Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 7, 2011 10:49 PM

Jun 2009
this was at the top of the season for me with steins gate and ano hana but after this episode its not, wish it had more episodes, will have to wait for the next season of it
Jul 8, 2011 3:46 AM

Sep 2008
I don't know how they did it, but they didn't screw up the ending. In fact, that was a great ending. Unbelievable.

Now I can't bring myself to give this a 4/10 like I was planning to.

Will definitely watch a second season if one ever comes out.
Jul 8, 2011 4:01 AM

Oct 2009
Hopefully they make it more action packed if they make a season 2...I mean this started out really good! but then it was all talk and talk and talk and action was like 1min and thats it... :\
Jul 8, 2011 4:11 AM
Jan 2008
I'm deeply disappointed with this anime. I had to force myself to watch it until the end. Everything feels so stretched, at the beginning we saw a guy who died in mere seconds because he didn't eat the candy, and ganta didn't die even after 10 minutes... And with anemia he was shooting his blood like he had infinite supply of it, i just can't stand things like these.
Jul 8, 2011 2:36 PM

May 2009
Sooo fucking epic. People getting massacred everywhere the fucked up back story of the Priest, and mockingbird dismembering a 8 yr old girl. It doesn't get much better than that, I really hope there's a second season :D.
Jul 8, 2011 3:44 PM

Aug 2010
I'm surprised, the ending wasn't that bad. Still so many unanswered questions though.
Looking forward to a second season.
Jul 9, 2011 2:51 AM

Jun 2009
Damn this show sucked.

The premise, while being somewhat original, was poorly executed and just ridiculous.

Paku Romi and Suwabe Junichi as Ganta/Tamaki were annoying as hell, though this is mainly due to the fact that the script didn't allow for a decent performance because those characters were horrible. I mention them in particular but in fact all of the characters sucked. Except for Crow, he was at least pretty cool.

There were many other things wrong with this show, but I won't bother mentioning them. The second half was slightly better than the first.

As for this final episode I guess it was kinda okay. They obviously went for the "leave things open for a second season" ending. Let's see if they get another season (I won't watch it, that's for certain).

Best part about the show was the opening which was badass. But when the opening is the best thing, that's pretty damn sad.

Overall 5/10. It was just genuinely bad and should actually get a 4 at best. But I can't deny that it was somewhat entertaining. At least I never thought "this is so boring, I wanna stop watching right now".

novurdim said:
i dunno, i just loled so much at this moment

i love that soldier.

lol that guy standing back there immediately caught my eye, too. I giggled at that scene.
grandy_UiDJul 9, 2011 3:03 AM
Jul 9, 2011 9:30 AM
Jul 2011
Lol, i know people has very different likes but for me, personally i think this was an awesome anime.
Not counting how awesome the manga is.

Besides that, i've read how a lot of people complains about Ganta's lame personality, but i bet that if this kind of things really happened to someone, they would act as lame or even worst than he did.
iMatukJul 9, 2011 1:13 PM
Jul 11, 2011 7:11 AM

Jul 2009
I was really disappointed how this ended. DW manga is absolutely perfect, but this anime just couldn't follow it. :(
Jul 11, 2011 2:47 PM

Sep 2008
wow this was a total letdown. Was expecting something good from this but heck, disapointment. The story sucks, it's full of plotholes, the dialogue sucks, the bad guys are obvious and idiotic.

If people don't know who the red man is after the first episode in this series, you should have your brain checked. It's so obvious and idiotic. Not sure if I ever read deadman wonderland now, probably not.
MephzJul 11, 2011 2:55 PM
Jul 12, 2011 3:21 AM

Feb 2010
Mephz said:
wow this was a total letdown. Was expecting something good from this but heck, disapointment. The story sucks, it's full of plotholes, the dialogue sucks, the bad guys are obvious and idiotic.

If people don't know who the red man is after the first episode in this series, you should have your brain checked. It's so obvious and idiotic. Not sure if I ever read deadman wonderland now, probably not.

Where are the full of plotholes? you genius.

and it wasnt obvious in the first episode.
Jul 12, 2011 5:11 AM

Aug 2009
I do not pity Genkaku. I feel pity for the cat. Geez. Shit. Nagi didn't have a better fight. He did snapped out of his stupidness but died early. GAWD. I was hoping for him to kill Genkaku. Mockingbird and Crow has the same Branches of Sin??

I hope it has Second Season.

7/10

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Jul 13, 2011 10:44 AM

Sep 2009
Ok, there's one thing I"m completely confused about. In the end a group of people escape. What was the point?! They still have the things around their neck, and now that they're not in Deadman Wonderland they won't have the candy... I don't get it....
Jul 13, 2011 12:02 PM
Jul 2009
This series was really terrible. I gave it 3/10.
Jul 13, 2011 5:16 PM

Dec 2010
Having read the manga, I feel confident that there will be a second season (wouldn't make much sense to not have one given the ending the first season got). I can't wait for it.

This is a signature, You are a reader of this signature reading that the signature is telling you that you are a person reading the signature telling you that the person who made this signature wanted you to know that you read that this signature is being read by the person who is reading the signature telling them all about the signature being read by you
Jul 13, 2011 10:50 PM

Oct 2010
Deadman Wonderland ended nicely considering everything.

Episode 12 leaves off at a nice place to start a 2nd season, but half of me is hoping that they don't. They might ruin it..... -.-

7.5/10
Jul 14, 2011 2:22 AM
Jul 2011
Could have been worse. It was an enjoyable anime even if it wasn't a great one. I will watch S2 if it gets released.

As for rating, since I like Shiro, the OP, ED and OST's, I will boost it from a 6 to an 8.
Jul 14, 2011 3:36 AM
Nov 2010
Great anime, I hope they pick off from where they stopped here very soon again...
To manga readers: is it still possible to continue this and get to the same track as the manga?
To whoever knows: any ideas how Deadman Wonderland passed with the profits? Is it good enough?
Jul 14, 2011 9:35 AM
Jul 2011
Tomislavr7 said:
Great anime, I hope they pick off from where they stopped here very soon again...
To manga readers: is it still possible to continue this and get to the same track as the manga?
To whoever knows: any ideas how Deadman Wonderland passed with the profits? Is it good enough?

Yes it is still posible to follow the same track as the manga.
I heard they didnt go that well for the first vol of the BDs ._.
Jul 15, 2011 12:03 AM

Feb 2010
with obvious signs of change to the Ganta Gun, and other unanswered questions :D..
i really want a season 2 ><
Jul 16, 2011 4:25 PM

Apr 2011
Just watched the last episode today and i thought it was really good! I'd say 8.

However there's just one thing that's bugging me so much! (well, besides the obvious unanswered questions they purposefully left to set up for season 2) So even though Karako and a few others escaped, isn't the poison still coursing through their veins? Or does it just like magically disappear when they leave the prison? This plot hole is going to bother me to no end unless they somehow fill it in the second season
Jul 18, 2011 8:59 AM

May 2009
meh average anime, such a let down after the first amazing episode. 6/10 for me. Way to much undevolpered characters just forced onto the viewers, I'm sure in the manga it was done better, but the whole show felt rushed and parts of it could have been explained alot better.

Plus ganta is a crybaby, needs to stop whining all the time.
Jul 18, 2011 11:44 AM
Oct 2009
BTW Does anyone know if there is a track for the Woodpecker song that Shiro sings ? Thanks in advance.
Jul 26, 2011 3:58 AM
Jun 2010
the fuck... is shiro the redman or something?
Jul 26, 2011 4:15 AM
Jun 2011
OtherGuyX said:

yeah she is the Wretched egg.
Jul 28, 2011 6:41 AM

Jun 2011
this episode was great but I want to know whats going to happen with ganta en the red man
Aug 3, 2011 2:11 PM

Aug 2008
I'm glad the priest died. Can't say the same for poor Nagi though.
And yay Karako and a few others managed to escape. :3
Aug 9, 2011 12:35 AM

Dec 2008
There needs to be a second season. No really, because otherwise this was just a WTF ending for me. It was like driving down the road, and we speed up and get closer and closer to our destination through winding roads and such, only to suddenly just "be there".

"But, how did he know that song... I wonder." Has got to be the most retarded ending sentence from one of the most retarded lead characters I've ever seen. I know he's been in the crazy house for awhile but he should still be able to put two and two together. And I mean just what the heck was that crap where Shiro was all badass and then suddenly Ganta gets all badass and then the two are suddenly all badass and then bam.

So many unanswered questions, there better be a second season else this has got to be one of the worst endings in anime history.
Aug 9, 2011 10:49 PM

Jun 2011
Just finished watching the whole thing and the only character I found interesting was Crow.
Aug 21, 2011 10:16 PM
Aug 2011
Praying for a season two for the anime....finished it tonight....it was 10/10 for me...up until the last ten minutes or so.

Such a dull buzzkill cliffhanger. I know it ended in the middle of the manga, thus why it ended the way it did....but I am not satisfied. I need more. I need closure. I need it to...you know.....end.
Sep 2, 2011 4:29 PM
May 2008
This whole anime started out really good, then became...boring. About halfway I was thinking, I saw this kind of plot somewhere...and I realized: Needless. Human experiments, Tokyo got eradicated, a game where people with superpower fight against each other... Well, for me, too many similarities. I really enjoyed the first 4-6 episodes, but the overall score from me is 5/10.
Sep 23, 2011 7:11 PM
May 2010
OtherGuyX said:

lol? this was hinted at on the 5th episode then validated on the seventh.
Sep 28, 2011 9:00 AM
May 2011
Started out great, then became a bit boring...
Oct 11, 2011 7:53 AM

Oct 2009
Why'd they kill dat loli?! D:
She was awesome with her badass sword
Oct 23, 2011 11:45 AM

Oct 2009
Can definitely use the season 2 treatment, it ended too randomly.
There hasn't been much epic animes out recently, so this was a good change :).
Oct 25, 2011 10:26 AM

Jun 2011
The priest finally died. I don't hate that guy as much as I hate Ganta and the Promoter but I'm just glad he died before this series ended.

Mockingbird apparently can copy any Deadman's attack as long as he "taste" their blood, like what he did to Crow.

And how dense is Ganta? If there will be a 2nd season of this anime, I just can hope that Ganta's not as pathetic as he was in this season.

Overall, it was quite an enjoyable anime~
Nov 7, 2011 2:13 PM

Jan 2010
Trigun1127 said:
OtherGuyX said:

lol? this was hinted at on the 5th episode then validated on the seventh.

Nop, she is the Wrenched egg but she's not the Red man. Cause in 3rd episode or something like that, when Ted man escaped from G sector, Ganta used his power to protect her when Red man was attacking ,if I'm not mistaken.
"If it's your wish, I will follow you everywhere, Even if your throne crumbles, And your shiny crown turns to rust, Even if the bodies pile up endlessly, Above the bottomless pile corpses, Beside you as you lie softly down, I will be.....Until i hear the words "check Mate." ♥
Dec 4, 2011 7:46 PM

Mar 2010
Alright then. So i'm just going to expect a second season. Because, that ending didn't really leave me anywhere. In this seasons case, 7/10 would be the most appropriate. ''Deadman Wonderland'' completed! Hopefully another season will leave me with a sense of what's really going on.
Dec 6, 2011 3:44 PM

Feb 2010
Well overall it was quite entertaining but it felt quite rushed at the end, also I would have liked to seen more of the prison games and the 1v1 matches. Overall this deserver a 7/8 out of 10
Sheepshaman.png
Dec 8, 2011 1:38 AM
Nov 2009
I think this anime looks really interesting, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not it has a happy ending? D: Thank you in advance :)
Dec 25, 2011 11:53 PM

Oct 2011
It felt like parts of the season were cut and rushed, even if I haven't read the manga. It seemed like it suddenly sped up, I dunno. Either way I hope it's not one of those types of anime that leaves everyone on cliffhangers.

I'll just sit and wait for a second season to be confirmed.

I just really want to see the look on his face when he finds out who Red Man is. ^^

Dec 28, 2011 3:44 AM

Nov 2007
The anime itself didn't life up to my expectations. I loved the manga and hoped for a great adaption BUT they took out to many charakters and beside some epically animated scenens in the first episode the animation quallity never reached the higher mid class...
It's sad but the anime was a flop. The Blu-Rays don't sell in Japan and I guess that's why there is no Uncensored Blu-Ray version because they feared that they won't get enought money if the took the higher rating.
Jan 20, 2012 4:18 PM

Nov 2009
Lilah said:
I think this anime looks really interesting, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not it has a happy ending? D: Thank you in advance :)

There is no "end" yet. Not sure why, but it abruptly stopped at the end of the first arc. So of course there's no closing.
Fear is the mind killer.
Jan 31, 2012 6:34 PM

Sep 2010
I liked it, but there were a lot of lose ends. And Ganta is so stupid he doesn't even realise who the hell Shiro is even though she is literally singing it to him. So:
1. Is he never going to find out?
2. Will he ever escape?
3. How will he answer to the questions asked to him?
4. Seriously, who the hell is Toto?
5. Where did his last amazing 'power' come from?

And so many more...
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Feb 2, 2012 7:38 PM

Jan 2012
even though the ending did leave questions i still loved it, and I will definately be reading the manga at some point (in that case i may even come to think diferently about this series... but either way, great, i just hope there is a second season at some point! Would love to see more from crow and mocking bird because quite frankly he just semt like a crazy ass dude, but also fucking bad-ass, the way he killed that lolita girl!

But yeah only annoying this was Ganta for me, I expected him to pull something good out the bag at the end, it was inevitable.. but that still did make up for his pathetic excuse for a main hero, other than that im rating this 8/10 just for him, and the unanswered questions! Love Shiro though, she was by far the best character for me :)
Feb 13, 2012 7:07 AM

Sep 2009
Has a second season for this been green-lit yet!? If there's not a sequel/second part to this I will be so upset. The ending was not at all satisfactory and left way too many questions unanswered.
Mar 7, 2012 5:08 AM

Apr 2011
This one is kinda boring... the fighting is just... boring...... the story is not really good... I hope it will get better in the next season :(
Mar 12, 2012 5:30 PM

Nov 2011
I'm definitely expecting a season 2 despite the sales revenue. The ending just seems too ambiguous :/
Mar 26, 2012 9:58 AM

Mar 2008
Hm I finished this whole anime in one day but I was expecting a plot somewhere where Ganta would be like: 'O_o Shiro why are you the Red Man' and Shiro goes like 'Yandere mode=on'

But alas...

At least Shiro did use her powers a little bit...

At the end it got really tiresome though Shiro purely playing some innocent kid that lost her mind..

Total anime: 6.5/10 ... first 6 episodes: 9/10, 7-9: 8, 10-11= 5 and the last episode was just dogshit.

Though I liked the part where Ganta learned how to use his bloody bullets better lulz
Apr 26, 2012 7:45 PM

Nov 2011
Didn't like it all too much, not much of it made any sense at all and they didn't show many of the cool characters. =(.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

viral_hun - May 21, 2011

234 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 14, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

13man18 - Jun 25, 2011

161 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 5:05 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

banisherx - Jun 18, 2011

190 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mystik - Jun 11, 2011

140 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 3:56 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Lightyear8684 - Jun 4, 2011

130 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.