Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 2, 2011 3:03 PM

Nov 2010
*sees english titles of Asobi ni ikuyo and B gata*

*facepalms*

glad to see them coming, but those NAMES D:
Jul 2, 2011 3:15 PM
Jun 2009
o7 RIP for those shows will never exist as good as they were originally after funi rapes them. Gonna go by the blu-rays from japan and rip and sub them at least then it will be watchable >.>
Jul 2, 2011 3:25 PM

Dec 2007
ROOMA4HELL said:
o7 RIP for those shows will never exist as good as they were originally after funi rapes them. Gonna go by the blu-rays from japan and rip and sub them at least then it will be watchable >.>

FUNi =/= 4Kids, dude.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2011 4:51 PM

Nov 2007
Cat Planet Cuties
ಠ_ಠ
Who the fuck decides on these names?
Jul 2, 2011 4:59 PM

Nov 2006
could they stop renaming series to retarded things? just leave the titles the way they are, and if you don't think the series'll sell because of that, DON'T FUCKING LICENSE IT.
Jul 2, 2011 4:59 PM

Jan 2011
XJC said:
Cat Planet Cuties
ಠ_ಠ
Who the fuck decides on these names?

Quoted for fucking Truth.....

Like what the fuck?

Lets go play would have sounded better than that raunchy ass x rated name....

Then again, this IS the same distributor who made Sekirei look like a fucking joke with that "boobies for the win" motto

SMFH at funimation sometimes
Jul 2, 2011 5:01 PM

Nov 2006
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Then again, this IS the same distributor who made Sekirei look like a fucking joke with that "boobies for the win" motto
WHAT? PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE KIDDING ME. i can't even handle this.
Jul 2, 2011 5:04 PM

Oct 2009
"Cat Planet Cuties" wat

B Gata H Kei getting licensed is pretty random though, I didn't think anyone would even touch it. But I'm glad they did, it's a good show. At least they still left in the title of the show and didn't completely replace it to something retarded.

C wasn't all that great, and Deadman Wonderland is pretty generic shounen, but they might sell well.

Really glad to see Steins;Gate though.
Jul 2, 2011 5:08 PM
Apr 2010
So much B****ing,LOL
Jul 2, 2011 5:10 PM

Mar 2009
Adding 'Yamada's First Time' to the title sounds silly.
Jul 2, 2011 5:59 PM
May 2010
All those series were good contrary to what all these haters say who couldnt understand the plots and meanings and just the down right awesomeness of the shows(except for B Gata H kei)
Jul 2, 2011 6:54 PM

Jan 2011
windy said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:

http://blog.funimation.com/2010/12/boobies-for-the-win-sekirei-sells-out-at-distributor-level/

And the GOD AWFUL trailer that was overkill..Thank GOD I watch my anime subbed first, otherwise, this trailer would have turned me off from such a great series
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmIkexur0iU

There needs to be an official rule that Funimation NEVER touches ecchi, cause they NEVER do it right....let Sentai Filmworks take care of it
Jul 2, 2011 7:34 PM

Jul 2009
lol the asobi ni iku yo title is fail...and the b gata h kei one...OMG!!!!

B Gata H Kei spoiler:

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags.
LunaMay 6, 2013 1:18 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2011 8:30 PM

Apr 2010
I'd love to see them pull off the last two.

And how does Asobi ni Iku Yo! translate into Cat Planet Cuties? Lol are you fucking kidding me? I'm pretty sure it means "we've come to play" or something along those lines.

I'm surprised they actually managed to acquire Steins;Gate.

I'm also surprised they bothered with B Gata H Kei. Didn't get show get a lot of hate mail and death threats to the director for being an insult to women or something?

Jul 3, 2011 1:12 AM

Aug 2007
I'm glad for Baka Test, but I'm still dying for HWS release dates. ;u; one day...
Jul 3, 2011 3:12 AM

Nov 2006
Tenchi_Ryu said:
windy said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:

http://blog.funimation.com/2010/12/boobies-for-the-win-sekirei-sells-out-at-distributor-level/

And the GOD AWFUL trailer that was overkill..Thank GOD I watch my anime subbed first, otherwise, this trailer would have turned me off from such a great series
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmIkexur0iU

There needs to be an official rule that Funimation NEVER touches ecchi, cause they NEVER do it right....let Sentai Filmworks take care of it
loooool they even put it on an image
so awful
Jul 3, 2011 3:13 AM

Nov 2008
kindergraph said:
wow, funimation! if your marketing plan was to drive away the casual consumers who would be too ashamed (and rightfully so) to be seen with a copy of CAT PLANET CUTIES then consider it a runaway fucking success.

jesus, why hasn't this dinosaur of a company crashed and burned in a fire reeking of the fecal stench of its own miserable failure yet
Because they hold all of the Dragon Ball anime licenses. That means they can cover their losses. Also, let's not forget who licensed Baccano and Samurai Champloo, shall we?

As for all of those who are saying "Why haven't they licensed Yojouhan/Tatami yet", it's because Funimation would have to dub it. You can imagine how many hours they would have to take dubbing that, meaning that the wages they would have to pay their VAs will be higher than normal due to the increased amount of time it would take to dub it compared to a normal series. It would only be worth it if they were guaranteed to make a profit, but Yojouhan is pretty "out there", so they can't be.

In other words, if anyone's going to pick Yojouhan up, it will probably a company with a subs-only policy like Noizomi/Right Stuf
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Jul 3, 2011 4:20 AM
Nov 2009
I might well say "Why aren't they licensing the older animes?". Cough.

And Cat Planet Cuties is the funniest thing I have heard today.
Jul 3, 2011 7:55 AM

Aug 2009
They picked none of the things I love this season... Oh well, Hanasaku and Anohana both seem more like Bandai titles anyway.
Jul 3, 2011 11:07 AM
Jan 2011
This is gonna take a long time for funi to dub a lot of these series. Baka and Test season 1 was licensed a long time ago and cam out just recently dubbed.
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Jul 3, 2011 10:51 PM

Aug 2009
Dammit. Thanks for making it even harder for me to watch the second season of Baka to Test, Funi.

But they got merchandising rights. Does this mean I can get my Hideyoshi figures even easier, now?
Jul 6, 2011 9:26 AM
Nov 2008
The weeaboos responding to this thread have forgotten that FUNimation is selling their product to an English audience.

No one will know what the hell 'B Gata H Kei' and 'Asobi ni Iku yo!' are when they see them in their local BR/DVD store. They're not recognisable titles, and they certainly don't roll off the tongue. It should be noted that 'B Gata H Kei' doesn't translate into English very well, so 'Yamada's First Time' actually works very well.

windy said:
could they stop renaming series to retarded things? just leave the titles the way they are, and if you don't think the series'll sell because of that, DON'T FUCKING LICENSE IT.

IIRC, fansubbers have been renaming anime to 'retarded things' for years now, yet no one seems to be complain then. Then again, FUNimation isn't exactly 'renaming' the series, they're just taking on an extremely relevant subtitle to make it more morketable. If you're at the point where the prospect of bringing in more fans is outweighed by the fact that some English words have been added onto the series title bothers you to the degree is obviously does here, you probably need to go and do something else for a bit.

Tenchi_Ryu said:
d:

That's called a 'slogan', not a motto. It's only used for advertising purpose, it's not actually a part of the series title nor the packaging.

Besides, you're acting like Sekirei didn't totally emphasise the breasts in the original Japanese advertising. Are you that ignorant?
Jul 7, 2011 1:37 AM

Jan 2011
I have NO CLUE what you are talking about Fansubbers using weird names. For the past 5 years, most fansub groups have either NEVER touched the japanese title, or translated it into the most literal english translation, THATS why nobody complains.

The entire point is that if people didn't at least hear of it, they probably won't pick it up. People don't just buy things for the hell of it, people buying these series most likely will already be familiar with them in the first place, those same people having already been familiar with the japanese titles. These "weebos" are the same folks who will be buying the damn thing, so make it appeal to them, and those titles do the opposite.

And you must be the ignorant one, cause neither of these trailers were as hormone infested as the funimation trailer. I saw an actual synopsis, not confirmation I'd see titties in my face 24/7. Slogan or not, "Boobies for the win" sounds corny and immature, and everyone I know who has seen the trailer for the first time thought the exact same thing. Hell I have people in this damn thread seeing it for the first time and saying the same thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3hktINGfds&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsaIIF7Q-mE&feature=related
Tenchi_RyuJul 7, 2011 1:50 AM
Jul 7, 2011 3:35 AM

May 2008
Naruleach said:
Asobi ni Ikuyo! which they will release as "Cat Planet Cuties"...

FUNimation will release the 12 episode series B Gata H Kei as "B Gata H Kei – Yamada's First Time" on DVD and Blu-ray in 2012.

WHY.

It's nice to see B Gata get a licence, but seriously... her first time? IT NEVER HAPPENS. Kind of seems to me like they didn't watch it before they licensed it...

Don't even get me started on "Cat Planet Cuties". I just don't see what's wrong with just TRANSLATING the name rather than making something up that sounds childish. It's not even a kid's show.
Jul 7, 2011 4:05 AM
Nov 2008
Tenchi_Ryu said:
I have NO CLUE what you are talking about Fansubbers using weird names. For the past 5 years, most fansub groups have either NEVER touched the japanese title, or translated it into the most literal english translation, THATS why nobody complains.

Whatever you say man. That's not what I've seen happening.

The entire point is that if people didn't at least hear of it, they probably won't pick it up. People don't just buy things for the hell of it, people buying these series most likely will already be familiar with them in the first place, those same people having already been familiar with the japanese titles. These "weebos" are the same folks who will be buying the damn thing, so make it appeal to them, and those titles do the opposite.

I don't think you're in a position to be making that kind of assessment. You'd be surprised, but a lot of people actually buy anime series they haven't seen before (it's called an impulse buy). People that pirate anime are in the minority here, not those that buy.

And you must be the ignorant one, cause neither of these trailers were as hormone infested as the funimation trailer. I saw an actual synopsis, not confirmation I'd see titties in my face 24/7. Slogan or not, "Boobies for the win" sounds corny and immature, and everyone I know who has seen the trailer for the first time thought the exact same thing. Hell I have people in this damn thread seeing it for the first time and saying the same thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3hktINGfds&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsaIIF7Q-mE&feature=related

You're also given a synopsis in FUNi's trailers for Sekirei, stop being so biased o the matter. In both of Aniplex's trailers, I saw boobs. Boob pressing, boob squeezing, boob-on-face action, boob declothing, sexual positions, hot and heavy situations, and plenty of clevage. Even the actions scenes chosen feature plenty of boob.

The only reason you're so uppity about it is because FUNimation verbalises an obvious selling point, unlike Aniplex who simply whored it out as much as possible in between dramatic white text on a black background.
Jul 7, 2011 8:16 PM

Sep 2008

In case anyone's forgotten, Sekirei was a big hit for FUNimation. There's a reason they market titles that way: it works.
Jul 14, 2011 3:40 PM

May 2010
I'm only interested in Steins;Gate & Deadman wonderland,so far Steins;Gate is my favortive anime this season,but the only thing I'm worried about is the dubbed cast,since funimation fucked up the english dubs of Hetalia & Kuroshitsuji with unfitting voices for most of the characters.Same goes for DMW

I never watched [C],Baka to test 2, or Asobi ni Iku yo & I could care less about B gata
SukirimaJul 14, 2011 3:44 PM
Jul 14, 2011 3:53 PM
May 2011
im surprised tiger and bunny didnt get picked,
Jul 14, 2011 5:15 PM

Sep 2009
Fansubs don't butcher things too....ahahahahah....right. Thats a riot.
Jul 22, 2011 8:00 PM

May 2008
I'm really happy Steins;Gate is licensed! As my current favorite anime airing at the moment, it's really great to hear that I could own it in the future.

Now if only they could release the game here.....
Jul 22, 2011 9:07 PM

Mar 2009
I'm not going to buy any of them, since they don't interest me. I knew I forgot to go somewhere when I was in the dealers room at the AX! Why'd I forget to go to funimation? Damnit, guess I have to wait for next year.
Aug 5, 2011 5:50 AM
Apr 2011
Don't know any of them except Deadman Wonderland and Steins:Gate, both of which im excited about.
Jan 2, 2012 10:21 AM

May 2009
Trailer of B Gata dub http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE7ifPbPzP0
too bad isn't available in my country
Apr 8, 2012 5:21 PM

May 2009
Apr 11, 2012 8:38 AM

Jan 2012
Finished watching B Gata H Kei and enjoyed it very much. Great job perverted japanese creators
Jul 2, 2012 9:47 AM

Jan 2012
I'm walking because there's no car.
I'm watching SUB because there's no DUB.
Walking by foot, SUCKS! Riding by car, ROCKS!

FUNimation, please do something about Steins;Gate.
Jul 28, 2012 5:26 PM

Oct 2011
Steins;Gate and Deadman Wonderland, only animes worth mentioning here.
Aug 9, 2012 12:44 PM
Jul 2011
Is there any news about there being any chance for a second season for Asobi ni Iku yo!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
24 minutes ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
2 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 3 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by Etherius_ZS »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.