MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Hanasaku Iroha Episode 13 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Hanasaku Iroha »» Hanasaku Iroha Episode 13 Discussion

Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha Episode 13 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

154 72.30%
4 out of 5: Liked it

47 22.07%
3 out of 5: It was OK

10 4.69%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

2 0.94%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 213

06-26-11, 7:43 PM

Orulyon said:
wait...isnt something wrong here? it was her who dumped Ko, not Ko who dumped her!

Not really but I can understand why you though so.

Ohana understood that she was actually making Ko's love unrequited by not giving him an answer, she think that she hurt him and caused him many problems.
She think her love is half assed, she think that she isn't worth him at least for now so she asked him to not follow her.
Ko said alright to not following her which can be understood as a rejection.

Ko obviously like her, the problem is that Ohana isn't able to properly say what she think because she think that she'll cause trouble.

06-26-11, 7:50 PM

At this point I don't really care how the whole Ko situation works out, but she needs to tell him SOMETHING either way. It drives me crazy that she has all these internal dialogues about her and Ko, but when they get together there are hardly any words exchanged and Ohana plays out her story in her mind.

Think about what kind of response Ko actually got from Ohana. She said pretty much nothing of consequence to him, then ran off - again, leaving him in limbo. Even if YOU think it's over, have the common courtesy to tell the other person. Ko still put the confession out there and there should be some sort of definitive answer either way (and no, yelling it to the sky doesn't count).

I still like the show but Ohana is getting on my nerves because of things like this.

06-26-11, 7:53 PM

I don't think it will over for Ohana & Ko but the story is not really focus on romance what someone said here.
She even said that she won't give up Ko so the romance between them will still continue.
There is about 13 episodes left!
She won't go back to Tokyo.

I am really like this episode thought, love Ohana mother.
Drunk for just soda?
I am drinking a lot of Soda won't get drunk for just that lol.
Probably soda with a little alcohol, I wonder if it's even possible to get drunk by soda.

ProBlackbird.Wordpress.com - Check out my Blog

06-26-11, 8:07 PM

Interpert this however you guys want, but this is my take on it:

"I'm not giving up." = well...not giving up

"I don't want to keep him at my beck and call anymore." = I know I've got to let it go.

Now, "giving up" and "letting go" are two TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS.

Giving up is when you know there is no chance. Basically: OH SCREW IT, IT AIN'T GONNA WORK. I'MA RETURN TO MY ROOM AND CRY MY EYES OUT.

And letting go is: I know know I love him and he loves me. But its not going to work because instead of doing us both good, I would only end up hurting him and he hurting me. Its best to let it go while we're both still on good terms.

I think that's what Ohana meant. She's not giving up Ko, because she knows its better to let him go. Because deep down, she knows they'll just end up hurting each other.

Anyway, that's just my take on it.

06-26-11, 8:28 PM

That's Japanese culture. They tend to take career over relationships, and both sides tend to understand each other.

Love hate relationships, I never really get tired of them.

06-26-11, 8:58 PM

How is it possible for Ohana to get drunk just from drinking soda? That's just weird.

06-26-11, 9:05 PM

Bean man blushes to a guy hugging him, weird. Getting drunk from soda, wondering how its even possible. So much for Ko's chance of being with Ohana, that idea just went down and will probably not come back.

06-26-11, 9:41 PM

Am I the only one who loved Renji's grin at Tomoe scolding the pervert?

06-26-11, 9:48 PM

AstuteOtaku said:
Am I the only one who loved Renji's grin at Tomoe scolding the pervert?
Nope! I noticed it too. Seems he might like MILFs like Satsuki or has a similar fetish to collarbones like Mr. Novelist.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

06-26-11, 9:56 PM

Glad to see the family are starting to get over their issues. Key word being "starting", but nothing like that is ever solved quickly.

The mother seems interesting. I'd probably like her a lot more if she weren't so annoying.

06-26-11, 10:54 PM

How many times did he get slapped?

06-26-11, 11:16 PM
Anime Moderator
ayeyosteven said:
How many times did he get slapped?

So as far as I can tell, Itou Kanae voiced young Satsuki, and Honda Takako voiced young Sui. Great way of showing how the mothers and daughters are alike.
Modified by arsonal, 06-26-11, 11:20 PM
TL Notes: Some information are worth more than a simple note from the translator.

06-26-11, 11:58 PM

heart warming eps

can't wait for next week

Nako ~~

06-27-11, 3:24 AM

Now it looks over between Ohana and Ko possible for Ohana to end up with no one like her mother.

06-27-11, 7:46 AM

Hmm, i wonder with they will ever mention about ohana's dad since the mom doesnt look like one to keep a relationship.

06-27-11, 9:08 AM

One minor thing that bugs me about this show (probably the only thing actually), people are really quick to forgive. Ohana didn't exactly come to the inn with open arms, but within a few episodes she was everyone's favorite. Now Satsuki comes along, the daughter who was disowned by her mother, and in a matter of hours, everything is fine and dandy as if that was never the case. It's not gonna make or break anything for the series, just seems kind of silly.

06-27-11, 9:14 AM

Wonderful episode and caps off the first half really well. I'm expecting a new opening next. :D

06-27-11, 9:18 AM
Forum Moderator
Iilia said:
Aversa said:
Depends how you look on it she was drinking soda's after all.
Tho in my country Ohana is old enough to drink alcohol so from that perspective i don't consider her underage.
Wait, isn't Ohana 16? In what country can you drink at 16? o.O
There several country's that allow you to drink at the age of 16 there are even some country's that don't have a law about drinking age at all.
And some country's like mine have a age that you need to be in order to by alcohol but no age for drinking it.
There huge differences between drinking laws between country's and there is even a Wikipedia page about it.

Keep in mind that in most country's without a drinking law it's still considered taboo for young children to drink alcohol and it's generally up to the guardian wether children are allowed to drink or not.

06-27-11, 1:40 PM

alrite looking forward to that fan service ep, looks like it that way anyways

06-27-11, 2:48 PM
News Team
Yumekichi11 said:
Well that was pretty wild of Satsuki to do to Nako in the following,

almost a yuri kiss there but we all know Satsuki is such a MILF tease.

She was not going to kiss her there. She's just seeing her beautiful eyes and was praising her (+ getting near and take a closer look more).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices