MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Will there be a season 2 of hidan no aria?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Hidan no Aria »» Will there be a season 2 of hidan no aria?

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
06-23-11, 12:20 PM

Seeing that we're on episode 10/12, there are 2 episodes until the season is finished. I doesn't seem like a fitting end there's so much they haven't shown from the characters! Q_Q

06-23-11, 1:14 PM

more then likely it's still on chapter 3 - 4 in the LN's and there are about 9 and still going

06-23-11, 1:36 PM

possibly but who knows seeing how much hate the show gets, i man i dont think its that good but all the hate deserves to go to hoshizora, a much MUCH worse show

06-23-11, 1:37 PM

There probably will
Courtesy of Paul

06-23-11, 1:55 PM

Thank god. Loving this anime

06-23-11, 4:20 PM

I hope so too and don't be hating on Hoshizora

06-24-11, 2:20 AM

It all depends on the sales and popularity.

In terms of material, they have so much to use fromt he LN so there should be space for a second season.

Yeah don't go hating Hoshizora. It wouldv'e been better if it was like an Amagami SS kind of style.....

06-24-11, 3:18 AM

ItsSoPringles said:
possibly but who knows seeing how much hate the show gets, i man i dont think its that good but all the hate deserves to go to hoshizora, a much MUCH worse show
People throw a lot more hate on shows that they had some hope on. So obviously popular shows that end up under-performing gets a lot of bad mouthing. Personally, I found it average. A lot of unused potential and it was a decent way to waste time.

06-24-11, 9:14 AM

As Rayy stated earlier, Seeing how were about to end in vol.3 and there are about nine volumes we might get another season. But due to all the hate its getting we can only hope for the best.

Personally i dont think hate should go to any anime. Some series might just be better than you think.

06-24-11, 11:24 AM

We most likely will not get a second season, since Aria's pre-order ranks weren't anything special. And we all know JC only makes sequels to anime that sell well, with Bakuman being an exception.
But we'll get to know about the sales soon enough, since the BD/DVDs for the first volume were released 2 days ago, if I recall correctly. Sales data should be out in 5 days or less.
Dat non-functional bbcode

06-24-11, 12:30 PM

This series is ok but as for the second season for this, it depends on how well for the DVD/Blu-ray sales go.

06-24-11, 12:35 PM

DVD/Blu-ray is key 3,000 sales makes profit, 10,000 is a hit...

06-24-11, 12:42 PM

I actually like this, and it would be a shame if there was no second season cause I think the light novel gets more interesting after the prologue is over

06-24-11, 1:22 PM

RandyW88 said:
DVD/Blu-ray is key 3,000 sales makes profit, 10,000 is a hit...

Yes, but the break-even point is an average. And 10,000+ copies is considered a hit, but most anime that reach 6,000+ copies get a sequel, and are also considered successful.
I'm just hoping Aria bombs, it's an absolutely terrible anime.
Dat non-functional bbcode

06-24-11, 2:29 PM

Hopefully not.

06-24-11, 2:34 PM

TMultimate said:
As Rayy stated earlier, Seeing how were about to end in vol.3 and there are about nine volumes we might get another season. But due to all the hate its getting we can only hope for the best.

Personally i dont think hate should go to any anime. Some series might just be better than you think.
i relise which shows are gonna blow me away and which ones will be just for fun before the shows premiere, if people really went into this show expecting somthing thats their own fault for not enjoying it, this show i could tell was gonna be action romantic comedy, how anyone else didnt get those vibes from the first episode is beyond me, its people sown faults to get disapointed going into this show like that,

now if you went in expecting what it actually is and was dissapointed than yah then they can talk

06-24-11, 3:48 PM

Well haters are gonna hate, I already knew this show was romantic/comedy tunsdere long before it aired...

06-24-11, 11:05 PM

STM said:
I'm just hoping Aria bombs, it's an absolutely terrible anime.

LULZ.....wasn't expecting that.

Anyways, I'm not so sure if this will get a sequel or not, like everyone has already said, it depends a lot on the DVD and BD sales.

Overall, since this is a J.C Staff anime, I think it has a good shot, but we'll see.
Momo>Sports>Breaking Bad>Anime

1997 2001 2003 2006 2012 2013

06-25-11, 1:43 AM

i don't understand why you people hate it ...
anyway , i hope so , true it was not that good , but it's okay in general .. a sequel would be good

06-25-11, 9:11 AM

Blue-Rei said:
i don't understand why you people hate it ...
anyway , i hope so , true it was not that good , but it's okay in general .. a sequel would be good

There are 2 reasons for the hate towards this show.

1. A lot of people consider it generic and boring. That's their opinion, and IMO it is a pretty generic JC Staff rom/act/com anime. Not saying that's a bad thing, but a lot of people want something different for a change.

2. Probably less, but there are a lot of people, myself included, who hate this show because they've strayed fairly far from the novels in many aspects. Sure, most of the major plot devices are there, but the interactions in the novel are much more detailed and thought out, here they feel rushed so the show can get to more gunfights. Mind you, this is something that JC Staff is also known for doing, so some people expected it.

As for a sequel, what everyone has beens aying is right, it will depend on sales of the BD/DVD. If it sells well, there will be, if not there won't be. Might also depend on what JC Staff intends to do with some of their other big series (Index, Shakugan, ZNT etc) since the majority of them feature the same leading female voice. So this may get pushed to the backburner in favour of some of JC Staff's other series.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices