Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2011 1:53 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
that was so sweet. I like the realism of this series
Nov 29, 2011 6:25 PM

Sep 2008
Nothing really happened, so, honestly but unfortunately, I didn't really enjoy the episode... Sure, the ending was cute, though.
Jul 12, 2012 6:46 PM

Oct 2009
And so her true emotions are coming out into the open. She obviously misses him quite a bit, he's only been gone a few days and she's freaking out lol. At least we know she's developed feelings for him at some level, minor or not, the spark is there.
I like how her eyes gleamed when she heard his voice upon his return. "He's home.."
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Dec 26, 2012 12:35 PM

Dec 2011
It was endearing to see how much everyone missed Godai, and not just Kyoko.
The end, how cute!

I loved Yotsuya transforming into a vacuum cleaner when he spilled his drink.
Feb 22, 2015 6:31 PM

Aug 2009
Currently, Godai is quite an immature idiot (also talking about ep 19 here). Let's see if he gets any better throughout the series...

Rather boring ep, though nice to see how Godai is an essential part of Ikkoku-kan.
Oct 2, 2015 3:24 AM
May 2015
This anime is hidden gem anime, love it so much.
Apr 30, 2016 6:44 PM

Jun 2014
Is this Anime ever going to get good?

I am not forcing myself to watch this. I don't enjoy it at all.

I'm dropping this again, and this is the third time I've dropped it. This IS the worst thing I've ever seen, ever. I've tried and I've fucking tried to get into this show, but let's face it, it's not going to happen. You can't force yourself to love something that you despise.
_-_Sally_-_Apr 30, 2016 7:12 PM

Aug 7, 2016 1:25 AM

Jan 2013
What a god damn stupid reason for not coming back, and in the end it didn't even matter. These episodes can be so frustrating to watch.

Also what the hell happened to the shrine visit. That should have been animated.

Seiya said:

I'm dropping this again, and this is the third time I've dropped it. This IS the worst thing I've ever seen, ever. I've tried and I've fucking tried to get into this show, but let's face it, it's not going to happen. You can't force yourself to love something that you despise.

I can actually understand how you'd feel that way after this episode.
Apr 21, 2017 6:05 PM

May 2009
How is it that Godai gets injured by a pole in his hometown, when he practically does it all the time without a mark lol
Glad to see that Kyoko was lonesome without Godai, and even the tenants missed him :)
Sep 28, 2017 3:05 PM

May 2015
oh Godai. Such a failure. :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 29, 2018 5:59 PM

Aug 2013
Seiya said:

why do you hate this anime so much? you never say what you don't like in the characters or the story, so it's hard to understand all your hatred. i mean it's a light story with normal characters. it's totally harmless, so i don't understand how you chose this one to be the worst anime you've ever seen
Oct 29, 2018 6:04 PM

Jun 2014
latespring said:
Seiya said:

why do you hate this anime so much? you never say what you don't like in the characters or the story, so it's hard to understand all your hatred

I don't like any of the characters in this Anime. I found them all very annoying, and they were almost always drunk, which I found both annoying and offensive.

I have nothing against the character designs, and to be honest, I really wanted to like this, but it just wasn't for me.

Sep 18, 2019 1:04 AM

Jul 2015
Best kind of neighbours to have, the type that are bored when you aren't there because they don't have anyone to mess with

Jan 15, 2020 11:24 PM

Jun 2016
LOL the way Mrs.Ichinose laughed when the Manager said "it's my duty as manager" LMAO she was like TF kind of poor excuse is this haha.

Another imagination accident,Godai is so fucking stupid lol.
Jan 18, 2021 4:27 PM
Jul 2018
Godai you selfish bastard. His housemates can be irritating, but every one of them obviously missed him , including Kozue. He stayed away for nearly two weeks because he didn't want the manager to see him with black eyes. Ptfff.

Really was great seeing as how everyone cared about him though, and how much of an impact he really has on his housemates.

merle_noir said:
Nothing really happened, so, honestly but unfortunately, I didn't really enjoy the episode...
That's actually what I like about this show. Nothing happens. Ever. It's always just another mundane day at the boarding house. Reminds me of Seinfeld in a way. Just uneventful slice-of-life. Also, a more-appealing verison of our own mundane lives. Just little and relatable day-by-day conflicts. A a visible overarching plot progression, and yet each episode is just the characters interacting like regular humans instead of fighting extravagant battles. Nothing happens, and that's what makes this anime truly special.

Although I do admit, this episode was a bit more boring than usual. It really was just a twenty-minute montage of everyone (including Godfai) sitting around and biding their time. But that's also kind of intriguing. An entire episode centered on sitting around and doing virtually nothing. Kudos to the Maison Ikkoku team for trying to execute this concept in the best way they can.
removed-userJan 18, 2021 4:30 PM
Feb 7, 2021 4:28 AM
Jul 2019
narulovesramen said:
How is it that Godai gets injured by a pole in his hometown, when he practically does it all the time without a mark lol
Glad to see that Kyoko was lonesome without Godai, and even the tenants missed him :)
it's anime logic, or this probably is filler?
Jun 24, 2021 6:15 AM
Sep 2019
Seiya said:

hey wanna meet up? so that i can kick some sense into you
Jun 24, 2021 6:16 AM

Jun 2014
Romancechills said:
Seiya said:

hey wanna meet up? so that i can kick some sense into you

Good luck with that.

Maison Ikkoku sucks, and there's nothing you can do to change my mind on that.

Nov 19, 2022 7:35 AM

Apr 2016
Loved seeing Yuusaku's grandmother and mother making fun of him.
Apr 2, 2023 10:13 AM

May 2022
Kyoko san missed Godai san all the time he was gone and couldn't stop thinking about him, she's falling in love - slowly.

It's fun how the gang teases Kyoko san about her "relationship" with Godai san.

And when Kyoko san eyes went sparkling after she heard that Godai san really returned home - priceless.
Aug 5, 2023 5:39 AM
May 2023
A huge improvement from the previous episode. It's sweet seeing Kyoko and all the tenant kinda worrying for Godai seeing how boring their home is without him. Poor Kyoko having the tenants pilling on her tho and it's nice seeing more of the Godai family.
Oct 29, 2023 10:47 AM

Jul 2022
aawwee She missed him!
Feb 19, 11:36 AM

May 2022
Trains
EPs 14/96
In total 29 (no trains, count stands)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 7 Discussion

hellogoodbye - Jun 2, 2011

20 by breddie_sucks »»
Apr 14, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Nov 9, 2009

30 by alexrawk »»
Apr 11, 4:07 PM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 6 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 25, 2009

28 by _untitled »»
Apr 2, 5:26 AM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 5 Discussion

hellogoodbye - May 31, 2011

27 by _untitled »»
Apr 2, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 4 Discussion

good-time - Jul 28, 2010

19 by _untitled »»
Apr 2, 2:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.