Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jul 29, 2013 1:41 AM

Jan 2011
Marathon over! Now time to catch the first four episodes of season 3 and any OVAs. So glad that I used the slack time in this season to catch up (the current shows I'm watching are very good, but I've cut down on the number since there are just too many SOL, all-female, series this season...).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 9, 2013 9:17 PM

Sep 2011
Loved the beginning, and the OST at the end. Overall, was a pretty average episode though.
Oct 13, 2013 3:48 PM

Mar 2010
This episode was... weird, but I liked it? 7/10 for the whole season. Season 3 next.
Nov 17, 2013 6:27 AM

Mar 2013
This anime has a great feel to me thanks Manglobe :)
Nov 17, 2013 1:05 PM

Feb 2013
I liked this episode even though it was a filler. When Keima was contemplating about his notion of an ideal game, it kinda reminds me of Rene Descartes doubting the existence of everything around him. XD

Overall, this season is slightly better than the last season.
7.8/10

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Dec 15, 2013 4:01 AM

Nov 2013
The girls art looked really weird.

Not a bad ending episode for this season
4/5
"I'm going to have to work harder to open your eyes, aren't I?" ~Erudito
"You're here because you want to feel like something you're not, a hero."
"Do you feel like a hero yet?" ~Konrad
Dec 31, 2013 4:21 AM

Aug 2009
Too bad that we wont see a proper arc for the girls in the ED.
May 21, 2014 2:51 PM

Aug 2013
Sometime, Keima can be so cool in one episode, then be the biggest weirdo/creeper I've never seen in the next one xD
Damn, Katsuragi, those flying yourself at the end were creepy.

The ''Girl Who Leapt Through Time'' crossover made me laugh so much!

Well, it was a weird season ending, but there's the third one already so it will not leave me on my hunger.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 22, 2014 8:41 AM

Jul 2009
Huh, that was ... interesting. So that game he picked up on sale comes back this episode ... oh and it was nice to see a glimpse of all the previous girls too :P I gotta agree with Haqua, that art is kinda weird XD
Hmm, so kinda talking about what matters in games ... I guess even an avid gamer like Keima doesn't know how to MAKE a game :P I mean there are so many things to take into consideration ... eventually he just trusts the company to do well eh XD
Third season preview during the ED! (Which also had Keima singing I think :O) Nice ... now to go download it XD Also it was nice to hear last season's OP again :3

Overall I think this season was better than the first, surprisingly enough ... I think the stories of the "conquests" were more interesting :P Plus the girls themselves were pretty awesome too. Of course everything else remained good (animation-wise, music, etc.) so I'm gonna have to go ahead and give this a 9/10 :D
Jul 19, 2014 5:04 PM

Nov 2012
ROFL!! I am always expecting an extraordinary ending for this season. I was right that the ending will impress me. Just like the previous season. The ending is really unique and extraordinary, also funny as hell!
Jul 23, 2014 11:57 AM

Feb 2013
I.....loved it....

8/10
unmemorableheroJul 23, 2014 12:33 PM
Jul 28, 2014 3:58 PM
Jul 2018
YOKKYUN!!! I LOVE YOU!!!! XD

Hilarious as hell.
Jul 29, 2014 6:22 PM

May 2014
He's EMPLOYED NOW... I hope. I wonder how the creation of his ideal game by B'Wares is going to go. The preview of the next season showed a swimmer, a knitter, a cute loli/chibi girl, and a maid iirc. I hope some romance develops, as it is subtly hinted when Katsuragi states that like the unexpected shine in B'wares crappy game, there might be an ideal path for him in real life.
4/5 Good.
Aug 16, 2014 12:12 AM

May 2014
Yotsuba's face is horrendous... looks deformed and probably the ugliest anime girl I've ever seen lmao

Anyways, done with this ep in about 16 minutes before going to sleep then onto the third(and last one atm) season in a few :3

cya

le swag 0ut
-BigDaddyYuriMan69
yyaziKAug 16, 2014 12:17 AM
Oct 1, 2014 12:28 AM

Feb 2013
Yokkyun isn't the anime heroine that anime needs but the one that it deserves. lol

It was to see all of the girls that Keima has "conquered".

Kasuga at 6:15. She's the karate captain.

Jun at 6:38. She's the student teacher. What's she doing in a convenient store?

Aoyama at 9:00. She's the twin tails blonde from the first season. NIce to see that she's doing well.

Shiori at 9:40. She's the library girl.

This episode is titled "Summer Wars" which I think is a obvious reference to the movie "Summer Wars". Also at 10:13, that is a obvious reference to the movie "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time". Both of these movies are directed by both the same director, Mamoru Hosoda. Both are amazing movies are a definitely a must watch.

It looks like we see some short glimpses of future girls.

A blonde girl looking through a telescope.

A swimmer.

A little girl.

A girl who works at a restaurant.

And a girl with hair loopies. She appears to have a angel side of her?

Season 3 seems like it gonna be good!

Overall a great episode!
Oct 27, 2014 3:16 PM

Jul 2011
I laughed way more than I should have this episode. Loved seeing all of the girls, really hoping that they somehow come and play a role in the future episodes...which I highly doubt considering there are 5 new girls he has to conquer.

Oh well, can't wait for season 3. I've been watching at such a slow pace the past few months...sigh, I'll never watch everything on my watchlist at this rate T.T
Nov 4, 2014 12:57 PM
gokigenyou~

May 2013
That was an absolute atrocity. I stopped a little more than half-way through. Great series, but they need to keep these bullshit filler episodes out of the adaptation

Nov 19, 2014 7:04 AM

Jun 2014
some of the heroine arc weren't animated, 12 episodes aren't enough
Nov 19, 2014 7:10 AM

Jun 2014
LivingGoatWhore said:
That was an absolute atrocity. I stopped a little more than half-way through. Great series, but they need to keep these bullshit filler episodes out of the adaptation

It's not actually filler, this was actually happened in the manga.
Jan 3, 2015 10:15 PM

Sep 2014
Vastly superior to season 1; Id give it a 9, but episode 12 felt like an odd place to end the season (and the episode itself sucked)

The girls were much more interesting this time around: I found the library girl boring and her arc was too long and I didnt even recognize the runner girl at first because she was so forgettable
Jan 13, 2015 11:47 AM
May 2013
mowatman said:
The Gundam part made this the best episode.

6/5 just for that .
One of the best episodes so far .
Feb 17, 2015 12:29 AM

Aug 2013
This ending almost felt more like an OVA, good thing I haven't watched the third season yet.

Though, I don't think any girl can knock down ultimate waifu Nagase from the top spot.

1. Nagase
2. Kanon
3. Kasuga
Jul 9, 2015 5:22 AM

May 2015
Episode was kind of boring, but the end made up for it. And the random appearances of previous conquered girls. Ready for the next season. (^:
Aug 25, 2015 10:25 AM

Jun 2012
Lol, the Girl Who Leapt Through Time haha. I was soo happy to hear Tange Sakura again! Yokkyun!!

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Oct 14, 2015 11:34 PM

Jul 2014
LOLED SO HARD IN THIS EPISODE. Yokkyun!~ "She's such a good girl. Please....stop..." fucking dead. LMAO Funniest by far. Its pretty crazy though that this game that he picked up for clearance ended up changing his perspective so much. aWESOME seeing all of the girls that Keima "conquered" until this point. Amazing ending to an amazing season of an amazing anime.

"The real world is just a crappy game. The ideal world can only be found in a game. Such was my belief. But if an ideal can be found within a crappy game, there may be an ideal route in the real world for me to discover." hELL Yes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2015 2:22 PM

Sep 2014
This Episode was Amazing.
I was soo Happy to see season 1 Girls again especially Shiori and Mio.
I have high expectations for Season 3.
Dec 19, 2015 6:59 AM

Dec 2010
This episode pretty much summed up the inner conflict I go through each time I try to brainstorm on the production of an ideal game, RPG or a book.

**Will touch on the season overall assessment later**
Dec 28, 2015 10:53 AM

Nov 2011
This final ep was better than the last one. This season is better than the first, the girls were more complex and Keima had to dig a bit deeper, unfortunately not much about the background of the loose souls, i thought Haqua's introduction was the queue for that but she got far too little screen time. 6.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 25, 2016 6:06 PM

Dec 2013
This was a weird episode. Keima has some weird tastes.

Preview of the next season has gotten me interested.

Overall another enjoyable season. Chihiro arc was definitely the best part.
Jul 20, 2016 4:07 PM

Jun 2013
A definite improvement over s1 - the gags have improved visually, In this season the "targets" have more investment due to more screen time in general. Improved production values too.

6/10
Imagine a berserk anime by Yoshiaki kawajiri at Madhouse.

Now take a look at Berserk (2016).

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO CRY.
Sep 30, 2016 9:18 PM
Jul 2018
This was a good episode to complete the second season. An episode based on ideals. Ideals that can be created and found through dating simulations. To which, Keima's response to the gaming company that messaged him through his PFP, was to 'please create a good game' that would satisfy his ideals. He seemed to have been confused as to what to write back to them regarding how he would like the see in the next game they were making. He could have just rhymed off all his ideals... things he looks for within a dating sim... so that the game would be basically a game designed for him, and people of like mindedness.

The world he considers a crappy dating simulator, but that ideals can be found within the real world if discovered. But until discovered... at least these ideals could be found within the dating sims that he loved so much.

Can't wait to continue the final season tomorrow to see what else this series has to say!
Dec 5, 2016 1:33 PM

Nov 2016
Pretty good season, I wanted to see more haqua. And this episode was kinda funny but felt like a filler.anyway
10/10 ;P
Jan 20, 2017 12:33 PM

Dec 2008
The ultimate flag colector galge, harem blah blah show keeps getting better every season. THis one gets a 6.5/10 in my view. Hopefully the momentum keeps building! FINGERS CROSSED!!! ^~^
Mar 5, 2020 8:23 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I really Surprise, this good show was here long ago. Sadly, i found it by now, and felt sorry for my past. Dang!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 6, 2020 6:02 PM

Dec 2019
Lmao out of all the girls he kissed he fell for Yokkyun well it was a good episode to close season 2 looking forward to season 3.
                                                         🖤   

Jun 15, 2020 6:34 PM

May 2020
Aaaaa need more Haqua screentime, and also why Yokkyun out of all the girls lels. Season 3 letgoooo~
Feb 14, 2021 2:28 PM
Jan 2020
Well time to see the third season,here I come!!
May 8, 2021 3:20 PM

Mar 2019
Oh man, this season was soooo good. Amazing reference to Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo btw.

The only part that was somewhat annoying was the haqua one because I knew what would happen but even then, it wasn't something bad. I was ok with it. BUT OMG, THE CHIHIRO ARC AND NOW THIS ENDING!!! The moment when Keima said "I see it...the ending" was pure hype.

Putting "God only knows" as the ending song was THE BEST decision. The cliffhanger was also on point and I loved it. Especially this girl, for some reason. I know it's the Tenri arc but the way her reflection looks is just creepy and great. Keima might just go in my favorites list, I love everything about him. I like how we saw every girl that appeared in season 1 and this season during Keima's playthrough. I never know what to expect with every last episode of TWGOK, it was the same with last season. Liked this a lot.

Now, I'll go read the manga, catch up to season 2 and then continue with it while watching the anime. Can't wait to reach the goddesses arc.

Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 16, 2022 7:38 PM

Aug 2017
Didn't like yokkyun. But I like the TSUNDERE Haqua

Savvyannah said:
Aaaaa need more Haqua screentime, and also why Yokkyun out of all the girls lels. Season 3 letgoooo~
Yeah Haqua is amazing
Sep 24, 2022 6:40 AM

Aug 2020
Bit of an odd ending, not the typical season finale. But nice touch that all the girls from the previous arcs made an appearance, and putting season one OP in the ending was great. Also a nice teaser with Tenri making an appearance.
Mar 1, 2023 3:26 AM
Apr 2022
yokkyun best girl
Apr 18, 2023 3:59 PM

Aug 2014
This teacher arc I was mostly uninterested.   The fact that she was a student-teacher kinda watered down the spiciness of a real teacher and student relationship. 

I also didnt care for the first arc of the girl who likes cute stuff. I was just bored with the anime with the pointless girls by then. 

As for this season 2, The only two good things I can take away from it is that Haqua is adorable and she seems like she will be an important character in season 3, and that the Chihiro arc was well-done since it was very different. 

But again, the whole reset-rinse-repeat formula can get pretty tiring soon. 
oooo3333May 14, 2023 9:50 PM
Jul 11, 2023 9:56 PM
May 2017
WTF WAS THIS DATING SIM EOE ENDING!
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 23, 2011

130 by brunoyilli »»
Feb 13, 2:58 AM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 20, 2011

147 by almightybismarck »»
Jul 11, 2023 9:25 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 13, 2011

86 by almightybismarck »»
Jul 10, 2023 10:18 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 6, 2011

107 by almightybismarck »»
Jul 10, 2023 9:16 AM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 30, 2011

135 by almightybismarck »»
Jul 10, 2023 8:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.