Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jul 16, 2011 4:25 PM

Apr 2011
Just watched the last episode today and i thought it was really good! I'd say 8.

However there's just one thing that's bugging me so much! (well, besides the obvious unanswered questions they purposefully left to set up for season 2) So even though Karako and a few others escaped, isn't the poison still coursing through their veins? Or does it just like magically disappear when they leave the prison? This plot hole is going to bother me to no end unless they somehow fill it in the second season
Jul 18, 2011 8:59 AM

May 2009
meh average anime, such a let down after the first amazing episode. 6/10 for me. Way to much undevolpered characters just forced onto the viewers, I'm sure in the manga it was done better, but the whole show felt rushed and parts of it could have been explained alot better.

Plus ganta is a crybaby, needs to stop whining all the time.
Jul 18, 2011 11:44 AM
Oct 2009
BTW Does anyone know if there is a track for the Woodpecker song that Shiro sings ? Thanks in advance.
Jul 26, 2011 3:58 AM
Jun 2010
the fuck... is shiro the redman or something?
Jul 26, 2011 4:15 AM
Jun 2011
OtherGuyX said:

yeah she is the Wretched egg.
Jul 28, 2011 6:41 AM

Jun 2011
this episode was great but I want to know whats going to happen with ganta en the red man
Aug 3, 2011 2:11 PM

Aug 2008
I'm glad the priest died. Can't say the same for poor Nagi though.
And yay Karako and a few others managed to escape. :3
Aug 9, 2011 12:35 AM

Dec 2008
There needs to be a second season. No really, because otherwise this was just a WTF ending for me. It was like driving down the road, and we speed up and get closer and closer to our destination through winding roads and such, only to suddenly just "be there".

"But, how did he know that song... I wonder." Has got to be the most retarded ending sentence from one of the most retarded lead characters I've ever seen. I know he's been in the crazy house for awhile but he should still be able to put two and two together. And I mean just what the heck was that crap where Shiro was all badass and then suddenly Ganta gets all badass and then the two are suddenly all badass and then bam.

So many unanswered questions, there better be a second season else this has got to be one of the worst endings in anime history.
Aug 9, 2011 10:49 PM

Jun 2011
Just finished watching the whole thing and the only character I found interesting was Crow.
Aug 21, 2011 10:16 PM
Aug 2011
Praying for a season two for the anime....finished it tonight....it was 10/10 for me...up until the last ten minutes or so.

Such a dull buzzkill cliffhanger. I know it ended in the middle of the manga, thus why it ended the way it did....but I am not satisfied. I need more. I need closure. I need it to...you know.....end.
Sep 2, 2011 4:29 PM
May 2008
This whole anime started out really good, then became...boring. About halfway I was thinking, I saw this kind of plot somewhere...and I realized: Needless. Human experiments, Tokyo got eradicated, a game where people with superpower fight against each other... Well, for me, too many similarities. I really enjoyed the first 4-6 episodes, but the overall score from me is 5/10.
Sep 23, 2011 7:11 PM
May 2010
OtherGuyX said:

lol? this was hinted at on the 5th episode then validated on the seventh.
Sep 28, 2011 9:00 AM
May 2011
Started out great, then became a bit boring...
Oct 11, 2011 7:53 AM

Oct 2009
Why'd they kill dat loli?! D:
She was awesome with her badass sword
Oct 23, 2011 11:45 AM

Oct 2009
Can definitely use the season 2 treatment, it ended too randomly.
There hasn't been much epic animes out recently, so this was a good change :).
Oct 25, 2011 10:26 AM

Jun 2011
The priest finally died. I don't hate that guy as much as I hate Ganta and the Promoter but I'm just glad he died before this series ended.

Mockingbird apparently can copy any Deadman's attack as long as he "taste" their blood, like what he did to Crow.

And how dense is Ganta? If there will be a 2nd season of this anime, I just can hope that Ganta's not as pathetic as he was in this season.

Overall, it was quite an enjoyable anime~
Nov 7, 2011 2:13 PM

Jan 2010
Trigun1127 said:
OtherGuyX said:

lol? this was hinted at on the 5th episode then validated on the seventh.

Nop, she is the Wrenched egg but she's not the Red man. Cause in 3rd episode or something like that, when Ted man escaped from G sector, Ganta used his power to protect her when Red man was attacking ,if I'm not mistaken.
"If it's your wish, I will follow you everywhere, Even if your throne crumbles, And your shiny crown turns to rust, Even if the bodies pile up endlessly, Above the bottomless pile corpses, Beside you as you lie softly down, I will be.....Until i hear the words "check Mate." ♥
Dec 4, 2011 7:46 PM

Mar 2010
Alright then. So i'm just going to expect a second season. Because, that ending didn't really leave me anywhere. In this seasons case, 7/10 would be the most appropriate. ''Deadman Wonderland'' completed! Hopefully another season will leave me with a sense of what's really going on.
Dec 6, 2011 3:44 PM

Feb 2010
Well overall it was quite entertaining but it felt quite rushed at the end, also I would have liked to seen more of the prison games and the 1v1 matches. Overall this deserver a 7/8 out of 10
Sheepshaman.png
Dec 8, 2011 1:38 AM
Nov 2009
I think this anime looks really interesting, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not it has a happy ending? D: Thank you in advance :)
Dec 25, 2011 11:53 PM

Oct 2011
It felt like parts of the season were cut and rushed, even if I haven't read the manga. It seemed like it suddenly sped up, I dunno. Either way I hope it's not one of those types of anime that leaves everyone on cliffhangers.

I'll just sit and wait for a second season to be confirmed.

I just really want to see the look on his face when he finds out who Red Man is. ^^

Dec 28, 2011 3:44 AM

Nov 2007
The anime itself didn't life up to my expectations. I loved the manga and hoped for a great adaption BUT they took out to many charakters and beside some epically animated scenens in the first episode the animation quallity never reached the higher mid class...
It's sad but the anime was a flop. The Blu-Rays don't sell in Japan and I guess that's why there is no Uncensored Blu-Ray version because they feared that they won't get enought money if the took the higher rating.
Jan 20, 2012 4:18 PM

Nov 2009
Lilah said:
I think this anime looks really interesting, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not it has a happy ending? D: Thank you in advance :)

There is no "end" yet. Not sure why, but it abruptly stopped at the end of the first arc. So of course there's no closing.
Fear is the mind killer.
Jan 31, 2012 6:34 PM

Sep 2010
I liked it, but there were a lot of lose ends. And Ganta is so stupid he doesn't even realise who the hell Shiro is even though she is literally singing it to him. So:
1. Is he never going to find out?
2. Will he ever escape?
3. How will he answer to the questions asked to him?
4. Seriously, who the hell is Toto?
5. Where did his last amazing 'power' come from?

And so many more...
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Feb 2, 2012 7:38 PM

Jan 2012
even though the ending did leave questions i still loved it, and I will definately be reading the manga at some point (in that case i may even come to think diferently about this series... but either way, great, i just hope there is a second season at some point! Would love to see more from crow and mocking bird because quite frankly he just semt like a crazy ass dude, but also fucking bad-ass, the way he killed that lolita girl!

But yeah only annoying this was Ganta for me, I expected him to pull something good out the bag at the end, it was inevitable.. but that still did make up for his pathetic excuse for a main hero, other than that im rating this 8/10 just for him, and the unanswered questions! Love Shiro though, she was by far the best character for me :)
Feb 13, 2012 7:07 AM

Sep 2009
Has a second season for this been green-lit yet!? If there's not a sequel/second part to this I will be so upset. The ending was not at all satisfactory and left way too many questions unanswered.
Mar 7, 2012 5:08 AM

Apr 2011
This one is kinda boring... the fighting is just... boring...... the story is not really good... I hope it will get better in the next season :(
Mar 12, 2012 5:30 PM

Nov 2011
I'm definitely expecting a season 2 despite the sales revenue. The ending just seems too ambiguous :/
Mar 26, 2012 9:58 AM

Mar 2008
Hm I finished this whole anime in one day but I was expecting a plot somewhere where Ganta would be like: 'O_o Shiro why are you the Red Man' and Shiro goes like 'Yandere mode=on'

But alas...

At least Shiro did use her powers a little bit...

At the end it got really tiresome though Shiro purely playing some innocent kid that lost her mind..

Total anime: 6.5/10 ... first 6 episodes: 9/10, 7-9: 8, 10-11= 5 and the last episode was just dogshit.

Though I liked the part where Ganta learned how to use his bloody bullets better lulz
Apr 26, 2012 7:45 PM

Nov 2011
Didn't like it all too much, not much of it made any sense at all and they didn't show many of the cool characters. =(.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
May 6, 2012 4:26 PM

Jan 2012
They simply have to make a second season. That just wasn't an ending! There wasn't even an outro or something!!!
And plus, I wanna see a twisted Mockingbird slicing his/her (still not sure about the gender) tthrough Deadman Wonderland ^^ not to speak about the unsolved mystery of Shiro and her grandpa.

And for the episode itself...
Man, this whole nagi-story really broke my heart... what a poor man :( hope he finds salvation in the afterlive.
But WTF was Ganta thinking when he told Nagi that he understood his pain? What does that little whimp know about having you child and your wife taken away from you?? Pathetic little weakling -.-

*Nagi-fangirlism*
May 9, 2012 9:29 PM
Apr 2012
There will be a second season, they didnt introduce all that shit at the last second just to have it go to waste.
May 20, 2012 11:26 AM
May 2011
i like the ED... shiny shiny... hope to hv 2nd season, nice story.... but i got the feeling that shiro will die in the end
kelvinchanMay 20, 2012 7:10 PM
May 20, 2012 2:50 PM

Mar 2012
Great anime... realy pretty good, nice ending tho i want more...
May 30, 2012 10:11 AM

Jul 2010
I've just finished this a couple minutes ago.

Anyway, I find it highly appealing that, amidst the darkness and perversion, there was hope, friendship, and self-sacrifice.

That said, the final episode ended with lots of questions unresolved. Gearing up for a second season??
Jun 3, 2012 4:03 AM
Jul 2011
If there is no second (or addition seasons) this anime is shit.

Otherwise it could be passable. I didn't completely hate what little the series offered but once Senji had less screentime and basically most of the "We Must Escape" mini-arc the show lost its luster.

Karako...my girl, I liked her but she basically becoming Kenny from South Park. Nagi was kind of cool even in the very end but almost everything around him was terrible.

Ganta crying speeches got longer and more dragged out the further it got in, it was cool the first few episodes but wow enough already. The whole lets tip-toe tap dance around the whole Shiro=Red Man deal was a terrible thing to do if they're not gonna bother with another season considering Red Man was the main thing that set the series off in the first place.
Jun 3, 2012 4:05 AM

Aug 2011
Gen2K_ said:
If there is no second (or addition seasons) this anime is shit.

I don't see how a second season would suddenly make the first one better.
Jun 3, 2012 7:41 PM
Jul 2011
It's not suddenly make it better, but second season can actually expand on ideas and content of the first season and make a possible complete series. That's why I said it could be passable.

The way it is now it's just half-assed.
Jun 26, 2012 10:31 AM

Apr 2012
I'm definitely going to read the manga now!
Jul 9, 2012 2:32 PM

Feb 2012
So in the end he still doesn't know eh...?

Hope for a second season :)

8/10 overall.
Jul 16, 2012 8:14 AM

Mar 2009
any idea why the BD sales is so bad that it is unranked?
Mokyuu♥~!!

Jul 17, 2012 11:31 PM
Jun 2012
what an abrupt ending. there better be a second season
Jul 23, 2012 11:55 AM

Jun 2012
Great episode, although it seemed like a quick ending to the series.. There are a lot of loose ends, or at least a few major ones. 4/5
As for the series, it was a lot better than I expected. 7/10

Aug 5, 2012 11:14 PM

Jul 2012
I thought this was a terrific episode! Haven't been this entertained since the premiere!

It ended with a cliffhanger and had some loose ends, but how is that a negative? Hello?!! The story is still ongoing! It followed the manga too! What is up with people these days? If they tried to close off all loose ends with an anime original ending, people will complain it was a shitty manga adaption! If they wrapped up the season like how they did with Avatar: The Legend of Korra, folks would complain it felt too closed off and complete....i.e. you can't please everyone.

Overall? 9/10 for sure. I hope a season 2 gets the green light someday!
Aug 11, 2012 10:02 PM

Sep 2010
I enjoyed this show a lot, but seeing as a lot feels left out I will probably start reading the manga soon.
Aug 11, 2012 10:21 PM

Jul 2011
We'll definitely need a season too i mean i understand the cliffhanger because the manga is still on going but seriously this episode felt so rushed like how they rushed in the guitar undertakers past so we feel sorry for him.. that was un-needed in my opinion and ganta was still such a cry baby and it was really weird seeing shiro getting beat up since she's supposedly has been there longer than anybody and she's been super strong in past episodes Nagis and kariko love also felt rushed making me unable to feel bad for them 7/10
Aug 11, 2012 10:35 PM

Jun 2012
Pretty good ending; pretty gory; pretty awesome. Not a bad ending for an entertaining anime. Hoping diligently for a 2nd season.

The episode (especially the end) made me feel that Shiro killed his class; Ganta, saying that the song she sang at the end was the last thing he heard when his class was killed, her codename being wretched egg, and how she implied as to being the redman a few times throughout the anime. Still a bit more thinking to do, but it seems plausible to say the least; would be a great twist.

Oh, and I liked how Ganta, instead of running away, chose to stay and protect his friend(s). Really good show of character.
Aug 12, 2012 2:41 AM

Jul 2008
what a crap spot to end...needs a season two.
Aug 12, 2012 7:56 PM
Aug 2008
I knew the ending wouldn't be any "ending" at all. Hmm well, glad Ganta finally made up with Shiro, so I'm satisfied even if they didn't wrap anything up. There is a slight chance I will read the manga to see how it ends. But only if I feel like it...
Aug 15, 2012 4:48 PM

Jan 2012
8/10
This episode looked to me that it needed more work, they rushed everything so quickly and still there were unsolved answers. Too many sources says that a second season will be made so I guess it will be better to just read the manga.

The undertaker guru was death metal brutal! Pure badass.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

viral_hun - May 21, 2011

234 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 14, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

13man18 - Jun 25, 2011

161 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 5:05 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

banisherx - Jun 18, 2011

190 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mystik - Jun 11, 2011

140 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 3:56 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Lightyear8684 - Jun 4, 2011

130 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.