Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 29, 2011 4:33 AM
Jul 2008
that was short episode..
i think overall of the episodes are very short..
in the beginning still nice but it's going down..
but i like it at the end.. nice ending..
hopefully for the second season/OVA
Jun 29, 2011 8:56 PM

Aug 2009
I liked how they ended it. If they make another season that would be great.If not then at least it ended well. If they do make a second hopefull they will bring Becky and Nanami along with Cinque to Flonyard
Jun 29, 2011 10:17 PM

Aug 2009
Average show at best. I'm looking forward to a possible second season.
-Fixing-
Jun 30, 2011 3:52 AM

Jun 2008
I saw no hint for a second season at all. Where to you people see that? It seems more like a happy ending to the story and a close. Sure they can easily make a sequel but indications that they actually plan to make one where not given.
Anyway i don't think it needs a sequel really.
Jun 30, 2011 10:29 AM

Oct 2010
Monad said:
I saw no hint for a second season at all. Where to you people see that? It seems more like a happy ending to the story and a close. Sure they can easily make a sequel but indications that they actually plan to make one where not given.
I don't feel like proving this but the ring Paladion established a link between the 2 worlds.

The dog coming back is another sign.

There is also the vow that was fulfilled which means Shinku may come back. They may do one or they may not. Remains to be seen.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 30, 2011 11:35 AM
Jun 2008
They probably left it open like that and depending on BD sales they'll make a second season... i hope they do
Jun 30, 2011 1:05 PM

Mar 2008
Quite a funny anime in the end. It'll most likely get a second season soon :)
Jul 1, 2011 2:31 AM

Jul 2011
I like it overall..

I like The ending song of the 13 episode...

Anyone knows it?
Jul 1, 2011 3:51 AM

Jul 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Monad said:
I don't feel like proving this but the ring Paladion established a link between the 2 worlds.

There is also the vow that was fulfilled which means Shinku may come back. They may do one or they may not. Remains to be seen.

I think those things just point to what Monad said: an ending that had closure and was happy. Yes, Shinku will go back, and he may bring Becky. But it doesn't mean there will be a sequel.
Jul 1, 2011 10:15 AM

Aug 2009
lame ending
Jul 1, 2011 10:01 PM

Nov 2007
If Shinku brings his friend back with him it will be a love square lol.

Anyways I really enjoyed the final episode and I'm glad Shinku got his memories back.
Jul 2, 2011 6:30 AM

Oct 2010
GarLogan78 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Monad said:

I think those things just point to what Monad said: an ending that had closure and was happy. Yes, Shinku will go back, and he may bring Becky. But it doesn't mean there will be a sequel.
OK, yeah it does not mean there will be a sequel but it also means that there could be one done in the future because the possibility is there wide open.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 3, 2011 4:25 AM

Jan 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
GarLogan78 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Monad said:

OK, yeah it does not mean there will be a sequel but it also means that there could be one done in the future because the possibility is there wide open.

The ending reminded me of the first Nanoha season finale. It's a nice and fitting conclussion to the whole season, but it also leaves the door open to a second one if they decide to continue from that point.
And since it's the same studio the possibilty is even higher but it still depends on the DVD/BD sales.
Jul 7, 2011 4:00 AM
Jan 2011
i was a bit skeptical when this started myself, but it did get better which i was surprised about, just when i was about to drop it, it would be nice to get a second season seems to be a lot of stuff they could expand on, new kingdoms and new characters, so let hope there's another series.
Jul 7, 2011 9:15 PM

Jun 2011
Well, still shocked by the fact that after there was some blood and some actually decent action I sort of started to like this anime (took a while, but yeah).
Wouldn't mind a second season.
Also, in this case I guess I can't do anything but to approve of this 'happy' ending.
If he had not even got his memories back it would've probably felt like he did all of that for nothing anyway.. which would've been a waste of time.
The joke's on you wolf, the pigs are cannibals..~
Jul 22, 2011 9:43 AM

Aug 2008
So ends a very cute, but vapid series. The keyword for this show would be... Inconsequential. Everyone was saved, everything was handled smoothly in one way or another. And though it was feigned throughout most of the show; the ambiguous harem was once again flaunted in another series. I think I finally know why it is bad to have your cake and eat it, too. It makes for a lack of drama.

Jul 27, 2011 10:44 AM

Apr 2008
Gave this a 7.
At first I was thinking this would be the spring season`s worst anime, but then I continued to watch and it turned out to be fun to watch.
The scene where Shinku(or whatever his name is) was getting the Princess to give paw and such was hillarious and stupid though, that was in ep 12 I think :P

Jul 30, 2011 10:36 AM

Jan 2008
There must have been a mistake. Leo's second Holy Sword wasn't called ExMachina. It was Deus Ex Machina... cause that's what that ending was. He just happnes to leave the exact number of items and just happenes to leave just the right letter. Come on... there's only so much coicidence BS I can take.
Aug 9, 2011 6:01 PM

Nov 2010
Loved it, here's to hoping that a second season is in the works.
Aug 26, 2011 3:52 PM

Jul 2010
Dog Days was a really nice and heartwarming anime and I hope that a second season will be announced especially cause I want to see more of Millhi-chan and the rest of the characters that were so MOE! O.O
Sep 6, 2011 6:10 PM

Jul 2010
i like the new girl, the rival, if she came to the other world she would definitly be a rival to eclair, in more ways than one.
also shinku has to succeed the fox/dog girls demon slaying stuff.
i'm definitly gonna miss gaul and his 3 bakas, those guys are so AWESOME!!

Nov 5, 2011 6:53 AM

Aug 2010
Oh wow...I mean, I knew there would be some sudden cop out ending to allow the hero to come back, and I would not have minded it, but the way it was executed is beyond horrible. I can't imagine how the people responsible said okay to the script. Not to mention the undeveloped love between him and Milhi. They had like two walks in the morning... 2/5.

I enjoyed this anime more than I expected (minus the ending), I'm definitely going to check out the next season. 6/10.
Nov 8, 2011 7:38 AM

Jul 2011
I got a question. I watched the entire season. How is this rated R? Seriously? I would have rated it PG. Or PG-13. The violence has been minimal with no gore, the language used is tame. The only reason I'd give it a PG-13 rating is because of some fan service shots, but even that is minimal and tame as well in comparison. Can some one explain to me why this show was rated R? Was it based of an eroge or something?
Dec 7, 2011 12:20 PM

Nov 2011
How come that dog can go between worlds no problem, but no one else seems to be able to? I'm jealous! And I wouldn't mind watch an OVA if there is one =P.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Dec 31, 2011 7:17 PM
Nov 2011
SwordWielder said:
Paladion returns to Cinque and he remembers again... interesting...So it's because he ?left some thiings behind that he is still able to remember I think.

Yes, mostly due to his 'keepsake' giving that Floppy-ears disliked because it led her to the realization that he wouldn't be able to come back, but, was in fact the large majority of the reason that he would be able to come back.

The memories were 'locked' but he was able to regain them, because he left desiring to come back, whilst also him loving the Original Summoner, and her loving him as well.

Hope this helps, if you read it, if not, I hope it helps someone else

*Edit- had to many 'in facts' made it cumbersome and silly-looking, removed offending 'in facts'

Mar 20, 2012 4:49 PM

Feb 2011
Hopefully in the second season with his love for the princess he will choose to remain in her world. If he brings becky things are going to be weird she seems to be harboring some feelings for him but he has already told the princess that he loves her, are we going to have another zero no tsukaima where we have to forget about the romantic developments in the past season/s?
KidNemoMar 20, 2012 4:54 PM
Apr 4, 2012 10:27 PM

Nov 2011
Didn't really like it so probably won't check out season 2 although I did enjoy the final episode somewhat.
Apr 5, 2012 7:40 AM

Mar 2009
not bad~ lets w8 for season 2 :D
May 5, 2012 8:52 PM

Mar 2009
underrated show
Jul 2, 2012 4:40 AM

Jan 2011
Barky said:
underrated show

This.

I loved this, it's been quite some time since I really felt emotions when watching a show.
The generic start wasn't that good idea, but it got better every episode.
I can't wait for the second season.
8/10.
loliowoSep 30, 2012 12:52 AM
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 13, 2012 11:51 PM
Aug 2010
Wow....this has to be the most convenient ending I have ever seen in an anime.

Unbelievable that Shinku was able to meet all the requirements without knowing about them beforehand....WOW, that was incredible screenwriting by the writers of this anime.

Seriously though, this anime had great animation and fun characters, that's about it.

While it is a nice anime to watch by sitting back and relaxing, the "plot" is on a very low scale and the makers don't seem to put much effort on it.

Well whatever, 7/10....Unto Season 2!
Sep 25, 2012 3:26 PM

Aug 2011
Well, I'm satisfied that Cinque and Milhi confessed their love for each other at the last possible moment, it was heading that way no matter what anyways.

I'm a little annoyed that he just so happened to fulfill every single requirement to return without even knowing it, down to the exact letter (pun intended) but this is a happy go lucky show and I'm really glad that he regained his memories and is able to return.

I didn't know what to expect with Dog Days, heck even the title makes me think of the opposite of what it turned out to be. I'm very happy that I picked this one up, the art was comforting in that it's vibrant and the characters have just the right amount of moe to make me feel delighted. Quality of animation was unexpectedly good during some battles and I loved the music by Milhi and the ED especially.

It's heartwarming and innocent. A joyful 8/10. Loved it.
Sep 30, 2012 10:04 PM

Sep 2011
Amazing last episode! Looking forward to the next season! :D
Oct 17, 2012 8:38 AM

Jan 2011
of course Shinku can be summoned again, this show not suppose to have sad ending

was fun and cute all the way, did not expect myself to enjoy much but i did :)
Nov 25, 2012 4:00 PM

Apr 2010
it was great,
but the coinicide of him completing everything to return was just too cheesy for me
"Do not consider yourself deprived because your dreams were not fulfilled; the truly deprived have never dreams."
-Marie von Ebner
Dec 3, 2012 7:31 AM

Aug 2012
Just completed it... won't bother watching more of it. Well, at least it wasn't the worst piece of garbage I've seen~
Dec 5, 2012 10:50 AM

Jun 2012
Heh that was pretty entertaining, ecchi and comedy was good. Pretty fucking moe too. Second season seems to be even more popular, cant wait to check it out.

9/10
Apr 6, 2013 8:50 PM

Mar 2013
My only gripes were the pacing towards the final episodes, as well as the cliche super-convenient ending, but this anime was an adventure worth going on, for sure.
8/10
Jun 20, 2013 5:03 AM

Feb 2011
Kinda loved the show , good ending . 9/10 Overall
Jan 9, 2014 1:18 AM

Nov 2010
Love the first season. gonna watch the rest sometime.

7/10
Feb 12, 2014 2:00 AM

Aug 2013
It was pretty decent.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 13, 2014 2:49 AM

Jun 2014
This went from a show I nearly dropped to one of my favorites. Not top 5, but top 15 or 10.
This show made me smile and actually laugh out loud more then once.
Given as I am posting this from the future compared to most of the comments here, knowing there is a SECOND and even a THIRD season waiting for me makes me so excited I can barely contain it.

As for the last episode, one of the best final episodes of a show ever. Perfectly wrapped everything up, and allowed for an easy transition to the next season.
I can't wait to start season 2.
Also, Sinku X Eclair OTP
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Jan 25, 2015 8:09 AM

Aug 2014
The last one was very emotional to everyone. Since the Hero left the other world of Milhi, we had the feeling of what will be happen for next season...
I love this one, so the next will enjoyable too! :D
Of course this anime is fantastic!
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 30, 2015 10:01 PM

Jul 2012
this wasn't bad but it wasn't good at all. bland everything even with miyano mamoru (the god) voicing the MC, it was still crap.

5/10

is the next season better? give me input, guys.
Mar 22, 2015 6:09 PM

Nov 2009
That was a nice happy ending, Overall I liked this show although it didnt do anything extraordinary the show was good at what it did and was executed pretty well.

7/10
Aug 27, 2015 6:02 PM
Sep 2014
I feel so cheated. I need to stop looking at recommendation page.
The ending is so convenient, who would say that he will meet all requirements by just pure luck and for his return to his world and for his memory return. Also for return to wonderland.

Story is retarded, most of the episodes are boring. The reason behind the fight is just, eh.
So, she have seen the way and place where other princess would die but yet she still brought her there. My fuc?ing god, couldnt you just pick another place for your fight? THat 100% correct future would already be changed :S

If would say nothing if this show was just a classic harem-super ecchi anime. But this aiming for wide public is just boring.
NarcoAug 27, 2015 6:10 PM
Feb 27, 2016 8:12 AM

Dec 2012
All's well that ends well, huh? Definitely expected, but still made for a satisfying conclusion. That moment when Shinku's eyes lit up when he put on the ring gave it a nice touch. The idea that Millhi and Shinku now have a promise to look forward to.

Certainly a fun show. Initially I was a little skeptical, but Shinku made for a likable MC right away. He was really energetic and full of vitality. The fights were really fun to watch, lovely visuals. Even at the very end, they were able to put on one last good show-off with Nanami and Shinku sparring. The contrast between the lighthearted, fluffiness of the wars and the danger that came with the demon felt right. In general, this series just has a real feel good atmosphere and gave me good vibes. The biggest thing I took away from Dog Days was its spark of adventure and how Shinku steps right on in without reserve. Sometimes the best way to deal with the unknown is to just go for it and have a blast.

7/10
Oct 9, 2017 11:07 AM

Apr 2013
What a coincidence, he actually did everything that was required for him to return without knowing... yeah right xD
Still a fine show, looking forward to season 2. 6/10
Jan 29, 2018 6:54 AM

Sep 2012
S3 Nanami (Izumi's cousin rival) is being summoned as Leo's hero & Izumi has to fight against her, i so small clip of S3, but maybe she visits that world in S2 to, but i heard S2 is more about their daily lives so no battles or maybe few

7/10
Jul 4, 2019 5:41 PM

Nov 2016
Not quite what I had in mind, but this conclusion makes sense with the prospect of a second season.

Overall a pretty great watch. Definitely a feel good series through and through that even managed to get me emotional at times.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dog Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 11, 2011

65 by ZenielDanaku »»
Feb 3, 1:43 PM

» Why the heck is the animation looks good in this anime??

RjtheGreat14 - Jul 26, 2023

8 by SurgingSoulZX »»
Sep 22, 2023 8:57 PM

» will Dogdays get seaon 4 or it was canceled after season 3 finished airing

FL-SYNC - Apr 21, 2023

3 by Dorkave »»
Jun 9, 2023 6:56 PM

» Does dog days have any romance?

FlamingMangos - Feb 26, 2014

5 by Prizma10 »»
Dec 30, 2021 10:39 PM

Poll: » Dog Days Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

heidurzo - Apr 24, 2011

66 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Dec 23, 2021 3:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.