MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

[Jan 21, 2012 Update] Steins;Gate VN Translation Project
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Steins;Gate »» [Jan 21, 2012 Update] Steins;Gate VN Translation Project

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
06-21-11, 10:41 AM

Steins;Gate VN Translation Project

IRC:#VNTP on Rizon servers.

UPDATE:

January 21, 2012

Recently, there have been many things going on regarding the translations. BlickWinkel, the lead translator for the project, is in the midst of addressing a possible deal with JAST. To be frank, BlickWinkel has expressed support for JAST and has already "accepted" the offer.

There are two things to consider regarding the deal with JAST:

1. There will be an official English version of Steins;Gate available for purchase with the possibility of it being released via Steam. Nitro+ also appears to be interested.

2. Unfortunately, JAST has a reputation among the "online world" as taking a long time with their licenses. That means it is possible that we may not get the official English version of Steins;Gate for a few months or years.

With how things are going now, it is unclear of what to expect but I feel that I should warn you to embrace for the worse. Like I have said before, it appears the offer is being accepted. Most, if not some, are probably really angry and frustrated by this news. I know there were those that purchased the original game in hopes of playing it when the English patch came out, as well as those who visited the site everyday for updates. Being frustrated and angry is understandable - even I was hoping the project would be completed in its entirety. However, I'd like to ask you guys not to bash any of the project members, especially BlickWinkel. He has worked hard with his translations and deserves his credit.

Our most sincere apologies go out to those who were anticipating the release of the English version between winter 2011 and now. Furthermore, our deepest apologies go out to those who have bought the original version of the game in anticipation for the English patch.

For those who want to know more about what's going on as of late, please check out Blick's Blogs Site and http://vn.shourai.net.

Here is the direct link to BlickWinkel's post that addresses the deal with JAST.

Thanks to all those who have followed and supported us thus far and again sorry for not being able to keep our end of the promise.

Modified by DesolateOne, 01-22-12, 11:07 AM

06-21-11, 11:30 AM

I love you guys. Finally I don't need to read Steins;Gate with a shitty machine translator. You don't know how much it means to me. Keep up the good work!
Walked the streets a thousand times, Dead end roads in a dead end town
What you learned only comes out wrong, I wanna live but I don't belong

06-21-11, 11:58 AM

You got my....
Best cheers!
TO finish the project because I will gladly play the game then.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!

06-21-11, 12:06 PM

Ohh, good luck! It's brilliant that you're doing this :) I hope you find some help! If I were able to read kanji then I would help, no questions.

06-21-11, 12:15 PM

it's good news, and somebody was bound to try at it eventually. hopefully it gets finished but if it does it won't be for quite a while. without spoilers is there much different than the anime?

06-21-11, 12:30 PM

mystik said:
it's good news, and somebody was bound to try at it eventually. hopefully it gets finished but if it does it won't be for quite a while. without spoilers is there much different than the anime?

There are some differences but they are minor. The anime is an excellent adaptation!
Walked the streets a thousand times, Dead end roads in a dead end town
What you learned only comes out wrong, I wanna live but I don't belong

06-21-11, 12:35 PM

Beware. Nitro+ might not like this

06-21-11, 2:21 PM

It's just great that you're doing the English translation, Good luck with this.

06-21-11, 3:16 PM

Looking forward to the English translation :)

06-21-11, 6:04 PM

Nachtwandler_21 said:

I hope they don't mind.

06-22-11, 5:10 AM

Hopefully this project doesn't die a month or so in.
My current anime list is grossly, out of date, just so you know.

skullhunterj said:
if u expect me to put on my working writing skill on forums like this...think again, Grammer Nazi!!!

I hate people.

06-24-11, 2:10 AM

dunno if there are any rules about this post of mine, cuz im new in this site.

so can anyone tell me what to do? i installed the game, updated the right version of patch, used the crack, used agth and atlantis, but when i open the game in the menu and press 'start' the screen goes black, the sound goes down and then goes back to the menu again.
i've searched for ways from different sites like hongfire and i even tried their small solution of installing k-lite codec pack. and im running vista

any solutions for this??

and does anyone know where i can get the Atlantis thing(setting or update or sumthin) for Steins;gate??

and Keep up the good job regarding the translation project :D

06-24-11, 2:21 AM

Set your computer to Japaneese locale, or install AppLocale and open the game through it...
Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse

06-24-11, 8:30 PM

But...S;G is not ordinary VN.

How they translate Phone Trigger System?

06-26-11, 2:34 AM

Dude, Nice work, hope you complete it soon,
Wanted to play it but there was no English version, but now I can finally play it when you guys complete the English translation.

06-28-11, 4:03 AM

AlexTrusk said:
Set your computer to Japaneese locale, or install AppLocale and open the game through it...

thanks a lot! ~whew~ game works perfectly now, but im still not satisfied with the atlas translation, im looking forward to the full translation.i hope you guys keep it up till the end of the project. :D

06-28-11, 5:34 AM

Nachtwandler_21 said:

Probably not that much of a problem. I believe the only games which had fan translations got completed without any issues, and the only reason they aren't available any more is that they got licensed by an American company. Seems they're working pretty damn close with Nitro+ though so I wouldn't put it past them picking up Steins;Gate at some point themselves.

06-28-11, 9:09 AM

thanks for starting the project!!
really hope to play the VN after finishing the anime

06-29-11, 2:02 PM

THANK YOU.
SERIOUSLY.
THANK YOU.

I have wanted this for SO DAMN LONG.
You are quite literally my hero for starting this.
Please follow through.
Seriously,
Thank you.

06-29-11, 2:55 PM

Just hope that JASTUSA doesn't do they're usual antics...

Buying the rights for the VN, forcing your TLgroup to C&D, and in the end buying your Translation script for a measly price.

I WANT MY SUMAGA

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices