might only be in the anime. It's still kind of a deus ex machina what with him being able to become a Jinrou anyways, I mean Sotoba has a population of less than 2000 and out of the 100 or so that became Shiki two became Jinrou. So yeah it is kind of annoying.

Aside from that I suppose I'm the only one here who was happy with Seishin and Sunako surviving.

I liked how they gave us a nice little epilogue at the end. It really wrapped it up nicer than the anime. But I wished we could've seen something with Kaori and Akira.

Seishin looks so weird at the end, with his tough guy biker look. It doesn't really fit him to well.

Well the manga was certainly a more complete and arguably better version but I think I definitely liked the anime more, it was just more likable to me I guess.

Thank goodness I found someone with the same view as me! I was glad that Sunako and Seishin still lived. Even though Sunako was an inhumane mass murderer, she was just a naive shiki who was trying to get through life. It isn't an excuse for her actions but that doesn't stop me from pitying her. I thought that Seishin becoming a werewolf is fitting for him since then it wouldn't be necessary for him to drink human blood. I thought that he looked great in the end, even if he looked out of place. I mean after he killed the big boss guy, he can't simply go back to being a kind, nonviolent monk sort of person. However, I do agree that the sudden macho build is so weird. It was almost like seeing a double of Tatsumi. O.O I wanted to see what happened with Kaori, Akira, and the doctor guy. Poor Natsuno though. It was inevitable that he would die but asdfghjkl I wished he didn't.
Oct 19, 2013 5:23 AM

Jul 2012
notsureifsrs said:
BOOOOO FUCK SEISHIN

The doctor was scum and a killer

The monk tried to.make peace with the shiki which you think is stupid

Killing and blood shed always works

The doctor to me was the scum bag of the series and the villagers are the real monsters
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Jul 18, 2014 3:15 PM

Jul 2012
my reaction when that bearded prick got killed

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/3339336
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Jul 10, 2015 7:35 PM

Nov 2011
Decent story overall although it took me awhile to get back to Shiki again after watching the anime a few years ago. Might give the novels a try in the future but this manga maintained a good balance of the horror and storytelling.
Sep 11, 2015 5:11 AM

May 2010
Yup, now that I am done with the manga, I am completely neutral. Both humans and Shiki were about as much at wrong in the manga (unlike the anime where the humans were portrayed far more cruel and violent to the point that it was hinted they have turned insane) The war was portrayed much better in my opinion.

Its sad there is just no happy end. Shiki are not supposed to exist and that's it. The force which causes humans to become shiki is at blame here, not Ozaki and not Sunako either. Seishin was selfish at the end, but it was understandable. Ozaki's actions were understandable, too. He did all the dirty work which no one had the guts to do, and for that I find him very brave and heroic. He's still a controversial being though, so its just my opinion. As for Sunako; "lonely and scared" define her well. I just feel so sad for her... I just hope she dies a painless death one day, that's all we can hope for.

It was a mastepiece imo. Grimdark and ruthless. 10/10
Nov 27, 2016 6:42 AM
Jun 2015
lol i found in my old mangas the last volume of Shiki and still remember how the was ranked in mal in the 6-10 ranking and after the 20episode it became ranked 200 !! Now it's 542 . If the did end with the death of muroi (dying like other shikis with a rod in their *** xd) it could be ranked like 100 or less after 6 other years ! :D
Mar 12, 2017 3:49 AM
Jan 2017
Personally, I am satisfied by the ending, because I wanted Sunako and Seishin to run away together.
Jun 28, 2020 3:37 AM

May 2010
I think I enjoyed anime more after all, with all these bright colors, fitting sountrack. The overall atmosphere worked for me better back there.

Nevertheless, it was nice ending to this series, I didn't even mind Sunako and Seishin getting away that much. I do see them as predators, but they're just trying to survive, can't blame them for that really. I just wish some of the characters got more screentime, like Tohru/Ritsuko or Akira. They were interesting and had some stories going on, I'm just disappointed they weren't developed, 'cause the potential was there. 8/10

I did love the character design and some of the drawings, especially the colored ones, at the beginning of each volume. Super stylish!
Feb 13, 2021 5:38 AM

Nov 2015
Great manga and anime.

But I always wondered about Seshin, why exactly did he go over to the Shiki's side? That remains the biggest mystery to me.
May 23, 2021 8:20 PM
Jul 2015
7.5/10

I thought most of the story was really good and engaging, but after Chizuru's death the rest of the manga was basically a continuous witch hunt against the shiki which I just didn't find very interesting at all..

Mar 8, 2023 12:27 AM

Dec 2022
Seishin is even cooler than this than he was in the anime. It didn't have a full fight with Tomio, or nearly as extensive epilogue for him and Sunako.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

» Where can I buy Shiki online?

Natsuno16 - May 25, 2019

5 by chronicvillainy »»
Oct 9, 2023 5:33 AM

Poll: » Shiki Chapter 30 Discussion

-Quasar - Oct 18, 2010

7 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 7, 2023 11:03 PM

» anime vs manga?

Neostorm-X - Jul 4, 2022

4 by JackDeaniels »»
Jan 15, 2023 6:05 PM

Poll: » Shiki Chapter 33 Discussion

-Quasar - Nov 10, 2010

16 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jun 24, 2020 2:47 PM

Poll: » Shiki Chapter 29 Discussion

-Quasar - Oct 18, 2010

5 by Kitsu-nee »»
Jun 15, 2020 3:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.