Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 19, 2011 5:42 AM

Jan 2011
MiMikuChan said:
aznkirby890 said:
Shirt said:
T_T

+1

+1

+1 (lol)
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 19, 2011 9:22 AM

Apr 2010
Leave it up to Kujo to make the wrong decision i wonder what will happen after this.

Ironic to see that the students aren't afraid of Kujo when he was dressed up like that proves ones again that clothing makes the man.
It's even more ironic that the criminal organizations took the rabbits as well to start there riots.

I somehow figured that Kujo was being taken away to be set out of the country for his own safety but in this case it was more for the the safety of Victorique and the country.
Jun 19, 2011 9:24 AM

Jun 2009
Sophie was as small as Victorique? How come?

I love it how Victorique and Kujo always accidencially have something to do with stories involved with city's happenings. Also, that Gray Wolf shit is annoying the heck out of me, i can't stand them spouting that shit anymore. Good thing that Kujo's stupidity can be justified this time for once.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jun 19, 2011 9:31 AM

Nov 2008
Well he tried to change destiny but it couldn't be done. Last scene was very sad T.T
Jun 19, 2011 9:47 PM

Jun 2009
Wow, Yuuki Aoi have done it... She's been getting a lot of roles and quite frankly, she did really well in most of them... Great job on Victorique.

I won't blame Kujou this time, I mean, he trusted the detective, so does the other 2... I think the Grevil may play a role in "failing to stop their plan" in the near future.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2011 1:27 AM

Feb 2009
He is the dad no one wish to have.
Jun 20, 2011 3:08 AM

Jul 2010
I could never really take Kujo seriously, but now, in that rabbit costume it all made sense! xD

That father is the friggin' monster here! Using Kujo as a hostage so that Victorique will help them.

I loved the comparison with the nonster and rabbit story as well. If the rabbit dies, the monster does too because the rabbit is the monster's heart. Victorique crying at the end was so sad. I wonder how Graviel feels about it. T_T

Jun 20, 2011 12:54 PM

Jul 2009
K I'm sorry but I really DID NOT ENJOY THIS EPISODE. The whole romantic Christmas bit was really boring IMO and OF COURSE HER BIRTHDAY IS ON CHRISTMAS. Plus yea, sucks to be Avril but DURRRRRR. The whole kidnapping thing was kind of weird, they want to send foreigners back to their countries? Rabbits made me think of Doubt lol
The last half annoyed me too. I mean yes Victorica I GET YOU MISS HIM, BUT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE?! I mean seriously? Plus I dunno about you but how could you HEAR SOMEONE FROM THAT HIGH UP, INSIDE THE BUILDING?!?!?!?! It makes no sense! Ugh, plus she did the whole I'M GONNA KILL MYSELF - NOT!!! If you're gonna say you are THEN DO IT. GOD! It'd been overused to frequently it just ANNOYS ME TO HELL WHEN SHE'S ALL LIKE, "NOT GONNA JOIN YOU FOR ANYTHING I'D RATHER DIE - I MEAN WAIT, DON'T HURT HIM I'LL JOIN YOU I WAS JUST KIDDING WHEN I SAID THAT EARLIER!"
/rant
So yea. This episode just really made me -_-" PLUS VICTORICA'S SCREAMING VOICE, MY EARS, SERIOUSLY.
Well I hope that next two episodes will be better and end this. Looks like Brian is back and the father has a sword, which actually looks pretty cool
Jun 20, 2011 12:56 PM

Apr 2010
Grevil is a fucking sell out. I want to beat the fuck out of him and his fucking dad. God that was so sad at the end. This episode was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. 5/5
Jun 20, 2011 1:25 PM
Apr 2011
damn whoever is the voice actress for Victorique is AMAZING! that crying at the end had me in tears.....
Jun 20, 2011 5:21 PM

Jan 2011
That was the last straw; I now have next to zero respect for Grevil now, but be looked pretty shaken over Victorique's breakdown, so maybe there's still some hope for redemption for him.
Jun 21, 2011 4:55 AM
Feb 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
Remember when Kujo punched that one guy with some brass knuckles?
Neither do I!

this...

cursed that grevil, do he really want to remain as puppet until the very end?... =_="

... anyway, i still admit this series is getting even better
oblivious is a bliss
Jun 21, 2011 12:50 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
kuroshi_nazo said:
That was the last straw; I now have next to zero respect for Grevil now, but be looked pretty shaken over Victorique's breakdown, so maybe there's still some hope for redemption for him.
He's long lost his status of a brother.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 21, 2011 9:13 PM

Jan 2008
One thing I've noticed throughout the series is the inconsistencies in Victorique's hair length. If you watch each episode you'll notice in one episode it actually reaches the floor (while she was standing of course) and in another it reaches about her knees. just pointing it out.....
Jun 22, 2011 7:52 AM

Nov 2009
if kujo wasnt such a bitch this would almost be a good show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2011 11:45 AM

Apr 2011
I feel sorry forVictorique. I hope she feels better in the next episode. And the quality has gotten better in the episodes. So sad to see it end soon.
Jun 22, 2011 3:39 PM

Feb 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
Neither do I!

In defense of our beloved Kujo: while he is your typical, dense protagonist, you should consider that he is a foreigner in a distant country (a "chink" to be exact), and only someteen years old. He doesn't even have a chance to fight against his and Victorique's enemies. He's facing a whole kingdom when he tries to protect and te get closer to Victorique.

Not to mention he doesn't have many people to rely on either. There is Cecile, Sophie and Avril. People in school are afraid of him, because he's the black reaper and people outside wouldn't really help him given he's a "chinese". Racism and nationalism was blooming in europe around that time, foreigners weren't really welcome anywhere. This was made clear when the king ordered all the foreigners to return to their countries.

Plus it's the whole ministry of occult he is facing with Victorique's father at the top. If you haven't noticed before, he made serious, huge efforts, to stay together with Victorique and he's giving his best since the beginning, even risking his life. It's not his fault that he can't fight against a whole nation/system/organization, whatever you call it. He doesn't have the money, physical strength (not to mention the height) and the allies behind him to fight against Victorique's father and against the king. It's pretty admirable that he was able to stay together with Victorique until so long.

Sure, he made a mistake contacting Grevil, but he's just human and people tend to make mistakes from time to time. But it's not really his fault that he got caught up in the events. All Kujo can do since a long time is to swim with the flow.

As for the episode. The story of the charmant monter was a nice little touch from the author to describe the relationship between Kujo and Victorique.

Another interesting thing is what is going inside Grevil. While he is obliged to do their father's every bidding, he obviosly pities and cares for Victorique, but we really don't know to whether extent. I would really like to see him going openly against his father will in the last two episodes.

I bet Victorique's father was prepared for Victorique to commit suicide, so it was really fortunate for him that Kujo walked into his lair. Using Kujo to coerce Victorique to fulfill his wishes was obligatory in my opinion.

Victorique bursting into tears and into full desperation was the climax of the episode. I really like Yuuki Aoi, she's really talented and really fits into her role. Her cry was realistic and presented those painful emotions perfectly.

It's really fortunate, that it was Bones who produces this show and not J.C Staff, I'm really thankful for that. I can't wait to see how this will turn out. Hopefully it won't be the usual Bones-styled original anime ending.
Jun 22, 2011 6:48 PM

Jul 2008
darkerealm said:
Avril isn't acting like your typical jealous girl out for petty revenge. This I like. More points for her. <3

Yeah I almost expected her to not deliver the present She is a good person.

~

Yuuki Aoi is amazing. That cry at the end gave me chills.
Jun 23, 2011 12:24 AM
Dec 2009
This episode makes me cry...T-T Grevil disappointed me one more time. Good jon on Avril, I am too, expected her to not hand Victorique the pendant. I give Kujo some slack because atleast he's not just excepting faith and do nothing. At least, he tried to change his own faith with Victorique when he escaped from the King Rupert's car.

One thing that bug me though, why doesn't Kujo bring the gift with him to hand it to Victorique for the first place at the dance? He has to goes back to his room first to get the present. When is that exactly he plans to give the pendant to her?
Jun 24, 2011 3:52 PM
May 2011
japan: what a happy romance, whats that?
Jun 25, 2011 5:10 PM

Mar 2011
Grrr This anime NEEDS a season 2 and the minestery of occult needs to die!
Making Victorique cry like that TT-TT

KazukiUchiha said:
Grevil is a fucking sell out. I want to beat the fuck out of him and his fucking dad. God that was so sad at the end. This episode was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. 5/5

+∞

Also, preview shows Brian Roscoe is going to have an epic battle with [Insert name] de blois (Victorique's father)

Edit#
Warning episode 23
RizlimJun 29, 2011 1:33 PM
Jun 26, 2011 4:35 AM

Feb 2010
the Rescue in disguise..,

short on episodes if it will be another arc..,
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jun 26, 2011 11:50 PM

Feb 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
Neither do I!

lmao.. yeah he's been failing since then hasn't he?
Jun 29, 2011 5:14 PM

Jan 2011
And to think that Grevil turned out to be one of the most complex characters of the season.

Best character in the show.
Jun 30, 2011 9:27 AM

Feb 2009
Waww Victorique's scream at the end gave me goosebumps all over my body.
Jun 30, 2011 6:28 PM
Jan 2010
Victorique's seiyuu gets Internetz and stars for the last scene.
Jul 1, 2011 11:25 AM

May 2010
I don't know if there is really a supernatural/occult thing will happen to the show.

The Ministry of Occult seems questionable to me since the Beelzebub arc.

And Kujo on the bunny suit looks retarded. xD
Jul 3, 2011 4:54 AM

Oct 2010
The Charming Monster story was quite interesting. "If the rabbit dies, the monster dies too." <3

Victorique crying at the end was ;_____;
[insert awesome signature here]
Jul 3, 2011 12:49 PM

Aug 2009
That... was actually kind of sad.
And how many goddamn nicknames can they give Victorique anyway?
Jul 22, 2011 12:48 AM
Sep 2010
Heiru said:
DAT SEIYUU
loved the way she made the crying seem so painfully sad ( ; u ; shed some tears... *snif*)

I was thinking the same thing. Avril really redeemed herself her for me, finally rising above her jealousy despite being given a ridiculous request from an absolutely clueless Kujo. Hate now transferred. Then, he goes and gets himself captured, essentially taking away Vickie's choice about whether she'd rather die or be a slave. Grr.
Jul 22, 2011 9:25 AM

Aug 2008
Poor Kujo, the very definition of a dumb smart person. All I want is for these two characters to be together. But it the show keeps throwing the impossibility of their relationship in my face. This episode was probably the worst blow so far. All this time
I was wrong. It wasn't Victorique who would be taken away... it's Kujo. I can't even muster my usual "HA!" for that.

Merry Christmas? Not bloody likely.

Jul 25, 2011 5:31 PM

Apr 2011
So moving.
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Aug 2, 2011 11:56 AM

Mar 2011
Those Underground people remind me of Splicers from Bioshock.
Aug 24, 2011 12:53 AM

Oct 2009
Kujo's stupidity knows no end, his the biggest down side to this show IMO but eh Vic's seiyuu did a pretty good job with the crying and dam love triangles >.<

Only 2 eps left hope they aren't rushing it.
Sep 8, 2011 4:44 PM

Jul 2010
MusashiRose said:
HawthorneKitty said:
Neither do I!

lol.

This show has remained quality throughout... sure there were some arcs where I wasn't too impressed... but overall its been a quality ride. I've enjoyed this immensely, and although I want to see what happens next, I don't want it to get closer to the end.

i agree with both statement.
and damn there gonna use kujo as a hostage? and he doesnt even know that!!

Sep 8, 2011 4:48 PM

Sep 2011
AAAAAAAAAAND heres the episode that makes this show the best romance in a while

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 10, 2011 4:20 PM

Jun 2011
How stupid can Kujo be despite being the main character? Walking into a trap and become a hostage are the taboos that main character cannot do....and he did it perfectly!! &gt;=(

Kujo is absolutely BAKA....

The Monstre Charmant story is quite interesting. I wonder if there is any "real" fairy tale story like that in this world...

Will someone kill Kujo, please?
Jan 30, 2012 10:42 PM

Jan 2012
Aww the romance. Should have some pity for Avril. She's been good in this episode surprisingly i thought she would be that annoying character who gets jealous all the time. Sucks to be a third person.

Kujo fell for a trap and that bunny suit is foolish But it is cute I screenshot'd it.

Do not like the crying part at the end. I hope that drill guy is on Vic's side. Two more to watch!
May 9, 2012 6:05 PM

Jun 2011
This show has finally become as good as I expected. It just took too long. I'm glad I managed to keep my interest through the first 20 episodes, it finally paid off.

Props to the seiyuu for really well done cry at the end. Poor Victorique.... =(

guyklc said:
Kujou is such an idiot. He's dragging this whole show down.
HawthorneKitty said:
Neither do I!
I agree with both statements. And what also pisses the heck off me is his constant screaming of "Victorique!! Victorique!! Victorique!! Victoriqueeee!!", infinite times over, in most of the episodes. It reminds me of Ryuuji from Dragon Crisis, which annoys me even more...

The costume idea throughout the episode was good. Well, almost anyway. Kujo's rabbit costume was funny but they took it too far, it started getting annoying when he stayed in the costume for over half of the episode.
That's it for my short hate-speech about Kujo.

I'm curious to see what Grevil is going to do after seeing that reaction of Victorique's... he'll most likely have a big part in "saving" Victorique or at least in destroying the plans of Ministry of the Occult.
If not, he'll be the biggest disappointment of this anime for me and he will feel my hatred for all eternity...
Aug 11, 2012 9:40 PM

Jul 2012
I laughed at his costume. Damn. LOL

Decent episode. Victorique's sobbing kind of hurt my ears. ._.

You have no idea how much I hate the main characters.
Oct 21, 2012 8:47 AM
Sep 2012
Kujo is so damn stupid i am quite amazed, he just seems to be reaching new heights with his stupidity. also someone should do a count how how many times he says "victorique" per episode, because that name makes me wanna kill someone. also i remember the second ep when he used those brass knucles in a fight, ever since then its like his memory has been wiped of all the fighting skills he had.
Oct 28, 2012 7:05 AM
Jun 2012
i couldn't hold it when she cried :(
Feb 13, 2013 10:23 AM

Sep 2010
Oh god Kujou. Your lack of perspective annoys me.
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Mar 11, 2013 2:56 PM

Jan 2013
They need to kiss
Or confess their love
Jul 16, 2013 2:19 AM
Apr 2012
RediceRyan said:
They need to kiss
Or confess their love

Sadly that rarely happens in these kinds of shows...
Jan 31, 2014 6:54 PM

Jul 2013
Kujo is so stupid, even I would suspect evil looking men in black suits. His damn screaming nearly made me smash something.

When Vic cried, I was actually tearing up. I normally hate lolli characters but I find her incredibly cute, especially when she sings.
Even though Grevil made Vic cry, I still like him.

And the stranger from the previous eps who turned out to be the king was no surprise, I think nearly everyone saw that coming from the moment the guy freaked out about Sophie bumping into his 'friend' and 'disrespecting' him.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Mar 25, 2014 4:28 PM

Sep 2011
Another great episode on so many levels.

The whole story of the Charming Monster and the Rabbit was great and obviously it fit their situation well. I liked how Victorique repeated the line for her own relationship with Kujou.
Victorique giving the ring to Kujou was really nice (though I still think that someone else could have easily taken it :P ).
I just really liked Kujou and Victorique's interactions throughout this episode (down to every expression on their faces, like when Victorique got that pendant).

Kujou was a fool to think he can trust Grevil :/ I'm still hoping for him to have a change of heart.

Victorique crying at the end was so fucking sad ;_;
Apr 30, 2014 7:26 AM
Mar 2013
RazielZero said:
Kujou was a fool to think he can trust Grevil :/ I'm still hoping for him to have a change of heart.
I bet he will. Grevil seems to be showing signs of discomfort with all the things that his father has been doing. If I remember correctly he even questioned his father a few episodes ago which was something he never used to do. I really like the whole Christmas party. As usual I'm impressed with how Victorique knew Kujo would choose the smallest gift with the ring inside.
Jun 26, 2014 8:37 AM

Aug 2013
Kujo, hayaku! :(
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 25, 2014 4:51 PM

May 2014
What the hell, this is too much. Only 2 episodes left to resolve things, hope they don't leave me hanging! Aww Kujo, you really are dragging Victorique down =(
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 1, 2011

518 by BlueishDesert »»
Today, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2011

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - May 27, 2011

99 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 31, 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.