Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2011 8:12 AM

Dec 2009
I wanted more of an afterwards but overall it was good
Jun 24, 2011 8:19 AM

May 2010
Lol that english song was so out of place when she kissed him
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 24, 2011 8:19 AM

Nov 2009
The battle was actually... too long maybe? I would have liked for him to have had time to confront hanabi, but i guess after getting a conclusive Mashu x Kimiwaro that wouldn't happen.

The ending was okay but it just didn't feel right. It was pretty unfulfilling.
Jun 24, 2011 8:28 AM
Apr 2010
Well, Kimimaro accepted the toll. It was for the future! Ending is Great! felt like that how it is to be. in other roundup...story is perfectly written, Sacrifice have to made for accomplishing Greater things! BTW Fight scene is really really good, That Punch makes me shiver! :D
Jun 24, 2011 8:29 AM

Jun 2011
I agree with rooma4hell, there reallly should be an OVA or sumthin . Too many things that could still be explaine din further detail, but i still loved the episode. Fav char will hae to be masakaki though, cuz o the way his makes moneymaking sounds every time he steps, anyone else notice that? xD
Jun 24, 2011 8:43 AM

May 2007
I just finished this series, I watched both episode 10 and 11 like I did with AnoHana.

I'll start off by pro-claiming that I really like both the OP and ED for this series and I do like the animation went it does look good but sometimes it looks messed up with the eyes being drawn badly at times. ;)

It looked like Jennifer actually died in the financial district because her body was pretty much cut in half but you can't kill someone in there apart from destroying their "future". Hence, I'm glad that the cute and sexy chick survived and shed tears of happiness in the end. :rolleyes:

I wonder what "[C]" really meant.....tbh, I didn't really get it. That's what I think was disappointing about this series is that the core plot is somewhat simple but what surrounds it is a disappointing mess, not making much sense and all. AnoHana had a simple core plot but was executed very well, with good character development and basic stuff like that.

I'm a little confused as to why he didn't call out to "Hana-bi" or was that not really her because he stopped in mid-sentence when trying to say something to her.

Also, the random family that came out of Hana-bi's house: -

Does this mean that the present was restored but in a way that the old present that Kimimaro was from is different. Could it be because of all the future coming back from the ppl who lost duels earlier on in the financial district. I'm confused about this ending, I've read in other forums that Kimimaro can't interact with people anymore because he has no future per say or something like that.....apparently he doesn't exist anymore. :blink: At first, I just thought everything went back to being normal but these differing opinions have made me unsure.

I wouldn't mind a second season but that seems like wishful thinking....I would like some of my questions to be answered though. ;)

I'm rating this series a 7.5/10 rating, I'm actually being generous too, I was thinking of giving it a 6 to 7/10 whilst watching the last episode.
Jun 24, 2011 8:45 AM

Apr 2008
Okay.... because of ending downrated from 8/10 to 7/10 sorry. I'll be honest though, yeah, it's because I didn't understand shit from this episode, yen drops,midas money suddenly becomes visible to everyone... disappears, half midas half regular bills, oeh look everything is nice colours breaking down but oh PSYCHE, Financial district just still around blabla future talk blabla w/e happened to Hanabi/Mikuni !?
Jun 24, 2011 9:07 AM
Jun 2011
Amazing episode.

For me the best anime this season.
Jun 24, 2011 9:12 AM

Feb 2008
it was confusing but still gets a 9/10, is kimimaro a ghost or what? instead of all of that rambling at the part in the end masakaki could of at least explained that
Jun 24, 2011 9:16 AM
Jul 2010
I didn't like the ending. At all. Good as an episode, bad as a final one. Devaluing the yen, thus making the chain reaction stop was fine and the battle was somewhat cool (though I'm not a fan of that type of battles). But everything else was awful.

The higher power appeared but got no explanation as to its origin or intentions. He seemed like some sort of strange god who supports the meta-ethical relativism xD Although what he said kinda describes what happened (both Kimimaro and Mikuni were fighting for what they valued, the former just happened to win), generalizing such a position is quite ironic (and out of place) for a "higher power".

We also got no conclusion regarding Kimimaro's father (we didn't even get any leads with which to work out our own conclusion) nor concerning the reason his card suddenly turned into a Darkness Card last episode.

Moreover, the purpose of the Financial District is also one of the most half-assed ones I've seen. It exists to make the world better. Yeah, right, things were certainly better in the end but they wouldn't have been that bad in the first place, wasn't it for the FD. So I guess the short answer is: the Financial District just exists. It's there, accept it. And I'm not happy with such an answer.

I also got really confused about what happened to Mikuni... Was the guy stuck in an endless last day with is sister? And why did she disappear? I consider myself an analytic person and enjoy shows that give you just enough to reach your own conclusions but this... It was left way too open.

The thing I enjoyed the most in this ending was probably the way the analogy that can be established with the modern economic development and its cyclic character. The FD slowly eats away the economy, ending up threatening the future of mankind (crisis), then all is solved, the future is returned, and life goes back to normal (prosperity), meaning there is now more future to take as a collateral and everything starts all over again. At least they did a good job portraying that.

In the end, [C] had a really interesting base concept and approached it in an original way but the execution just fell short. I could even risk saying the execution totally failed. It was an enjoyable (even if messy) ride for the most part of it, managed to impress me at a moment or two, but ultimately disappointed with the ending. Overall, it gets a 7/10 from me.
Jun 24, 2011 9:20 AM
Jul 2008
I wish there was more to the ending than just the
Jun 24, 2011 9:41 AM
Dec 2010
Seriously, this is the ending? It's like taking a stereotypical, evangelical ending and pasting it into their idea of money. And they block out the faces at the important parts. I'm rather mixed at rating this.
Someone believe I hv Fantasy Prone Personality, in short, FPP.
So I decided to live up to it, Yay!
Jun 24, 2011 9:52 AM

Jun 2011
Dusk252 said:
The higher power appeared but got no explanation as to its origin or intentions. He seemed like some sort of strange god who supports the meta-ethical relativism xD Although what he said kinda describes what happened (both Kimimaro and Mikuni were fighting for what they valued, the former just happened to win), generalizing such a position is quite ironic (and out of place) for a "higher power".

Moreover, the purpose of the Financial District is also one of the most half-assed ones I've seen. It exists to make the world better. Yeah, right, things were certainly better in the end but they wouldn't have been that bad in the first place, wasn't it for the FD. So I guess the short answer is: the Financial District just exists. It's there, accept it. And I'm not happy with such an answer.

I think the purpose of the financial district and the higher powers intention are possibly the completion of the world, since after Kimimaro returned the future the higher power told him the world is close to completion. It is rather vauge but it could be used as ground work along with some of the holes of C for a second season but i just get the feeling they dont intend for a second season but i hope i am wrong.

Btw some people are hating on the ending way to much yes there were some unanswered questions but there were also answers as well so its not like they did not give us any answers. I will say it would be nice for a 2nd season i just feel there is still more of a story to tell unlike with mahou shoujo madoka magica which i did feel was done and should stay done, C without a doubt has a second season in it

The last episode was good it kept me focused locked on it and intrested all the way through i rewatched it a few times after because i liked it so much (also looking for answers to the unaswered, but could not find them.) If they are to leave C alone after this, then yes it need a longer epilogue but i would still give C an 8+ for a score it was all throughout a very good anime it just has some flaws but not enough to ruin it for me.

Btw the people scoring it 6's or lower thats just retarded only trash or boring as hell crap deserves that. Even scoring this as a 7 is pushing it. To me anything below 6.5 i wont even look at, 7 to me is an average anime and to me C is not an average anime and worth a 8+
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Jun 24, 2011 10:40 AM
Nov 2010
Well... That was confusing. I have like, no idea what was going on, and I can't figure out what happened to him in specific. Is he some ghost? Or does no one even know him anymore? And was Mysu really his daughter? This anime just left so many questions... I'd wish for a second season, but I doubt there will be one.

Also, that strange glowy guy with all of the Masakaki's.... My first thought was "Is that Jesus?"
Jun 24, 2011 10:41 AM
May 2011
I didn't get it. But I didn't get the story as a whole too ... maybe I watched the wrong subs? (Doki).

The whole story felt rushed and I could not connect to the characters. More questions than answers at the end. This anime badly needs a better closure, then it might get a better score from me. So only 5/10, maybe 6/10 because Mashyu is so cute.
Jun 24, 2011 11:06 AM

Aug 2008
This show had much more potential, it started off well then went downhill.
Personally, I think it needed much more explanation since I still can't grasp it's concept completely.
Masakaki was probably the only thing entertaining about it~
Jun 24, 2011 11:54 AM

Aug 2009
This episode definitely wasn't as good as the amazing 8th, 9th or 10th episode but I guess it was okay, passable as an ending.

8/10 for this anime, I thought it was awesome. I really enjoyed the battles, they were great and very fun to watch. Especially episode 10's battle, that was just... wow.
Jun 24, 2011 12:11 PM

Aug 2008
nothing was answered in the end. Everything was left open. What a waste of time, I'd have rather watched paint dry... at least there's a conclusion with that!

Jun 24, 2011 12:45 PM

Jan 2009
Suddenly, Msyu is a pokemon. Okay. Really though, kind of sad, but Pokemon's got better story than this.

And suddenly, it felt like I was watching Star Driver again. But alas, that one's also better.

Well, now that this battle shounen deep money animu is over, time to watch something else.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 24, 2011 12:48 PM
Dec 2010
Endar said:
I think people are putting too much of a negative spin on the ending.

First of all, I have not seen it said anywhere in the episode that says Kimimaru is some kind of ghost. The only things are that the professors kid did not see him and Hanabi not saying hi. Both of those can be explained by other reason.

Kimimaru might have walked away before the kid looked, and Hanabi is busy working with kids, she can't exactly stop to chit chat. And she just might not have seen him.

So as far as I can tell, Kimimaru is still a normal person.
Secondly, things are looking good.

* Hanabi is sane and doing work as a student teacher. And no, she does not look older or anything.
* The professor has his family back.
* Japan seems to be back to normal. Just the yen is being replaced by the dollar.
* We don't know about Kimimaru's co-worker who disappeared, not that he had much of a future to begin with.
* We don't know if Singapore is back, though I would say that it's not.

What was left out of the ending was how Kimimaru's father managed to go bankrupt and Kimimaru is still here.

where did you see the professor have his family back?
blaze it
Jun 24, 2011 12:49 PM

Sep 2010
This reminds my of Fractale. That show had an ending that wasn't understandable completely, and it's a Noitamina series. And of course that it was a creat concept, but a that the ending was flawed.

I find it annoying that actually nothing is changed, because the Financial District still exists so it can change the world like it did in the last episodes. And I don't mind an open end, but this way there's almost nothing that's clear to me.
And I wanted Hanabi back, but it seems like we're never getting an OVA with another timeline or something, because that would be really interesting and maybe that way they could make a ending that is great.
Wakaranai~~
ObinderuJun 24, 2011 12:55 PM
Jun 24, 2011 1:09 PM
Nov 2009
I liked it. It was a bit muddled, but not that hard to understand. At the end he fixes everything. That's about it. It's a bit more happy than I would have liked, but other than that it was cool. If they were trying to make a point about the world's financial system then it's kind of lost on me, but the Kimimaro vs. Mikuni clash of ideals was quality stuff.

Though the song they picked for the kiss was... well... that could have been better to say the least.
Jun 24, 2011 1:21 PM
Dec 2007
Award for best battle, best ending episode, best director, best scenario, best main character (seriously Kimimaro is one of the most incredible male leads I've seen in an anime in a loooooong time), best OP, best ED and obviously best series of the year for now. Guess that's a 10 for me. Only downside would be the length of the series of course, it deserved 13 episodes clearly (but well, noitaminA gives us amazing animes all year round - except last season - we can forgive their 11-episodes format surely ?).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 24, 2011 1:26 PM

Oct 2010
koolvid said:
He does not but if you take into consideration that Hanabi is back to normal then the family is indeed back of that teacher. That's what made Hanabi depressed and most likely suicidal. Now that the teacher's family is back, she moved on that do exactly like what that teacher was doing.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 24, 2011 1:29 PM
Jul 2010
Slicer22 said:
Dusk252 said:

I think the purpose of the financial district and the higher powers intention are possibly the completion of the world, since after Kimimaro returned the future the higher power told him the world is close to completion. It is rather vauge but it could be used as ground work along with some of the holes of C for a second season but i just get the feeling they dont intend for a second season but i hope i am wrong.

Btw the people scoring it 6's or lower thats just retarded only trash or boring as hell crap deserves that. Even scoring this as a 7 is pushing it. To me anything below 6.5 i wont even look at, 7 to me is an average anime and to me C is not an average anime and worth a 8+
I don't know if we watched different subs but in Doki's, the "higher power" only says that all the bad stuff exists in order to guide humanity to a better future and that Kimimaro and everyone else fought for a better world and, in the end, it improved. Nice moral stuff (after that questionable bit about the subjectivity of ethics), that's for sure, but it still doesn't explain the FD's purpose, it only groups it with all the other evils and disasters in the world. In sum, it means the FD is there, and just as every hardship, makes people (and the world as a whole) grow and become better. What's actually bullshit, imo, since yes, the world improved when you compare it to the mess it was.... except that mess was caused by the Financial Distric itself.

As for people giving [C] a 6/10 (I gave it a 7/10), I don't think it's that bad. 6 is "Above Average", while 5 is "Average" here on MAL. So it's not only trash that deserves such a rating. (I rarely rate things bellow 7 though, unless they bore me / annoy me to death. But I give a whole lot of high ratings so... Besides, if I had more term of comparison, I'd probably rate things lower.) And while [C] was enjoyable, its story was ultimately flawed. Not only the ending didn't give a proper closure to lots of issues, but throughout the whole series, some things would just happen with no previous explanation or foreshadowing with some sort of rushed explanation (or none at all) as to why they happened / how they functioned, which made me have to suspend my disbelief several times while watching this. An example would be America bouncing the chain reaction. That scene was ridiculous and the only thing the green Masasaki clone said was "America has many super entrepreneurs!". Either way, I don't even know why I'm ranting so much about this show when I'm totally late with studying for my exams but whatever...
Jun 24, 2011 1:33 PM

Sep 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
koolvid said:
He does not but if you take into consideration that Hanabi is back to normal then the family is indeed back of that teacher. That's what made Hanabi depressed and most likely suicidal. Now that the teacher's family is back, she moved on that do exactly like what that teacher was doing.

I don't understand you completely.
First, Masakaki said that the girl that was caretaker of those children lookie like Hanabi but wasn't her. Am I right?
I haven't ever understood why Hanabi got depressed, it looks like you know, but I don't completely understand what you've written.
And do you mean that IF it is Hanabi as caretaker and she wanted to do what the teacher was doing, since when did she wanted to do that?
Jun 24, 2011 1:45 PM

Jan 2010
Ovindel said:
Yumekichi11 said:
koolvid said:

First, Masakaki said that the girl that was caretaker of those children lookie like Hanabi but wasn't her. Am I right?
I haven't ever understood why Hanabi got depressed, it looks like you know, but I don't completely understand what you've written.
And do you mean that IF it is Hanabi as caretaker and she wanted to do what the teacher was doing, since when did she wanted to do that?

Yeah... Hanabi is really a lose end in this whole series. We hardly know anything about her and we never got a concrete explanation as to why she was depressed.

All we know about her is

If I missed something, please let me know.

Now we got the first four of those in the first episode. So yeah, her character was never really explored.

It's the same as this ending, vague and with several possible interpretations.

I think that they needed to develop the story a little more before they ended it and I would have liked a clearer epilogue.
EndarJun 24, 2011 1:49 PM
Jun 24, 2011 2:09 PM

Jun 2009
This finale left a lot to be desired for me. The battle was nice...could have used less dialogue but whatever. And I had to roll my eyes to the whole "my ill sister wants today to never end so that is why I want to preserve the present so badly."

But as mentioned in prior posts a lot of questions left unanswered and Hanabi was never really explored...one day she has some boyfriend we see for 5 mins, goes to class, and then she's all depressed. Could have done a little better with that I think.

The series was interesting, the concept really got me in the beginning but would have expected a little more from it. And it was a lil funny how he did all that work to save the futures only to realize he can't destroy the FD and it continues.

Anyway, 7/10 (7.5 but rounding down)
Jun 24, 2011 2:20 PM

Oct 2010
Well nice ending original story and quite intriguing if i spell it right.
Jun 24, 2011 2:23 PM

Sep 2010
Endar said:

Yeah... Hanabi is really a lose end in this whole series. We hardly know anything about her and we never got a concrete explanation as to why she was depressed.

All we know about her is

Now we got the first four of those in the first episode. So yeah, her character was never really explored.

It's the same as this ending, vague and with several possible interpretations.

I think that they needed to develop the story a little more before they ended it and I would have liked a clearer epilogue.

And again Fractale-like, not explaining many things.
Jun 24, 2011 2:38 PM

Jan 2010
HAHAHAHAHAHA

So many unanswered questions and plot holes. Loved it. In the end, Kimmimaro was left alone but everyone has a happy future. Shame.
Jun 24, 2011 2:39 PM

Oct 2009
So... What was his future?...
Jun 24, 2011 2:43 PM

Dec 2010
koolvid said:

Remember the house that Kimimaro visited before he goes back to the park. Then the kids started coming out and when the kid look outside, Kimimaro already left. I mean who is the only person he's gonna visit except Hanabi, certainly that's the professors house.
Jun 24, 2011 2:51 PM

Sep 2010
IAlready said:
koolvid said:

Remember the house that Kimimaro visited before he goes back to the park. Then the kids started coming out and when the kid look outside, Kimimaro already left. I mean who is the only person he's gonna visit except Hanabi, certainly that's the professors house.

Wait, if you look carefully you can see the face of the father (I assume) of the children, so why would it be the professors house? And that house is Hanabi's, right? What do those have to do with eachother?
Jun 24, 2011 3:04 PM

Jan 2010
Aurao said:
So... What was his future?...

Fan fiction

Ovindel said:
IAlready said:
koolvid said:

Wait, if you look carefully you can see the face of the father (I assume) of the children, so why would it be the professors house? And that house is Hanabi's, right? What do those have to do with eachother?

I thought the same thing. "Wait, wasn't that Hanabi's house?". I don't know what the deal is. It could be lazy animation.
Jun 24, 2011 3:04 PM

Jul 2009
Hmm.. so in the end, nothing really changed; except now they have a so called guardian (the boy) who will forever fight for the future because continuously will people use their futures as collaterals in trying to benefit themselves or the 'world'. But in the grand scheme of the things, the future will always be brighter? And to the guy who said is the boy able to talk to anyone, what made you think that?

Anyway, 8/10.
Jun 24, 2011 3:09 PM

Jan 2010
Kurogashi said:
Hmm.. so in the end, nothing really changed; except now they have a so called guardian (the boy) who will forever fight for the future because continuously will people use their futures as collaterals in trying to benefit themselves or the 'world'. But in the grand scheme of the things, the future will always be brighter? And to the guy who said is the boy able to talk to anyone, what made you think that?

Anyway, 8/10.

Yeah, pretty much everything is the same.

I just thought that since it was not said in the dialogue that he's a ghost, that he might not be. If he is a ghost, he got cheated.
Jun 24, 2011 3:32 PM

Jul 2009
Lol well C was definitely original, and with a shit load of potential. But alas, what's done is done; thankfully it wasn't a total disaster. Now what does C stand for, I think it stands for Control but maybe I am wrong.

And I am guessing that the Japan's financial district was destroy, but only to be replaced by the United States' financial district?

Entres = Entrepreneurs; took me 11 episodes to get that, heh.

And meh, I don't think animes always need an absolute closure, it's good to think for yourself, rarely in life will things be presented on a silver platter; that said, this anime does have some loose ends which would've benefited the anime as a whole if answered.

So Mikuni was so obsessed with the present because his sister is still there for him because in the future she would be dead (I assume she's practically on her death bed)?

I don't think he's a ghost, there's nothing that stood out saying he's a ghost. Well actually... when the kid looked at the pole and no one is there, that could've meant they couldn't see him OR he just pulled one of those ninja poof moves and got out of there fast lol.

And that day care girl in the end who resembled his friend, that wasn't Hanabi right? So it makes sense that she didn't recognize him, because she doesn't know him!

Ok, now that I think about it, the ending definitely wasn't too shabby. Only things I would like to know more would probably be about why is Kimmimaro (sp check) still there even though his father got bankrupt? How did his father pull a hoodini, I thought his son should be his collateral. What happened to Hanabi, and that was the professor with the kids at the end, right? Yeah... 8/10 lol.
Jun 24, 2011 3:34 PM

Feb 2011
I am not satisfied. Not at all.

I think the ending was rubbish.
Why? because.

that's my opinion on the conclusion.

Good series, very very very bad ending
Jun 24, 2011 3:36 PM

Jun 2010
Honestly, w t f. I had really high expectations for this anime, but as soon as i knew it would only have 11 episodes, i didn't really believe it was gonna develop much.

I'm gonna start with a few bad points of this anime.

The ending was highly confusing. There were too many unexplained things. It could be one of those endings where you have to make your own interpretation of it because it's all deep and stuff, but this is really not the case, you have too many doubts to take any conclusions of this anime.

Unexplained: who was Kimimaro's father, really? Is there any deeper meaning behind his asset looking like Msyu? What was the whole deal with Q being Mikuni's sister? What happened to him? What happened to the assets? And it goes on...

As for the ending, there are some theories floating around: Kimimaro has turned into a ghost-like personality, that's why no one sees him, people didn't see him cause they just didn't notice and his life is normal again, things are completely different and he can't connect to the people he used to because of that, etc....

When an anime's ending is like that, you can't evaluate it because you have no idea of how it truly ended. I have no idea in which of these theories i should believe.

Also, the animation was not good, i confess. They were sometimes really lazy, and things just didn't look right most of the times, especially with Kimimaro [which sucks cause he's the main character]

There are good things, though. The concept of the anime was brilliant from the start, and the way they developed it, the clash of ideas between the characters, it really makes you think, it's amazing.

And i must say that in this last episode, i cried a lot. The scene between Kimimaro and Msyu is probably one of the sweetest anime scenes i've ever seen, and i was really upset that he had to say goodbye to Msyu, since she was probably my favorite character.

Overall, i don't really know how i'd rate this anime. How do you rate an anime you don't understand? I don't know what they're planning, OVAs, 2nd season, i have no idea. But if they're planning any of that, it has to be REALLY good, cause it's gonna be hard with the way the left it.

PS- I absolutely adored Masakaki. The ending did not take my love for him away.
Jun 24, 2011 3:36 PM

Dec 2010
Ovindel said:
IAlready said:
koolvid said:

They try to keep it as a subtle but why did Kimimaro left already when he heard the kids voices and see them going out? I mean he haven't heard of Hanabi right? and the possibility of the family being Hanabi and her un-named boyfriend getting married is also out of sight. I don't really recall some episodes but I think Hanabi also don't have a sibling.

edit:
I mean the only character that the loss of kids symbolize was the Professor and Hanabi is of different loss which is her future as a caregiver. Masakaki also said, "Upon seeing the caregiver that looks like the girl your really fond of....makes you think she's enjoying her own future somewhere"(not literrally but I think masakaki tried to say it that way)...and he said it because it's Yoga's thoughts..then if Yoga is wondering about Hanabi's future then he didn't saw her. That's why I think he saw the professor instead.
LiaisonJun 24, 2011 3:39 PM
Jun 24, 2011 4:03 PM

May 2009
I believe this was supposed to be a 26 episode series (with that "26th episode Noitamina anime" fail English line during the ED)... then got cut short and pacing got fucked up, this could've been the best series of the season IMO if they had executed it better, this left more unanswered questions than anything. Though unsatisfying, it was an average ending, not the worst but could've been much better with the proper build-up.

Why couldn't this be 26 ep long Q.Q
Jun 24, 2011 4:29 PM

Jan 2010
They probably would have fixed some of your problems if it was longer.
Jun 24, 2011 4:54 PM

Oct 2010
nice ending, still a bit confused about every thing though :S a bit sad my Mashyu saying good bye like that, but if there still is a financial district then, she hasn't actually went then right?
Jun 24, 2011 4:55 PM

Oct 2010
Ovindel said:
Yumekichi11 said:
koolvid said:
It is her simply because of that beauty point she has in the spoiler
Any more questions?
Ovindel said:

She got first depressed because a teacher of hers from either her family or that she appreciated enough to be a caretaker of kids was killed in a accident that may have resulted from FD battles.
Ovindel said:
She did because of her feelings at the time of that teacher's death like having a collection of the writings she did in kindergarten and then throwing them out because that teacher is dead. There is a lot of paying attention and figurative speech to find out some stuff but takes a lot of time so not many have the patience. I for one analyzed the battle in the first page and that took some time to point out the details.

Not everyone has the time but people like that may have some, tend to try and explain stuff.

Jun 24, 2011 4:56 PM

Dec 2007
Do you guys really need every little detail about what happened explained to you? A lot of shows, including this one, leave endings up for interpretation. It's ridiculous, you get mad and says it's a bad show, or a bad ending because it doesn't hold your hand the entire way, and makes you think of various possibilities. If you need everything explained to you, you just have no imagination.
mokuzu-Jun 24, 2011 4:59 PM
Jun 24, 2011 5:00 PM

Oct 2010
Endar said:
Yes we do know but it was spoon fed like a direct conversation with Kimimaro that they could have put to explain to us her depression or like the time he came to her place.
Endar said:
All we know about her is

Mostly all this and that she has strong values of saving money and spending it. Her boyfriend may be nameless but we do know he is rich.
Endar said:
No it was not explored sadly and I wished her boyfriend may have had a FD influence or that she herself would join FD to make some WTF situation at Kimimaro but sadly none got there. Hanabi was essentially a support character for Kimimaro that had nothing to do with FD and was a same school buddy for Kimimaro.

Jun 24, 2011 5:20 PM

Jun 2009
I don't know what everyone's problem is with the ending. Kimimaro returns to all the places that were important to him before moving on. A thematically appropriate ending with closure, if nothing else.

Also, I'm not sure why anyone thinks that Kimimaro is invisible/dead/etc. The reason the kid didn't see Kimimaro when he visited Hanabi's house was because he had already left. It's the typical scene where the main character goes back to watch from afar someone he once knew, someone looks in the MC's direction, but he's gone. He could have asked them where she went, but he's not there to try to regain that past. He's there to get closure so that he can let go. And that's what most of Kimimaro's character development was: learning to let go of the past and look to the future. Granted, not a very profound or original development, but at least he got one. Most of the other characters were entirely static, which is why they didn't need a part in the ending. They'll just go beck to doing whatever they were doing before the events of the show.

Using the depreciation of the black Yen bills to break the [C]ontrol of the financial district on Japan did seem pretty questionable to me too, but I think that it was a lot better than the non-plot that we had had for the past 9 episodes. Certainly, I wouldn't say that it quite reached the level of a deus ex machina. It was planned out, and did have it's own logic to it.
Jun 24, 2011 5:42 PM

Jul 2010
Another anime that suffered due to its length. I love short anime, but C bit more than it could chew. Granted, it's nigh impossible to present and flesh out all those ideas and characters, all in 11 episodes.

I'm disappointed, but I wouldn't call it bad. I dug the final duel, but the ending as a whole was one giant WTF.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Discussion on a general question

akarsh_kumar - Sep 21, 2023

6 by LostInLove »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » C Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 16, 2011

135 by basskiller »»
Sep 12, 2023 10:55 PM

» As a whole what did you think of this anime?

ZoarialShadow - Jan 19, 2017

19 by Abyhape »»
Jul 12, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » C Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

116 by GosuDRM »»
Jun 30, 2023 12:37 AM

Poll: » C Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 26, 2011

114 by greed2 »»
May 1, 2023 9:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.