Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
May 22, 2013 8:42 AM

May 2012
great way to end the episode and an enjoyable series

9/10
May 24, 2013 6:30 AM
Dec 2012
I didn't like this episode very much, but I didn't dislike it either. The story was like already over in episode 23. But I watched this episode only for the afterstory. It was simply beautiful when Victorique and Kujo met again.
Jun 25, 2013 12:53 PM

Jul 2011
Imanza said:
It's that mystery tag that ends up misleading and ultimately disappointing so many people when it comes to this series. A lot of people have said it before, but this is NOT a mystery series. It's a historical drama that has elements of mystery in it.

I enjoyed Gosick for what it is. I LOVED the atmosphere of this show. That had to be one of the highlights for me. Post-WWI Sauville was such a rich and beautiful setting, and the characters were all very rich and interesting to match. Although the character and plot developments don't really go anywhere until the second half of the series, the mini-arc format of the first half still held my interest and still served its purpose in fleshing out the setting of the story.

Of course, the second half is where the series really shined. Everything just fell together so perfectly, but the tension was maintained at just the right pace and by some miracle, there was a perfect blend of development between the bigger plot and the relationships between the characters but nothing was sacrificed and nothing felt rushed. Overall, it was a very entertaining show.

Kurogashi said:
oh jeez, they did it. the open ending with a slight nudge to the 'ideal ending, yet you will never know for sure. did they live? probably. but with the changing scenes at the end, the scene of kujo's legs being blown off, and the scene with the book and the closing door -- yeah, we'll never know for sure.

Really? I thought it was a pretty clear ending. I don't think Gosick is the type of mindscrew series that wants to leave you guessing between what's real and what's not. They made it pretty clear that Kujo's legs being blown off was either a dream or a hallucination from the way that whole segment is shot with this grainy, surreal quality. I think the whole point of that part was to show us how he pulled through the war because the thought of living to see Victorique again gave him strength. As for the scene with the door and the book, that was pretty clear too. It was used to symbolise a new world after the war where superstitious stories like the ones everyone in Sauville used to believe in wouldn't influence people's thinking the way they did in the past. An end to the occult and the beginning of a more rational age, you could say. I also thought the ending scene was meant to strongly imply that Kujo and Victorique got married and lived happily ever after, but to each their own I guess.

Winner. Thought I was gonna have to come in here and say all that, but looks like you beat me to it.

Beautiful story. Came in expecting a mystery, left with a powerful drama and a masterpiece, if not damn near close to one.

But now what am I supposed to follow this series up with?... Geez.
Jul 6, 2013 9:20 AM

Jul 2012
Oh Gosick...It was everything I could hope for and so much more.

The ending was beautiful. I sound like a sap but I'm so glad they got their happily ever after :'D
Jul 7, 2013 1:29 PM

Jun 2013
I felt like the last episode was a bit too rushed with Kujo and Victorique getting only about 2 minutes of screen time after their reunion. Despite the last episode feeling rushed, I did love that ending. It pretty much screams "They get married and live happily ever after!" which is the sort of ending I wanted for Gosick.

I give this an 8/10 for keeping me interested this long. I only took off points because A) a couple of episodes were so boring I took a break from the show and B) that last episode was very rushed.
Jul 9, 2013 8:50 AM

Apr 2012
First episode bored me to death, premise wasn't something that I'd be interested in for a long time and the other 9 eps that I had on my iPod were waiting to be watched for more than a month, waiting for a second chance so to say, maybe the anime steps it up.
Ep2 nailed it and I was hooked and marathoned it in two sessions.

One of the best dynamic between MCs that I've seen in an anime.
VA of Victorique did an outstanding job.
The whole story is a bit light and Kujo was a bit too impertinent and annoying with his constant "Victorique!" screams.
But other than that this was a beautiful story nontheless, portrayed in a fantastic way.
Not showing a kiss or a confession in a cliched/cheesy way, ruining everything they build up was smart.
Although the reunion was emotionally 'demanding' (that poor Victorique loosing hope there for a second, oh god :'( ) I thought it'd sad that they didn't even hug.
But I guess that underlines how close they were in each others heart, while being far away from each other.
Beautiful anime.
9/10
nantukoJul 9, 2013 9:03 AM
Jul 16, 2013 3:41 AM
Apr 2012
Atenias said:
No Kujo didn't lose his legs. Just his imagination/nightmare. If you noticed, then you'd see he was in the desert. Kujo fought in the 'north', where there are no deserts.
Losing his leg is only a metaphor that he lost the ability to reach for Victorique and that Kujo feels alone in the world without her by his side.

Overall, I didn't like the ending where Victorique was wearing white clothes (bridal robe?).
1) She didn't grow a little bit.
2) Blushing (in love?) Victorique doesn't suit her.
3) Very unclear scene: did Victorique got married to Kujo? If so, why wasn't Kujo wearing a suit.
4) Where did they get the dress from?

Actually, he did lose his legs. Two things to support my claim:
1) He appears to much taller than Victorique when they reunite. His height doesn not resemble that of normal growth (out of proportion, legs are too long) over the course of 4 years.
2) If you look closely at his legs, it is very thin and wrapped like a mummy.

In conclusion, he is wearing prosthetic limbs.

Poor guy, lost his legs to the war. But thanks to their love, they were able to reunite and hopefully live together happily ever after.

As for Vic's hair turning grey/silver/white, I suppose it could be shock as people have mentioned and it could also be just to dramatize her being the Grey Wolf. I personally prefer her gold hair better, but whatever.

Overall, the show had really amazing moments (mostly those involving Vic's and Kujo's clumsy relationship) and not too great moments (those weird awkward cases). This show would have made a great slic-of-life thanks to Vic's tsundere-ness and Kujo's stupidity + attachment to the former. But I suppose it wouldnt have been any special of a show without the mystery and complex plot.

10/10 + Victorique as a new favorite character.

I have a soft-spot for smart, loli, tsuderes
Jul 22, 2013 11:19 PM

Apr 2012
love how they ended it, its sad to see it finish but all good things must come to a end and a animes is even better when they finish with a ending imo
Jul 26, 2013 2:07 AM

Jun 2008
I thought Kujou was dead for sure. Great ending, I'll miss this show.
Jul 29, 2013 5:55 AM
Nov 2011
just finished re-watching the whole anime. Been a while and forgot what happens,feels like a new anime that I have watched.... wonder why I didn't find this more interesting in the past.

Now that I have evolved my brain a little bit more, have just realized that every case that they go through links to each other.... very interesting stores that are involved in this anime together with a lot of 'wisdom' given to the views.....

Very happy that Victorique was able to find Kujou's house and waited for him to arrive back safe and soundly (good that his hair has grown back) (think that Victorique should keep with the frilly dresses, makes her look a little less like a little girl)

Grevil was a really good guy from the start till end, only just he cant go against his father (prefer him with the drill hair style rather his hair down)

Quite like the Bryan Roscoe(s).... even though one wanted to kill Victorique at the end but then they were still good guys..... (TTnTT) they died too sadly
Jul 29, 2013 6:09 AM
Nov 2011
TheHoudhini said:
Atenias said:
No Kujo didn't lose his legs. Just his imagination/nightmare. If you noticed, then you'd see he was in the desert. Kujo fought in the 'north', where there are no deserts.
Losing his leg is only a metaphor that he lost the ability to reach for Victorique and that Kujo feels alone in the world without her by his side.

Overall, I didn't like the ending where Victorique was wearing white clothes (bridal robe?).
1) She didn't grow a little bit.
2) Blushing (in love?) Victorique doesn't suit her.
3) Very unclear scene: did Victorique got married to Kujo? If so, why wasn't Kujo wearing a suit.
4) Where did they get the dress from?

Actually, he did lose his legs. Two things to support my claim:
1) He appears to much taller than Victorique when they reunite. His height doesn not resemble that of normal growth (out of proportion, legs are too long) over the course of 4 years.
2) If you look closely at his legs, it is very thin and wrapped like a mummy.

In conclusion, he is wearing prosthetic limbs.

Poor guy, lost his legs to the war. But thanks to their love, they were able to reunite and hopefully live together happily ever after.

I don't think he has lost his legs because if you look back at the last episode, comparing his legs with the other soldiers that were standing there, his legs are no different (unless you are saying that every soldier there has lost there legs....)

And plus.... why he is much taller is because he has grown through time (expected, as he was just a16 year old boy before going to war... and then he spent around 4 years away so he just grown) but then Victorique didn't grow because she is a 'Grey Wolf' which are described to be 'small' (described a few eps away ago and look at her mom!!)

also, your conclusion....... do you really think that prosthetic limbs exist at that time?? if so then there wouldn't be soo many soldiers that needed to stay in bed for the rest of their lives after WW2

i believe, the 'dream' that he had of him loosing his legs is there to convey his fear of not being to have the legs to find Victorique anymore (and is probably on the verge of dying from the actual war) but then because if the desire of wanting to see her, he survived and came back safe and sound ^_^
special-secretJul 29, 2013 7:05 AM
Jul 30, 2013 12:50 AM
Jul 2013
Yep, I had no idea what was going on for the past 3 episodes. War? Wtf what war is he in? Why is he suddenly in the military? But the ending freaked me out. What the hell is with Victorique's height? The wiki says she's 5 feet, but she looks like she's 3 feet tall. I assume that Kujo is around 6 feet tall.

Edit: Okay... apparently the war is WWII? but it's 1924-5.... WWII is 1930s..............

Edit: i thought it was WWI too, but that's in the late 1910s.... so ya i have no idea what war Kujo is in and no idea why the Monstre Charmant thing started... basically this show doesn't make much sense to me....
night97Jul 30, 2013 11:34 AM
Aug 2, 2013 9:17 AM

Dec 2012
I usually don't like these kinds of endings with time-skips and grown-up versions of the main characters (I hated the Harry Potter ending for instance). But gosick had a nice ending, and thanks to Wikipidia I think i understand the whole plot now :)

I wouldn't change anything.

Overall rating: 8
Aug 10, 2013 4:11 PM

May 2013
Amazing. I came here for my love of loli detectives, no, wait, just all round lolis after watching Kamisama no Memochou. I was not disappointed.

I still want more, though. Then again, I always want more.

This is why Victorique's hair turned silver.

Does anyone else think Grevil looks hot with his hair down? I'm guilty, I do.
Looking for a character or a certain Anime/Manga?
Looking for recommendations?
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Aug 31, 2013 5:56 AM
Feb 2012
Those last two episodes were really strong. During the ones prior I felt somewhat bored and at some point I even started to hate Victorique's tsundere act and Kujo acting so damn beta, but like I said, those last two episodes made up for it and enabled me to finish Gosick on a truly positive note.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Oct 9, 2013 10:22 PM

Jan 2011
fucking beautiful
Oct 10, 2013 9:30 PM

Aug 2013
I'm a sucker for happy endings, especially after they trolled me into thinking Kujo died

None of the mysteries (except for Leviathan's which was probably the only well thought out one) interested me but thankfully the plot improved! Very addicting and emotionally involving series!

Soundtrack when she was reading his letter melted my heart, and I think it was stated earlier but her hair likely changed from all the enormous amounts of stress she was experiencing in such a short timespan. I believe it is called Marie Antoinette Syndrome.

5/5!
Oct 13, 2013 1:48 AM
Dec 2011
Disappointed as heck in the ending. Nothing about how Victorica felt after her parents' (especially her mother) deaths. A very short scene about her brother. There was so much build-up for what turned out to be a couple of minutes of Kujo and Victorica being reunited. I really wanted to see a scene where they admitted being in love with one another.I wanted to see their marriage and maybe a few years later where they'd have kids.

I really wish series would take a whole episode just for an epilogue so we can get some proper closure, or a double episode.

Overall good series but disappointing ending even if its a happy one
JesusmcpwnOct 13, 2013 2:51 AM
Cute, not pedo.
Oct 22, 2013 7:22 PM

Nov 2007
Absolutely loved it! I think it was the episode with Leviathan where the anime picked up and it was enthralling and fascinating ever since.

I am so glad that Kujou and Victorique ended up together otherwise all their hardships would have been for naught and would have been unbelievably sad.

Because of how they suffered, how they longed for getting to meet one another, and believing that they would see one another once again, and finally being able to be together, have made the anime an amazing experience for me.

Wonderful animation, amazing soundtracks, captivating story, intriguing characters, and a memorable finale, all that I look for in an anime and thus anime deserves nothing less than a 10/10 in my book. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 22, 2013 7:36 PM

May 2013
shanimebib said:
Absolutely loved it! I think it was the episode with Leviathan where the anime picked up and it was enthralling and fascinating ever since.

I am so glad that Kujou and Victorique ended up together otherwise all their hardships would have been for naught and would have been unbelievably sad.

Because of how they suffered, how they longed for getting to meet one another, and believing that they would see one another once again, and finally being able to be together, have made the anime an amazing experience for me.

Wonderful animation, amazing soundtracks, captivating story, intriguing characters, and a memorable finale, all that I look for in an anime and thus anime deserves nothing less than a 10/10 in my book. :)
I was almost in tears fearing the fact that Kujou might have died.
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Oct 22, 2013 9:27 PM

Nov 2007
Diran-kun said:
shanimebib said:

I was scared to see how many minutes left for the anime! I wasn't going to give this a 10/10 if it weren't for the two getting to be together. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 23, 2013 12:17 AM

May 2013
shanimebib said:
Diran-kun said:
shanimebib said:

I was scared to see how many minutes left for the anime! I wasn't going to give this a 10/10 if it weren't for the two getting to be together. :)
I would have given it a 10/10 either way.

Loli detectives are awesome.
Rie Kugimiya Fanclub
Nov 11, 2013 11:33 PM

Jul 2013
Shit dawg. That ending was so cash. All the feels flowing free, like really. Anime on the whole was pretty aight, but it ended magnificently.

tbh, I thought Kujo was dead or seriously maimed and I was all types of angry over it. I'm glad he survived, but if he did die it would have made for a much sadder but overall better ending. Either way the series is very memorable.

Blonde hair Victorique is about 10x better then silver. Avril can continue to suck.
"There stood a high school boy, who for selfish reasons had twice beaten an elementary school girl unconscious, and had gotten all nihilistically worked up about it. Actually that's still me."
Nov 25, 2013 3:43 AM
May 2010
I'm pretty sure they died though... Maybe I've just seen too many horror movies but the build-up, the symbolism, and other things just made it seem super obvious to me they died and the last scene is in the afterlife.

I mean, first you have the comment early in the series that the two of them will die apart, but their hearts will be together. We have the scene where Avril throws the bottle in the sea and it comes back to her (as there is no one to deliver it too). We have the fact that Grevil puts his hair down again now (as he no longer is obliged to do so as Victorique died). We have the literal scene where we see Kujo alone in the battlefield, his legs are no more, he crawls into a light and thinks he see's Victoria, and goes into that bright light that consumes him from the sky. The scene of the moving book based on the monster and the rabbit being discarded as history, and then the picture coming to life and the characters being sucked into a gate of light and disappearing. The story that alludes to the two of them even has the characters dying in the story, and after the animated pictures get sucked up into the gate of light they are no longer in the story or on the books cover (because they are no longer in this world). The whole 'if the heart dies, then I die' talk, which is followed by seeing Kujo die. And then in the end scene when they meet up, magically Kujo has his legs and hair back again and everything is A-okay, they walk and suddenly the barren wasteland turns into a field of flowers and they walk through angelic gates... I mean, it just seems so obvious that they died to me but it seems most didn't pick up on it.
DuskGolemNov 25, 2013 11:57 AM
Dec 1, 2013 12:58 PM
Jun 2012
DuskGolem said:
I'm pretty sure they died though... Maybe I've just seen too many horror movies but the build-up, the symbolism, and other things just made it seem super obvious to me they died and the last scene is in the afterlife.

I mean, first you have the comment early in the series that the two of them will die apart, but their hearts will be together. We have the scene where Avril throws the bottle in the sea and it comes back to her (as there is no one to deliver it too). We have the fact that Grevil puts his hair down again now (as he no longer is obliged to do so as Victorique died). We have the literal scene where we see Kujo alone in the battlefield, his legs are no more, he crawls into a light and thinks he see's Victoria, and goes into that bright light that consumes him from the sky. The scene of the moving book based on the monster and the rabbit being discarded as history, and then the picture coming to life and the characters being sucked into a gate of light and disappearing. The story that alludes to the two of them even has the characters dying in the story, and after the animated pictures get sucked up into the gate of light they are no longer in the story or on the books cover (because they are no longer in this world). The whole 'if the heart dies, then I die' talk, which is followed by seeing Kujo die. And then in the end scene when they meet up, magically Kujo has his legs and hair back again and everything is A-okay, they walk and suddenly the barren wasteland turns into a field of flowers and they walk through angelic gates... I mean, it just seems so obvious that they died to me but it seems most didn't pick up on it.

I hate you for your logical analyse Victorique-bis sama.
Dec 1, 2013 1:04 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
haloff1 said:
DuskGolem said:

I hate you for your logical analyse Victorique-bis sama.
you know there's a sequel coming up in December right? furthermore the final pages of the novel shows what their life together is like many years in the future as a married couple so yeah I'd say it's 100% guaranteed they didn't die lol
Dec 14, 2013 1:49 AM

Mar 2013
Score for this anime 10/10

Excellent voice acting,epic atmosphere,very interesting past`s,and lastly a beautiful ending i hope this anime gets a season 2!
Dec 19, 2013 4:00 AM

Dec 2010
DuskGolem said:

Some people think so, i think they are wrong for some simple reasons, the anime don't show how and where Victorica die, there is a date displayed when they meet in Japan (alterlife don't have time and space), Kujo legs seems a blatant dream, and moreover the original novel end with them together in the real world.

Yes there are some symbols that may be interpretated this way to make the end more strong (Yosuga no Sora ending is a lot more misterious even if the original videogame is pretty clear how it end) but this is not the case, the original novel has now an official sequel (and sequels can't be made if main characters dies unless is an alternate world with a different storyline or a complete spin-off, but for what i read seems not the case since main cast simply grow up).

Btw, hope they animate the sequel too when there is enought material.
Fn76Dec 19, 2013 4:08 AM
Jan 10, 2014 10:33 PM
Jul 2013
In the last few seconds of the episode kujo and victoria are wearing mainly white clothes when waking off into the sunset. While near the ending of the opening theme both are wearing black clothes. Probably doesn't mean anything but the difference is interesting.
Jan 26, 2014 6:18 PM

Jul 2011
great ending to the series, felt a bit rushed.

overall: 9/10

not sure if anyone's noticed, but around the end in the scene where there's a blond hair guy working in the library or something (the one who picks up the charming monster book), who is he? Kujo?

hey hey, do you have smoked cheeze?
Nyoro~n
Jan 30, 2014 2:39 PM

Jan 2013
1000000000000000/10 for me. great ending. I loved it. Bravo.

About the white hair: I think the police were looking for a blonde haired short female, so dying her hair seemed reasonable.
Feb 1, 2014 3:00 AM

Jul 2013
So no one is questioning how Vic suddenly got silver hair, that's cool...

The big gale didn't end up being WWII, I didn't see that coming.

Was really happy that both Grevil and Kujo have their normal hair again. But no one had aged other than the smart, previously street rat kid.

Were the people Vic was staying with someone we should recognise? And what was all the crap about not understanding her language, she was obviously speaking Japanese... unless everyone was theoretically speaking English, oh whatever.

It was a cute ending but I don't know... it wasn't all that great.

OH! I almost forgot! Where was the crap Kujo was supposed to tell Vic when they meet again (quoting from one of the letters Kujo was writing)?!
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Feb 5, 2014 12:34 PM

Aug 2012
Beautiful ending .......love this show till the end , except for Kujo when he shouts "Victorique" all the time , it was annoying. But overall , Gosick is a great anime.
Mar 1, 2014 6:41 PM

Mar 2013
I liked this anime a good deal, enough to give it an 8/10 to be precise, but that doesn't mean this anime is executed that well. Outside of Victorique, all the characters are static, and Kujo might be the single most bland and generic male lead in any anime ever. On a side note, it seems most anime are this way, so does this mean that most japanese males are like that or are anime creators just unimaginative.
Mar 7, 2014 5:29 PM

Sep 2013
Ended well enough though it seriously needed some more Kujo x Victorique for a more satisfying epilogue.
Caz that ending was weak, can't deny. At least it ended with everything resolved and them back together. 8/10
Mar 19, 2014 1:48 PM

Sep 2013
i loved that they mixed the end with the music
that was a great anime
Mar 27, 2014 7:42 PM

Feb 2013
Victorique Side
*Roscoe twin falls off*
MY reaction: well that happened
*see's that he is still alive*
well OK then just don't go insane again.
*Roscoe twin #2 DIes*
welp NOW your dead.
anyway this was an amazing ending to this anime.i definitely felt happy and depressed(for more reasons then 1) while watching this. Happy for Kujo finally reuniting with Victorique(i had THE BIGGEST smile on my face). the silver hair thing was a little odd although that theory on stress causing that is interesting. on a side note going back to Roscoe twin #2 Falling off if people are wondering how he survived if you look closely when they pan out and show the area you can see there is a ledge not far down from where he fell, so i'm assuming he fell their and just climbed back up with his injury. anyway Kujo going through war was pretty cool, although i actually thought he lost his legs when they showed him in some kinda Desert.(thought it might have been some kinda scenario where its like "oh this is the price you must pay to reunite with your loved one" kind thing but alas that was some weird dream)

anway beautiful anime, great animations and story.
loved the characters(although a little more characters development with a few of them the teachers and Avril for instance would have been nice. but that's all i really thought about that i didn't like about this anime)Speaking of avril her scene with the bottle at the end made me die. anyway ultimately i have no real issues present with this anime it really isn't a favorite for me and it did have a few downsides, mainly towards the beginning, so my final score is 9/10 with a seal of Awesome.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Mar 28, 2014 3:56 AM

Sep 2011
That epilogue was a bit...disappointing. I'm happy they were able to reunite after 5 years, but I hoped for much more. Just a few more scenes (like them living together or at least a kiss) and I would have been happy :/
I also hoped for heroic moment for Kujou, not just him coming back like nothing happened (though him surviving the war was kinda heroic in its own way). I was afraid for a sec when they showed him without legs :S
Victorique's hair turning silver was a nice touch (I guess it was due to the big shocks that happened in a mere few days). I liked her more with gold hair, but this suits her as well :)
I heard that theory about them actually being dead, but I also heard the ending of the novel (vaguely) so I'm glad that's not the case at all (though the anime might have intentionally gone with an ambiguous ending like that).

The anime was amazing. The story, the art style (and the era) and the OST were all great (I especially loved the first ED).
The characters, mainly Victorique were great of course. Kujou wasn't a bad lead, I really liked his gentemanly nature (though him always shouting Victorique was kind of annoying after a while :D ).
Victorique was just simply amazing. Nothing less, I don't feel the need to say more about her :)
I really don't get what was really Avril's point. She was so unnecessary. I mean she wasn't even a competition (Thank god!) for Victorique... and Kujou never even thought about loving her... Her parts could have easily been replaced by the teacher or any random person really.
The chemistry between Victorique and Kujou was what made the show beautiful for me. I know they are pretty much officially together, but I'm sad they didn't at least kiss :(

The anime gets a 9/10 from me. It was not perfect and it didn't become a favorite, but it was definitely a wonderful show :)
I might read the novels in the future (mainly since I heard that its story wasn't followed and adapted as it should have been and the anime kind of deviated from it).
Apr 13, 2014 9:39 AM
Jan 2014
I was pretty certain kujo was going to die. And that victorique would turn out to be someone who just explored the world since she was always confined to the tower. Glad they both got together.

There could be more character development. I feel like Roscoe and Cornelia story could be a bit more developed. IF it wasn't for all the humour in each episode then this show would be really tense. Glad there was the humour.

Overall I give Gosick a 9/10. Was not expecting much from it but it turned out to be one of my favorites.
Apr 17, 2014 7:38 PM
Jul 2012
I thought the point of the scene in which Kujo had lost his legs was that being separated from Victorique was like being half a person. He was wounded in a prior scene and I assumed he was having some kind of fever dream while unconscious on the battlefield or recuperating.

I started watching this with no real expectations, stuck with it for more than a few episodes because I thought the pipe was so cute, and would never have guessed I'd be so emotionally attached to it by the end. I was watching Mystic Archives Of Dantalian at the same time, and the two shows are strikingly similar in a lot of superficial ways--but Dantalian is completely episodic, with no larger story arc; it's not playing any kind of longer game, and as a result I wasn't invested in it at all.

Anyway, I was relieved as hell that both main characters ended up alive and together. But I couldn't help feeling that the actual onscreen reunion was a bit flat. I was more emotional about it than either of them, which was a little disappointing. Also, Kujo tells V. in a letter that he has something to tell her but wants to tell her face to face... and then HE DOESN'T F*CKING TELL HER.
Apr 30, 2014 7:45 AM
Mar 2013
Damn these last two episodes were like a whirlwind. I almost thought Kujo was going to die there, but somehow I knew they would get back together. Call it a woman's intuition.

It's too bad the two Brian brothers had to die. When the one with Cordelia died I was hoping the one with Victorique would survive but it was not meant to be.

And up until now I had no idea they loved cordelia as a mother. I thought they were in love with her as a woman.

That was an interesting development and could explain why Brian tried to kill victorique because he wanted his "mother figure" to like him best.

And I agree with all of the others here saying that the reunion wasn't that emotional or exciting.

I loved seeing Victorique in that wedding dress though. She was really pretty there especially with the silver hair.

May 1, 2014 7:01 PM

Apr 2013
samuraigirl said:
zeroryoko1974 said:
Great show, how did Victorique turn her hair silver?

You know, there is a theory that sudden shock can turn the hair white.
Here is a link I found: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/29/the_odd_body_shock_hair/ .
So in Victoirque's case there was the death of Cordelia and Brian, plus she knew nothing about Kujo.

Anyway, beautiful ending, although it was a bit rushed. ^^

I think maybe you're thinking too much into it. I know this is an old post, but a lot of characters I've seen have witnessed some horrible things and never got the silver hair treatment, so to speak. I think it was more or less her trying to conceal her identity than anything.
May 3, 2014 11:38 PM

Jul 2012
Wow! What an ending! xD
Really awesome and unique anime, I enjoyed the mysterious a lot genre and scenes a lot! They were really interesting....and the way the "puzzle pieces" of the certain mystery were put together to solve the mystery was awesome! Really good anime overall: Lovable characters (Victorique! x3), awesome plot, and beautiful artwork~!

So worth watching. :3
May 8, 2014 8:43 AM
Sep 2013
KOS-MOS_KP-X said:
samuraigirl said:
zeroryoko1974 said:
Great show, how did Victorique turn her hair silver?

You know, there is a theory that sudden shock can turn the hair white.
Here is a link I found: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/29/the_odd_body_shock_hair/ .
So in Victoirque's case there was the death of Cordelia and Brian, plus she knew nothing about Kujo.

Anyway, beautiful ending, although it was a bit rushed. ^^

I think maybe you're thinking too much into it. I know this is an old post, but a lot of characters I've seen have witnessed some horrible things and never got the silver hair treatment, so to speak. I think it was more or less her trying to conceal her identity than anything.

It's called Marie Antoinette Syndrome. It's likely what was trying to be referenced by her hair turning white; it might also be symbolic for a new beginning.
May 14, 2014 6:37 PM

Dec 2013
Yeeey happy ending. I'm usually rooting for the bad ones 'cause I like chaos, but this time I was definitely rooting for a good one. I'd get very pissed if things went the other way around
May 21, 2014 8:10 AM
May 2014
Happy ending 5/5
I give Gosick a 8/10
Victorique is one of my favorite characters
Sturgeon's law : 90% of Everything is Crap
May 27, 2014 11:31 PM

Jul 2013
I've never really appreciated Kujo and Victorique's romance until the last scene.. but I still think this anime is better off with no romance and that it should just go for more mysteries. Anyway even though it was a good and happy ending I still remember how annoying Kujo was the entire time and that adulterous Coco is still living the life with her son. Mysteries lacked consistency and has some plot holes

6/10
Jun 5, 2014 7:48 PM
Nov 2010
Kujo...the stereotypical beta male who gets beat up by every character including a girl with the physical strength of a 10 yr old. But wait, apparently she's the only 'soldier' who survived in his squad. Completely believable.
Yoshii Kiria took over as leader of Fairytale and rebuilt it and became one of Tsukunes formidable enemies but let's save that story for another time

Hehe, let me introduce him to you again, kid. This is Shuzen Issa (who is MIA during the final battle), who will become your 'trainer' starting today. You still have much to go if you want to become the headmaster.

Like the two souls have started to become one.
Jun 22, 2014 12:52 PM

Oct 2013
That ending was so beautiful, i thought the ending would be bitter sweet ending but thank God it didn't, Definitely one of my favorites anime out there, so glad that i tried to watch gosick. but sadly there was no kiss 'till the end :( , judging by the wedding dress, i think they got married but still they should've kiss but anyways it's forgivable since the ending was satisfying...

Overall score 9/10, would give it a perfect score if there was a kiss :P
Jun 26, 2014 9:31 AM

Aug 2013
Perfect anime.
10/10, fav list and Victorique goes to fav characters, there is no other option.
One of the most beautiful stories i've ever seen! I can't find words to describe this series!
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Pages (11) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - May 27, 2011

99 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 31, 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.