Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Jun 27, 2011 11:30 PM

Jun 2008
The ending is not great and didn't made a great impact to all of us..
that is the reason..

Visit our website at http://www.animeotakucorner.com
Jun 28, 2011 4:40 AM

Mar 2010
How strange . The ending makes me feel nothing , AT ALL.
8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2011 8:00 AM

Nov 2008
Ending Summary:

We get a God-restart pulled out of a giant alien octopus asshole, except now all the poor sods in Japan are stuck with the US dollar as their currency, just like an armpit-of-the-earth third world country.

Find the retarted fourth grader who wrote this series and make certain that he can never get near a word processor again in his life...
Jun 28, 2011 9:39 AM

Jun 2011
dbaranyi said:
Ending Summary:

We get a God-restart pulled out of a giant alien octopus asshole, except now all the poor sods in Japan are stuck with the US dollar as their currency, just like an armpit-of-the-earth third world country.

Find the retarted fourth grader who wrote this series and make certain that he can never get near a word processor again in his life...

People that rate overhyped never ending generic mainstream crap like One piece and Detective conan a 10 dont really have a right to comment.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jun 28, 2011 10:42 AM

Oct 2007
Slicer22 said:
dbaranyi said:
Ending Summary:

People that rate overhyped never ending generic mainstream crap like One piece and Detective conan a 10 dont really have a right to comment.
And how does that has anything to do with his comment on this show? And if that is the case, how do you have the right to comment on his comment which you don't like?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 28, 2011 1:27 PM
Jul 2010
Slicer22 said:
dbaranyi said:
Ending Summary:

What does that have to do with anything? Does enjoying a particular anime you may not find all that great (to be honest, neither do I) invalid his opinion? If you disagree with him about the ending, then just explain why and expose your own point of view.
Jun 28, 2011 2:17 PM

Jun 2011
Dusk252 said:
Slicer22 said:
dbaranyi said:
Ending Summary:

What does that have to do with anything? Does enjoying a particular anime you may not find all that great (to be honest, neither do I) invalid his opinion? If you disagree with him about the ending, then just explain why and expose your own point of view.

if you look about i already gave my opinion about C and its ending but i wont even waste my time with someone rating the most generic overhyped never ending mainstream stuff, its no different than him rating bleach or naruto 10 which he might as well have considering his choices.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jun 28, 2011 4:43 PM

Aug 2008
That was an awesome battle!! Now, Japan uses dollars too! It'll become an international currency :P
So in the end, everyone got there future back except for Kimimaro?
Jun 28, 2011 9:20 PM

Jul 2009
Well, the battle in this episode certainly was interesting. First half really went by quickly. Obviously Q was Takako and Mashu was his daughter, um, OK. The ending was kind of weird though, I don't really get it - he succeeds in buying the future back, everyone is happy again? Stuff still unexplained like Masakaki and them, what C exactly is, etc.
K, overall - the whole money and concept, I liked. Animation got a bit crappy at times but music was pretty good. Jennifer was my favourite character, I didn't really like anyone else. It started off really slow and the like, SNOWBALLED at the end. I dunno. The ending was "meh". We all knew it would happen. It was fun to watch but could have used more episodes. Kind of hard to rate this thing, I think it'd be a 7.5, probably? I dunno, I'll have to round to 8/10
Jun 28, 2011 10:08 PM

Oct 2008
=/
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 29, 2011 3:08 PM

Mar 2011
I sense alot of butthurt C fanboys in here.
Jun 30, 2011 3:27 AM

May 2010
it reminded me of the Evangelion ending, nice and confusing....oh i mean it made no fucking sense :P still good though
Jun 30, 2011 6:31 AM

Jun 2011
What's up with not showing the kiss at the end?
What's so bad about kissing the magical fighting personification of your future?
El Psy Congroo
Jul 1, 2011 5:24 AM

Jan 2010
Wow, that was pretty bad. Very disappointing series IMO.
Jul 2, 2011 1:19 AM

Sep 2008
The battle was awesome. The plot, not so much.

Looks like everything just got back to where it started in the end, so all the fighting in the anime got nowhere apart from expressing different ideals, neither of which is necessarily wrong. But that's fine IMO, except I would have preferred that neither side won and some more interesting ending came out of that.

Moral of the story, if a creepy clown guy asks for your future as collateral, just ignore him and keep on living as you were.

7/10 still. Because I liked where it was going and the battles were great.
Jul 2, 2011 5:45 PM

Mar 2010
Like I said , the ending gave me the feeling of nothing..
I agree with 5layer , this anime should deserve around 7-8 ..huhhhh*SIGH*
I disappointed :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2011 4:47 AM

Apr 2009
I still don't understand how Kimimaro won. derp

I have no problem with the world changing, FD being back (you just can't fight that thing), Kimimaro being forgotten and all. I just don't understand how they got there. XD
Jul 3, 2011 6:54 AM
Nov 2008
Mmmmm was definitely more unique....I'll give it that...o.o so how should i interpret the ending?Cause I was hoping for Mashu to appear in human form or smth in front of Yoga LOL
Jul 3, 2011 8:40 AM

Apr 2011
I really, really enjoyed the plot and the battles. Like many have said, the ending was slightly...oh? this is the end? I think, while I liked the idea of people getting back their future, that something else should have happened as a result perhaps. All in all, it was good to watch but I feel it let itself down with so much potential that it had.

Masakaki was great fun albeit slightly creepy.
hey hey hey hey no
Jul 3, 2011 9:05 AM

Mar 2011
Yoga..Fire! ^^
Jul 3, 2011 10:47 AM

Jul 2007
I would have to seriously wonder whether the writers of this show were just tacking on financial terms to make things seem cool. The show failed to explain its core plot points and, with a highly convoluted setting, this means that the show made absolutely no sense whatsoever. Additionally, the show seemed to focus on the plot over the characters... what the fuck.

This anime is full of self contradictions, gaping plot craters, and seemingly insane characters.

4/10 (rated relatively to the average anime, luckily this show did not suffer from rampant fanservice, random harems, or bullshit love interests).
Jul 3, 2011 12:03 PM

Sep 2010
ROOMA4HELL said:
the ending was good yet lacking at the same time would be nice to have a after it all OVA or special later since there are still somethings left unanswered

Yeah same here, nice ending but there's alot to be answred.
Jul 4, 2011 9:05 AM

Apr 2011
Any news about 2nd season????? so many unanswered questions !!!!! ¥=$ wtf ?
Jul 4, 2011 9:21 AM

Jun 2011
Was a nice ending...though I still don´t know the heck´s going on...

Seriously, is the district heaven, that weird guy with the glowing hands is god and the Masakaki´s are angels? Where is Kimimaro´s dad? Was Msyu Hanabi, seeing as they resemble each other a bit, or is it really his daughter?

I don´t get it. Still, I´ll rewatch that anime sometime, seeing as it´s still pretty good.
Jul 5, 2011 9:03 PM

Mar 2009
Did I really see that EPIC SKETCH PUNCH scene? I mean, really? How many times has that been used before? Come on, Nakamura. You're better than this.

It should've been a great series, considering the powerhouse staff. You've got Kenji Nakamura, Noboru Takagi, and Iwasaki for the music. Three creative geniuses. However, it was, all in all, a trainwreck. There's only one reasonable explanation for this:

Drugs. Yes. Drugs.

Nakamura, Takagi and Iwasaki were all high, and still are, probably. Like, really high. You know how it is when you're with friends and the stupid crap you say...

"So, you know, man, that economy, it sucks right now and stuff, huh. What if...what if there was this, like...financial district, black money, and Yu-gi-oh style battles. And then, there's this thing called "C." I've got no idea what that is...
but yeah, inflation...i am so high right now"

"Yeah, that's some good shit right there. SO DEEP."

tl;dr When on drugs, don't try directing or writing. But hey, at least you can still make good music.
Jul 5, 2011 9:04 PM

Dec 2010
Mormegil said:

If you're Anno, you can ONLY direct while high.
Jul 5, 2011 11:30 PM
Dec 2009
Best anime I have watched in a long time. Kudos to the creator and the people working behind this. The concepts were fresh, the storyline was straightforward, there was an introduction, body and conclusion that were well-presented, the character cast were portrayed thoroughly, the animation could have been better yet the interesting show made this a non-issue, lastly, the music seems to fit.

I won't give it a numerical rating since who needs one? This show is enjoyable, which is all that matters. It is my utmost desire to see more anime as enjoyable as this in the future. Godspeed.
Jul 6, 2011 12:10 AM
Mar 2009
Yumekichi11 said:

From the looks of Hanabi's house, well it does not look like she lives there anymore with that family coming out.

Of course It may be truth but what happend with Hanabi???.It would mean that she does not exist in the future.Maybe she has disappeared with Msyu at the same time because she saw the same colorful bubbles which were in FD and made Msyu to disappear. We can presume that the bubbles which occured in the city were invisible for normal people,who were not connected with FD and she saw them.

The second possiblility, less possible is that the place was rather Daisuke Ebara house,Yoga's teacher who lost his family after losing to Kimimaro .Yoga went there to check if the family has recovered. When he saw them all together he knew that the world has returned to normal.

There is also the third possibility that it was older Hanabi with his husband and children but then we should ask why there passed some many years???

GigaSPX said:

What's confusing is the ending. Kimimaro becomes ghost-like and he's unable to make contact with live people is what I'm getting the message? That just sounds a bit unfortunate, but this isn't exactly a closure to one of the most hard-worked anime to be only 11 episodes.

Nice notice.I think that may be truth, but it would signify, that Yoga has devoted his whole future in exchange for the future of man kind.I think it was not Hanabi, because he wanted to call her but he notice that it wasn't her.

kingvinceJul 6, 2011 5:16 AM
Jul 6, 2011 9:12 PM
May 2010
After struggling to finish this, i find this anime pretentious. It's a simple shonen disguised so it seems more complicated than it is. It's almost like someone said: I have a good idea, let's take a shonen and change some words so it sounds more complicated than it is!

Animation was really bad, not to mention the editing who seems to be made by a 1 year old baby. It's like trying to find a tool in a super messy tool shop. It's a total trainwreck, with the story all over the place.

The only good part was the music.
Jul 7, 2011 1:28 PM

Sep 2010
c'mon, people are dissin' this series too much! I found it an entertaining series, even though I do realize its flaws. Hope there's a second season to clear things up with the characters' futures (damn open endings), but I don't see how they could come up with a plot for a second season.
Jul 7, 2011 10:11 PM

Jun 2008
HORRIBLE animation to the bitter end...

Since I NEVER rate based on animation I won't put the HORRIBLE animation in consideration of my score.

Either way I don't believe this was a bad ending....however, it's not a good ending either....it doesn't really make much sense...

In fact, most of this series didn't make sense, it had a good premise, however the storyline was stupid and uninteresting.....IMO.

This is definitely weird, I never felt this anime was really bad, but I also never thought it was all that good.

6/10....MEH ending, and MEH logic!
Jul 7, 2011 10:16 PM
Jul 2007
The series started out slow, but it ended on a good note. Wish it showed Yoga got his dad back, and what happens to Mikuni.
Jul 7, 2011 10:27 PM

Apr 2011
It was a nice ending but not great, either way they couldn't have achieved a great ending in just 11 episodes.
Jul 7, 2011 11:26 PM

Mar 2009
notsureifsrs said:
Mormegil said:

If you're Anno, you can ONLY direct while high.

Or in a state of depression. =P
Jul 8, 2011 5:27 AM

Apr 2010
From what I understand of the ending, is that.... LeLouch is still alive.
Jul 8, 2011 2:16 PM

Feb 2011
this serie really needed far more episodes to fully develop
but maybe it was this short to cover the lack of development at the root
a bit unsatisfyed about that, but at least are left the good ideas to look at :|

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jul 9, 2011 5:14 AM
Jul 2009
Seriously confused here, what just happened? No idea how to rate this series.
Jul 9, 2011 5:29 PM

Nov 2008
I just finished to watch this anime and I had to say something: Don't know whether to hate or love it, seriously... it's the most bizarre anime ive seen in years, and it's ending... i'm still trying to understand it.

Do you think there will be a second season? xD
Jul 14, 2011 8:54 AM

Aug 2009
The truth is, this anime was beautiful, logically and emotionally.

I recently searched on AniDB and discovered this wonderful series. The art was incredible, the eyes were a bit too large but oh well, there is no perfect in anime art.

The reason why I loved the anime is that the logic was all very much true. You risk and fight with your "Future(Asset)" to achieve for the present. We all agree that money is the object that brings your status and life to a new rank. Therefore, its very reasonable and understanding that you risk your future in the present.

The ending was hurtful, very very hurtful due to the fact I got really attached to their relationship over a 11 episode period... damn they are good to do that to me. But if you really understand the anime, and understood the morale of the story and what he said at the end "Damn, I should've Smiled" it teaches us that he didn't need money to win, and that he should've made the most of his time and effort during the present. Either way, my trust is pointing toward the direction that they will meet again, but it will be quite one sided due to the fact it wouldn't make sense if Mysu's human form had her memories. But it's an anime... anything can happen :D

I hope there is an OVA to explains what happens, I hate animes that leave me hanging emotionally.
Jul 18, 2011 10:37 AM

Jul 2011
Think Kimimaro was normal. If he was a ghost and/or had no future then why would Masakaki have extended another invitation to him? Can't offer up a future as collateral if you don't have one to begin with. His relationships with others might have been a price he paid to reset things. Which would be fine, really. He saved the country and is still alive so he can make a new future for himself. He does seem to be worse off then when he started, which is a shame, but considering what could have happened it isn't so bad. Things worse for him, better for everyone else. Not a bad trade off. Not enough information to say for sure how is life is right now, though, but the Masakaki thing suggests that he is at least alive.

Despite the fact that I'm generally a person that wants to know every little thing about what I'm watching I was fine with what answers I got. Would have liked more, sure, but can't really expect more from something that's only 11 episodes. The only thing that really bothers me is the stuff with Hanabi. Still don't get what it was all about. Seems like something important about her got cut from the series somewhere. Because of time or something else, don't know. Also wonder who or what the "higher power" actually was. Someone actually divine? Demonic? Alien? Would have been interesting to see more.

Would like more but don't know if a second season would be a good thing. A lot has already been worked out. If there were to be a second season it'd probably be best to make someone else the primary focus. Most of Kimimaro's angle has played out. More of his stuff on the side would be good. Can't see how you'd be able to pull 11 more episodes with someone who's ties to the Financial District have already been cut. An OVA or two could probably work.

Overall thought the show was very good. Not perfect but still well done. Great concept and story. The only real problem I had was the pace but that's what you get when you try to cram so much in 11 episodes. Would give it 8/10 in the end. Probably a solid 9 if they did something to tie things up a little better.

Give this episode itself 5/5, 10/10. I'll admit as a final episode it isn't perfect but by itself I wouldn't have changed anything. Would just like more.
Jul 20, 2011 1:58 AM
Oct 2009
If Mikuni was the main character, I would've enjoyed this series more. I don't care about all those battle sequences, imo, it's a lame idea to begin with. On the plus side, the animation was good, love those director's touches. The symbolism was interesting. But the ending felt rushed and also very predictable. Seriously, when Q said something like, "let's quit fighting, bro". I went "What?! Why?!"

"WW.TF is yours." XD
The window, the window shopping! Hooo!
Jul 20, 2011 6:16 PM

Jan 2011
alexcampos said:

6/10....MEH ending, and MEH logic!

your watching anime expecting logic?

honestly i wasn't a big fan of the story. i'd give the story a 2/5

but some of the characters where quite enjoyable imo.
i luved Masakaki. he reminds me of QB, which i also luved
then Msyu, a very enjoyable character.

this is kinda off topic but, this is the third anime in a row that the girl has to die......it's like directors don't like main character to stay happy.
hellsascendantJul 20, 2011 6:21 PM
Hide behind the mighty wall of internet, i shall
Jul 24, 2011 12:39 AM

Nov 2006
People need to stop airing their shit on Noitamina.
Jul 30, 2011 7:24 PM

Jul 2010
well that was a very weird anime but it was good, atleast the kiss happened.

hellsascendant said:

this is kinda off topic but, this is the third anime in a row that the girl has to die......it's like directors don't like main character to stay happy.

thats becuz it would follow under the cliche "happy ending" so their trying to be more realistic and and give a more unexpected ending

Jul 31, 2011 2:37 PM

Jan 2011
supermegasonic said:

hellsascendant said:

thats becuz it would follow under the cliche "happy ending" so their trying to be more realistic and and give a more unexpected ending

Well now the "girl has to die" and melancholy ending is becoming the cliche.
[center]
Aug 1, 2011 11:07 PM

Jan 2011
VioLink said:
supermegasonic said:

hellsascendant said:

Well now the "girl has to die" and melancholy ending is becoming the cliche.

aye, and annoying at that, more so than having a cliche happy ending
Hide behind the mighty wall of internet, i shall
Aug 3, 2011 10:40 PM

Jan 2010
After I watch the whole episodes all at once, I think the animation is quite good, only several times it got bad. And About the fighting scene, it just so...weird but unique..I mean, action scene when the theme is about money? it was difficult I say...
So...I like the 'deal' thing...it so new for me...except it's similar to yugioh or what...
Like when the Entre got hurt by direct attack, it's not blodd that comes out from the wound, it's the midas money.. .
So, overall, I like this show...

It's not that I understand all the Financial District thing and the economical issues...I don't understand a single damn thing about it, but I don't really mind it... As long as I enjoy the show, it not bothers me like you most of you here...

Everything didn't make sense. Yes I admit it. But like I said before, I don't give a damn about that..

Kimimaro and Msyu is an OK character...and there's just that.

I'm sure this show will be a lot better if it has 25 episodes long.

So, I rate it 7/10
Aug 6, 2011 11:14 AM
Jul 2009
At the end of 11episode there was a person explaining sth to main character. Who was he?

I'm a student of international business so watching series about economy was NICE:D
I LOVED the fights!!!
Characters, art, story and music was SOOO COOOL!!!
9/10 only because of 11 episodes;(
It was WAY TO SHORT also fights were cut or not shown- IMO fights were AWESOME:D.

@up
Giga''What's confusing is the ending. Kimimaro becomes ghost-like and he's unable to make contact with live people is what I'm getting the message? ''
It's because he saved future and give up his ''NOW'' in the opposite way to that guy which for money gave his future;] That's why Myasu was gone- she is his future and do not exist in present.

''How is Q his sister i thought his sister already died.''
As he entered financial district he lost some of his future-that was a life with his sister. So did main character with Myasu. In anime one said ''asets represent your future'' I quess lost one.

''What of Mikuni? Has he been wiped out of existence?''
As he said. I stay in present. So I qess he decided to live in not-changed by main character universe.

IAlready''I mean how can he invite Yoga if he is an invisible dude'' You forget that this dude with pink hair was invisible to rest of ppl so...''

''C'' to me represent CRYSIS in overall;]
batonikAug 7, 2011 4:13 AM
xxx
Aug 18, 2011 12:40 PM

Dec 2009
The ending reminded me of Madoka ... weird but sad ... 8/10.
Sep 22, 2011 4:42 PM

Dec 2009
Karasuchan said:
The ending reminded me of Madoka

But Madoka was 100 times better. I so regret watching C, for me it was damn bad.
3/10.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Discussion on a general question

akarsh_kumar - Sep 21, 2023

6 by LostInLove »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » C Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 16, 2011

135 by basskiller »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:55 PM

» As a whole what did you think of this anime?

ZoarialShadow - Jan 19, 2017

19 by Abyhape »»
Jul 12, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » C Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

116 by GosuDRM »»
Jun 30, 2023 12:37 AM

Poll: » C Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 26, 2011

114 by greed2 »»
May 1, 2023 9:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.