Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2011 9:06 AM
Oct 2009
Dusk252 said:
The second half of this series was great, but I can't rate a 24 episode series based solely on the last 10 episodes. And I almost decided to drop Gosick after that filler episode before the Leviathan arc... Anyway, the second half saved the show. The characters were pretty good and their development was nice and well-thought but I never managed to get much attached to them. I'm not sure why, though. 6.5/10 for the first half, 9/10 for the second one, I'll give it a 8/10 and I think it's well deserved.

Well, that is... exactly what I was going to write. Seriously, I almost dropped this a bit before Leviathan and gave it an 8 as well.
Jul 2, 2011 9:25 AM

Feb 2008
first of all, i have high expectations for this anime, even before it aired... i liked the LN, plus, having watched and greatly enjoyed FMA (both of them), i have high hopes Bones will do great in this series...

even from the beginning, though the story is quite confusing, i really enjoyed Gosick... of course, Victorique's moe-ness is a factor...

the series' second half, coupled with the second ED, which for me is far better than the first one, made Gosick even more a great show... the way the mysteries are slowly uncovered and solved gave me that thrill i have not experienced before...

now, for the ending, i didn't like it that much. honestly.

it wasn't impressive, not the ending that could give justice to the whole series. it was rushed, just like that in Brotherhood...

for now, i'm leaving the score at 9/10... but of course, for me, this show is still one of the best i've ever watched...

now, i believe the last volume of the LN has two parts... the second part, i believe, hasn't been released yet...

if that's the case, i would prefer if Bones would leave the series hanging for now... then just make an OVA of the ACTUAL ending, the one in the second part of the LN's final volume...

because that's exactly what i was thinking while watching the final episode... i personally believe Bones should follow the real ending, and i honestly expected that this episode won't be the real ending...

anyway, as i said, 9/10 for Gosick... it's been a very great show... i will miss Victorique and her moe-ness... but not Kujo, he's damn anooying...

and oh, i will miss Avril too... she looks in her final appearance... hehe...
Jul 2, 2011 10:30 AM

Aug 2007
Well... the anime has a good end, I really like it. But... 1929? Which war ended at thar year?
Jul 2, 2011 10:30 AM

Jun 2008
nice ending but I fell like its been rushed though, even though I got confused on did Victorique's hair turned into silver.

well anyways I liked her new hair color

9/10

Jul 2, 2011 11:17 AM

May 2010
Sweet ending. Liked those two walking together. :)

Don't have idea why Victorique's hair color suddenly changed.
Implication would be that she dyed her hair.

As to Kujo losing his legs, it was unexpected but still possible since it's war but a good metaphor though.

Overall, it was a good watch. Some arcs are great (Leviathan and Coco Rose) while others are aren't good (Beelzebub Skull + Train).

Was thinking of 7/10 in the middle of the series but the last episodes although rushed were interestingly good. So it ends in 8/10.

One of the shows that will be missed.
Jul 2, 2011 11:25 AM

Aug 2008
Wow!~ A very beautiful and touching ending <3
I was actually worried about how it'd end after watching Ep. 23 but I guess that wasn't necessary since they wrapped up things nicely.

Victorique's silver hair was surprising, I guess she bleached it or something so she wouldn't get caught. Grevil helping out made me happy, I always had a feeling he was actually nice and caring.

10/10 for me~ I really enjoyed watching this series!
AmnaMJJul 2, 2011 11:29 AM
Jul 2, 2011 11:45 AM

Jun 2008
so cuteeee they ended together *-*

oh and the silver hair beautiful
Life is bittersweet can you live with that?
Jul 2, 2011 12:46 PM

Dec 2009
5 out of 5: Loved it! (your vote)

and 9/10.. awesome anime, they should make more like this.. T__T
Jul 2, 2011 1:53 PM

Feb 2009
My only regret is that none of the Brians survived, I wish at least one survived.
Jul 2, 2011 2:06 PM

Dec 2010
MaxCrazy7 said:
My only regret is that none of the Brians survived, I wish at least one survived.
Uh... one of them did.
Jul 2, 2011 2:15 PM

Jan 2009
groundfish said:
How about the prediction of the prophet about they will definitely seperated by a strong gale(war) but their heart will always together? I thought this mean they will never meet each other again.

Well, the WWII still isn't there, so i think that could be it.
Signature removed. Please check your private messages.
Jul 2, 2011 2:21 PM

Apr 2010
Did they get married?

Im not sure becuz shes in her white dress and kujo is just kujo
Jul 2, 2011 2:22 PM

Apr 2010
notsureifsrs said:
MaxCrazy7 said:
Uh... one of them did.

No he died they both did
Jul 2, 2011 3:42 PM

Mar 2011
This has been the best anime I've seen so far, this anime definitely deserves my full 100/100

Sery said:
groundfish said:
How about the prediction of the prophet about they will definitely seperated by a strong gale(war) but their heart will always together? I thought this mean they will never meet each other again.

Well, the WWII still isn't there, so i think that could be it.

Profecies are told so they can be broken.
Jul 2, 2011 4:38 PM

Jul 2010
What an amazing ending to this series. 10/10
Jul 2, 2011 5:53 PM

Oct 2009
I'd give this episode 12/10 if possible. And I will even though it's not.
Holy crap I cried on this episode, 3 times total in fact (The most in the scene at the end). And to clarify it, I'm usually never crying, I end up thinking it's a bit lame and embarrassing at times, possibly a bit sad but not to this extent. I've cried to anime just once before, and that was 2 years ago when watching Clannad.

This is seriously the best episode of anime I've ever watched.
Jul 2, 2011 6:21 PM

Jan 2010
FINALLY!!!! I was going through the episode saying "please let them be together! please let them be together! please let them be together! please let them be together! please let them be together! please let them be together! please let them be together! please let them be together! YEEEEAAAH!"

Good series, but 8/10.
Jul 2, 2011 6:50 PM

Apr 2009
At first I expected Kujo when he removed Victorique's hood thing he wouldl thought it's an old woman.
RandomPerson4 said:
YES! FUCK YOU LIGHT YAGAMI! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!
Jul 2, 2011 7:04 PM

Jan 2010
Shit ending to a shit show. Thank god that's over.
Jul 2, 2011 10:42 PM

Jun 2009
Well, that was a great closure. The first few episodes were slow but the later parts were good. 8/10
Jul 2, 2011 10:50 PM

Sep 2009
Kinda sad to see this end. I would like another season showing their lives together.
Jul 2, 2011 10:53 PM

Nov 2009
that was very emotionally provoking. love when animes are like that. the whole time i was hoping they would get to be together. victorique deserved it so much. she was amaaaazing in this episode and the entire second half of the show. kujo got his hair back which was good. victorique turning from blonde to silver was really interesting i thought...i kind of wished she was gold again at the end tho.

i had actually resolved myself to be satisfied if kujo died in war and they had a romeo and juliet like ending (just that they both died, because i think, like she said, victorique wouldnt be able to live without her heart - so she would probably also die also) i thought like this because of how realistic the scenario was and you could really feel that their feelings had reached each other.

i think this leaves more to speculation because of that very interesting scene at the end. victorique was clearly in a wedding dress but kujo was wearing what he came home with from the war.

maybe in actuality he really did die, and never came back, but ultimately victorique was able to live on, simply knowing that she truly loved kujo with her entire heart. just something interesting to ponder. finally a very satisfying ending.

and i for one am glad the brians died. and sawashiro miyuki 4ever!!!

Edit: Oh yea and i give this show an 8.5/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2011 2:51 AM

Aug 2009
Last episode was rather ambiguous.

Why did Victorique's hair turn silver?

What's up with the scene where Kujo's body was crushed and then crawling in the desert.

Then all of a sudden Victorique is in Japan and welcomes Kujo home.

I felt they crammed too much into one episode.

BTW... is it just me or did Victorique get shorter??
Jul 3, 2011 3:03 AM

Dec 2010
toneytigre said:

Either she dyed it and kept doing so, or it went grey from shock. Either way, she became the "grey" wolf.

Kujo "lost" his legs. He wanted to get to Victorique, to reunite with her, but he was so far, and he was losing hope. Him crawling through the desert was just a metaphor for his struggle to get back and find her.

they showed it a bit, Victorique travelled to Japan and used her brain and information she gathered to find Kujo's home and waited for him to return.

Yes, I think this should have been 1 or two eps longer. The revolt and this epilogue was to short and quick.

I'm not sure, she certainly does look shorter, but it might only be because Kujo is most definitely taller.
Jul 3, 2011 9:02 AM

Jan 2008
Victorique looks like a midget child compared to how tall Kujo grew over the years, but I can live with that...at least Kujo got his normal hair back. Was a little confused about Kujo seemingly loosing both his legs, but it looks like was nothing but a delusion or nightmare he saw while trapped under some rubble (I assume that was his hand they showed)

Pretty much everyone that was injured or wounded; died, except for Victorique, Kujo, the King, and Roget.

I wished Cordelia and Brian 1 lived, but at least they were together in the end.

At first I was confused about what Roget meant by the King not killing the Queen, but realized Roget was originally going to kill the Queen by his request, but King went nuts and decided to do the deed himself, only after the maid switched places.

Unfortunately, two people I wanted to see die, didn't; The murderer King and Queen of adultery. ...but seeing as how Victorique and Kujo reunited in Japan at the end after the war was over, I give this 9/10.
Estoy_GordoJul 3, 2011 9:06 AM
Jul 3, 2011 12:01 PM
Apr 2010
Wow, that was one hell of big-picture ending there. Not only that, but the symbolism of of a lot of the settings were AMAZING~!!!!

Though, I don't fully understand why Victorique's hair became silver. can anyone elaborate on that?
Jul 3, 2011 1:06 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
pilipino101 said:

Though, I don't fully understand why Victorique's hair became silver. can anyone elaborate on that?

It's a widely used trope. Togame also had similar issues. Victorique just reminds me of Togame lol....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 3, 2011 4:30 PM
Mar 2010
They could have cut a lot of the "mysteries' in the first half of the story and focused more on the main plot because the ending felt a bit rushed. 7/10 for me
Jul 3, 2011 5:28 PM

Apr 2009
Loved the ending, that really made the whole ride that much more worth it. Things were pretty rushed in the last few episodes but that made them all the more touching I think. 9/10 borderline 10/10 for the entire series. May change after a rewatch.
Jul 3, 2011 6:16 PM
Jul 2009
Despite the ending being a bit rushed i still loved the series overall, i will miss this in my weekly line up ;o;
Jul 3, 2011 10:45 PM

Jun 2011
Spectacular ending to a mediocre series, bumped it from a 7 to 8/10.
El Psy Congroo
Jul 3, 2011 10:54 PM

Jun 2009
I really love this series! XD I absolutely adore the characters especially Victorique! And love the ending! ^^ From 9 to 10!
Jul 4, 2011 12:33 AM
Dec 2008
Ending was too rushed, but good noneother.
Jul 4, 2011 1:10 AM
Sep 2008
beautifull ending.

But why not a little kiss..it would be cute
Jul 4, 2011 3:27 AM
Jul 2018
a perfect ending <3
Jul 4, 2011 5:26 AM

Apr 2010
guyklc said:
Wonderful series but... cliche and anticlimatic ending. Sorry, it's just that the ending was too predictable and happy for me. Also, being somewhat knowledgeable about WWII, the last part made no historical sense whatsoever. Japan was just about to invade China starting in the 1930's, and that was also around the time WWII started. So wtf were they talking about when they said the war had ended? It's 1929, the beginning of the storm!

Oh well, that aside, series was wonderful. 9/10 for me. Had they given this a decent ending, would have been 10/10. But I didn't like this last episode.
THIS !! YES this is what really felt wrong, i loved the anime and the "war" being incorporated as well but they should have made it so the years match together it would have been perfect! well good either way
Jul 4, 2011 6:05 AM

Feb 2010
She was beautiful with silver hair. 8/10
Jul 4, 2011 9:59 AM

Apr 2008
Considering how this show takes a few liberties already with made-up countries I don't think the chronology of the war is a big deal. I also took it as he was saying the war was over for him, but it's still not a big deal. I actually liked the 'mysteries' from the first half and god was it good seeing that damned Count Du Blois get his end, but he still managed to completely wreck Sauville.

I didn't think the ending was cliche at all. I was seriously expecting a bittersweet ending for once, but I'm glad that after all they both went through they can at least have each other in the end.
Jul 4, 2011 1:11 PM

Nov 2008
Great series, sad Cordelias dead T.T

9/10
Jul 4, 2011 1:51 PM

Jul 2010
agent535 said:
first of all, i have high expectations for this anime, even before it aired... i liked the LN, plus, having watched and greatly enjoyed FMA (both of them), i have high hopes Bones will do great in this series...

even from the beginning, though the story is quite confusing, i really enjoyed Gosick... of course, Victorique's moe-ness is a factor...

the series' second half, coupled with the second ED, which for me is far better than the first one, made Gosick even more a great show... the way the mysteries are slowly uncovered and solved gave me that thrill i have not experienced before...

now, for the ending, i didn't like it that much. honestly.

it wasn't impressive, not the ending that could give justice to the whole series. it was rushed, just like that in Brotherhood...

for now, i'm leaving the score at 9/10... but of course, for me, this show is still one of the best i've ever watched...

now, i believe the last volume of the LN has two parts... the second part, i believe, hasn't been released yet...

if that's the case, i would prefer if Bones would leave the series hanging for now... then just make an OVA of the ACTUAL ending, the one in the second part of the LN's final volume...

because that's exactly what i was thinking while watching the final episode... i personally believe Bones should follow the real ending, and i honestly expected that this episode won't be the real ending...

anyway, as i said, 9/10 for Gosick... it's been a very great show... i will miss Victorique and her moe-ness... but not Kujo, he's damn anooying...

and oh, i will miss Avril too... she looks in her final appearance... hehe...

This does follow the real ending of the novels. This is how the second part of Gosick VIII was supposed to be ending. They just rushed through the 2-part Gosick VIII to fit it into 2 episodes is all, and skipped the whole war part and how Vic got to Japan, etc.

And also to others, the war WAS World War II. It just takes place at a different time/under semi-different conditions/for a different length of time in the Gosick universe. It began in 1925 and went up until 1929, for a rough duration of 3.5yrs. We'll know more once the second part of Gosick VIII comes out I suppose.
Jul 4, 2011 2:04 PM

Jul 2010
At first I feared they were both dead, but luckily my fears were in vain. What an ending! Great to see all the main characters grown up too.

Good to see Graviel gave Victorique a break there. There's no reason for him to go on now his father has died. I wondered how she changed the color of her hair as well. Maybe it indeed does have something to do with the shock of the Roscoe's and her mother dying and besides that the uncertainty of Kujo being OK.

Truly a great series. It had a bit of a slow start but man, it made up for it tenfold! 8/10

Jul 4, 2011 2:24 PM

May 2009
Well, Gosick ended up being pretty damn awesome. Too bad the first half wasn't as good (was still good though). The characters were nice and the story was interesting with all the mysteries. Animation/art and soundtrack were all very good.

The ending was so sweet. After many years they are finally reunited. Sad how Cordelia and both Brians died though... ;_;
Jul 4, 2011 5:30 PM

Jul 2009
It ended! ;O Hmm, OK, so Brian explains him and his twin were looking for a mother in Cordelia ... ehm, OK, sure then O_O Oh I nearly forgot, I'm pretty sure you can't fall off a cliff and live. Just saying O_O Kind of silly lol. Cordelia, Albert, both twins die. Victorica somehow escapes by dying her hair ... *snort*
Kujo fights the war. Was kind of weird when he had no legs, because I was pretty sure you can't survive that (what would I know, though, lol). Assuming that he doesn't fight in WW2 because ... yea, that just doesn't make any sense. Grevil's a bro after all (he goes back to long hair, wtf lol). Avril and her bottle was funny XD The ending was kind of really predictable, I didn't like it though. Oh and the Roget tells the king about the Coco thing
All right, so, overall. I honestly don't see why everyone likes this. The animation was OK, the music was meh, sure. The characters though really sucked. Same with the plot IMO. Annoying voices were just bleh. I dunno how a cool mystery thing turned into a sappy romance story. Really. I just don't. I have to say I found this really hard to watch :S Some episodes weren't that bad (like in the middle) which were actually quite good, and I thought there was some hope left for me. There wasn't. Plus horrible logic cramps in a show that is basically BUILT on this stuff? 4/10
Jul 4, 2011 6:06 PM
Jan 2010
alexcampos said:
REAL or Illusionary World???
They showed Kujo loosing his legs in the war

He was also in a desolate sand land. The only thing they showed for the -real world- is that his lower body was covered by a metal.
Jul 4, 2011 6:10 PM

Jun 2009
One of the most beautiful and satisfying anime endings I've seen. Kinda wish Cordelia and the Roscoe twins hadn't died but if they didn't, Victorique might not have had the same amount of desperate motivation to find a way to Kujo. Bravo! only 9/10 though bc I just about lost it at how many times I heard Kujo yell "VICTORIQUE!"

ps. I think her hair changed color from fear. Prior to meeting Kujo, she didn't fear death bc she was just a tool for her father but when Brian tried to kill her she was really scared that she would die w/o finding Kujo. I think her hair turned silver then.
kelkenJul 4, 2011 6:17 PM
Jul 4, 2011 6:57 PM

Jun 2007
Hair changes color to white/gray based on a number of factors. Stress and Shock are the top causes so it would make sense that her hair changed due to those two reasons. Another thing that might have happened was due to the "age of magic" dieing, maybe it caused her to lose her gold hair. I'm going with stress and shock though.

I'm pretty sure Kujo was just hallucinating that he lost his legs due to that huge piece of metal on them while he was knocked out. I'm sure when he woke up be moved the metal and got back to work fighting to survive.

I'm happy with the ending. It was really enjoyable. I even like how they insinuated that Kujo and Victorique would grow up to get married and live life happily ever after. It was a nice touch with what little time they had in this episode. It kind of looked funny with Kujo being taller and older. Looked like loli love haha.
Jul 4, 2011 9:04 PM
May 2011
Miora-san said:
Truly amazing show, great ending, I wonder what was it that Kujo wanted to say that he's never told her before? I might've missed it but I was hoping on the lines of "I LOVE YOU"
well im pretty sure that ending was simblifing that they got married, plus put 2 and 2 together, "theres somthing i want to tell you, somthing i need to tell you in person so i cant die here" that pretty much is obviously he wanted to say he loved her

overall amazing serise, i went in expec a mystery and got completly blown away by everything else in the serise, great show, bones did a great job in the transition to anime
Jul 4, 2011 9:05 PM
Jul 2008
Ahh, such a nice show. It's been ages since I watched such a well developed romance, with a beautiful, semi-dramatic plot. The mysteries were all, in the end, related to the oaverarching arc, and they presented both the main plot and the subjacent romance in an easy to watch way. Not too corny, not overly-dramatic, not too boring.

I also can't get enough from the art in gosick. It's just so well done. Such detail, and the tones used are beautiful. Ahh. I'm happy.

Also, I'm happy to see the only people that seem to dislike the anime, are either retards or have no arguments to back up the hate.
Jul 4, 2011 9:18 PM
May 2011
nubmonk said:
Shit ending to a shit show. Thank god that's over.
if oyu hated the show why the hell did you put up with it for 6 months?
Jul 4, 2011 10:41 PM

Jun 2010
Oh that was perfect. I could not expect anything better.

Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - May 27, 2011

99 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 31, 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.