Forums
New
Jun 21, 2011 10:41 AM

Dec 2010
Steins;Gate VN Translation Project

IRC:#VNTP on Rizon servers.

UPDATE:

January 21, 2012

Recently, there have been many things going on regarding the translations. BlickWinkel, the lead translator for the project, is in the midst of addressing a possible deal with JAST. To be frank, BlickWinkel has expressed support for JAST and has already "accepted" the offer.

There are two things to consider regarding the deal with JAST:

1. There will be an official English version of Steins;Gate available for purchase with the possibility of it being released via Steam. Nitro+ also appears to be interested.

2. Unfortunately, JAST has a reputation among the "online world" as taking a long time with their licenses. That means it is possible that we may not get the official English version of Steins;Gate for a few months or years.

With how things are going now, it is unclear of what to expect but I feel that I should warn you to embrace for the worse. Like I have said before, it appears the offer is being accepted. Most, if not some, are probably really angry and frustrated by this news. I know there were those that purchased the original game in hopes of playing it when the English patch came out, as well as those who visited the site everyday for updates. Being frustrated and angry is understandable - even I was hoping the project would be completed in its entirety. However, I'd like to ask you guys not to bash any of the project members, especially BlickWinkel. He has worked hard with his translations and deserves his credit.

Our most sincere apologies go out to those who were anticipating the release of the English version between winter 2011 and now. Furthermore, our deepest apologies go out to those who have bought the original version of the game in anticipation for the English patch.

For those who want to know more about what's going on as of late, please check out Blick's Blogs Site and http://vn.shourai.net.

Here is the direct link to BlickWinkel's post that addresses the deal with JAST.

Thanks to all those who have followed and supported us thus far and again sorry for not being able to keep our end of the promise.

RezurrektJan 22, 2012 11:07 AM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 21, 2011 11:30 AM

Dec 2007
I love you guys. Finally I don't need to read Steins;Gate with a shitty machine translator. You don't know how much it means to me. Keep up the good work!
Jun 21, 2011 11:58 AM

Oct 2010
You got my....
Best cheers!
TO finish the project because I will gladly play the game then.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 21, 2011 12:06 PM

Oct 2007
Ohh, good luck! It's brilliant that you're doing this :) I hope you find some help! If I were able to read kanji then I would help, no questions.
Jun 21, 2011 12:15 PM

Nov 2007
it's good news, and somebody was bound to try at it eventually. hopefully it gets finished but if it does it won't be for quite a while. without spoilers is there much different than the anime?
Jun 21, 2011 12:30 PM

Dec 2007
mystik said:
it's good news, and somebody was bound to try at it eventually. hopefully it gets finished but if it does it won't be for quite a while. without spoilers is there much different than the anime?

There are some differences but they are minor. The anime is an excellent adaptation!
Jun 21, 2011 12:35 PM

Sep 2009
Beware. Nitro+ might not like this
Jun 21, 2011 2:21 PM

Jan 2008
It's just great that you're doing the English translation, Good luck with this.

Jun 21, 2011 3:16 PM

Mar 2008
Looking forward to the English translation :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2011 6:04 PM

Dec 2010
Nachtwandler_21 said:

I hope they don't mind.

Jun 22, 2011 5:10 AM

Feb 2009
Hopefully this project doesn't die a month or so in.
My current anime list is grossly, out of date, just so you know.

skullhunterj said:
if u expect me to put on my working writing skill on forums like this...think again, Grammer Nazi!!!

I hate people.
Jun 24, 2011 2:10 AM
Jan 2011
dunno if there are any rules about this post of mine, cuz im new in this site.

so can anyone tell me what to do? i installed the game, updated the right version of patch, used the crack, used agth and atlantis, but when i open the game in the menu and press 'start' the screen goes black, the sound goes down and then goes back to the menu again.
i've searched for ways from different sites like hongfire and i even tried their small solution of installing k-lite codec pack. and im running vista

any solutions for this??

and does anyone know where i can get the Atlantis thing(setting or update or sumthin) for Steins;gate??

and Keep up the good job regarding the translation project :D
Jun 24, 2011 2:21 AM

Jun 2009
Set your computer to Japaneese locale, or install AppLocale and open the game through it...

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Jun 24, 2011 8:30 PM

Jul 2007
But...S;G is not ordinary VN.

How they translate Phone Trigger System?
Jun 26, 2011 2:34 AM

Jun 2011
Dude, Nice work, hope you complete it soon,
Wanted to play it but there was no English version, but now I can finally play it when you guys complete the English translation.
Jun 28, 2011 4:03 AM
Jan 2011
AlexTrusk said:
Set your computer to Japaneese locale, or install AppLocale and open the game through it...

thanks a lot! ~whew~ game works perfectly now, but im still not satisfied with the atlas translation, im looking forward to the full translation.i hope you guys keep it up till the end of the project. :D
Jun 28, 2011 5:34 AM

Jan 2008
Nachtwandler_21 said:

Probably not that much of a problem. I believe the only games which had fan translations got completed without any issues, and the only reason they aren't available any more is that they got licensed by an American company. Seems they're working pretty damn close with Nitro+ though so I wouldn't put it past them picking up Steins;Gate at some point themselves.
Jun 28, 2011 9:09 AM
Dec 2008
thanks for starting the project!!
really hope to play the VN after finishing the anime
Jun 29, 2011 2:02 PM
May 2010
THANK YOU.
SERIOUSLY.
THANK YOU.

I have wanted this for SO DAMN LONG.
You are quite literally my hero for starting this.
Please follow through.
Seriously,
Thank you.
Jun 29, 2011 2:55 PM

Jun 2008
Just hope that JASTUSA doesn't do they're usual antics...

Buying the rights for the VN, forcing your TLgroup to C&D, and in the end buying your Translation script for a measly price.

I WANT MY SUMAGA

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jun 29, 2011 6:33 PM

Oct 2010
<3 this.
Jun 29, 2011 7:23 PM

May 2009
DesolateOne said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

I hope they don't mind.

The projects to translate Nitro+ games on the TL Wiki were stopped, but not because of a Cease & Desist, but because the translators went on to work with Jast USA to translate the projects.

The thing is, Jast USA have a partnership with Nitro+, only them can release the games on english, as such, you MIGHT recieve a C&D, however, TL Wiki did NOT recieve one, and they quit working on the translations willingfully, so you MIGHT in fact NOT recieve a C&D, but you will probably bump into some trouble anyway.

Either way, Jast USA have no plans to translate Steins;Gate or even release Chaos;Head (Which is already FULLY translated), either because they don't normally work with All Ages (Steins;Gate, all ages? lol) games or because Steins;Gate/Chaos;Head was conceived in partnership with 5pb., which might be holding back on the deal.

So, either way, I think you got a green light and I hope for the best! :D
Jun 29, 2011 7:39 PM

Jun 2008
Penguinplayer said:
Either way, Jast USA have no plans to translate Steins;Gate

That didn't happen with My girlfriend is the president... lol no plans. the plan is to buy when the TL group is near completion.

Just go TL anyway, Hanachirasu didn't get a C&D in TLwiki.

Jun 29, 2011 7:54 PM

May 2009
kaimax said:
Penguinplayer said:

That didn't happen with My girlfriend is the president... lol no plans. the plan is to buy when the TL group is near completion.

Strange that it's still on the TL Wiki considering the VNDB shows Jast USA is planning to do a official release of it. It might not be there for long.

But even then, Hanachirasu was originally released 2005, while Steins;Gate was originally released on 2009, which is much more recent, then again, Demonbane was released in 2003, so the release date is probably not a problem.

But yeah, just go TL Steins;Gate, at best nothing will happen and you will release it with no problems, and at worst someone would call you and give you money for it.
Jul 1, 2011 11:09 AM
Jul 2011
this is most definitely relevant to my interests

to the point that i made this account specifically to say this

really hope it doesn't get C&Ded, or if it does, hope they localise it to europe :/
i'd actually been holding off on the anime just on the off chance someone actually had a go at fan translating or an official localisation announcement popped up

not that the anime'd be bad, either, but it's hard to get all the nuances present in visual novels into an anime series, even in ones which play out without many branches like C;H
Jul 6, 2011 11:08 PM
Jul 2011
Thumbs up! Really waiting for this translation.
May we have an update about the progress every week or so plz? :)
Jul 9, 2011 3:50 AM
Jun 2011
I can't wait to play this VN in english D:
Jul 20, 2011 4:27 AM

Jul 2010
DesolateOne said:

Here is a rough test run of the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl4UN-C2Zw0/

There aren't any word wrappings here, but there will be in the final version. Also, this is UNEDITED and therefore you may have issues with the grammar and such. Don't fret. It's ROUGH. This does not represent the FINAL version!

Here is a PV of the prologue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbsHqzxiYxg

You must be Daru :3
Jul 20, 2011 5:47 AM

Oct 2009
Would be, the, best, Christmas present?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2011 2:42 PM
Oct 2008
Woot! Good luck to the translation team. I knew somebody was gonna try this eventually; they did it for ChaosHead despite there being quite a lot of people who apparently didn't like the anime.
Jul 26, 2011 7:57 PM

Dec 2010
You got my good will and support. Good luck!
Jul 26, 2011 8:18 PM

Sep 2009
we're waiting your good news ^^
Jul 26, 2011 11:22 PM

Oct 2009

Can't wait. 5/11 translated!
Jul 27, 2011 5:31 AM
Dec 2007
Penguinplayer said:
kaimax said:
Penguinplayer said:

Strange that it's still on the TL Wiki considering the VNDB shows Jast USA is planning to do a official release of it. It might not be there for long.

But even then, Hanachirasu was originally released 2005, while Steins;Gate was originally released on 2009, which is much more recent, then again, Demonbane was released in 2003, so the release date is probably not a problem.

But yeah, just go TL Steins;Gate, at best nothing will happen and you will release it with no problems, and at worst someone would call you and give you money for it.
Chaos;Head FanTL was pulled under similar pretenses and JAST USA has done nothing with it.

Jul 27, 2011 9:13 AM

Oct 2010
The logical solution here would be to keep translation efforts a complete secret until the finished project was ready, or at the very least post misleading updates about how you are only 25% done when in reality the translation is almost completed. I understand why people/groups end up announcing projects of this nature, but we've seen it go askew far too many times that you'd think more of them would have considered this by now.
Jul 31, 2011 1:27 AM

Nov 2010
Yanoflies said:

Can't wait. 5/11 translated!
That was fast!O.o

Good luck guys, rooting for you.
Aug 10, 2011 8:40 AM
Aug 10, 2011 8:50 AM

May 2008
Thank you so much guys for your hard work! If this comes out by Christmas, it'll be the best present ever.

Seriously, thank you! I hope to be able to play it soon!
Aug 10, 2011 9:32 AM

Jun 2008
NanoZero said:
Thank you so much guys for your hard work! If this comes out by Christmas, it'll be the best present ever.

Not possible for it's sheer size. Other translations took at least 1-2 years, 3-5 years tops.

Aug 10, 2011 9:47 AM

Jun 2009
http://vn.shourai.net said:
I can also now safely say that we’re expecting completion before December. Keep on waiting, friends! Our time will soon come.

So, maybe it is possible? I really hope to read this novel very, very soon!

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Aug 10, 2011 9:53 AM

Apr 2010
awesome cant wait for the full translation :D

thanks guys, we all really appreciate what you are doing!
Aug 10, 2011 9:55 AM

Jan 2009
tnx guys we are waiting for the translation keep up the good work <3 i wish i could help in any way
amirhossAug 10, 2011 10:08 AM
Aug 10, 2011 12:54 PM
Dec 2007
kaimax said:
NanoZero said:

Not possible for it's sheer size. Other translations took at least 1-2 years, 3-5 years tops.
That's because they stall and/or lose members. Some even just have 1 tl at the end. Every project has different circumnstances so you can't compare them so easily. They may not finish by then but at the current rate they'll be quite far into it by then.

Aug 10, 2011 3:50 PM

May 2008
Leon-Gun said:
kaimax said:
NanoZero said:

That's because they stall and/or lose members. Some even just have 1 tl at the end. Every project has different circumnstances so you can't compare them so easily. They may not finish by then but at the current rate they'll be quite far into it by then.

Exactly. Plus, the pacing is always different for every team. Some people work faster than others. Some people are busier with life than others. It's all different.
Though, this team is working pretty fast, so let's hope for the best!
Aug 10, 2011 5:18 PM

Oct 2010
I can't believe there's actually someone with the audacity to say it's impossible to do something...
Way to give everyone involved a kick in the spirit balls.
Aug 14, 2011 10:14 AM

Jun 2008
hikaricore said:
I can't believe there's actually someone with the audacity to say it's impossible to do something...
Way to give everyone involved a kick in the spirit balls.

Because it usually never happens. I've been observing many translation projects and even the fastest took more than a Year. But completion in less than a year, for me is just unbelievable.

I'm not saying that I don't like it, and it's actually great if they can actually finish it under a year. My mind just can't comprehend the speed.

It's like riding a Bullet train/Concorde/something fast for the first time.
I'm honestly happy if they can prove me that I'm wrong

And there's a certain depression, I just hope they don't stop Translating after Steins;Gate.
kaimaxAug 14, 2011 10:25 AM

Aug 17, 2011 4:25 PM

Nov 2010
Yeah,something along christmas is an absolute awesome, but I will be very happy even if they can made it alive. Reading it next year should be awesome enough.
Aug 31, 2011 7:22 AM

Nov 2010
Is it only me or the team homepage down? O.o

I will be mad if the team suddenly vanished orz
Aug 31, 2011 7:49 AM
Nov 2009
can't wait!!
Aug 31, 2011 10:41 AM

Aug 2011
zeroyuki92 said:
Is it only me or the team homepage down? O.o

I will be mad if the team suddenly vanished orz

yea...
i cant go to there homepage to...

this is the homepage rite ?
http://vn.shourai.net/
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

804 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Yesterday, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - May 3, 2011

280 by Mahmoud636363 »»
Apr 9, 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.