Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2011 12:02 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mhmm, a replay of Mayushii getting shot~
And then dat face-off.
Well, not very surprising, Okarin ends up using their newly upgraded device.
And then, she dies again. Moeka, you're my hero <3
And then again.
Oh, how I loved this episode.
Edit: I'm so going to rewatch this episode every day until the next episode is out.
OosranJun 28, 2011 12:13 PM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 28, 2011 12:08 PM

Feb 2009
Well at least Okabe got to find out that the time leap machine works. =/
It's just really depressing that whatever he tries to do, nothing seems to keep Mayuri from dying.
But since he can't seem to save her, wouldn't it be easier to tell her what happens, and use the time machine on her so that she could save herself?
Anyways, I hope there's a light at the end of tunnel for our heroes, because things are starting to get really dark.
Jun 28, 2011 12:14 PM

Jul 2010
Situation seems desperate. Mayushii dies again and again...
This is a cruel episode. I sympathize with Okarin's feeling.
If only Mayushii was strong enough... like this...

By the way, OP&ED didn't change. I was expecting new songs.
kusushiJun 28, 2011 12:23 PM
Jun 28, 2011 12:26 PM

Nov 2009
Desperate = the better ;p
Loved it! I'm crying right now. Is it me or the episode seemed kinda... rushed. I got this feeling or maybe i am completely insane already.
Jun 28, 2011 12:29 PM

Nov 2007
wow that's depressing on the 3rd death scene. he just can't cheat fate yet.... hit by a train no accident? that is harsh. oh man the 2nd time, when he forgot about the bomb threat....

I don't know why he doesn't tell Daru and Makise? or at least tell the Suzuha who can actually fight.

the smart thing to do is GET AWAY FROM Mayushii. SERN is after him not her. so he needs to get the hell out, as do Daru and Makise. take the part time warrior with him as she is useful.

shit just got intense. so death count so far Makise 2 Mayushii 3.
Jun 28, 2011 12:30 PM

Jun 2011
Whoa... That definately wasn't what I expected!!
It was a damn good episode though.
Hope he will save her!
And that the show will remain just so damn good till the very end.
Jun 28, 2011 12:35 PM
Nov 2009
This is going to be hard to watch if this keeps happening.

Mayuri...

He needs to use a D-mail.
Jun 28, 2011 12:36 PM

Aug 2010
Wow this is like Higurashi, Mayuri keeps dying x(

And good job Brauns daughter you surprised the shit out of her.
Jun 28, 2011 12:42 PM
Nov 2010
the twist for me would be if he actually manage to change mayurii´s destiny, and what impact it would have on the world or even the universe.
Jun 28, 2011 12:44 PM

Oct 2010
AAAAAAAAAH!!!
christ im gonna have a heart attack if i see mayuri die another horrific death
Jun 28, 2011 12:45 PM
May 2010
Okabe is becoming Homura, while Mayuri is becoming Madoka.
9/10
Jun 28, 2011 12:50 PM

Jan 2009
ninasko said:
9/10
Except that it's the other way around, Homura became Okarin and Madoka became Mayushii what with Steins;Gate's story being conceived before Madoka's story and all.
Not that it really matters or something. Just like, details.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 28, 2011 12:53 PM

Dec 2009
Okarin uses the time leap in an attempt to beat fate, but it seems fate is a lot harder to avoid when it involves death. It's just a shame he still isn't thinking straight. He should have the advantage on Moeka but his plan remains reactive to Maysushii's death instead of a proactive plan to avoid the setup to her death from happening.
Ara ara.
Jun 28, 2011 12:55 PM
Apr 2011
Though I already knew this was going to happen, it still really fucking hit me hard.
Poor Mayuri ;_;
Jun 28, 2011 12:55 PM

Aug 2009
Oh my god.
I am at a loss of words.

This was my face throughout the whole episode.
When Kurisu got shot at the pre-OP scene, I almost shed a tear. ;_;

5/5, 10/10, this fucking show. This motherfucking show man.
;_____________;
Jun 28, 2011 12:57 PM

Apr 2007
Hmm, it doesn't seem as if the time leap actually changes world lines but just goes back in time so it won't change the fact she always dies AT THE EXACT SAME TIME each time. Using the D-mail would probably have more success.
Jun 28, 2011 12:59 PM

May 2010
I love Suzuha more now. Anyway, This episode basically trolled Mayushii fans. I thought he finally saved her the third time - but the kid killed her -_-

I'm loving the Mayushii/Okabe moments though. That childhood scene of how she turned out to be his "hostage" was cute.

solman said:
the twist for me would be if he actually manage to change mayurii´s destiny, and what impact it would have on the world or even the universe.

I would definitely wanna know how much the world changes if she actually lives. Since, it seems impossible to save her.
Jun 28, 2011 12:59 PM

Oct 2007
I don't think my heart can handle Mayuri dying again.
Jun 28, 2011 1:05 PM

Jan 2011
Noooo, why must I be tortured ; A ; !?!?!?
Seeing Mayushii die everytime is very sad... OTL
I wonder if Okrain will be able to actually save her..

:c hope he can.. *snif* Mayushii, your too cute to die!!! D8
Jun 28, 2011 1:06 PM

Dec 2009
cr4sian_phil said:
I don't think my heart can handle Mayuri dying again.

This

and this anime is fucking awesome :O
yuno6.jpg
Jun 28, 2011 1:08 PM

Sep 2010
No more please... I need Mayushi to stay alive...

It's becoming a (more) tragical endless eight, isn't it ?
Jun 28, 2011 1:22 PM
Jan 2008
Oosran said:
ninasko said:
9/10
Except that it's the other way around, Homura became Okarin and Madoka became Mayushii what with Steins;Gate's story being conceived before Madoka's story and all.
Not that it really matters or something. Just like, details.

mhm i also got this feeling as well, it reminded me a lot of Madoka Magica. Which was also an excellent anime. Both of these are of the best Ive seen.

it was so hard to see mayuri die over and over. I was like nooo dammit nooo. Krisu getting shot was hard to see also. Its interesting that she realizes that Okabe time leaped but I too think it would be best if he told them about what happened. I guess he doesn't want to worry Daru and Mayuri but I think Krisu could help to come up with a plan. The part time warrior as well. I would imagine she would be very helpful. She obviously knows this is going to happen and may have been training for it.

And speaking of knowing things it almost seems as if Mayuri knew she was going to die. She seemed very doubtful that they would ever have the party and she was apologizing to Okabe. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it?

Also I'm a bit confused. Is the bomb threat on the subway related to SERN? Or is that something that can't be determined at this point without spoilers?
Jun 28, 2011 1:27 PM

Jun 2010
she died 3x...so depressing :/

oh and maybe he can double dip the time leap...use it once and then use it again?
Jun 28, 2011 1:28 PM

Nov 2010
E P I C.
Jun 28, 2011 1:29 PM

Dec 2010
Mwuauauauahhaahaha.

I had a good laugh at the last scene lol. Gosh didn't see that coming. Now things are getting very interesting.

It seems the time leap does have a limit to how far back it can send a person just like the D mail. I think it was like 1 week for D-Mails, then probably like 3 hours for time leap?

Anyway I knew Suzuha would kick ass. A longer physical fight scene between her and Moeka would be so cool lol.

Okarin needs to stop keeping information for himself and tell the others, couldn't be that hard. More minds are better than one wtf.
Jun 28, 2011 1:33 PM

Aug 2008
Was I the only one who was actually -laughing- after second time Mayushi was killed?
Jun 28, 2011 1:34 PM
Dec 2010
While I am not a mayushii fanboy, I start to feel Okarin's pain. I mean... Hell, three times? And that last one - How much more can someone take before they get a mental breakdown?

Well, at least she didn't get jelly-fied or something, still better dying than ending up that way.
Jun 28, 2011 1:39 PM

Aug 2007
That scene with the young Okarin and Mayushii was what I wanted to see, so cute. Baito senshi is indeed a warrior, how she ninja'd them all. I wonder if we'll get to see ten more episodes of saving Mayushii or that he'll try something else. Homurokarin.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jun 28, 2011 1:42 PM

Jun 2009
taro_sado said:

It seems the time leap does have a limit to how far back it can send a person just like the D mail. I think it was like 1 week for D-Mails, then probably like 3 hours for time leap?

In the previous episode, Makise told about 48 hours limit for the time jump...

It's terrible to see Mayshi dying over and over and over... She didn't deserve this...

And Nae... Oh my God! I mean, I know that it was an accident, but after her Higurashi-face...

Is it okay to be terrified by 9-year old girl?..

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Jun 28, 2011 1:45 PM

Jun 2010
It's inevitable. She has to die. You can't stop someone's death. One way or another they will die. These two methods of time traveling are somewhat the same, but the results are way different.

Jun 28, 2011 1:50 PM

Jan 2009
When did s;g become South Park? Thanks for the laughs, Nae. As expected from Mr. Braun's flesh and blood.
Jun 28, 2011 1:51 PM

Jun 2009
13man18 said:
It's inevitable. She has to die. You can't stop someone's death. One way or another they will die. These two methods of time traveling are somewhat the same, but the results are way different.

Well, but he did save Makise in the beginning, so it must be possible... just hard, very hard...

Jun 28, 2011 1:59 PM
Aug 2010
For me I cannot see the death for Mayuri any more ,,,it is very tragedy.
Jun 28, 2011 2:04 PM

Feb 2008
The Reason that Okarin doesn't want to tell the others becuase he don't want them to get involved with this, but I think SERN want Mayuri dead after all.

Okarin is afraid the whole world will changed once more again that's why he don't want to used it.
D-Mail is dangerous.
Time Leap will be more effect but can he save Mayuri from death, fate can be so cruel sometimes.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 28, 2011 2:08 PM

Jun 2009
koolvid said:
It's better you go by what he said, so you won't go into shock after the series

Emmm...

SPOILER!

Jun 28, 2011 2:12 PM

Jul 2010
I can't bear to watch Mayuri die every time. This is just too sad.
Jun 28, 2011 2:13 PM

Jul 2008
imo many ppl didnt get the dmail thing.
If you use dmail the time line where mayuri is dead will still exist but a new time line will be created where she doesnt die and oakrins concious will be in the world where she isnt dead.

Simply put with dmail everything will only change for okrain and not for the others.

And in the former episodes in okrains dream mayuri said something about the original mayuri and okarin in all the existant parallel words. That could be somehow related why you cant save mayuri in that world....
Jun 28, 2011 2:21 PM
Apr 2011
It was kinda predictable she was going to die a third time. I thought Nae would have also died too, like multiple people dying as he attempts to change the past.

It's like watching Final Destination. Can't escape death.
Jun 28, 2011 2:24 PM

Nov 2008
It seems like Mayuri has to die no matter what. I truly feel sorry for Okabe. Another thing I did not like was the lack of Kurisu, so hopefully she shows up more the next episode. And hopefully Okabe can stop Mayuri's death, but it doesn't seem like its gonna happen.
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jun 28, 2011 2:27 PM

Oct 2010
Yes! My favorite scene got animated as follows,

it was a very satisfying scene considering what Suzuha went through to get there.

About the Original time line/beginning, I was so pissed off at fucking Moeka to point her gun towards Okabe while he is mourning the death of Mayuri and of all things the bitch is about to pull the trigger. I shall never forget the expression of Okabe in the spoiler
and what he said “I shall make her pay for this”
Fuck yeah Okabe! I am with you on that one. Give me a call anytime and to many of us around the net commenting. I shall also not forget that shitty bitch's cold serious stare. Oh beautiful Suzuha coming at full speed with a most amazing expression in the spoiler
She kicked ass with her moves. Let's see, it starts with most amazing jump kick to the face of the guy causing a one hit KO which would mean it had to have amazing impact and thus real good leg muscles not to mention agility. It follows that the second guy gets a nasty elbow to the face that also KO him one shot! Wow, Suzuha power if over 9000. The third guy gets it in 2 shots, high kick to the head and palm smash on his face slamming the ground. Now that was amazing! Fourth guy gets a one hit KO knee jab. Holy crap, amazing one shot KO.

Pretty much from the looks of the overview all the bad guys are KO except Moeka. Seeing how amazing and serious Suzuha's eyes are here I can't believe Moeka dodged just like that the shot from Suzuha's gun shot in the spoiler
Oh man oh man! We could have Moeka brain pieces around the area to see. Instead Moeka recovers and gives out a nasty kick to Suzuha in the side ribs. Possibly breaking some with the impact given and throws off Suzuha into the wall and it is to mention Suzuha's breasts bounced there a little. Having no choice to save Mayuri, I liked Makise being really worried about Okabe and he goes for it. During the teleportation sequence in the spoiler
I noticed that it starts with a strange concoction of her pulse memory data and digitization that only goes into a Gate of most likely the past itself but before that OMG! Kurisu got shot in the fucking neck as follows,

FUCK YOU MOEKA AGAIN! DAMN IT! Got to be strong! Must hope in the time leap.
Holy shit Mayuri! T_T Ah fucking Moeka again. That bitch never stops pissing me off.

About Mayuri's past, I loved it! I was very moved emotionally, especially with that hug from Okabe in the spoiler
that was freaking amazing! At first I never knew that Mayuri's grand-mother died while she was in grade school but it may that it was the only relative left she had and she looked so adorable when she was small. I was a little baffled as to the light and angel ladder, however did you know that the correct reference is Jacob's Ladder whom you can read here about it. At the time of the hug, now I get the whole hostage thing and Okabe's taking the words of that show him and Mayuri were watching. Okabe's expression and that of Mayuri as the hug was happening were so innocent and full of emotions. I felt such a nice warmness and relief that Mayuri would stay with Okabe as his hostage. The final destination leads to this time/date and it freaking worked! It worked!

About first time line, the very first time Okabe came back not really much changed but that time glass is still around. There is a listening device there so if it does get broken SERN agents may come in. Okabe from the start looks damn angry/serious and that is a nice aspect to see of him. Makise realizing finally here that it could be time travel related . The flashbacks of Okabe were nicely done. I think that Okabe had a way too serious attitude towards Ruka in the spoiler
it got her surprised but Okabe's anger is not only that but there is a a deep regret/concern. Upon picking the phone Okabe's expression showed genuine sadness. Finally it took Suzuha to guide him properly towards Mayuri. I find that the transgression of Mayuri at tomb young and current Mayuri in the spoiler
was done perfectly well. I liked it. It was obvious that Okabe's angry expression would only turn into a regretful one as Mayuri got scarred and this where I find Okabe's general paranoid attitude take the best out of him for the worst. At least he does redeem himself when he calms down to explain to Mayuri the whole problem more calmy and I loved Mayuri's appearance in the spoiler
TBH, biggest mistake to go to that train station where the bomb threat looms. As a SERN agent already tailed Okabe in the spoiler
and holy crap a gun is pointed at Okabe that if blows off, Okabe is sure to die. Good thing that a passerby bumps him out to let Okabe a opening to escape. Nice one.

Guess that did not help since multiple SERN spies are coming in and that includes one pinning down Okabe. That unfortunately leads Mayuri helpless and thus she gets killed in the spoiler
it was not that brutal but make no mistake on my part towards the bitch Moeka! You fucking heartless bitch Moeka! You did this shit again! Shit! T_T Mayuri lies down and blood drips as she is under the car, unknown to details of her gruesome fate. I really appreciated that Okabe got that kick in to his assailant and gets back up with incredible rage in the spoiler
that was terrific! Amazing emotional display. As he runs here towards the lab, the OST so reminded me of a part from Ninja Gaiden. At some point when Ryu was running and there was this OST that was similar to Okabe's part played. With no choice once again the cycle repeats itself.

About Time Line 2, the second time Okabe goes back in time the transition is much more clear in the spoiler
this concerns the whole memory being put into digitized data. It clear shows at first the memories in biological format then in numerical format to a end of getting to destination. Once again there is attention towards the hour glass. Whom most likely has the tiny micro except that this time Okabe was much more cool and less agitated, which did kind of mix up SERN since they are listening in. Loved the serious attitude of Okabe in the spoiler
while running with his cellphone and Akihabara still stays the same so unlike the D-mail the world line change is far less obvious in the eyes of Okabe. Once again that kid with his mother is rather strange and I wonder what is the meaning of that other than him playing with his train. Well I guess Okabe made it to Ruka place and she was so lovely being shy in the spoiler
it proves also there was no change in her gender since the blush was in response to going alone with Mayuri on a trip. Those shitty SERN people are spying again and the car looks so much like lancer evolution. What follows in the subway got further sad.

First of all the hand holding of Okabe x Mayuri in the spoiler
fortified their relationship
more than anything in the present. That was totally lovely and sweet. Here comes Nae and for some reason I saw someone pass her that indeed could be the one that made her trip on purpose towards Mayuri. That ultimately lead to another very T_T emotionally charged scene in the spoiler
although it was not that gruesome as the gun shot scene. Still Nae's face looks so innocent. Now a comparing of Nae's shocking expression with the one from the VN in the spoiler
looks to me like the VN one looks way better. So in the end we are heading for time line 3. I shall d-mind fuck this series next episode. Ha!

People! We have to stay strong! Mayuri may die a lot but that's only one world line!
We must be strong for Mayuri and have the ultimate hope that she will be alright somehow.

I shall write more later but we need to be strong. For Mayuri to get better.
Oosran said:
Edit: I'm so going to re-watch this episode every day until the next episode is out.
Somehow I find that implausible.
Yumekichi11Jun 29, 2011 8:20 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 28, 2011 2:29 PM

Mar 2011
Oldy said:
If you use dmail the time line where mayuri is dead will still exist but a new time line will be created where she doesnt die and oakrins concious will be in the world where she isnt dead.

Simply put with dmail everything will only change for okrain and not for the others.

And in the former episodes in okrains dream mayuri said something about the original mayuri and okarin in all the existant parallel words. That could be somehow related why you cant save mayuri in that world....

World lines is concept for all Time travels in Steins;Gate. I think.
I thought about that when i watched the episode. For Okarin in other World Line it won't change either. There is one Okarin - the main character. His consciousness travels through world lines, not his body. In other world line from where Okarin, the main charcter, came there different consciousness replaces the original. I think.
I hope I succeed to express my thougts clearly.

Jun 28, 2011 2:36 PM

Aug 2007
actually, as time leap sends memories to "past", doesn't it create another timeline? I mean, it's not like d-mail. i don't think that, when using time leap, okabe's consciousness travels the exact same way as when d-mail is used. i think it's just a different okabe in the past (and in a different timeline as well) that receives memories from the future? which makes him a copy of the okabe from the future.
Jun 28, 2011 2:36 PM
Sep 2009
Honestly, I have yet to find another show that gets my heart pounding as much as this one. It feels like I'm going to have a flipping heart attack~!

Anyway, it would appear that it's not so easy for one to change fate, as Okabe is finding out pretty quickly. Since this show is pretty smart, I think it's plausible to say that the next 11 episodes are not going to center around him repeating the same events over and over again (i.e., Endless Eight); he's going to have to come up with a better plan at some point.

Not to mention, the OP and ED seem to focus on Makise quite a bit, so she's definitely going to have to become even more pivotal than she already is sometime in the near-future~
Jun 28, 2011 2:37 PM
Sep 2009
Finjas said:
Oldy said:

World lines is concept for all Time travels in Steins;Gate. I think.
I thought about that when i watched the episode. For Okarin in other World Line it won't change either. There is one Okarin - the main character. His consciousness travels through world lines, not his body. In other world line from where Okarin, the main charcter, came there different consciousness replaces the original. I think.
I hope I succeed to express my thougts clearly.

Another factor in Okarin not wanting to use D-Mail is that every time he travels across world lines he feels less and less connected to the world he's in - because he hasn't had all the experiences of that world that the other characters have. Also I think that he would have to wait too long after Mayushi died for the time window where they can send D-Mail's, something might happen to him.

This and the last episode have been AMAZING watching but one thing confused me about this one. After Shining Finger hits Mayushi with her car and says "Okabe has been captured" or something to that effect, Okarin goes back and uses the time-leap, how does he escape her capture?
Jun 28, 2011 2:40 PM

Feb 2010
Seeing Mayuri die over and over is killing me.

All my rage.
Jun 28, 2011 2:41 PM

Jun 2009
He probably just punched her in the face...

Jun 28, 2011 2:42 PM

Oct 2010
Naelok said:
He needs to use a D-mail.

If he uses a D-Mail she still end up dying in this worldline and it will be out of his hands.
As it is he's actually leaping back to the exact same worldline instead of entering another.
Jun 28, 2011 2:44 PM

Aug 2007
and no one is mentioning suzuha. it seems she knows a lot of stuff and it seems she knew about the shooting before it happened - she ran away, but didn't tell anyone anything. she wanted to - but she knew she couldn't do anything to save them perhaps? so maybe suzuha time leaped as well ? she was extremely wary of kurisu from the beginning n stuff...
Jun 28, 2011 2:45 PM

Oct 2010
Suzuha is from the future, she's less than subtle with her hints of it through the entire series thus far.
Jun 28, 2011 2:49 PM

Mar 2011
BL2W said:
Honestly, I have yet to find another show that gets my heart pounding as much as this one. It feels like I'm going to have a flipping heart attack~!

Totally agree. last time i shat brix like this was when I watched 12th episode of fifth series of Doctor Who. but i haven't such experience with anime yet. Well, till now. :3

Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

549 by BekoX12 »»
Apr 12, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - May 3, 2011

280 by Mahmoud636363 »»
Apr 9, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

801 by diyezuurca »»
Apr 4, 9:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.