MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Tiger & Bunny Episode 13 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Tiger & Bunny »» Tiger & Bunny Episode 13 Discussion

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Tiger & Bunny Episode 13 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

112 84.21%
4 out of 5: Liked it

13 9.77%
3 out of 5: It was OK

8 6.02%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 133

06-25-11, 12:32 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First thing I thought when I heard what Kotetsu thought Jake's power was was "Wow, he's an idiot". Then I thought about it a bit more, and it made sense that he was being deliberate about deceiving Barnaby to fool Jake. The end result was quite nice.

It was also very cool, if a little bit of a leap, to see that the other 3 managed to take down a mech brigade each. This has been a pretty great halfway climax.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net

06-25-11, 1:32 PM

As long as Blue Rose got screen time I can live a happy man for another week.

06-25-11, 2:05 PM

I lol'd so hard when Jake sliced the tail off his own rescue chopper XD

06-25-11, 2:12 PM

Wasn't really feeling it this episode, the previous two felt more compelling. Maybe because I'm in a nasty mood today. Jake was still entertaining at least, and Fire Emblem is funny with his ridiculous stereotyping.

06-25-11, 3:58 PM

Yay! Nobody died and everything turned out ok!

06-25-11, 5:51 PM

A little too soft for what they were building up to, and ultimately seems uneventful considering Barnaby didn't really get any answers about why Jake attacked his parents.

It wouldn't be a leap to assume Jake will make another appearance and Lunatic will be involved, but I was hoping that would have happened now. The next half of the season seems like it will be a retread of the previous half if there isn't another event right away.

06-25-11, 6:17 PM

For once (and only?), Kotetsu was the smartest guy on the show. He was great, which made me sad that he got zero recognition for it, even among his peers (though I think they were probably purposely giving him a hard time).
IceAndCream said:
I lol'd so hard when Jake sliced the tail off his own rescue chopper XD
Same here. I loved it! Also thought the conversation between Blue Rose, Fire Emblem and Dragon Kid was quite funny.

Great conclusion to this arc and looks like we'll have an action-light but romance-heavy (well, for this show) episode next week.

06-25-11, 8:04 PM

Watching this episode has truly been a magical experience for me.
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.

06-25-11, 8:20 PM

Aw, I loved this episode. I knew as soon as it began that Jake was never in a million years going to be the main villain, he holds less status than Lunatic (who is only an antihero). Besides, Ouroborus was far from destroyed and I am pretty certain from last episode onward that Jake did in fact NOT kill Barnaby's parents, I think it was someone else in Ouroborus (which is probably an international multi-faceted organisation).

Also, the Ouroborus represents continual destruction and renewal, in other words, they are people who desire to recreate the world into something knew by devouring the old. The sword through the middle could represent that they will cut the eternal cycle at their location of choice or it could symbolise their method of renewal (the sword being a symbol of violence).

So to those people who think this was a disappointment, you all are really selling yourselves short, this story is going far deeper, and please remember that the "filler" "episodic" storylines each laid something in place for the current arc, and that is what the next 3-5 episodes will probably do as well.

And to all the other cast members I say... "STOP MESSING WITH TIGER AND GIVE HIM A FREAKING COMPLIMENT!!! It's not as funny as you think. grr-"

Uniju said:
Watching this episode has truly been a magical experience for me.

Finally, someone who realises the brilliance of this series. In Japan this is the number one series airing this year (not counting long running shounens that have run and will continue to run), it's got far more things going for it that against it.

Now, as for the next episode, looks like Kotetsu and Karina are in ballet class? Or she's giving him dance lessons maybe? Karina better be careful, because if the Producer notices that she likes Tiger, she is going to be all over it for the ratings potential.

Lol at when Kotetsu gave the episode announcement "Love is Blind! ...L-Lo-Love?!?! Can I just say to any currently existing doubters, I TOLD YOU SO!!! I noticed it in episode 1 ha! And now Nathan knows too judging by that look he gave Blue Rose when she was yelling at Kotetsu to stay on the bed.

(I will force myself not to comment on the last part of that sentence... must... not... comment.)

Anyway, yet again it is an interesting twist, normally Barnaby would be the type to get the girls riled up, but it seems Karina has a thing for experience rather that looks (smart girl). Though many people keep calling it a crush, let me define the term "crush". A crush is:

Puppy love is a very widespread experience in the process of growing up. The object of attachment may be a peer but the term can also be used to describe the fondness of a child for an adult. Some consider that in puppy love 'usually the object of such infatuation is some highly idealised person who is some years older and typically the sufferer 'greatly moved with emotion...spend(s) much time in daydreams and wishful fantasies' about them. (-Wikipedia)

Particularly the places in bold, does Blue Rose seem to be suffering these symptoms? I think we've moved into "Like" or "Attracted" category. She has not fallen in love, that's for sure, but she does show that she cares for his well being to the point of scolding him and worrying about him. She may have a respect for him, but it's not his position or his accomplishments (look at all her put downs), it's his personality. It's still a bit odd that he is 11-13 years older (Kotetsu is 29-ish and Karina is 16-18), but in a few years, who knows? (my parents had a pretty big age gap too, so maybe I'm a bit biased. Though now my mom feels a tiny bit weird that she's married to a man in his sixties now. lol)

Oh wow... I'm getting far to into the relationship sector of shows... a sign I have been in fanbases far too long.
Modified by AstuteOtaku, 06-25-11, 8:24 PM

06-25-11, 8:58 PM

kotetsu is a genius too bad he got like no recognition at all :(

06-25-11, 9:02 PM

this episode is great enough....XD

06-25-11, 9:07 PM

thenube74 said:
kotetsu is a genius too bad he got like no recognition at all :(

I wouldn't exactly call Kotetsu a genius since Jake slipped and called him his actual name and then hinted later he had another power. I think most of the comments mentioned he could read minds from the way he predicted moves (at least I did) and most people noticed that he called him Kotetsu too.

06-25-11, 10:01 PM

>Kotetsu-san

i died.

06-25-11, 10:04 PM

The day when Kotetsu gets some decent praise and everyone recognizes his awesomeness is the day I do my happy dance.

06-25-11, 10:23 PM

So, did Kotetsu make that fail kick last episode because he had already figured out Jake was reading his mind? They sort of brushed that aside at the beginning, but he said that he knew when Jake called him Kotetsu...

Loved Lunatic's appearance at the end.

06-25-11, 10:31 PM

I lol'ed at first thinking Tiger was an idiot but he tricked Jake. Super Hearing? HAHA .... everyone was thinking this guy really is an idiot. so THAT IDIOT MAYOR, and Barnaby get all the credit when Tiger gets NOTHING? really? that poor guy gets cut no slack. he discovered how to beat him and gave the direct assist, when he's hurt pretty bad.

fucking Tsundere Bunny lol. >Kotetsu-san.

a little too much bromance.

06-25-11, 10:38 PM

Tiger still got no compliment while the useless Mayor suddenly became "Hero"!? Seriously!?

06-25-11, 11:01 PM

Cant wait for next episode. Looks like some development between Blue Rose and Tiger, however i dont think they'll end up together though thats just how i see this series as, development but no end result

06-25-11, 11:11 PM

Yay! A very satisfying ending to this arc! Guess no answers for Barnaby about his parents though, but I'm sure Ourabouros will pop up again soon enough. D:

All them Bunny/Tiger moments make for a happy fangirl. 8D 8D 8D
Bunny calling Tiger "Kotetsu-san" instead of ojiisan was all the recognition Tiger needed. 8D

Next ep. should be a fun one! I was totally crushing on a man 9 years older than me (in his 30's) so I don't think it's that awkward,unbelievable. xD;;

06-25-11, 11:28 PM

kind of butthurt tiger didn't get the credit he deserved. :I hmph.

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices