Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Mar 5, 2018 2:27 PM

Oct 2015
I felt this anime's plot ended long ago when we found Erio wasn't an Alien. Afterwards the story shifted from her and became something else that I didn't get, from baseball to bottle rockets, to marriage proposals and crushes. The most wack shit is that the story was more focused on Niwa, a character that was lame and didn't contribute much to the story. Proves how sexist this anime was, but most of all it lacked a reasonable plot.

Characters that I enjoyed watching were Erio and Yashiro, I thought they made me tolerate the show( too bad the show gave them less screen time.

5/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 28, 2018 6:51 AM

Feb 2018
I liked the show overall, but the ending is bad, and the LN ends even worse. One of the biggest anime/LN disappointments. Cynical pervert the protagonist is. 1/10.
Dec 15, 2018 2:23 PM

Dec 2016
Man what a fun show, just a straight up enjoyable watch
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 18, 2019 4:53 PM
Mar 2018
That was a nice little show. Would've expected more drama for such a difficult topic at the beginning, but they circumvented it by digressing into baseball and motivational talk. But the esper thing was more of a mcguffin to add to the mystery part of the plot. And delving into possibilities and eventuaities is cheapening the whole experience just for me. But overall a cute show with some unique characters and a quite good score. I just would've wished they weren't that obvious with the 13th episode. Being announced that way is just confirming that they wanted the money...
Jun 6, 2019 12:05 PM
Sep 2017
was that really superpower??
anyways loved the show and the characters so heartwarming
Dec 22, 2019 12:48 PM

Dec 2014
Well this was a fun game hmmm.
Mar 9, 2020 10:01 PM

Feb 2020
i was so happy when makoto hit the home run. also is yashiro an actual esper?!

Kyoto Animation rocks
Nov 13, 2021 2:38 AM

Aug 2018
I liked the show but it didn't make much sense and the ending was unfulfilling. 6/10
Dec 1, 2021 11:26 PM

Sep 2018
The whole thing with the aliens/supernatural powers feels like its left up to the viewer's interpretation, although I think it's pretty insignificant and secondary in nature, compared to the subtleties of youth on display throughout the series. Shaft seemingly never lets me down, incredible detail and art once again. Sexual undertones just comes with the territory with a lot of Shaft anime, amazing how they still manage to create works with plenty of style and substance. 8/10.
Jun 25, 2022 9:43 PM
Mar 2022
A great anime, it gave me a great journey that feels like Im just new to anime again
An easy 11/10 for me
Jul 19, 2022 12:57 PM
Dec 2021
great anime!!!!!!111
Aug 29, 2022 3:54 AM
Jan 2020
This show has one of the most suggestive fanservice ever, and I still refuse to believe Erio is actually 16
Mar 25, 2023 8:28 PM

Dec 2022
A baseball episode, this late? This episode was decent, but baseball filler episodes really should be episode 4/5 territory.

Shaded Horizon

Mar 27, 2023 4:30 PM

Feb 2020
Nice way to end the show ! I'm glad it focused a bit on Makoto's development,he is far from being the worst case of "generic mc" I've seen but he was rather bland nonetheless, this episode fleshed him out a bit.
Well, in the end I'm a bit conflicted on this show... It has a very good message, is endearing, has a good art direction, the characters are likable (for most of them), but I feel like it really had potential to be much more than what it was. I mean, we don't even know the true reason why Erio was so disliked by her classmates and why she felt the need to create her alien story ! There's also the other girl, the one who might actually come from space, she as some good lines and is an interesting character but she hasn't been used correctly...
Plus, some of the characters have some questionable actions... Take Meme for example, she's my favorite character because she is the most interesting and memorable in my eyes (and I really liked her focus episode which was very touching), but her behaviour towards Makoto is so weird, even pushing aside the fact that she is his aunt, she is 40 when he is what, 16 ? Well, clearly underage. So that's super weird.
And there's also Ryuuko who claimed to be on the bullies' side if Erio came to be bullied even though poor girl did nothing-as far as we know-to deserve it (and even if she did something wrong in the past, bullying her is very messed up nonetheless). And other things...

Overall I liked this show, but I really don't think I'm gonna remember much from it after some time and it really had a weirdly handled story and characters. It's hard to give it a rating...
May 5, 2023 10:34 PM

Sep 2020
This show was a real disappointment. Although it got marginally better in the last half and had some decent moments, I struggled to make it through.

The initial concept sounded good, with the "Is she or isn't she an alien?" teasing, but Erio and Makoto were way too annoying for me. All the other characters were fun, though. I liked Meme's horndoggedness, and Ryuushi - ahem, Ryuuko - was cute. Maekawa is best girl, especially with those legs that go on to next week.

Had this been a regular SOL harem, I'd probably like it. But the whole thing just felt like a lesser Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

6.5 Moon bikes/10

I dug the OP song.
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
May 21, 2023 1:22 PM

Dec 2017
SlammyHammy said:
This show was a real disappointment. Although it got marginally better in the last half and had some decent moments, I struggled to make it through.

The initial concept sounded good, with the "Is she or isn't she an alien?" teasing, but Erio and Makoto were way too annoying for me. All the other characters were fun, though. I liked Meme's horndoggedness, and Ryuushi - ahem, Ryuuko - was cute. Maekawa is best girl, especially with those legs that go on to next week.

Had this been a regular SOL harem, I'd probably like it. But the whole thing just felt like a lesser Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

6.5 Moon bikes/10

I dug the OP song.

Valid criticism through and through but how does this show relate to Haruhi of all things? I feel like they're very different shows.
May 21, 2023 4:14 PM

Sep 2020
anizawa89 said:
SlammyHammy said:

6.5 Moon bikes/10

I dug the OP song.

Valid criticism through and through but how does this show relate to Haruhi of all things? I feel like they're very different shows.

Both shows deal with supposed aliens or whatever, an eccentric girl MC, a bunch of other quirky characters, and various phenomena.

Makoto is 100% Kyon - the cynical MC having to deal with eccentric girl's BS

Erio is Nagato - the introverted "non-human" but annoying

Ryuuko is Mikuru - the cute, lovable ditz (even almost look the same) though opposite in personality

Yashiro is technically Haruhi - commanding, exploitive, arrogant/selfish/diregarding of others, and possibly possessing powers

Sure, the characters types are nothing new, but as a whole both shows aren't that different.
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
May 21, 2023 5:12 PM

Dec 2017
SlammyHammy said:
anizawa89 said:

Both shows deal with supposed aliens or whatever, an eccentric girl MC, a bunch of other quirky characters, and various phenomena.

Makoto is 100% Kyon - the cynical MC having to deal with eccentric girl's BS

Erio is Nagato - the introverted "non-human" but annoying

Ryuuko is Mikuru - the cute, lovable ditz (even almost look the same) though opposite in personality

Yashiro is technically Haruhi - commanding, exploitive, arrogant/selfish/diregarding of others, and possibly possessing powers

Sure, the characters types are nothing new, but as a whole both shows aren't that different.

For me Haruhi had a greater sense of adventure, Kyon went from a random nobody to having almost been stabbed to death. And from there the show only escalates in absurdity. While Denpa is a 'take it easy slow' show about a slightly cynical high schooler and his interactions with weird Shaft girls. Shame it never developed past that as much as Haruhi never got past the disappearance arc. What a bunch of wasted potential...
May 22, 2023 3:55 PM

Sep 2020
,anizawa89 said:

For me Haruhi had a greater sense of adventure, Kyon went from a random nobody to having almost been stabbed to death. And from there the show only escalates in absurdity. While Denpa is a 'take it easy slow' show about a slightly cynical high schooler and his interactions with weird Shaft girls. Shame it never developed past that as much as Haruhi never got past the disappearance arc. What a bunch of wasted potential...

Yup, it had a lot of good elements but most of it just went nowhere.
Oct 1, 2023 11:55 PM

Nov 2022
Nothing memorable really happened in the whole show but it was still decent, that home run scene was incredible
Mar 14, 2:17 AM
Oct 2023
So many things remain unknown.. i hope for a season 2
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Apr 28, 2011

178 by Pjackreznick »»
Mar 12, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

127 by Pjackreznick »»
Mar 11, 1:03 PM

Poll: » Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 14, 2011

222 by Pjackreznick »»
Mar 11, 12:37 PM

» What happened after episode 13?

tinydevil421 - Mar 3

4 by tinydevil421 »»
Mar 4, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Your favorite female character

Confucius - Jul 2, 2011

42 by Ren_Reyden »»
Dec 24, 2023 12:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.