Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 25, 2011 10:07 PM
May 2011
dont get me wrong Marquis de Blois may be one of the most evil fuckers ever in anime(the guy has a huge role in starting BOTH world wars and hes still done so much more things,) but this is the charecter where death was way too good for him, dont get me wrong seeing that fucker dieing a violent stab to the chest and hopefully wasnt instant so the bastard dies slowly, but this is one of those charecters that deserves so much worse than death, like this person deserves to be in a concentration camp

also RIP cordellia and brian 1.0, brian 2.0 cna fuck off i hope he dies too, hopeing for a happy end but seeing how 3 people just died its gonna proboly be a bittersweet(though as ive stated, one of them deserved every last embrace of death)
Jun 25, 2011 10:58 PM

Jul 2010
4kicks said:
The to do list, all unconfirmed until ep 24:

To die:
The anal soldier who beat up Kujo and disrespected Victorique/Cordelia's ring

To have a royal ass-kicking:
Grevil de Blois

Unless this show meets the following requirements...no more 10/10 for me. minus 1 for everything not listed.
- That soldier isn't important enough to be brought back.
- But.. I like Grevil! D:

Wow, that was the best episode yet. The fight scene at the end was pretty impressive. Looks like my lovely Cordelia is about to bite the dust, as well as Roscoe. If one Roscoe dies, the other is probably going to as well. I doubt Kujo is going to show up and save Victorique, so unless Roscoe #2 settles down from his adrenaline rush, I can only think of Grevil being the one to save Victorique. The guy just has to come around some time, right? I don't like the idea of Grevil continuously being the evil elder brother.

Oh, and Kujo's hair. Gotta fix that before he meets Victorique. :P
Jun 25, 2011 11:05 PM
May 2011
Iilia said:
4kicks said:
The to do list, all unconfirmed until ep 24:

To die:
The anal soldier who beat up Kujo and disrespected Victorique/Cordelia's ring

To have a royal ass-kicking:
Grevil de Blois

Unless this show meets the following requirements...no more 10/10 for me. minus 1 for everything not listed.
- That soldier isn't important enough to be brought back.
- But.. I like Grevil! D:

Wow, that was the best episode yet. The fight scene at the end was pretty impressive. Looks like my lovely Cordelia is about to bite the dust, as well as Roscoe. If one Roscoe dies, the other is probably going to as well. I doubt Kujo is going to show up and save Victorique, so unless Roscoe #2 settles down from his adrenaline rush, I can only think of Grevil being the one to save Victorique. The guy just has to come around some time, right? I don't like the idea of Grevil continuously being the evil elder brother.

Oh, and Kujo's hair. Gotta fix that before he meets Victorique. :P
yah people are hating on grevil to much, yah he fucked so much up but hes obviously helping vic out here, if him giving her the dress wasnt obvious enough that he cares and was helping her escape, plus grevil is gonna be the only one who can save vic......oh god how much would it suck if grevil ended up biting the dust too aloen with 2nd brain, i mean the death toll is at 3 already(brian 1, cordellia, and albert thank god for this fuck dieing)
Jun 25, 2011 11:30 PM

Jul 2010
Question. How faithful exactly is the anime to the light novel?

Jun 26, 2011 2:41 AM

Jul 2009
darthfanta said:

Unknown. The final arc of the story (after the Coco Rose case) is untranslated outside Japan. Tokyopop released 2 volumes in the US and 6 volumes in Germany. The Coco Rose case is resolved in volume 7, which was released in March. Part 1 of volume 8 was released earlier this week, while part 2 will be released in July. This 2-part final volume is titled "Twilight of the Gods".

I have outlined my thoughts about the final arc of Gosick in this blog post.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jun 26, 2011 2:57 AM

Jan 2009
arsonal said:
darthfanta said:
Unknown. The final arc of the story (after the Coco Rose case) is untranslated outside Japan. Tokyopop released 2 volumes in the US and 6 volumes in Germany. The Coco Rose case is resolved in volume 7, which was released in March. Part 1 of volume 8 was released earlier this week, while part 2 will be released in July. This 2-part final volume is titled "Twilight of the Gods".
I'd personally say the anime is about as faithful as it can be when cramming it all into 24 episodes.
They're skipping details, as expected, but then again, I've only read those two volumes Tokyopop published and it's not like they'll publish anything else, since they're dead and all.
And actually, the novels do give us all the details required to solve things before Victo spews it all out, which they're missing a lot of in the adaption. But again, as I've only read the two first volumes, I can't say if this holds true for the rest of the cases.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 26, 2011 6:01 AM

Aug 2008
Eww why would that old fart bite Victorique's ear? That's so uncalled for lol.
And Victorique looks to be in a pinch with batshit crazy Brian Roscoe twin. Looking forward to the next episode!
Jun 26, 2011 9:57 AM

Feb 2010
Wow.Epic episode. I enjoyed every minute!

The Kujo moments were the most disturbing to me.... I miss him and Victorique together.

:(
Jun 26, 2011 10:24 AM

Apr 2011
Kujo needs to grow his hair back ASAP.
And I'm so glad Albert is dead, he is nothing but a jackass.
Confusing episode, but still good.
Jun 26, 2011 1:57 PM
Sep 2007
Yoda Cordelia.
Jun 26, 2011 6:01 PM

Feb 2009
Holy fuck! What! What's up with the turn of event in anime this week!
Jun 27, 2011 9:54 PM
Jan 2010
Cordelia takes on 2 guys while the magician takes on only 1. Still sadly she died. She and her daughter never got to be together :(
Jun 28, 2011 6:33 AM

Jun 2011
Wow, that Cornelia has/had some bad-ass skills.
Now it's just waiting for the next epi and hopes it solves the remaining questions.
*crosses fingers* I do ofcourse hope Victorique and Kujo meet again (maybe half a year later though, so Kujo can grow his hair back).
The joke's on you wolf, the pigs are cannibals..~
Jun 28, 2011 12:30 PM
May 2011
MaxCrazy7 said:
Holy fuck! What! What's up with the turn of event in anime this week!
EVERYONE MUST DIE IN THE END

its kinda a unwritten rule in anime now
Jun 29, 2011 9:45 AM

Jul 2010
I wasn't sure where Kujo was until I saw the soldiers eating with chopsticks, then I figured Japanese army. Looks like he is getting some rough treatment because dad is an officer and the sarge has a hard-on for him. It was very Kujo-like to take the beating and not strike his superior, yet never let go of the ring!

For those of you that hate his hair, that's the point! The military buzz serves two purposes:
1. Harder to get lice if you got no hair.
2. Removes individuality from the soldier, making him more part of the group and less of an individual.

I don't get what they are doing with the time line! It is way too early for the start of WWII, but I guess since it is a fictional world, they can do as they please, but WWII without the world-wide financial melt-down that preceded it is a bit wrong!

I can't wait for the final episode! I wish the books were available in English! (Viz? Yen? Seven Seas? Somebody buy the rights now that TokyoPop has dropped the freakin' ball!)
Jun 29, 2011 12:33 PM

Sep 2010
Whoa, Kujo looks weird.
Brian Roscoe has apparantly a twin or something like that and one of them is trying to kill Victorique. Didn't expect him to want to kill her.
I was almost glad that Albert de Blois died, finally he died. But the moment I saw blood coming from Cordelia I thought "wtf, she died, eeeeehhh~, no I don't want that....".
It seems that Kujo and Victorique will meet next episode, but I expect that the war will continue in eternity because the series will end this way. Or maybe we'll get a timeleap and we see the war has ended and Kujo and Victorique happily living together, or something like that.
Jun 29, 2011 1:29 PM

Mar 2011
Wow, where did this come from?

Anyhow one of the best episodes can't wait for the next one.

Based on preview (And current episode) I'd say Brian Roscoe ends up to be the real enemy after all. (But I'm not good at this procrastinating)
Jun 29, 2011 8:28 PM

Nov 2008
Great episode. Cordelia badass fighting, can't wait for the last episode.
Jun 29, 2011 10:02 PM

Dec 2008
Wow, I definitely didn't see that coming. This whole episode was a roller coaster! I can't wait to see how the season ends, and I hope and pray there is a second season!
Jun 29, 2011 10:49 PM

Nov 2009
wowwww cordelia damnnn girl. brian fucking sucks. and whats the point of him having a twin??

kujos hair (loss) is really bad..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2011 12:17 AM

Jun 2010
Holy crap wow... Cordellia is like freakin' Yoda!

The part with Kujo was sort of disappointing...

In any case, can't wait for last episode!
Jun 30, 2011 3:32 AM

Sep 2010
wow...... Cordelia has some slick moves....... :D

btw superb epi.
Jun 30, 2011 4:55 AM

Jun 2009
Oh fuck how i loved this episode.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jun 30, 2011 5:30 AM

Jul 2010
What an awesome episode. Even though it had a lot of mistreatment and death in it, I was happy to see that a**hole got what he deserved. Now let's hope he actually died, cause that wasn't shown in the end. I have a bad feeling about it though. Idiot biting Victorique in her ear like that. >.<

Now on the other hand we have the whole ordeal with the Roscoe's and Cordeila/Victorique. I don't think Cordelia survived with a slash to the throat like that. It is of course certain Victorique survived, but what happened? Who saved her?

Can't wait for the finale! =D

Jun 30, 2011 3:11 PM

Oct 2009
man this episode was bas ass

&ang90; i guess what that old man from the Village of Gray Wolves was right that Victorique and Kujo were going to get separated (T_T)

→ i didn't know Cordelia can fight!!! GO Cordelia!!!
→ thank god Brian #1 is helping her
→ seriously Brain #2 is try to kill Victorique, when her knows Cordelia treasure her (and sacrifices her life for Victorique

▲But does Cordelia actually giver up her life to set free Victorique?
Jun 30, 2011 7:10 PM
Oct 2009
For those complaining about the WWII starting too soon... Guess why Saubure isn't in the map ; D

My best guess is Germany will whipe out Saubure as an experiment for WWII. Blitzkrieg and all that jazz.

Anyway, great episode. Lookin' forward to the end.
Jun 30, 2011 7:20 PM
Jun 2009
zensunni said:
I wasn't sure where Kujo was until I saw the soldiers eating with chopsticks, then I figured Japanese army. Looks like he is getting some rough treatment because dad is an officer and the sarge has a hard-on for him. It was very Kujo-like to take the beating and not strike his superior, yet never let go of the ring!

For those of you that hate his hair, that's the point! The military buzz serves two purposes:
1. Harder to get lice if you got no hair.
2. Removes individuality from the soldier, making him more part of the group and less of an individual.

I don't get what they are doing with the time line! It is way too early for the start of WWII, but I guess since it is a fictional world, they can do as they please, but WWII without the world-wide financial melt-down that preceded it is a bit wrong!

I can't wait for the final episode! I wish the books were available in English! (Viz? Yen? Seven Seas? Somebody buy the rights now that TokyoPop has dropped the freakin' ball!)

I imagine that the next episode's developments will bring the story back to the normal timeline....... Unless Broscoe takes an even higher level in badass and kills Hitler and Mussolini. lool
Jun 30, 2011 9:06 PM

Jun 2008
Gotta admit, this episode surprised me....didn't expect to see what I saw...

Can't wait for the finale....although I think it will be predictable.
Jul 1, 2011 5:18 AM

Nov 2007
Okay wow, Brian just lost some cool points. Brian 2.0 at least. Brian 1.0 is still as amazing as ever <3 Protecting Cordelia like that. Go Brian! I'm hoping Cordelia isn't really dead >: Don't want 1.0 dying either D: They're awesome.

Cordelia vs Marquis was amazing. So glad he's dead.

Poor Victorique has been going through quite a lot of shit. And Kujo with that hair! Everyone in the army has to cut their hair, so it was inevitable ahaha.

I'm pissed at Grevil. Thought he was better than that.
amayadoriJul 1, 2011 5:27 AM

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Jul 1, 2011 6:49 AM
Dec 2009
Marquis Albert de Blois is a sick fuck, I cringed so badly when he bit vic'torique's ear. I actually want him to die in a more painful way with longer time before his death, not just died from one stab in a stomach. I felt sad with Cordelia and Brian 1 dieing...:(

Brian 2 is frustrating...Is that all he can think of? What a cop out solution for him to do that and I expect Brian to be smarter than that. I expect a lot more people to be smarter in this series, apparently they are not what I'm have expected. -__-
-mush-Jul 1, 2011 6:00 PM
Jul 1, 2011 7:08 AM

Aug 2007
The end of the episode was a bit obviously, that was Cordelia and not Victorique. I really want to know if Cordelia will die and Kujo and Victorique will reunite again.
Jul 1, 2011 10:03 AM
May 2009
so am i the only person who started applauding when albert got what was coming to him, even though i too thought he deserved worse?
Jul 1, 2011 12:19 PM

Oct 2010
Cordelia is a ninja! did you see her moves? i think this is a strange anime, i am finding it hart to follow, like why are there two of those red haired guys? hmmmm
Jul 1, 2011 2:12 PM

Jul 2009
Am I like, the only one who isn't absolutely loving this show or something? O_O
K first off, I'm pretty sure WW2 doesn't start in 1925. I'm pretty sure it starts in 1939. So, uhm, yea, mega fail much O_O
Albert randomly takes over because Leviathan tricked him? O_O Uh, OK. Sure. He became Prime Minister and died the same day? Uh, wtf, OK. Lol. About the battle, I don't see why they just would RANDOMLY MAKE BRIAN A TWIN. I MEAN LIKE WTF SRSLY O_O The fight scene was pretty cool, EXCEPT THEN EVERYONE DIED. Cordelia, Albert, and the GRANNY? Did Brian die too? Too confusing, way too rushed. Don't really see how killing everyone is supposed to make Cordelia likeable, if that's what she's going for. Or maybe it's the whole I'll sacrifice everyone for you thing. Dunno :S
That being said, uhm, evil Brian tries to kill Victorica. Although obviously it doesn't work. Dur. Kind of stupid, does he have no brains? Obviously Cordelia's gonna hate him after, but she's dead now. Oh dear.
PLUS, OKAY, THE WHOLE ROMANTIC THING IS JUST TOO BORING NOW. STOP SPINNING IT OUT, GOD. Less Kujo in this episode was good, so was less Victorica, but STILL. UGH. I DUNNO. Plus they kind of ruined Grevil too
So much for hoping it would get better in the later episodes. Pretty much no expectations for the finale now -_-"
Jul 1, 2011 11:48 PM

Sep 2010
AnvilMAn said:
so am i the only person who started applauding when albert got what was coming to him, even though i too thought he deserved worse?

No your not I thought he was a huge dick this entire series and it was about time someone put him in his place.

I don't like Kujo's hair I liked it when it was longer and not army cut. Dx
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 2, 2011 9:07 AM

Feb 2010
oh shizzle that was an amazing episode.
Jul 2, 2011 10:13 AM

May 2010
I'm kinda confused.

Why is there a war happening?? Albert took control of the people with just the Monstre Charmant tale?? O_o

Plot aside, badass cordelia is badass. I bet she's a ninja. :D

Last ep to go..
Jul 2, 2011 6:01 PM

Jan 2010
I'm going to agree with everyone else here. I liked Kujo's hair long also Cordelia is bad ass.
Jul 2, 2011 6:15 PM
May 2011
Daidragon1990 said:
I'm going to agree with everyone else here. I liked Kujo's hair long also Cordelia is bad ass.
badass dead chick
Jul 2, 2011 8:07 PM
Apr 2010
ItsSoPringles said:
Daidragon1990 said:
badass dead chick

I'd be afraid of my mom if she could pull off those moves. But then again it'd be fun dodging her when I rebel. :P
Jul 2, 2011 10:05 PM

Jun 2009
Dude, didn't know Cordelia was that agile. She has the talent to become a ninja.
Jul 3, 2011 11:08 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
-Quasar said:
Dude, didn't know Cordelia was that agile. She has the talent to become a ninja.

You mean a Jedi Master lol.

Alternate history much? I don't recall WW2 starting in 1924-1925....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 4, 2011 11:17 AM

Feb 2009
OMG what did I just watch? It's a shonen anime now and... it's pretty awesome to be honest. ^_^
Jul 4, 2011 8:28 PM
Sep 2010
Lolz... Cordelia has ninja skills? WTF? o_O
Jul 6, 2011 12:24 PM

Jun 2009
Everything was going well until the battle between Cordelia and Albert. That was sudden and unexpected. I would never have thought that Cordelia knows how to fight. o.O And then few minutes after fight is over... The last scene with Cordelia falling over and saying "Burn fire. Burn and lighten her future." was so touching! If I had more time I would certainly have cried over Cordelia's death but that was way too sudden.
Jul 7, 2011 7:14 AM

Oct 2010
I started liking this episode when I heard Cordelia's voice through that mic. <3

I do hope she's not yet dead, though. ;~;
[insert awesome signature here]
Jul 12, 2011 1:00 AM

Aug 2010
Dark Episode. You know for a anime with a lot of talk they have some good fight scenes.
Jul 17, 2011 6:50 AM

Jun 2008
Cordelia is a ninja! That's some awesome moves there.

Finally that asshole got killed, way to go Cordelia. Why did she wait until now is what i don't get. She knew the guy was no good long before. I can't believe she couldn't find a way to kill the guy long before that.

Leaving Victorique with the Roscoe that hates her was a stupid move. Both Roscoes love Cordelia so anyone could have fought along side her. So why didn't she take that crazy Roscoe with her instead of the most calm one and leave him with Victorique?
Jul 22, 2011 12:06 AM

Jan 2011
Fire! Damn, Cordelia is sure badass.
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Jul 22, 2011 9:30 AM

Aug 2008
Cordellia!! NuOOOOO!

And by the way, what the hell? Where the hell did Cordellia learn those moves. Now I know where all the damn Yoda comments came from. Personally, I would have much preferred it if she could have lived and tossed his broken, but living body into the fire.

Nothing left to do now except for hold my breathe and wait for the eventual ending. Come on Gosick, don't fuck me over like so many anime have done before. Don't do it!

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 1, 2011

518 by BlueishDesert »»
Apr 18, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - May 27, 2011

99 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 31, 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.