Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 2011 2:30 PM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Always thought that sensei was suspicious...

Poor Riko took a nasty beating, but Kinji comes to recover her and then she ends up saving Kinji when he gets into trouble. Riko ends up fighting in her underwear after saving Kinji. Riko, Aria and Kinji all work together to win the battle. After it's over, Riko makes her dramatic exit into the sky. Last few scenes show Aria trying out a bathing suit and her pads fall out onto the floor. She gets embarrassed when Kinji picks them up, slaps him off screen and then it ends.

Overall, not a bad series. I will miss Riko for sure! Look forward to the OVA in December.
Jun 30, 2011 3:28 PM

Jan 2010
An incredibly mediocre end to an incredibly mediocre show.

JC Staff really dropped the ball on this one. They took all of the terrible and generic points from every other tsundere Rie role that they've done and just amplified them tenfold. I thought this would be a fun and interesting series since it was pretty hyped but boy was I wrong. The only good part of it was seeing the reactions from people who watched the troll [gg] subs. I'll definitely think twice about starting the next JC Staff LN adaptation since they've been nothing but disappointments lately.
Ok™
Jun 30, 2011 4:30 PM

May 2011
They skipped alot of parts. Fight was better in the LN. I was hoping for a better end. BUT if they decide to continue hopefully they'll do better cause the upcoming fights for them are about to get better and interesting. but hey we atleast saw the billard shot!

Overall show was ok. 7/10 for me
Jun 30, 2011 5:20 PM

Apr 2011
JC Staff ruined another good light novel/manga series.
6/10.
And it's not letting me mark it as completed, for some odd reason..
Jun 30, 2011 6:31 PM
Apr 2011
People got to expect things are going to be different from the manga/novels when it becomes an anime, 9/10 still for me from episode 1 to now...
Jun 30, 2011 6:32 PM

Dec 2010
Fuck I hope they don't mess up Kamimemo like they did this
Jun 30, 2011 7:45 PM
Apr 2011
^^ Well kamimeno chou is an AT-X anime don't be surprise of some fanservice..
Jun 30, 2011 8:21 PM

Oct 2008
Move along people... Nothing to see here... Just another train crash...
Though, I can't tell which left more destruction and disappointment in its wake. Hidan no Aria or Yumekui Merry?
Jun 30, 2011 8:54 PM

Apr 2011
Great, Kamimemo is going to have fanservice and be done by J.C. Staff?
I'm gonna blast my brains out, it's one of my favourites too..
Jun 30, 2011 9:02 PM

Dec 2010
Omniknight said:

Merry was worse. Filler shit end, dragged out episodes, boring as fuck, just shit all around.
The only saving graces were the nice and fitting watercolor and merry's vagina bones.

Manga blows that shit out of the water.

At least Aria was so bad it's good.
Jul 1, 2011 8:08 AM

Oct 2010
Best episode of the whole series. Totally blew out in rage, T_T for Riko, excitement and super hyper excited mode.
As Vlad is below.

FUCK YOU VLAD! I am so happy! In the outcome and I teared up.

Here's my explanation for my raaaaageeeee! The first thing that did it was Riko in the following spoiler
did you see her chaining? Did you see her skinny legs due to malnutrition and I though that the last scenes told by Durandal were enough. Well this pissed me off. Damn shit ass Vlad! Now the Vlad was cheap ass shit that he used a tazer gun on Riko in the spoiler
that was so cruel and shit. These things IRL killed people with weak heart condition so I usually tend not to side with these weapons. If that was not enough in the past Vlad took syringes full of Riko's blood while claiming of himself being a researcher. How the heck would any researcher even treat their subjects like in the spoiler
with a evil calm face here. Fucking Vlad! This shit head treated Riko nothing but a guinea pig and worst of all treated her badly. If that not enough he pulls on Riko's hair making her give out screams of incredible fright and pain that affected a lot to say the least. If that was not enough the fucker shoves his hand with Riko's rosary into her mouth. What a fucker! Fucking Vlad! I though it was over but the worst had to come with Vlad stepping on her face. Leaving her as follows,

not only once did he crush her face with his foot but a second time. Of all things a second time. After making Riko cry real tears (no faking this time) and grabbing her by the head in the spoiler
to the point of making her see red and thus having these kind of red eyes.
How can I not cry? How can I not rage? How can not feel sorry for not only hatting on her at beginning but in general? How can I not form tears of happiness at
Aria when she heeds Riko's call for help and attacks Vlad magnificently in the spoiler
When seeing her beaten up sad face have a smile thanks to Kinji in the spoiler
But most of all how can Vlad do something to a beautiful body that Riko has with a most satisfying fan service offer of her in the spoiler

I asked myself all this and certainly the answer is I did shed the tears and I was emotionally moved but sadly and happily for Riko. That is what good directing should be when all can follow and can make you feel so many different things that you can recall as being great well IMO that is. Totally loved the part that Riko made Kinji call her name out. In the end after all of this was over, I was just so happy when I saw this face of Riko. It was all happy for Riko. This episode and #10 made me change totally towards Riko not to mention the LN convinced me already This visually did it for me. So in the end Riko escapes again! Oh well too bad.

About the end and second season indicators. Well apart from the LN already suggesting a second season, from the looks of Kanna here (Real one? I am not sure) and her face is so cute that a second season may be in order to reveal what is the problem of her and Kinji from how he reacted to her. Oh man oh man! Aria in the swimsuit in the spoiler
sure made my day with fan service in regards to her and she looks so happy but then again having that face after losing her pads was hilarious considering that royal rumble Kinji got.

BTW a little freebie of the Riko licking Aria in GIF format in the spoiler
it was quite the tease.

I am going to miss this series! It was amazing and so were the people who helped me in this.
So big thanks to all of you for your help. I had fun.
Action wise and gun wise it was a ride that I was satisfied with along with the LN checking out and manga readings. Solid 9/10 for me.
Yumekichi11Jul 1, 2011 8:12 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 1, 2011 11:25 AM

Nov 2008
Enjoyable series, the end was not bad.

8/10
Jul 1, 2011 11:31 AM

Jan 2008
Well... not a bad end. Riko's scenes were really sad, with her chained up to the wall as a child. Oh, one more thing: FUCK YOU VALD!!!!! FUCK YOU WITH A GIANT SANDPAPER CONDOM!!!!
Jul 1, 2011 11:47 AM
Jun 2009
Great ep finally show who vlad is and everything comes together. To bad the Blu ray sales are to low so far for a second season I would love to see the rest of the novel turned into a anime.
Jul 1, 2011 12:04 PM

Aug 2010
Riko became more likeable in this episode for me. Other than that it was an okay show, so ridiculous that it was good.
Jul 1, 2011 12:09 PM

Oct 2009
Liked the anime
one of the best this season in my opinion

Good Ending too

But seriously
Vlad's got a derpy Laughter there xD
Jul 1, 2011 12:11 PM

Oct 2010
this episode was good.... better than the ones before it, i think!!
but, lol, dracula!?
hope theres a second season!!!
Jul 1, 2011 12:18 PM
Sep 2009
An incredibly mediocre end to an incredibly mediocre show.

This sums it up pretty well
Jul 1, 2011 12:24 PM

Jan 2011
I really don't know what to say of this series.

I really didn't like the first episodes, but after that it became quite good. But still predictable, I mean, who didn't know from the start that the sensei was (one of the) Bad guys?

The ending was meh and I still wonder who Kana is.

Have to think about my rating.
Jul 1, 2011 12:46 PM

Sep 2009
Dunno do I want S2 or not? This whole series was quite medium but I still want to know "what would be further"
Nachtwandler_21Jul 2, 2011 1:20 AM
Jul 1, 2011 1:20 PM

Oct 2010
Saruwatari-Chan said:
But seriously Vlad's got a derpy Laughter there xD
I hate hate hate his laugh. My ears were bleeding and I was saying "Shut up!" Vlad this episode was nothing but a monster that tortured a child and forced her to fight out of her own will. He treated Riko nothing more than a animal to experiment on.

Jul 1, 2011 1:21 PM

Aug 2010
I can't help but rage at how idiotically long it took aria and kinji to save riko; for god's sakes a girl is getting beaten in front of you (especially on the face) and it took a werewolf-dracula monster to get you to attempt to rescue her? im sorry but that is just pathetic on so many levels DX (sure uhh there are 2 dogs and all but still DX) god that sensei was so brutal to riko and the way he basically forced the Rosario down her throat was gruesome O__O; anyways *rage ends*

It was a decent episode but quite disappointing for an ending >_> wonder why JC seem to make either a really successful show or a fail one; personally i dont really care if they give a second season but it'll probably have more plot as to whatever happened to kinji's brother, kana, and the other girls. overall Id give this 7/10 only cuz Vlad has a queer laugh lulz (and riko's amazing supernatural hair)
Jul 1, 2011 1:23 PM

Oct 2010
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Dunno do I want S2 or not? This wall series was quite medium but I still want to know "what would be further"
Read the LN, they are pretty far. There is some more stuff with Reki/Kana and the EU. They could finish it in another season of 13 episodes. The latest part I heard of, will make everyone go aagagaga WTF O_O just telling. That's all.

If you want the LN will tell you it.

Jul 1, 2011 1:37 PM

Mar 2009
worst fucking show of the year so far.

2/10
Jul 1, 2011 1:39 PM

Nov 2009
I enjoyed this series, I really could care less about the people hating on it.

I've stated my opinion regarding Rie being Aria in this but it's not really detracted from the series at all.

Riko made this series for me, the parts where she was integral to the plot where the best ones so this episode really made me gather respect for what she had went through. Looking forward to Kinji meeting her again!
Jul 1, 2011 2:21 PM

Nov 2007
Not a bad ending if you remove the retarded plot.

Im not about to hate on JC Staff for this anime though, I've taken a look at the light novels myself...JC Staff tried, the source material is just shitty.

So 7/10 for the show in the end. Again, a decent adaptation of a mediocre light novel
Jul 1, 2011 2:35 PM

Jun 2011
Well the anime for hidan no aria was average, the light novels kind of quite simply kick the crap out of it. The anime was not horrible but everything about the novels is just better it is a shame they could not do it as well for this anime. JC did toradora well even though it is a bit different from the novel (novel is heavier on the romance) but both were good shame they failed to pull it off for Aria.

I dont know what they did to vlads voice i think they could of picked a better voice for him, it just did not seem to fit. His laugh was so damn bad i couldnt take it seriously and ended up laughing myself, it was just horrible
DragoonDeusJul 1, 2011 2:39 PM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jul 1, 2011 2:36 PM

Mar 2011
Poor Riko :(

It was a good episode and a nice anime I'm giving this a 88/100 (=9/10) Though it was quite obvious
>.>

Possibility for a season 2 is high.

However I know nearly noone of you will agree with me on this score :3

Now, where's my Shakugan no Shana 3?
RizlimJul 1, 2011 2:44 PM
Jul 1, 2011 3:09 PM

Nov 2007
I really hope the sales suddenly skyrocketed for HnA, I'm anticipating for their 2nd season. It's always easier to watch an anime than the others. Though complaining zealots complaining about minor things and and complaining anti-Rie fans just complain.
Jul 1, 2011 3:09 PM

Jul 2009
Well the battle was pretty cool, although do you really have to wait for Riko to ask you to save her to do it? Really? -_-" That's stupid. Thought it was a good episode until the ending, and I was like, UGH, STUPID CLICHE MUCH. Still don't know about Kana though O_O
Didn't expect Vlad to be like a werewolf vampire combination though, that was weird O_O
So, overall. What can I say. It was ... ugh, I dunno. I really hated Aria's voice. Music was OK (didn't like OP or the ED though), animation was OK, characters were mehhhh ... plus Shirayuki randomly disappeared halfway through O_O I dunno, I thought it would be better. I'd give it a 6.5, but since you can't do that, rounding down to 6/10
Jul 1, 2011 3:24 PM

Oct 2010
Rizlim said:
(=9/10)
However I know nearly noone of you will agree with me on this score :3
Euh no! Buddy we scored the same on it. So yeah. It depends what you score in. I scored it with 9s and 10s in some fields but in general it's a 9 for me.

Jul 1, 2011 3:37 PM

Jan 2008
I do have ONE complaint. If sensei was Vald, and Vlad was Dracula... why was Dracula a warewolf?
Jul 1, 2011 3:40 PM

Dec 2010
Loved it!!!! They should have a season two with a more serious plot.
I read Manga in both English and Chinese.
Jul 1, 2011 3:41 PM

Jul 2007
The only thing that bothered me was Vlad's laugh. It irritated the crap outta me. |:<

It was an okay show, overall. Something to pass the time, I suppose.
Jul 1, 2011 3:57 PM

Jun 2008
Rosario + Vampire + Werewolf???

Well, that was just as ridiculous as the entire season.

The ending was predictable, and all's well that ends well.

7/10.....only because it was entertaining watching this ridiculous show every week, and the female characters were interesting....too bad we didn't see Reki again :(
Jul 1, 2011 4:28 PM

Jun 2009
Man, that was so bad. As I watched the 1st episode I thought it would be like some BeeTrain Production and then it turned out to be a cliché harem animé with stupid gun action, dumb characters and ridiculous names (Holmes, Vlad, Lupin...). Seems they just wanted to use some "interesting" names without any historical connection. Can't stop laughing.

3/10 for the entire season. ^^"
Jul 1, 2011 4:43 PM
Apr 2010
Wow, that was a really random conclusion; I was hoping that Kinji would get to see (even fight) his brother, which in the beginning, they made SO obvious.... Then a werewolf Dracula? WTF???!!! 5/10. 7/10 for the series (only cause of Riko <3)
Jul 1, 2011 4:44 PM

Jun 2011
HsXIII said:
Man, that was so bad. As I watched the 1st episode I thought it would be like some BeeTrain Production and then it turned out to be a cliché harem animé with stupid gun action, dumb characters and ridiculous names (Holmes, Vlad, Lupin...). Seems they just wanted to use some "interesting" names without any historical connection. Can't stop laughing.

3/10 for the entire season. ^^"

sorry i am no fan of the anime only the light novels, but did you even pay attention? they are all descendants famous names used, except for for vlad he is actualy dracula and not a descendant of him. They also used the history of the famous people and relationships between them, except they changed some parts such as jean de arc not being burnt at the stake in this. At least pay attention
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jul 1, 2011 4:49 PM

Sep 2008
Kinji and Aria are FUCKING FAGGOTS.
How the hell could they just stand there while someone defenseless was being stomped on and having something thrusted down her throat.

I knew this anime sucked.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2011 4:54 PM

Jun 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
Kinji and Aria are FUCKING FAGGOTS.
How the hell could they just stand there while someone defenseless was being stomped on and having something thrusted down her throat.

I knew this anime sucked.

That wasn't the only time they did that, remember when Shirayuki was fighting that other girl, and they just stood there watching.....LOL

This show was just so ridiculous, it's definitely in the Top 10 for that category.

Either way, I think they could've made the story more serious and more believable, unfortunately that didn't happen.

Oh well, I thought the ending was OK.....better than other J.C Staff endings...so I'm not really disappointed.
Jul 1, 2011 5:29 PM

Jun 2008
JC staff's light novel adaptations have been pretty mediocre lately :/ I was disappointed with how Yumekui Merry turned out and this show is yet another disappointment. I'd rather they bring out more index/railgun and shana then more of this crap
Jul 1, 2011 5:34 PM
Dec 2010
Id love it if Riko fell to her death at the end when she left them.

Does anyone know where the anime ends in terms of the light novels?
Jul 1, 2011 5:45 PM

Dec 2010
DmonHiro said:
I do have ONE complaint. If sensei was Vald, and Vlad was Dracula... why was Dracula a warewolf?

You clearly haven't read old Vampire stories. Werewolves and Vampires are heavily connected. Not only are werewolves familiars of vampires, some vampires can transform into a monstrous creature akin to werewolves, among other insane abilities.
Jul 1, 2011 5:46 PM

Jun 2008
HoboFreedom said:
JC staff's light novel adaptations have been pretty mediocre lately :/ I was disappointed with how Yumekui Merry turned out and this show is yet another disappointment. I'd rather they bring out more index/railgun and shana then more of this crap

Actually.....Yumekui Merry is a MANGA adaptation....but yes, it was a CRAPPY adaptation, they didn't even follow the manga correctly, they invented their own ending and a bunch of characters.
Jul 1, 2011 5:53 PM

Dec 2010
alexcampos said:

I didn't mind the gun-toter and the kuudere, they're fine. But they had the villain be someone completely insignificant in the manga for no reason.

And the filler character doesn't even have a decent part in the final fight! On top of that, they had someone other than the gatekeeper deal the finishing blow!

Then they made some bullshit rules out of nowhere and threw in Yumeji's powerup (that had an awesome F/SN-esque intro) for lols and have it do nothing.

HEY GUYS LETS THROW SOME RANDOM SHIT TOGETHER AND RUIN A GOOD MANGA
Jul 1, 2011 5:54 PM
Jul 2011
jahern1 said:
Id love it if Riko fell to her death at the end when she left them.

Does anyone know where the anime ends in terms of the light novels?

I agree wholeheartedly with you. This anime totally failed as far as treatment of the bad guys went.

Riko is an effin psychopath and known criminal. Her attitude is the worst. No scope for redemption, not to mention that goddamn annoying way of talking about herself in the third person. Yeah we see she got mistreated by Vlad, but it pissed me off that she fooled and played around with kinji and aria and as soon as she got what she wanted, she was ready to kill them again.

Im pretty sure unlike aria and kinji, she meant defeat as in "kill". yet people are raging about how vlad treated her, with the stomping and beating. that part actually made me the happiest in the episode.
Jul 1, 2011 5:59 PM

Dec 2010
The hell? Riko is the best fucking part of the show. Best harem member too.

She's like the Fujiko of the show, despite being "Lupin". She teams up with the main characters to do shit, but she has her own motives and won't hesitate to backstab them. And in addition she still has some sort of soft spot for out male lead.

Not only that, she's not afraid to use sexuality and is more intelligent than the dumb-as-bricks and naive Aria. She's smart and scheming and knows how to play everybody up.

She's a femme fatale and she knows it.
Jul 1, 2011 6:24 PM

Sep 2008
There is so many things I can nitpick in this but why didn't Riko die? :(

As long as Reki gets more screen time, same with Jeanne, I wouldn't mind a second season. Riko dying would be a bonus too of course.
Jul 1, 2011 6:27 PM
Mar 2010
Yeah, I'd chalk this up as another show that JC Staff didn't really get right. Not to mention that laugh, THAT LAUGH. You'd think vampires would come up with awesome laughs, but no.

I sort of got bored after they were like "it's Jeanne D'Arc and Count Dracula"! My sense of "what the hell is going on here" just broke then.

And I thought Riko was the best. Troll characters are always fun to watch, not to mention she's pretty crafty. These rivalries are pretty suspect, though, not like they're even recent or anything.
Jul 1, 2011 7:06 PM

Apr 2011
I don't know what the anti-Riko folks are talking about here. She was the best character in the series, and it's not even close.

There should be a Riko spinoff like with Misaka (except better, of course).
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hoppy - Apr 21, 2011

196 by Karva1 »»
Apr 15, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

225 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:57 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

232 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:31 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kittyman - Apr 28, 2011

174 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:06 AM

Poll: » Hidan no Aria Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 14, 2011

259 by Lost_Hearts »»
Dec 11, 2023 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.