Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (25) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 23, 2011 6:49 PM

Jul 2008
Jesus Christ 10/10 for AnoHana. I wept like a baby like every episode, it was so touching!
Jun 23, 2011 6:51 PM

Jan 2011
Still crying. I was fully expecting Popo's confession, I'm just glad Tsuruko wasn't as involved with Menma's death as I feared. Most tears since the Fuko arc and the final arc in Clannad...sniff...goodbye Menma....
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 23, 2011 6:52 PM

Oct 2007
The moment the ED song came up, it got me.
Jun 23, 2011 6:54 PM

Sep 2010
drama, drama, and the portrayal of raw human emotions. As slow as the middle of the show moved, the last few episodes quickly reached climax, with everyone's feeling revealed. (poor Poppo, only one in the group without someone to love).

Death/departure is standard in terms of creating tension and emotions. Nonetheless, the characters made it work. Seriously, Menma is adorable. Everyone else is presented very realistically as well.
Overall enjoyable, with all its happy, sad, and pure rage moments.

Jun 23, 2011 7:12 PM

Mar 2009
Really couldnt get into the show.

6/10
Jun 23, 2011 7:14 PM
May 2009
said it before and ill say it again, my pick for best of season.

only other show to make me shed manly tears was clannad after story, now if you will excuse me i think theres something still stuck in my eye...
Jun 23, 2011 7:16 PM

Oct 2008
FINALLY cried
Poppo is probably my favorite character outside of Menma and Jintan of course

I had really high hopes for this anime and unfortunately those hopes weren't met
I feel they could've executed the anime and this final episode in particular a lot better

But still a good anime and definitely one I will remember and recommend to friends
<('-'<) <( '-' )> (>'-')>
Jun 23, 2011 7:17 PM

Nov 2008
I've never been a fan of overly sappy endings, but I'll overlook it for this series ^_-
Jun 23, 2011 7:21 PM

Nov 2009
All I can say is that it was a good anime, but as expected (duh), sayonara. May she rest in peace.
Jun 23, 2011 7:25 PM

Feb 2010
I_Love_Metty said:
I've never been a fan of overly sappy endings, but I'll overlook it for this series ^_-

I agreed.

I love this show but the last episode went over the hill for me.
Jun 23, 2011 7:32 PM
Apr 2011
I Want More ='( Mou ikkai Mou ikkai Mou ikkai Mou ikkai...
Jun 23, 2011 7:33 PM
Apr 2011
Can't remember the last time I'd cried like Ive just did...
Jun 23, 2011 7:33 PM

Apr 2011
I hated the first half of the ending because all the yelling was over the top and actually made me laugh, but the 2nd half was very well done and a tearjerker.

8/10 for the series.
Jun 23, 2011 7:34 PM

Sep 2007
Even though we knew what was coming... it was still amazing.

God, cried through the entire episode. T___T
So good.
Jun 23, 2011 7:37 PM

Mar 2010
Forced drama and tears.

No offense, but they kinda over did it.
The shrine scene made me laugh and the hide-and-go seek in the forest while randomly yelling was pretty ridiculous too lol.

But overall, this series was pretty good.
I enjoyed it.
Bunny-kinsJun 23, 2011 7:55 PM
Jun 23, 2011 7:38 PM

Jul 2009
I learned this anime wasn't about anything

friends forever end

cliche

loved the beginning, downhill from ep. 4. The love triangle was trite and uninteresting worst of all unfulfilled. Predictable ending, no explanation behind Menma's sheer existence or how they could see her. Unbelievable anime all around.

7/10 for for it's excellent animation throughout and interesting and light soundtrack and songs with some very good voice acting
Jun 23, 2011 7:38 PM
Jun 2009
True_Quaker said:

Me too... no, wait. Clannad, episode with the cat.
Jun 23, 2011 7:40 PM

Jul 2008
The whole show tugged on my heartstring something aweful, I liked the way they ended it alot. I was hoping they would all see her before she disappeared. 8/10
Jun 23, 2011 7:41 PM

Sep 2008
Wow that felt really rushed and everyone's little confessions felt extremely forced. Everyone spent majority of their lives being horrible to each other and they got over in like 5 minutes. Whatever. Series was decent enough, but sheer lack of episodes put a strangle hold on the character development. 7/10
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jun 23, 2011 7:41 PM

Jul 2010
Hahahahahahahaha
Jun 23, 2011 7:42 PM

Oct 2010
ins-chan said:
True_Quaker said:
Me too... no, wait. Clannad, episode with the cat.
For me it was her:
http://myanimelist.net/character/188/Misuzu_Kamio
that is the last I cried that badly like I did in this episode. Menma however is much more adorable than Misuzu.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 23, 2011 7:44 PM

Sep 2009
Bunny-kins said:
Forced drama and tears.

No offense, but they kinda over did it.
The shrine scene made me laugh and the hide-and-go seek in the forest while randomly yelling was pretty ridiculous too lol.

But overall, this series was pretty good imo.
Yeah I thought they could have toned down the crying/screaming just a little bit. Still a good show though.

AdamReynolds said:
I hated the first half of the ending because all the yelling was over the top and actually made me laugh, but the 2nd half was very well done and a tearjerker.

8/10 for the series.
It was like that for me too. It was kind of weird, I felt sad yet I was laughing at parts at the same time. I think this is what's keeping me from giving this show a 9. The overall feeling I get from the show is an 8 (which is still pretty good for me).
Jun 23, 2011 7:45 PM

Aug 2009
While I was watching this show, I made a comment on MAL on every episode..
AT LEAST one person would say they would cry because of the episode, but from episode 1-10 I havent shed a tear...

Its now episode 11, final episode, and Im crying like crazy! T____T

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SHOW!!!
WHAT A WONDERFUL SHOW!!!! T____T

When I first started watching I just though it was a TYPICAL story with TYPICAL friends that were close when kids but split apart as adults..
I had NO IDEA they would go to DETAILED and REALLY GO INTO the story!

This is one of the best shows I have every watched!

It only has 11 episodes but I felt complete. No cliffhanger ending, no disappointments...

This...*whiping tears* was such a wonderful show! T__T
Spring 2011 was the BEST season of anime I have every lived through in my life!

And one more time,
I really loved this show! T___T
Its been a great 11 weeks!
Jun 23, 2011 7:51 PM

Sep 2009
@Lulexiaa: I was going to suggest Clannad and Clannad After story to you but it looks like you hated it for some reason.
Jun 23, 2011 8:00 PM

Jan 2011
so sad to see it end last time i cried for a anime was clannad after storys ! :(, heres hoping for a OVA when they meet memma's reincarnation even if it's for a second like in Angel Beats that'd be nice.
Jun 23, 2011 8:04 PM

Oct 2010
katsu044 said:
heres hoping for a OVA when they meet memma's reincarnation even if it's for a second like in Angel Beats that'd be nice.
That would be cool but I am hoping they make Menma's crossing better in the BDs. I mean, white screen? Really? Cheap? Very easily but BDs might change that hopefully.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 23, 2011 8:04 PM

Apr 2011
The 3rd anime to make me cry for more than 10 minutes.
First was Clannad AS, then Madoka (Left me depressed for about a week)
I believe this anime was wrapped up quite nicely, if only it had a few more episodes because Poppo's random development felt a bit...Out of place. I had the feeling that he'd be one of the crazier guys.
Perhaps I'll write a review on it, but I give this an absolute 10/10
Not only was the character development good, the plot was original and I'm really pleased with it. Seeing as this comes from the creators of Toradora! (At least half the people who worked on it made this, right?), the fact that I adore this series does not surprise me at all.
We all love you, Menma.
Jun 23, 2011 8:07 PM

Apr 2011
saxophone15 said:
AdamReynolds said:

8/10 for the series.
It was like that for me too. It was kind of weird, I felt sad yet I was laughing at parts at the same time. I think this is what's keeping me from giving this show a 9. The overall feeling I get from the show is an 8 (which is still pretty good for me).

The drama in Astarotte's Toy episode 11 made me laugh too. Maybe I'm just becoming a jerk. Or maybe the drama in question isn't that good.

The Air, Clannad AS, and ef - a tale of memorie endings were better than this (especially ef, which didn't involve magic). Still, this was a pretty memorable series. Just not a masterpiece.
Jun 23, 2011 8:10 PM
Mar 2011
Was I the only one who thought the best part of the episode was when Yukiatsu put his arm around Jintan and said "go get her, leader"?

That's a fucking bro right there.

Anyway, the ending could have been better... There was a lot more they could have done with it. It was a good watch but there was some forced melo drama in the middle of the series which hampered my rating. Even so, I give this series an 8/10.
Jun 23, 2011 8:20 PM

Apr 2010
The written notes got me more than all the crying did. I understand the need for it, but there was just too much of it this time.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Jun 23, 2011 8:22 PM

Apr 2011
Now I've watched the last episode...I've got the same feeling I had when I finished Clannad After Story - I'm sad and happy at the same time. :,D
Episode: 5/5 It's an even better end then I thought..I would like to forget about it an rewatch it again =(
Anime: 10/10 Like I said..same feeling as Clannad After Story...so 10/10 for this one too. Now I'll have to find another drama too watch D:

Jun 23, 2011 8:23 PM

Jun 2011

Sobs ;A;
Jun 23, 2011 8:25 PM

Sep 2009
bye ano hana ......
Jun 23, 2011 8:25 PM

Dec 2009
The last time I cried because of an anime was with Tokyo Magnitude.
I loved the episode so much!
10/10 and staying in my heart for ever
Jun 23, 2011 8:27 PM

Nov 2009
Though the anime had a few chinks with a few episodes it kept the emotions high while rarely over doing them. Really it's rare for me to love an anime like this and thus I will put it up with the other four animes that gained a 10 from me. The real score will be seen in 3 months when I can look back and think it through, though chances are just like Modoka the season before it will keep it's score.
Jun 23, 2011 8:27 PM

Oct 2009
:'(

Oh my gwad, what a ride.

Best of the season, surely?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2011 8:29 PM

Feb 2010
MessageInTime said:
Was I the only one who thought the best part of the episode was when Yukiatsu put his arm around Jintan and said "go get her, leader"?

That's a fucking bro right there.

Anyway, the ending could have been better... There was a lot more they could have done with it. It was a good watch but there was some forced melo drama in the middle of the series which hampered my rating. Even so, I give this series an 8/10.

Nope, not alone, I think the same too. That's the only part where it didn't felt the characters tried too hard to induce drama. Everything else was overblown, the lack of subtlety annoys me.
Jun 23, 2011 8:30 PM

Jul 2008
I pretty much sobbed my way through this entire episode.

This was a really good show overall. It triggered so much nostaglia on my part. I think I fell right into the age group it was targeting. 8/10

BEGINNER
Jun 23, 2011 8:35 PM
Jan 2009
Are there ever a emotional wreck or what.

Menma.... Mi-tsu-keta... Is it okay for me to cry..?

I haven't had a sob for a while since CLANNAD or something but.. boy did this get me. :"(
Thanks for the show, thanks to anyone who contributed, and thanks to you guys for watching with us.
dadayLippyJun 23, 2011 8:52 PM
Jun 23, 2011 8:36 PM

Oct 2010
disregarding the fact that the first half was all over the place
i was misty eyed as hell during the good bye scene, i wish i could've cried.
good show with a lot of heart but just a bit too much melodrama 8/10
Jun 23, 2011 8:37 PM

Jun 2009
Felt disappointed. What a cheap and silly ending.

Anyway, it really started out pretty good but went pretty bad the last few episodes. Not that bad but not up par on the first few episodes. 7/10
Jun 23, 2011 8:39 PM

Jun 2011
I'M GOING TO JUST ASSUME THAT ANARU AND JINTAN EVENTUALLY GET TOGETHER.
I'm just taking the implication at the epilogue too far, but hey; it's super possible right ?

10/10 anime in my book, although there were some things I still wanted clarification on and to be resolved; still it was beautifully done. The voice actors really overwhelmed me with their emotion and dialogue, the tone of voice all the characters had crying out was too powerful.

Sadly, I didn't cry though. I couldn't because the fucking ads that were on the website kept popping up and I just grew angrier and angrier. When I re-watch it though without the ads, I'll definitely end up crying. I almost teared up a few times throughout this episode. Man, I'm sad it's over. But Ano Hana, thank you for the ride.

Feb 2010
I'm really sad it's over. I really did think for a second they'd do some sort of cop-out with everyone interacting with Menma, but they didn't. It's better this way.

Aug 2009
Errrbody cryin' this episode (except me :P).

I think I may have to watch this series again in a shorter time span to try and get a better feeling about it. I've got lingering gripes regarding character neuroses and my perception as Menma as more of a plot device than a character, but in the end this was still a pretty good show about this group of friends and how the loss of one of them both split them apart and brought them back together.

Ha-cha!
Jun 23, 2011 8:41 PM

Apr 2011
Yanoflies said:
:'(

Oh my gwad, what a ride.

Best of the season, surely?

Tell that to the fans raging over Ao no Exorcist.
But yes, I agree.
Jun 23, 2011 8:42 PM

Jan 2011
coffeecups said:

Bro, it's irrelevant.

Was anyone else really happy that they did NOT show Menma's death? I like a little mystery.

Also, fucking amazing voice acting for this episode. Some of the best I've heard.
Jun 23, 2011 8:44 PM

Nov 2010
It's over!
Jun 23, 2011 8:45 PM

May 2009
Meh series over all. I never got into it. And that was ridiculous last episode so completely forced. (but I have been feeling that since the start) It's the end start crying everyone, NOW. Was what I was feeling. Sorry AnoHana still no tears from me. Most characters weren't that great to me either and didn't feel that well developed. I think the only ones I ended up liking were Popo (he's hilarious) and Tsurumi a bit. Everyone else meh *shrugs*
Oh yeah and Menma's brother cause he was the only one who was able to move on.

Her wish was to have him cry? Not saying there isn't anything wrong with crying but man when she said that I was kind of like well that's kind of mean. :/

7/10 only cause of the soundtrack though. The music of this was great.
Nana-chiiJun 23, 2011 10:54 PM
Jun 23, 2011 8:46 PM

Jun 2011
hottbill said:
coffeecups said:

Bro, it's irrelevant.

Was anyone else really happy that they did NOT show Menma's death? I like a little mystery.

Also, fucking amazing voice acting for this episode. Some of the best I've heard.

What do you mean it's irrelevant ? I'm just sayin'.

Jun 23, 2011 8:50 PM

Jan 2011
coffeecups said:
hottbill said:
coffeecups said:

Bro, it's irrelevant.

What do you mean it's irrelevant ? I'm just sayin'.

It's not relevant to the story whether or not they "hook up." There's a reason why A-1 didn't find it necessary to include their future relationship, nor was this a love story between Jintan and Anaru.

Anyway...

"I love you, Jintan. My love for you is the sort of love where I want to marry you."

Q.Q
Pages (25) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

387 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

422 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2011

230 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 19, 2011

217 by NillyPC »»
Apr 22, 6:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.