MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Fun anime where main has a hidden power or is holding back?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime & Manga Recommendations »» Fun anime where main has a hidden power or is holding back?

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

06-22-11, 8:04 AM

Hey, I'm looking for an anime like I said in the topic. Right now, I'd rather watch something that's somewhat serious, but not to the point of like Blue Gender, Neon Genesis, Casshern Sins, etc (unless it's really good). Here's some examples of what I mean.

Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka? - Ayuuma looks like he can't do shit, but he's damn strong, and on top of that, he's invincible lol.

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu - Ryner is lazy and completely unmotivated, but he's definitely strong. Also, Ferris is damn strong too, and a male and female being strong together is a HUGE bonus.

Chrome Shelled Regios

Hokuto no Ken (Oh yeah!)

Naruto - I'm pretty sure people underestimate him, but he's insanely strong too.

Trigun

Trinity Blood

I'm currently experiencing a massive brain fart, but those are good enough examples. Something with supernatural powers or superhuman strength is what I'm looking for. I can't really explain it though, but something that would just be fun to watch I guess. It doesn't need to have a load of comedy like Gintama or Beezlebub, if you think I mean that kind of "fun". You can just look at my list for other anime I really enjoyed, if you want to add something based on them.

I prefer romance in there, but I think I've run dry on anime with my preferences that have romance. Don't want a male lead like in Kanokon, Ah! My Goddess!, etc. Rather not have some kid as the main or a main with glasses, but Eishirou from Sora no Otoshimono was cool haha. There's some more mains with glasses that I can't think of right now, but no glasses would be better. Something that doesn't have a tragic ending would also be best.

I'm picky, I know haha, but if you could help me out, I would really appreciate it. Just hard to find something that I would really enjoy.

P.S. I don't mind nudity (like Elfen Lied), ecchi, harem, mecha, fan service, drama, romance (always a plus).

I don't want shounen-ai, reverse harem, bishounen, yoai, yuri.

06-22-11, 11:38 AM

ehh...

good question, i actually want to find some of these too ;)

um...

Ao no exorcist -- son of satan (he didnt know), really strong : airing
Law of Ueki -- wins using tree power thing: i dropped, didnt like
Battle Programmer Shirase : not ecchi, but its kind of awkward because there is always a helicopter / earthquake / something that makes him and someone else fall. Then someone walks in and needs his help, think he is being a loli, and is like... better look the other way because this is of national importance. He never bothers explaining it was an accident or something either. Either way he has some serious hacking skills.. if thats a power

Code Geass? You should know about this one
Black Cat -- really powerful assassin, probably the strongest or one of them
Full Metal Panic, i like this one :D. Story line is kind of weird overall but the episodes are funny and the guy is kind of serious initially. Fumoffu made me laugh. Gigantic teddy bear with Machine guns?

Infinte Stratos: 1 guy that can use special mechs. All other users are girls. His sister was the strongest mech user in the world, so he is expected to be. He is pretty good, has hidden power and all.

Senjou no valkyria: clueless looking girl is actually strongest person in the world, only discovered in last few eps though ;)

pm me if you know more? I already know all the ones on your list ;) and i need more to watch

06-22-11, 11:44 AM

gintama =D but u only get to see their powers in arcs
mukuro-sama♥ hibari-sama♥fon-sama♥
My top wanted things:
1. Yato umbrellas!!
2. Mukuro's left eye
3. LEON!!! (KHR)

06-22-11, 11:45 AM

Katanagatari. Best part is, you don't know hes holding back

06-22-11, 12:06 PM

Rosario + Vampire Capu2 At the end of the second season the main guy discovers a power he unknowingly obtained after being killed and brought back to life in the season one final.

06-22-11, 12:24 PM

Hellsing

06-23-11, 11:20 AM

Click -->deviantART -- last.fm -- 呉風web <-- Click

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices