Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 1, 2011 9:38 PM

Dec 2010
Iilia said:

Oh my god I laughed
Jul 1, 2011 9:54 PM

Jun 2008
Iilia said:
Riko betrayed Aria and Kinji? Oh my God, what a plot twist! And that creepy looking sensei that's been suspicious from episode one is a villain as well?! And Vlad is actually Count Dracula?! Oh. My. God. I can't get over how amazing this is.

Oh, and that scene where Riko is getting beaten up by Vlad while Kinji and Aria stare at him with their guns - Golden. You can't get much more amazing than that. I mean, Aria said so herself, it took Riko long enough to ask for help. Jeez, Riko, why couldn't you have asked for help sooner? It's not like Aria and Kinji can move on their own and think, "Hey, she might need some help over there..." Honestly.

So then they form a plan to shoot Vlad's vulnerable points while he... uhm.. gargles, roars, laughs, and spasms about how awesomely powerful he is. Freaking bad ass, I tell you!

NOOO, Kinji is slow-motion falling off the building and- oh wait, there's a convenient pole to grab on to there. How nice. No need to panic, because Riko saves the day with her uniform parachute and somehow flies UP into the air with it. Yes, that's right. Up.

In the end the three of them combined miraculously have 4 shots left. Lovely. And of course, they all hit their targets, which are ever-so conveniently painted on Vlad's body, by the way. Talk about intense moments! I was on the edge of my seat wondering if our stars would somehow fail at this critical moment and be slaughtered by Vlad!

Of course, they defeat him and Vlad dies a horrible death exploding with blood that comes from all directions. But wait, there's more! Aria goes and buys swimsuits with Kinji and the screen ends with "Baka, baka, baka!" I do so love this show.

An exhilariating 3/10.

Excellent summary!!!

I agree 100%.....however, even though it's so incredibly ridiculous and this show doesn't follow any rules whatsoever, I still think that the entertainment value is good enough for a decent score (at the very least you can have tons of laughs at the expense of the show).
Jul 1, 2011 9:56 PM

Dec 2010
Yeah, I could at least enjoy it because it was so bad it's good.

It's also funny how the best episodes were the cliche harem eps.

Ah and don't mind the fact I'm posting so much, it's a slow day.
Jul 1, 2011 10:02 PM

Oct 2010
Gee, the Romanian guy named Vlad who lived in a creepy house was really Dracula? WHAT A TWIST!

This show was awful and I still don't really understand why I didn't drop it.

4/10 just barely. It was entertaining when I wasn't groaning.
Jul 1, 2011 10:11 PM

Jun 2008
notsureifsrs said:
Yeah, I could at least enjoy it because it was so bad it's good.

It's also funny how the best episodes were the cliche harem eps.

Yeah, I also saw that....I think it was episode 9 and 10 that had everyone loving this show....funny enough those were filled with ecchi scenes.

I think a show can be serious and have fun ecchi moments and still be good, the thing about Hidan no Aria was that the serious parts were badly executed.

C'mon they ripped off "SPEED".....TWICE, and then their "plot twist" moments were incredibly stupid.....

Holmes IV, Lupin IV, FUCKING JOAN OF ARC????

and to wrap things up they gave us a WEREWOLF Vampire.......HILARIOUS!!!

They deserve an A+ for ridiculous moments, I'll remember Aria for the fun moments and for having a good cast of harem girls.
Jul 1, 2011 10:14 PM

Jun 2011
Fucking Vlad keep treating Riko like dirt. Even forcing his hands which he probably use to masturbate his gigantic hairy wolfy dick into Riko's mouth and even stepping on her after that, may ur dick come out of ur ass when ur shitting.

And i just love Riko throughout this episode as she got more screen time and all the fanservice, shes definately still my fav so far.

Overall the ending was kinda blend? Not really what i had in mind but i'll give it 9/10 for the enjoyment i got from the series overall and the anticipation i had every week while waiting for new episode.

P.S i really hope the Blu-ray and DVD sales picks up, i really want a second season for this series since theres still alot of material they can get from the LN.
ArcanaTraceJul 1, 2011 10:22 PM
Jul 1, 2011 10:19 PM

Dec 2010
alexcampos said:

The Holmes/Lupin rivalry isn't total bullshit, though.
There have been some crossovers in the past so it's not out the ass.

Of course JC Staff had Aria shipping when there wasn't so much in the novels. All the girls have their ups and downs and shouldn't be cast aside for aria simply because of JC RieTsun.

And like I said, a werewolf vampire isn't ridiculous. Werewolves and Vampires share lore, and the Count of Dracula can turn into a werewolf in his own story.

So really, these family lines and wacky powers do have some merit, but how the fuck did it still come off so stupid?
Jul 1, 2011 10:49 PM
Apr 2010
Well.. I wish I could become a super hero when I get horny.
Jul 1, 2011 11:09 PM

Mar 2011
They should name the show Hidan no Riko.

I also think it's pretty amazing how much hate gg can generate (the most popular fansub group) with the hivemind they created by trollling. Like Togainu no Chi, HOTD, or Yumekui Merry are actually good shows... lul.
Jul 1, 2011 11:14 PM

Dec 2010
Niyari said:
Yumekui Merry are actually good shows... lul.

No. It was a shitty adaptation and they even went and said it.

And for something like Aria, I don't really care whether I get gg or not. While I'm all for non-troll subs, this show wasn't exactly good in the first place, so gg making shit up was fine since I still understand most of what they're saying and what gg changed.
Jul 1, 2011 11:30 PM

Mar 2011
Holmes... then Lupin... then Dracula?! wtf? I think they ran out of ideas or something. I would give it like a 6/10.
Jul 1, 2011 11:59 PM

Mar 2011
I personally liked it. 8/10 here. As someone else said on this topic, don't draw your enjoyment of a series from its LN/Manga..You know MAL shows it as an ADAPTATION for a reason, believe it or not! Unless the series isn't even in the same universe as the Manga/LN don't complain. Enjoy the series and if you don't like it, don't watch it. It's pretty simple.
--Dread Knight Torac, Destroyer of Grammar Nazis--
Jul 2, 2011 12:02 AM

Jan 2011
When you've already got descendents of two literary characters (Holmes and Lupin) can you really complain when they throw in a third (Dracula)? This was pretty lightweight, but I thought that it was enjoyable. Just to mention the fourth fictional character, I thought it was pretty obvious that when Kinji enters hysteria mode he simply becomes James Bond (attitude towards women included).

I'd watch a season 2, but I wouldn't feel obligated to keep up every week, just marathon it close to the end (like season 1). There were a lot worse the last few months (cough...Rio...cough).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 2, 2011 12:40 AM
Sep 2009
DenjaX said:
Seriously? How is this a Dracula?

...guess Vlad practises cannibalism now...

Lol yea, thats more like some shitty werewolf. Vampires are cool, we all know that.
Jul 2, 2011 12:45 AM
Sep 2009
Iilia said:
Riko betrayed Aria and Kinji? Oh my God, what a plot twist! And that creepy looking sensei that's been suspicious from episode one is a villain as well?! And Vlad is actually Count Dracula?! Oh. My. God. I can't get over how amazing this is.

Oh, and that scene where Riko is getting beaten up by Vlad while Kinji and Aria stare at him with their guns - Golden. You can't get much more amazing than that. I mean, Aria said so herself, it took Riko long enough to ask for help. Jeez, Riko, why couldn't you have asked for help sooner? It's not like Aria and Kinji can move on their own and think, "Hey, she might need some help over there..." Honestly.

So then they form a plan to shoot Vlad's vulnerable points while he... uhm.. gargles, roars, laughs, and spasms about how awesomely powerful he is. Freaking bad ass, I tell you!

NOOO, Kinji is slow-motion falling off the building and- oh wait, there's a convenient pole to grab on to there. How nice. No need to panic, because Riko saves the day with her uniform parachute and somehow flies UP into the air with it. Yes, that's right. Up.

In the end the three of them combined miraculously have 4 shots left. Lovely. And of course, they all hit their targets, which are ever-so conveniently painted on Vlad's body, by the way. Talk about intense moments! I was on the edge of my seat wondering if our stars would somehow fail at this critical moment and be slaughtered by Vlad!

Of course, they defeat him and Vlad dies a horrible death exploding with blood that comes from all directions. But wait, there's more! Aria goes and buys swimsuits with Kinji and the screen ends with "Baka, baka, baka!" I do so love this show.

An exhilariating 3/10.

rofl
Jul 2, 2011 12:45 AM

Dec 2009
Well, I enjoyed the series. The last episode was kinda of stupid, but hey it was better than Merry's crap ending.
6/10 for episode.
7.5/10 for series.
Jul 2, 2011 12:56 AM

Sep 2010
My final verdict - Not very good.... Although I did not have high hopes for this show........
Jul 2, 2011 1:00 AM

Nov 2007
I just completed a rubbish show. deary me.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 2, 2011 1:28 AM

Mar 2010
This show was a total disappointment. It couldn't even rely on original characters, instead stealing the names of other authors characters. The only aspect of this show I enjoyed was Kinji. He's a nice change from the chump characters you often see as the protagonist. 5/10
Jul 2, 2011 3:30 AM

Mar 2011
What happened to shirayuki? What is the EU? Whois Kanna? Maybe I missed the answer to these questions...?
Jul 2, 2011 3:52 AM

Sep 2010
Dat laugh.
It's a parachute, not a fucking hot air balloon.
WHO IS KANA?! Well, I'm never finding out. Time to kill myself.
Jul 2, 2011 4:22 AM

Mar 2010
Was a decent series, nothing really too special. I would not mind seeing another season but I would not become butt hurt if they decide not to make another one. I gave the whole series a 7/20.
Jul 2, 2011 7:15 AM

May 2011
why is this series getting so much hatred? IMO it's among the best of this season.
Jul 2, 2011 7:19 AM
Jun 2008
well after watching series it ok series give i say there could be s2 might happen.

really there some thing still need to especially whole mom in jail sentence with many hundred years still like why?!

yet give i mention before i knew it give never read manga or novel that male teacher is bad guy yea i so call in ep.10 gave it away.

yet finish him off with tongue shot now that something you don't see in anime.

overall series is ok now need s2 nuff said.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Jul 2, 2011 8:53 AM

Jun 2011
well hate to say this but even after I watch the ending my rating still the same 7/10..
the reason is this anime was pretty decent one not bad but not that good too..
i guess the real reason i give only 7/10 is that this anime had too much fanservice than the plot..><
Jul 2, 2011 9:11 AM

Feb 2011
Iilia said:

An exhilariating 3/10.

This pretty much sums it all up why I dislike this episode/show.
Jul 2, 2011 10:05 AM

Feb 2010
Oh, yeah it was pretty mediocre. 5/10
Jul 2, 2011 10:11 AM

May 2009
i enjoyed reading the comments and i think the show should have a second season. 7/10. Btw IT IS POSSIBLE TO FLY UP USING parachute providing mother nature is in your favor.
Jul 2, 2011 10:13 AM

Apr 2010
Ending is indeed a bit disappointing tho i did enjoy this Anime.
That the teacher was Vlad became very obvious during the past few episodes and that Aria only realized this at the end is a bit surprising.
Speaking of Aria and Kinji there where just watching how Vlad was beating up Riko and that scene was pretty annoying as i was pretty much waiting on when they would finally pull the tricker but instead they where watching how there rival friend or how you wanna call it got beat up.
Weren't they supposed to help her during that scene?

I also wonder how Riko suddenly got enough energy again to stand on her own rescue Kinji and even manage her parachute in some impossible directions.
It's possible for a parachute to go upwards but you need to have the right wind flows for that, it's almost impossible for the wind flows to be so convenient that you can maneuver yourself above that building again save your from and go over it again.
Jul 2, 2011 10:14 AM

Jun 2009
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!....ah.....god that was hilarious. So bad it was good.

So we got Holmes, Joah of arc, Lupin and now Vlad and dracula. Well kiddos what's next? Well I checked and here you go. Spoilers ahoy!

I know, Hilarious. I don't care what the light novel fans say. Even Gen Urobuchi couldn't make people take this shit seriously.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jul 2, 2011 10:28 AM

May 2009
Hidan no Aria ---> The most controversial anime of Spring 2011 anime XD
Jul 2, 2011 10:35 AM

Jun 2008
didnt really like the ending that much, its kinda predictable.

but the parachute is cool lol!

Jul 2, 2011 10:39 AM

Aug 2008
shadesofblack07 said:
What happened to shirayuki? What is the EU? Whois Kanna? Maybe I missed the answer to these questions...?

We need another season to get those answered.
Jul 2, 2011 11:00 AM

Sep 2010
The way Vlad died made no sense, it was too weird and seemed as if it was made this way just because they wanted to have a spectucular death.

This series NEEDS a second season, if only just because there are several unanswered questions. Like who the heck that Kana girl is, nobody has an idea. Also Shirayuki and Reki had too little screentime the last few episodes. I especially want more Reki.

So, please J.C. Staff, give me a 2nd season to clarify some more things, otherwise this one season anime was completely useless.
If not, then I'm mad and I'm gonna start reading the manga. (as if that's a threat, but whatever)
Jul 2, 2011 11:04 AM

Jun 2009
I don't dislike the show... but I don't like it either... so... neutral... 5/10...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2011 11:05 AM
Sep 2007
WTF?! I was hoping that it wouldn't end at vlad's arc -_- and vlad looks more like a werewolf than a vamp.......the end was.......really unsatisfying, felt like episode 13 was going to be next -_- the brother did show up but for about 2 seconds only>_< if only this was 24 episodes long like shana...... anyway, gonna wait for more Hysteria Mode(from kinji and his bro~)
Nikko_ni_niJul 2, 2011 11:17 AM
Jul 2, 2011 11:07 AM

Oct 2009
Did anyone notice the audio of the iDOLM@STER PV at the very end of the episode!?! Best part of the entire series.

Joking aside, Riko was the best character. She offered something more unique than the rest of the haremettes. She was cunning, sexy, aggressive, while upholding a sense of honor. She even kissed Kinji just so he can fairly combat her during battle. Her personality was actually refreshing for her blurred motives and overt sexuality. She was truly the "goddess" of the series. Everyone else was a paper thin stereotype. I would've instantly dropped this like its hot if it wasn't for her.

Either way, this last arc was pure entertainment. Yes, it was ridiculous, convenient, and predictable. But it wasn't mindbogglingly annoying like the rest of the series. I'm not even sure if I would or wouldn't watch the second season because of the last arc. Maybe the story gets better from this point? Who knows...
Jul 2, 2011 12:10 PM

Jul 2008
WHO THE FK IS KANA?
Jul 2, 2011 12:10 PM

Mar 2008
Awful, just awful ... I give this series 5 only Because of Reki...

Jul 2, 2011 12:18 PM

Aug 2008
KrazyKobun said:
Maybe the story gets better from this point? Who knows...

Yes, it does. I know.
Jul 2, 2011 12:43 PM

Jun 2009
Another bad ending :( really, thought more from vlad. He's too weak considering other enemies. 7/106/10
Hope season 2 (if it airs) be better, Hysteria mode is awesome.

Jul 2, 2011 1:03 PM

Aug 2008
Riko was locked, in a cell, for several years. With nothing to eat but rotten meat and muddy water. The only thing she had was the rosary that was given to her by her mother. She had to keep it safe. So she hid it to the only place she could. Her ass. Five long years she wore the rosary up her ass. You know how uncomfortable it is to have something up your ass for so long? To escape she had to leave the rosary behind, but she had the butler promise to her that he would keep it safe. So he hid the rosary in his ass. For 10 months the rosary was up his ass, day and night.

And now, this rosary is yours.

KvakondJul 2, 2011 1:12 PM
Jul 2, 2011 1:41 PM

Sep 2009
This episode definitely made me feel bad for Riko, and while I didn't really feel much towards her in the beginning I started to like her a little in this episode. She definitely looks a lot better with her hair down too. :U

I thought that Vlad's 4th spot was pretty obvious. All the other ones were so visible so you'd figure that the last one would have to have that mark too, and the only way that no one would've been able to see it would be because it was in his mouth. :U

Overall I wouldn't mind a second season. The show was pretty predictable and the fanservice was boresome, but it was actually pretty entertaining most of the time.
Jul 2, 2011 2:11 PM

Feb 2011
> Read all the negativity.
> Checked to see the actual scores given of users hating.
> Most "haters" gave a higher score than 5.
> Alll 4 of the users that had Hidan no Aria as less than a 5 end up having Naruto/Bleach on there list as a 7. 8, or 9.

You gotta be kidding me :D

Bagonirix is the only user I see with any legitimate excuse for giving this anime less than a 5. Sounds like way too many folks are jumping on the hate bandwagon.

I give the series a 7.5/10, but I'm upvoting to a 10/10.

umad bro?
Jul 2, 2011 2:17 PM

Dec 2010
I'm giving a 6, since it was still so bad it's good.

And stop trying to greentext.
Jul 2, 2011 2:38 PM

Aug 2010
Saygram said:
Awful, just awful ... I give this series 5 only Because of Reki...

7/10 for the exact same reason ._.
Jul 2, 2011 3:20 PM

Oct 2010
I don't bother with the anime bashers of any series but I am glad that some people give this series higher because of Reki :D Clearly she needs more love. Second season shall be much more of her for sure. I know from the LNs. ROFL.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 2, 2011 4:00 PM

Nov 2010
it was an average day in anime land
then suddenly, vampires

and there was much dissapoint >.>

dropped from a 7 to a 6 overall
Jul 2, 2011 4:52 PM

Apr 2010
It's a tsundere anime from J.C. staff. Did anyone seriously think for a second that it was going to be any good?
Jul 2, 2011 6:30 PM

Apr 2010
Ryhzuo said:
It's a tsundere anime from J.C. staff. Did anyone seriously think for a second that it was going to be any good?

Not really, they're usually just average. Apparently anime fans in japan are not too thrilled about the show either. As the author is saying that they need more DVD/Blu-ray sales to get 2nd season and the sales figures weren't impressive.

As for this episode, who the hell is Kana? Why introduce someone from Kinji's past and not even give a hint before the season ended? Also, nice of them to mention if his brother was dead or alive, since that was the point of stealing the rosary for Kinji.

I think the end gave a hint as to what the special will be. It will probably be a fan service-filled beach episode, since Aria was trying on swimsuits.
tangytangerineJul 2, 2011 6:43 PM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Apr 21, 2011

196 by Karva1 »»
Apr 15, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

225 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:57 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

232 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:31 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kittyman - Apr 28, 2011

174 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:06 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 14, 2011

259 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 11, 2023 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.