MyAnimeList.net

Manga Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Final Chapter (Epilogue) Question [resolved]
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Lovely★Complex »» Final Chapter (Epilogue) Question [resolved]

06-19-11, 7:05 PM

Hey guys, I have a question regarding the last chapter of LoveCom. Just so people aren't confused, this chapter takes place a couple months after Risa and Otani graduate from high school and everyone gets together for a day at the beach to celebrate Risa's birthday. (I didn't even know this chapter existed until I bought volume 17 of the manga; it's after the 3 "plus" chapters)

So, at the end of the chapter, Otani buys Risa flowers for her birthday and calls her "Darling" in the translated version of the manga. I want to know what Otani called her in Japanese. I'm not fluent at all in the language, but I wanna know the phrase. "Darling" just sounds so... corny. Also, if anyone read a fan-translated version of the chapter, let me know if the phrase was different. Thanks so much!
Modified by YakuzaDog, 06-30-11, 6:38 PM

06-19-11, 7:10 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if it was darling, because it's a borrowed word that's more common.

Though I don't actually know, it's been a while since I've read it.

06-19-11, 7:53 PM

True true. I forgot about the fact that he might have just said darling all engrish-y like. xP

06-28-11, 7:02 PM

From a fan-translated version he said "Risa", which seems to be a very big thing in Japanese culture, since he was only using her last name throughout the entire series.

06-30-11, 6:38 PM

You're right, Tsuikana! I just looked up the raw and was going to post a pic of the quote for someone to translate for me, but after comparing the kanji with Risa's name, that is indeed what he said. :) WHICH, is MUCH cuter than "Darling." lol Thanks for the help, guys. ^_^
Modified by YakuzaDog, 07-08-11, 1:38 AM

01-03-12, 12:38 AM

Ahh if only they continued more of the story!! ) I love it!! Otani is so freaking hot. Koizumi is hilarious! I wish they were on first name basis by the end....... And ok a tiny part of me wishes he was taller too eventually. :x cuz that would be happy times for him!

Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices