MyAnimeList.net

Episode Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Deadman Wonderland Episode 12 Discussion

Pages (6) « First ... « 2.6 3.6 [4.6] 5.6 »
Poll: Deadman Wonderland Episode 12 Discussion

12-06-11, 3:44 PM

Well overall it was quite entertaining but it felt quite rushed at the end, also I would have liked to seen more of the prison games and the 1v1 matches. Overall this deserver a 7/8 out of 10
Sheepshaman.png

12-08-11, 1:38 AM

I think this anime looks really interesting, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not it has a happy ending? D: Thank you in advance :)

12-25-11, 11:53 PM

It felt like parts of the season were cut and rushed, even if I haven't read the manga. It seemed like it suddenly sped up, I dunno. Either way I hope it's not one of those types of anime that leaves everyone on cliffhangers.

I'll just sit and wait for a second season to be confirmed.

I just really want to see the look on his face when he finds out who Red Man is. ^^

12-28-11, 3:44 AM

The anime itself didn't life up to my expectations. I loved the manga and hoped for a great adaption BUT they took out to many charakters and beside some epically animated scenens in the first episode the animation quallity never reached the higher mid class...
It's sad but the anime was a flop. The Blu-Rays don't sell in Japan and I guess that's why there is no Uncensored Blu-Ray version because they feared that they won't get enought money if the took the higher rating.

01-08-12, 7:56 AM

Oh Ganta, you ignorant child.

01-20-12, 4:18 PM

Lilah said:
I think this anime looks really interesting, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not it has a happy ending? D: Thank you in advance :)

There is no "end" yet. Not sure why, but it abruptly stopped at the end of the first arc. So of course there's no closing.

01-31-12, 6:34 PM

I liked it, but there were a lot of lose ends. And Ganta is so stupid he doesn't even realise who the hell Shiro is even though she is literally singing it to him. So:
1. Is he never going to find out?
2. Will he ever escape?
3. How will he answer to the questions asked to him?
4. Seriously, who the hell is Toto?
5. Where did his last amazing 'power' come from?

And so many more...
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes

02-02-12, 7:38 PM

even though the ending did leave questions i still loved it, and I will definately be reading the manga at some point (in that case i may even come to think diferently about this series... but either way, great, i just hope there is a second season at some point! Would love to see more from crow and mocking bird because quite frankly he just semt like a crazy ass dude, but also fucking bad-ass, the way he killed that lolita girl!

But yeah only annoying this was Ganta for me, I expected him to pull something good out the bag at the end, it was inevitable.. but that still did make up for his pathetic excuse for a main hero, other than that im rating this 8/10 just for him, and the unanswered questions! Love Shiro though, she was by far the best character for me :)

02-13-12, 7:07 AM

Has a second season for this been green-lit yet!? If there's not a sequel/second part to this I will be so upset. The ending was not at all satisfactory and left way too many questions unanswered.

03-07-12, 5:08 AM

This one is kinda boring... the fighting is just... boring...... the story is not really good... I hope it will get better in the next season :(

03-12-12, 5:30 PM
News Moderator
I'm definitely expecting a season 2 despite the sales revenue. The ending just seems too ambiguous :/

03-26-12, 9:58 AM

Hm I finished this whole anime in one day but I was expecting a plot somewhere where Ganta would be like: 'O_o Shiro why are you the Red Man' and Shiro goes like 'Yandere mode=on'

But alas...

At least Shiro did use her powers a little bit...

At the end it got really tiresome though Shiro purely playing some innocent kid that lost her mind..

Total anime: 6.5/10 ... first 6 episodes: 9/10, 7-9: 8, 10-11= 5 and the last episode was just dogshit.

Though I liked the part where Ganta learned how to use his bloody bullets better lulz

04-26-12, 7:45 PM

Didn't like it all too much, not much of it made any sense at all and they didn't show many of the cool characters. =(.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika

05-06-12, 4:26 PM

They simply have to make a second season. That just wasn't an ending! There wasn't even an outro or something!!!
And plus, I wanna see a twisted Mockingbird slicing his/her (still not sure about the gender) tthrough Deadman Wonderland ^^ not to speak about the unsolved mystery of Shiro and her grandpa.

And for the episode itself...
Man, this whole nagi-story really broke my heart... what a poor man :( hope he finds salvation in the afterlive.
But WTF was Ganta thinking when he told Nagi that he understood his pain? What does that little whimp know about having you child and your wife taken away from you?? Pathetic little weakling -.-

*Nagi-fangirlism*

05-09-12, 9:29 PM

There will be a second season, they didnt introduce all that shit at the last second just to have it go to waste.

05-20-12, 11:26 AM

i like the ED... shiny shiny... hope to hv 2nd season, nice story.... but i got the feeling that shiro will die in the end
Modified by kelvinchan, 05-20-12, 7:10 PM

05-20-12, 2:50 PM

Great anime... realy pretty good, nice ending tho i want more...

05-30-12, 10:11 AM

I've just finished this a couple minutes ago.

Anyway, I find it highly appealing that, amidst the darkness and perversion, there was hope, friendship, and self-sacrifice.

That said, the final episode ended with lots of questions unresolved. Gearing up for a second season??

Formerly Valkyrie_Wings

06-03-12, 4:03 AM

If there is no second (or addition seasons) this anime is shit.

Otherwise it could be passable. I didn't completely hate what little the series offered but once Senji had less screentime and basically most of the "We Must Escape" mini-arc the show lost its luster.

Karako...my girl, I liked her but she basically becoming Kenny from South Park. Nagi was kind of cool even in the very end but almost everything around him was terrible.

Ganta crying speeches got longer and more dragged out the further it got in, it was cool the first few episodes but wow enough already. The whole lets tip-toe tap dance around the whole Shiro=Red Man deal was a terrible thing to do if they're not gonna bother with another season considering Red Man was the main thing that set the series off in the first place.

06-03-12, 4:05 AM

Gen2K_ said:
If there is no second (or addition seasons) this anime is shit.

I don't see how a second season would suddenly make the first one better.

06-03-12, 7:41 PM

It's not suddenly make it better, but second season can actually expand on ideas and content of the first season and make a possible complete series. That's why I said it could be passable.

The way it is now it's just half-assed.

06-26-12, 10:31 AM

I'm definitely going to read the manga now!

07-09-12, 2:32 PM

So in the end he still doesn't know eh...?

Hope for a second season :)

8/10 overall.

07-16-12, 8:14 AM

any idea why the BD sales is so bad that it is unranked?
Mokyuu♥~!!

07-17-12, 11:31 PM

what an abrupt ending. there better be a second season

07-23-12, 11:55 AM

Great episode, although it seemed like a quick ending to the series.. There are a lot of loose ends, or at least a few major ones. 4/5
As for the series, it was a lot better than I expected. 7/10

08-05-12, 11:14 PM

I thought this was a terrific episode! Haven't been this entertained since the premiere!

It ended with a cliffhanger and had some loose ends, but how is that a negative? Hello?!! The story is still ongoing! It followed the manga too! What is up with people these days? If they tried to close off all loose ends with an anime original ending, people will complain it was a shitty manga adaption! If they wrapped up the season like how they did with Avatar: The Legend of Korra, folks would complain it felt too closed off and complete....i.e. you can't please everyone.

Overall? 9/10 for sure. I hope a season 2 gets the green light someday!

08-11-12, 10:02 PM

I enjoyed this show a lot, but seeing as a lot feels left out I will probably start reading the manga soon.

08-11-12, 10:21 PM

We'll definitely need a season too i mean i understand the cliffhanger because the manga is still on going but seriously this episode felt so rushed like how they rushed in the guitar undertakers past so we feel sorry for him.. that was un-needed in my opinion and ganta was still such a cry baby and it was really weird seeing shiro getting beat up since she's supposedly has been there longer than anybody and she's been super strong in past episodes Nagis and kariko love also felt rushed making me unable to feel bad for them 7/10

08-11-12, 10:35 PM

Pretty good ending; pretty gory; pretty awesome. Not a bad ending for an entertaining anime. Hoping diligently for a 2nd season.

The episode (especially the end) made me feel that Shiro killed his class; Ganta, saying that the song she sang at the end was the last thing he heard when his class was killed, her codename being wretched egg, and how she implied as to being the redman a few times throughout the anime. Still a bit more thinking to do, but it seems plausible to say the least; would be a great twist.

Oh, and I liked how Ganta, instead of running away, chose to stay and protect his friend(s). Really good show of character.

08-12-12, 2:41 AM

what a crap spot to end...needs a season two.

08-12-12, 7:56 PM

I knew the ending wouldn't be any "ending" at all. Hmm well, glad Ganta finally made up with Shiro, so I'm satisfied even if they didn't wrap anything up. There is a slight chance I will read the manga to see how it ends. But only if I feel like it...

08-15-12, 4:48 PM

8/10
This episode looked to me that it needed more work, they rushed everything so quickly and still there were unsolved answers. Too many sources says that a second season will be made so I guess it will be better to just read the manga.

The undertaker guru was death metal brutal! Pure badass.

08-15-12, 10:47 PM

That was an awful ending. What the crap.

08-28-12, 1:22 AM

Pheneks said:
Pretty good ending; pretty gory; pretty awesome. Not a bad ending for an entertaining anime. Hoping diligently for a 2nd season.

The episode (especially the end) made me feel that Shiro killed his class; Ganta, saying that the song she sang at the end was the last thing he heard when his class was killed, her codename being wretched egg, and how she implied as to being the redman a few times throughout the anime. Still a bit more thinking to do, but it seems plausible to say the least; would be a great twist.

Oh, and I liked how Ganta, instead of running away, chose to stay and protect his friend(s). Really good show of character.

09-08-12, 9:01 AM

10/10 overall

9/10 this episode cuz of weird ending..

09-08-12, 11:03 AM

They should second season becoz they left me confused if they dont make another season anime will be sketchy

09-19-12, 1:40 PM

IMO if they made a season 2 for this show, this would redeem it for the last 12 episodes. The main plot about killing the red man aka the wretched egg, comes up literally right after this episode. For those people who already read the manga, I sure hope you know what I mean.

09-22-12, 9:28 AM

And so it ended. Well, I have to say I really liked the show despite some really sick scenes. Also I would watch a second season for sure. In any case, it was a very enjoyable watch.

09-22-12, 9:37 AM

Dude has a hole in his. No spinal cord. And he somehow has the strength and the back to reach UP and grab the other dude.

Bull piss. The explosion tears a hole in the building and that other dude that was holding on didn't even get a scratch.

He even had the nerve to attempt to speak, and they let him. I couldn't be surprised if the hole in his body took out the bottom part of his lungs.

Screw this crap. Way to fake.

09-22-12, 10:58 AM

XeroCleaths said:
Dude has a hole in his. No spinal cord. And he somehow has the strength and the back to reach UP and grab the other dude.

Bull piss. The explosion tears a hole in the building and that other dude that was holding on didn't even get a scratch.

He even had the nerve to attempt to speak, and they let him. I couldn't be surprised if the hole in his body took out the bottom part of his lungs.

Screw this crap. Way to fake.

Since when is anime expected to be realistic?

10-02-12, 10:01 AM

Nice final episode, that super blast was totally epic, really great final battle though it ended VERY OPEN so I wonder if there ever will be a second season of this, as he still doesn't know who she really is and what will happen with the complex everything is possible!

Still great ending for this Anime 8/10

10-06-12, 2:37 PM

6/10
Not bad but Ganta annoys me. I want to read the manga.

Sign by Attena.

10-11-12, 2:45 PM

Not sure why this is scored rather low, but i fucking loved it. It was dam entertaining, but for me the last couple of episodes weren't as great, also Ganta is a bloody wimp :/

Felt rushed this did, here's hoping for a 2nd season!

DAT OP is beast!!

8/10

10-13-12, 5:17 PM

Ending wasn't so bad, I thought, that it will be totally mess up. But I think Ganta should die (skipping that there were about 20 situations, when he was dying or almost dying) I didn't like Ganta, he was really annoying me, but it was great, when he covered Shiro with his own body. And sometimes he was behaving very cool. I apologize for my all mistakes in writing, but I'm still learning English :)

10-23-12, 9:14 PM

Just finished it and I think that they rushed the ending. They should make a season 2! OP/ED songs are really good.

10-28-12, 9:08 PM

I liked the ending but it seem to leave a lot of loose ends. The ending left me a little confused,I hope they make a second season to clear everything up.

12-06-12, 6:33 PM

The series started off nicely.

From the fourth episode on it was already apparent to me that it lost focus.

By the 12th it's so ridiculous that I wasn't immersed remotely.

Honestly the selling points were the survival games and gore. For it to transition into relationship building and absurd plot twists; it wrecked itself.

12-08-12, 6:19 PM

they better make a second season that anime was good and i read some of the manga and i want the for the forgeries to come out

01-16-13, 2:15 PM

I just wish that they show much more of Wretched Egg! I LOVE HER! *_____*

Pages (6) « First ... « 2.6 3.6 [4.6] 5.6 »