Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 17, 2011 2:13 PM
Dec 2007
Hands down the best episode in any anime this year. That's about the most you can do in an animated TV series at the moment as far as direction, scenario, character development, music and battle sequences go.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 17, 2011 2:58 PM

Jan 2008
I am still wondering how kimimaro wants to save the future and simultaneously Japan from disappearing after getting hit by [C]....
Jun 17, 2011 3:02 PM

Jun 2010
This episode just had me on the edge of my seat. Everything's going back and forth with the economy and the final fight to decide everything will start.

Funniest part in the episode was Masakaki's American brother.

Jun 17, 2011 3:16 PM

Oct 2009
kirby_422 said:
What was with when she gave him george? the freaking ring said "WWTF is yours" wat?.... that's their offical spelling for george?

WWTF is the pinc ode on the card. The reason for Mysu it said Mysu was becuase Kimimaro is bad at making names

mesniac said:
Damn I'm not following at all.

What do the card colors mean/what do they allow?
How does one acquire multiple assets?
What was happening to Q (when there was the counter in front of her)?

Have you even been watching the show? I mean there is being confused by a show and being totally thick

The card colour depends on the money probably.
In like EP 3 or 4 it shows that an asset has 10 stocks so if you buy them all it is yours. Even though it doesn't say it it is common sense using the term for it was 'stocks'
The counter was showing how much money she was using for her attack
Jun 17, 2011 3:32 PM

Aug 2010
OMFG!! thats all i have to say about this it was freaking INTENSE!!! soo good i really loved this anime since the begin but this is nuts!
Next week the battle for the future is taking place and i hope Kimimaru kicks Mikuni's ass!
Jun 17, 2011 3:39 PM

Feb 2011
@ Scul: Don't be so mean about it. D: Its not Mesniac´s fault that he/she gets confused at some parts. :/

Jun 17, 2011 3:44 PM

Apr 2009
Next week we are going to have a crazy finale. I still remember seeing that prof's kids alive but yet no one was able to see them(when Yoga visited the prof after defeating him). Does that mean all the people who disappeared still alive somewhere?
Jun 17, 2011 3:50 PM

Oct 2009
Crii said:
@ Scul: Don't be so mean about it. D: Its not Mesniac´s fault that he/she gets confused at some parts. :/

Sorry, it felt for me like someone asking what a Soul Gem does in Madoka when they have been watching the whole show till the end
Jun 17, 2011 4:40 PM

Nov 2007
would have liked to of seen more of Masakaki's brother. the battle is set up but still kinda rushed. I'm still confused over why the [c] was happening to begin with? seems Masakaki wants Yoga to win.

that guy Yoga fought didn't seem all that strong, and his asset was pretty lame
Jun 17, 2011 6:54 PM

Jun 2010
Koi-Miru said:
StormViruz said:
Still wondering as to who the hell is this "above" from whom he's following orders.

Imma placing my bet on the tentacle thing that 'ate' part of the financial district *cough*cthulhu*cough*

Might as well be cthulhu. LOL
Jun 17, 2011 7:16 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
negativedemyx said:
Koi-Miru said:
StormViruz said:
Still wondering as to who the hell is this "above" from whom he's following orders.

Imma placing my bet on the tentacle thing that 'ate' part of the financial district *cough*cthulhu*cough*

Might as well be cthulhu. LOL

Yea, after that I can't take this series seriously anymore....

C works better as a simple shounen. All that economy bullshit adds a bit of exoticism and novelty but you really have to turn your brain off to avoid the absurdity of all this.

This episode was good. I liked the action sequences.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 17, 2011 7:54 PM

Sep 2009
Wow, the series has been getting faster and faster paced. I found the beginning pretty interesting so I think that they could've stretched this out a few more episodes to slow down the pace.

I think I'll have to rewatch the past few episodes later because this whole [c] bzns has been going over my head. :U I watch this show as I eat dinner so naturally my attention is divided, but it looks like I'll need to pay more attention to get this. xD

I dunno though, is it just me or does what Yoga and Satou[?] did in the end seem kind of contradictory. They want to save the future and yet that hyper inflation they did could potentially destroy Japan [or] the financial district but the former would destroy the future anyway, and from what I've gathered, the latter could also have a similar effect.

And Mashyu's macroflation didn't seem all that impressive in comparison to what we've seen in the past, but I still have to admit that it wasn't too terrible or anything. Georges's macroflation had a great effect but it wasn't as flashy as I've come to expect from this show. xD

Well, either way I'll be looking forward to seeing what they pull for the finale.
Jun 17, 2011 9:37 PM

May 2010
Will they ever explain what [C] really is?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 17, 2011 11:49 PM

Jun 2011
Great episode this week as usual, this anime seriously is one of the best this season.

I hope Masyu ends up with Kimimaro in the end and not have the crap Father-Daughter shit like that of Saber Marionette where the 3 girls got turn into the main protagonist daughters.
Jun 18, 2011 1:05 AM

Sep 2010
Blah blah blah, give me more Mashyu and I'm happy.
Jun 18, 2011 1:10 AM

Feb 2011
Okay, you've got a pissed anime watcher here.

For the sake of god, I feel like rage-quitting so badly. Mikuni sees [C] get reflected back and thinks 'god-dammn rich America, time to roll out the money press again.' Last time he sacrificed 20 years of his life, we can presume he is sacrificing something of equivalent value this time around (case in point: Masasaki asks him if he is fine with the possibility that he will have no future left).

What's the big problem here? Jennifer and whoever are really fucking stupid. After rolling off this spiel about how we shouldn't sacrifice the future for the present or whatever hypocritical bull-crap they were spouting off, they completely destroyed the Japanese economy. Goddammit, DO YOU KNOW WHAT HYPERINFLATION DOES TO A NATION? No, it's not just another '-flation attack'... All this bull about 'let's make people lose TRUST in the Yen!' is just pathetic - not even Hitler was this cruel.

Let's take a quick spin back to Economics 101.
Hyperinflation = mass printing and distributing of currency (in this case Yen) in a short period of time = Yen becomes worthless.
Problem? Japanese people are savers - a large majority of income is typically invested or saved in the bank. It's an Asian thing, really.
Result?

You've just devastated the livelihood of tens of millions of people who have stored their life's savings in banks. You've destroyed - not just destroyed, but completely and utterly fucked over the Japanese economy. This isn't some little country with a population in the thousands. There are a hundred million people living in Japan - and not only that, people worldwide will be seriously affected, with the rise of globalism and all that capitalist crap.

Oh, but surely it can't be THAT bad right? We can just switch to the US dollar! Whoohoo~ Or maybe the Chinese Yuan, or the Euro? WELL GUESS WHAT, IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY.

Yes, that's right. There's no quick fix to this fucking huge problem you've created.

And the worse part of this is? Mikuni's hard work over the past years - gets completely nulled by Kimimaro's deux ex machine. 'Oh, look, guess what I found? I have a BLACK CARD too! How lucky~' Couldn't the writers pull something a bit more clever than that? Jeez.

You know what, I seriously can't be bothered to rage about the fail economics anymore.

AngelicFeces said:

This.
Jun 18, 2011 2:04 AM
Mar 2010
Jacut said:
Hands down the best episode in any anime this year. That's about the most you can do in an animated TV series at the moment as far as direction, scenario, character development, music and battle sequences go.

This
I can't even describe...
Its so intense!!! I love it

AngelicFeces said:

This & info about Kimimaro's future. Then I'll be happy :D

xxSaspra said:
Wow, the series has been getting faster and faster paced. I found the beginning pretty interesting so I think that they could've stretched this out a few more episodes to slow down the pace.

A longer Second season? Plz?

wakka9ca said:

All that economy bullshit adds a bit of exoticism and novelty but you really have to turn your brain off to avoid the absurdity of all this.

Anime and fiction requite a bit of, how do you say... the ability to entertain fictional ideas that exist in a another world? So i can get past the absurdity, because its worth it.

Everything changed once Kimimaro entered the Financial District, so i didn't really expect accuracy.
Jun 18, 2011 2:12 AM

Feb 2009
ArcrexK said:

For the sake of god, I feel like rage-quitting so badly. Mikuni sees [C] get reflected back and thinks 'god-dammn rich America, time to roll out the money press again.' Last time he sacrificed 20 years of his life, we can presume he is sacrificing something of equivalent value this time around (case in point: Masasaki asks him if he is fine with the possibility that he will have no future left).

What's the big problem here? Jennifer and whoever are really fucking stupid. After rolling off this spiel about how we shouldn't sacrifice the future for the present or whatever hypocritical bull-crap they were spouting off, they completely destroyed the Japanese economy. Goddammit, DO YOU KNOW WHAT HYPERINFLATION DOES TO A NATION? No, it's not just another '-flation attack'... All this bull about 'let's make people lose TRUST in the Yen!' is just pathetic - not even Hitler was this cruel.

Hyperinflation = mass printing and distributing of currency (in this case Yen) in a short period of time = Yen becomes worthless.
Problem? Japanese people are savers - a large majority of income is typically invested or saved in the bank. It's an Asian thing, really.
Result?

You've just devastated the livelihood of tens of millions of people who have stored their life's savings in banks. You've destroyed - not just destroyed, but completely and utterly fucked over the Japanese economy. This isn't some little country with a population in the thousands. There are a hundred million people living in Japan - and not only that, people worldwide will be seriously affected, with the rise of globalism and all that capitalist crap.

Oh, but surely it can't be THAT bad right? We can just switch to the US dollar! Whoohoo~ Or maybe the Chinese Yuan, or the Euro? WELL GUESS WHAT, IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY.

Yes, that's right. There's no quick fix to this fucking huge problem you've created.

It makes sense in-universe. What's the alternative, anyway? Mikuni's hard work was always for nothing. I think Jennifer and her pimps realized the gravity of the shit they're pulling.
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Jun 18, 2011 2:38 AM
Nov 2010
ArcrexK said:

Result?

And the worse part of this is? Mikuni's hard work over the past years - gets completely nulled by Kimimaro's deux ex machine. 'Oh, look, guess what I found? I have a BLACK CARD too! How lucky~' Couldn't the writers pull something a bit more clever than that? Jeez.

You know what, I seriously can't be bothered to rage about the fail economics anymore.

Hasn't Kimimaro's card always been black? If so then everyone really is bad at noticing obvious things. My first thought when they mentioned the 'Black Card' is that Yoga already had one so they were kinda wasting time..

To counter your other points, while they are destroying the present (And the future honestly) by hyper-inflating the economy and then subjecting it to a shockwave from Singapore's collapse, at the rate Mikuni was using the Press he would have erased Japan all together, hurting all the other Districts (Except America) and absolutely destroying all hope of a future.

It looks like a lesser of two evils choice to me.
Jun 18, 2011 3:40 AM

Oct 2009
StormViruz said:

Same here, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just himself =P
Jun 18, 2011 4:46 AM

Apr 2011
Macroflation was AWESOME!!! O_O
This episode was amazing >D I can't wait for moar!!!
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world. (ಠ_ಠ)

Jun 18, 2011 9:12 AM

Sep 2009
Monad said:
Sense, this show makes none.
*laughs*- Agreed.
And with only one episode left, nothing will ever be explained.
Jun 18, 2011 9:54 AM

Jul 2009
Segmented said:
Hasn't Kimimaro's card always been black? If so then everyone really is bad at noticing obvious things. My first thought when they mentioned the 'Black Card' is that Yoga already had one so they were kinda wasting time..

Yes, but now it has a tentacle monster on the front, and control the magical tentacles from the heavens that bring down the money press.
Jun 18, 2011 10:36 AM

Oct 2010
jennifer dying made me shed mental tear
Jun 18, 2011 10:42 AM
Sep 2009
Xieon said:
This episode was awesome.

I still don't get how the fights work (I understand all of the economics terms they are using, but I don't actually get the fights, but I guess it's supposed to be like that, they don't really need a reason to explain it, a lot of it is more of a metaphor).

The same way all fight in naruto-like animes work. "Cool guy" loses because he is a fking moron, but then he says some shit like "I cant allow that" or "I wont forgive you" and wins with one hit. ez game.
Jun 18, 2011 12:19 PM

Oct 2010
This episode was seriously amazing
Biggest cliffhanger ive seen in a while
Jun 18, 2011 12:50 PM

Jun 2008
Japanese people (and most people, I guess) are savers, as someone posted above. They trust something that doesn't have any 'real' value, just a completely arbitrary one, and that's why it works. Because you see, a check for example, is a promise, a promise to pay [x] quantity of money to [y] person on a [z] date. What sometimes people tend to forget is that money is also a promise. A promise of payment in "another currency" which doesn't exist, in other words... *ta-dá* a debt. And I could go on and on.

As you know, without trust, people don't make promises. And without these, money doesn't circulate, and then, the economy goes down the drain.

tl;dr Informator guy is boss. Don't trust on thing without real value. Paper is just that.
Jun 18, 2011 1:30 PM

Dec 2010
Absolutely amazing. If the final episode is this good, I'll forgive the weak mid-season eps and up this to 10.

Too bad there's just one episode left... and three foes to face: Mikuni, America (like hell) and the Midas Bank itself...
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

If I die tonight, I will do so fighting for everything I believe in."

Jun 18, 2011 5:13 PM

Jan 2009
i know Inflation will come in this anime one day and another good episode im hyped for the last episode now
Jun 18, 2011 6:09 PM

Apr 2011
Killer episode imho, tons of fighting even if it doesn't make much sense. Mikune is a fuckin BEAST and I'm sure it's gonna be a nasty fight with Kimimaro. Jennifer had the weakest Macro I thought, though Asset stealing is a nasty effect. Overheated Economy was freaking awesome (way better than Scorched Earth) and Cannibalize was creepy as hell but insanely powerful.

Can't wait for the final battle, and I wonder how Kimimaro plans on fixing things. I'm sure he'll beat Mikune, being the main character and all, but I can't really see any way to set right all that's been done in this series. Lives and entire countries wiped off the map by this reality-warping Financial District nonsense. Wonder who the real boss of all this is, the 'higher ups' that command the Misakakis. Mammon? Cthulhu? Certainly not God...
Jun 18, 2011 7:04 PM

Jan 2010
so Mikuni is the antaganist of the series? Loving this series! I can't really blame him. He just wants to do right.
Jun 18, 2011 7:26 PM

Jul 2009
talk about fast forwarding.
Jun 18, 2011 8:06 PM

Jul 2008
Xieon said:

I still don't get how the fights work (I understand all of the economics terms they are using, but I don't actually get the fights, but I guess it's supposed to be like that, they don't really need a reason to explain it, a lot of it is more of a metaphor).

Does anyone know if there's any talk to do more with this series? A manga, or more anime?

Or is it just going to end? Because personally I love this show, one of the best of this season, and I'm sad to see it end. It could definitely be longer, or a manga could be really good.

Any help is appreciated :)

As you know assets symbolise their entree's future while the financial district symbolise the country's future.
Entree are allowed to borrow money from the midnas bank at the cost of their future but they can also earn it in deals which they are obligated to participate at least once a week.

The principe of a deal is simple, there is three type of attack that Asset can use that correspond to the number of money the entree is wishing to bet on it.
The most money that is put into an attack, the more likely will it be stronger. I say likely because this isn't totaly exact.
An entree's money is also his future and the future is a very complex thing. Let's say if Kimimaro is betting 50% of his money into an all out attack, do not expect Mikuni to be able to block it without putting at least that much effort into it.

If the attack miss then the money is wasted, if it hit then it'll steal as much future as what was invested by the entree to it's opponent. I say future because future cannot be calculated with money, basically what they are trading is future but with the means of money.
If Mikuni want to shoulder C, it won't cost him money, he is trading his future for a future where he would have been able to shoulder C through money because money = future.

I still think that this story would do much better as a novel than an anime.
It is still interesting to think about why is the financial district is even there?
If a financial district lose all of it's money then it disapear, it's whole future is taken away by an unknown entity.
Let's take this a step further, what if the other planets in the galaxy were habited by human but earth was the last one standing with it's financial district and every other plannets's inhabitant disapeared. The earth being the last one standing the finantial district divided itself into country, when there'll be only one country remaining it'll seem as this country is the whole world and then city may have their own financial district then when there'll be only one city standing it will divide once again until it took the whole universe's future.
The only way to fight such an entity would be to spread the money and population, basically to not stay shut in in the confort of it's money but expanding the human race where it couldn't go and to use money to the greater good.
Jun 18, 2011 9:53 PM

Apr 2011
Hypno-girl said:
Xieon said:

Does anyone know if there's any talk to do more with this series? A manga, or more anime?

Or is it just going to end? Because personally I love this show, one of the best of this season, and I'm sad to see it end. It could definitely be longer, or a manga could be really good.

As you know assets symbolise their entree's future while the financial district symbolise the country's future.
Entree are allowed to borrow money from the midnas bank at the cost of their future but they can also earn it in deals which they are obligated to participate at least once a week.

The principe of a deal is simple, there is three type of attack that Asset can use that correspond to the number of money the entree is wishing to bet on it.
The most money that is put into an attack, the more likely will it be stronger. I say likely because this isn't totaly exact.
An entree's money is also his future and the future is a very complex thing. Let's say if Kimimaro is betting 50% of his money into an all out attack, do not expect Mikuni to be able to block it without putting at least that much effort into it.

If the attack miss then the money is wasted, if it hit then it'll steal as much future as what was invested by the entree to it's opponent. I say future because future cannot be calculated with money, basically what they are trading is future but with the means of money.
If Mikuni want to shoulder C, it won't cost him money, he is trading his future for a future where he would have been able to shoulder C through money because money = future.

It is still interesting to think about why is the financial district is even there?
If a financial district lose all of it's money then it disapear, it's whole future is taken away by an unknown entity.
Let's take this a step further, what if the other planets in the galaxy were habited by human but earth was the last one standing with it's financial district and every other plannets's inhabitant disapeared. The earth being the last one standing the finantial district divided itself into country, when there'll be only one country remaining it'll seem as this country is the whole world and then city may have their own financial district then when there'll be only one city standing it will divide once again until it took the whole universe's future.
The only way to fight such an entity would be to spread the money and population, basically to not stay shut in in the confort of it's money but expanding the human race where it couldn't go and to use money to the greater good.

No they don't need to participate in deals once a week. They can skip it as long as they want just like what the blonde chick with good Engrish skills is doing. About her final bout with Mikuni; did she really die? o.O

Hope it will be resolved in the final ep. Though I doubt, seeing that there are lots of subplots that needs solving and the pacing is awfully rushed.

The anime doesn't make sense but still I'll give it credits for being bad-ass plus its cool ending song.

And I a 100% agree with you on it being a novel rather than an anime.
Jun 18, 2011 10:04 PM
Feb 2009
shiett only one ep left... can't be right nor enough to explain how the assets are their future.
Jun 19, 2011 1:37 AM

Jun 2011
ArcanaTrace said:
Great episode this week as usual, this anime seriously is one of the best this season.

I hope Masyu ends up with Kimimaro in the end and not have the crap Father-Daughter shit like that of Saber Marionette where the 3 girls got turn into the main protagonist daughters.

Why people assume that Mashyu is Kimimaro's daughter? from what we have seen no one else have had a dream that foresaw their future, so it could be simply a dream... besides by saying she's his future, it becomes so ambiguos that she could be anything! heck, she can even be his future house xD, well jokes aside, this is what I think :)
Jun 19, 2011 2:28 AM

Sep 2010
A rather nice episode.
Jun 19, 2011 4:18 AM

Apr 2009
Ahhh... A cliffhanger...

Msyu <3

Well, you know how Georges was transferred to Kimimaro? I wonder if its worth is in Yen, or US Dollars? If it's in dollars, Mikuni is going to get pwned so bad, with the yen dropping in value.
Jun 19, 2011 5:08 AM

May 2010
It is time for final fight!? ;]

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Jun 19, 2011 5:41 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty epic. Loved Msyu's attacks and the Engrish ;D Too bad for Satou though.
Jun 19, 2011 6:03 AM

Jul 2008
StealMate said:
Hypno-girl said:
Xieon said:

No they don't need to participate in deals once a week. They can skip it as long as they want just like what the blonde chick with good Engrish skills is doing. About her final bout with Mikuni; did she really die? o.O

Hope it will be resolved in the final ep. Though I doubt, seeing that there are lots of subplots that needs solving and the pacing is awfully rushed.

The anime doesn't make sense but still I'll give it credits for being bad-ass plus its cool ending song.

And I a 100% agree with you on it being a novel rather than an anime.

The only way to pass a deal is to pay half your asset which means half your future which is a very harsh price to pass only one deal, hence why about nobody do it.
The blond girl was participating in deal but she was betting low to gain low, she didn't participated to deal to makes money but rather because she was obligated to.
Jun 19, 2011 9:03 AM

May 2010
Yoga finally reach up in the same level as Mikuni the next final battle gotta be the most epic one out of all the other episodes !!
Jun 19, 2011 10:03 AM

Nov 2009
Basically, everything was said in this post and this one.

Gakkari da yo. I'm dissapointed. Don't get me wrong, the scuffles were awesome, maybe even better than Kimimaro's initial fight and Mikuni vs Kikuchi fight, and that's saying something. If nothing else, this anime certainly knows how to make epic fights. But battles are not the main reason I watch it. The motifs and concepts behinds them are. Or rather, were.

It was kind of sad to see that Jennifer's way of solving the Financial District's existence problem and subsequential huge economic problems actually boils down to 'let's take the most powerful entre down and see what shit it lends us into afterwards', as I was afraid. Such hatred and downright insults from her feel really undue, since I can't see how that brilliant plan of hers is in any way better than what Mikuni came up with. Heck, till now she was doing exactly what he was, trying to win or lose by a small margin. I take it, she just has a lifelong wish to disappear off the face of Earth together with Japan, and Mikuni happens to stand in her way of doing exactly that.

Taketazaki taking sides? Not cool, man, not cool at all. What's in it for him, anyway? The sadistic pleasure of stealing fortune from Mikuni and ganging up on him to stab him in the back, or joy of plummeting the yen down into the depths of nothingness?

And I still don't fully get the reason behind Isurugi's betrayal. Just his lust for money and nothing else? So boring.

Kimimaro suddently being granted the Darkness Card = Deux ex Machine in action, in all its glory. And it will get much worse in the next ep, I bet. No different from your typical shounen. And I hoped so much this show will steer clear of overused wtf-s like this till the end. Now it's not even the question who's gonna win, since we're back to your tyrical boring shounen route where MC can't possibly lose to any-effing-one despite all odds against him. And especially I hate the-good-guy-suddenly-turning-out-to-be-The_Evil_Incarnate/the-bad-guy-suddenly-turning-out-to-be-A_Saint cliche which they used in this ep.

The funny thing is if the Midas Bank superiors (Cthulhu-like thingie?) suddenly issued a black card for Kimimaro, it means Mikuni's actions hurt them somehow, more than Kimimaro's ever will, and they want Mikuni stopped and crushed - by using Kimimaro for that purpose. And Kimimaro didn't even get that. I know he's pretty dense, but not to question a thing like that is just...

So, in the end, just like somebody guessed in the previous episode's thread, we are to believe that taking Mikuni down will make all characters' and Japan's problems miraclously disappear. All after the anime team put such effords into clearly establishing that there's no correct answer to the main question of the show (future vs present, one is meaningless/non-existent without the other), that the-supposed-to-be-the-antagonist is not a bad guy by nature and has very noble intentions, and the real Big Bad is the Midas Bank... and what we got in the end is an asspull... What's the meaning of having 3 dimensions, if you end up flattening to only one?

All in all, while I'll certainly watch the last battle, if will be just for the battle itself, and not for the deeper meaning behind it, because that meaning was screwed up in this ep.
CGJun 19, 2011 10:09 AM
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jun 19, 2011 6:40 PM

Jun 2011
Just 1 episode left.. shame.
Promises to be a good one though. :)
The joke's on you wolf, the pigs are cannibals..~
Jun 19, 2011 7:28 PM

Mar 2010
Sugoku kakkoii, when masakaki told yoga he has a black card, I was like YEAH, go kick Mikuni's butt!!! (not that I don't like Mikuni's but ATM he is killing mirai!

I lovE those Macroflation overheated economy!

Though the battles were short, but I liked the theory behind it and makes me want to dig in more. I also wished the characters I liked with good intentions. It was a shame that the white hair girl went bankrupt hOpe she won't be erased :(

There is one thing I don't understand, maybe I didn't watch it carefully, but why did things and ppl have to disappear? I mean they already existed! Is Midas related to the string of fate or something?
Jun 19, 2011 10:29 PM
Mar 2011
I like how some people were saying, "I must have missed something, I need to go back and rewatch some of the earlier episodes."
You didn't miss anything, this was badly strung together plot-wise. They intended to gloss this over with Engrish power up moves, similar to how most shonen battle stories go. But in those stories, the emphasis is on the moves, so they at least attempt to explain it. In C, they don't. And instead of Kanji, they use economic terms the average Japanese ( and English) viewer doesnt know as finishing moves. This is independent of anything real-world economy wise, just a typical move an anime studio would pull.

For those of you who don't know, there is a finite amount of resources in this world, and finite amount of money. It might be in the quintillions, but its still a finite amount. When one country gets richer, its usually at the expense of another country, or the earth (resources). It's seriously just survival of the fittest. Japan is looking out for themselves, and America is looking out for themselves. Nobody wants to be bankrupt, so to try and justify your own country as superior, correct, or righteous, is just like a frog trying to piss out of a well. It's real world consequences, versus stuff you learn in school.

Oh and in case you're not aware of it, everyone casts other countries as the villlian role. They do this to make it popular, by playing to nationalistic tendencies. Just like how America usually casts Asians as nerds. Unless its a kongfu movie. But if its a kongfu movie where the main character is a black kid, then the asians are villlians again.
taj69Jun 19, 2011 10:36 PM
Jun 20, 2011 12:38 AM

Apr 2011
taj69 said:
I like how some people were saying, "I must have missed something, I need to go back and rewatch some of the earlier episodes."
You didn't miss anything, this was badly strung together plot-wise. They intended to gloss this over with Engrish power up moves, similar to how most shonen battle stories go. But in those stories, the emphasis is on the moves, so they at least attempt to explain it. In C, they don't. And instead of Kanji, they use economic terms the average Japanese ( and English) viewer doesnt know as finishing moves. This is independent of anything real-world economy wise, just a typical move an anime studio would pull.

For those of you who don't know, there is a finite amount of resources in this world, and finite amount of money. It might be in the quintillions, but its still a finite amount. When one country gets richer, its usually at the expense of another country, or the earth (resources). It's seriously just survival of the fittest. Japan is looking out for themselves, and America is looking out for themselves. Nobody wants to be bankrupt, so to try and justify your own country as superior, correct, or righteous, is just like a frog trying to piss out of a well. It's real world consequences, versus stuff you learn in school.

Oh and in case you're not aware of it, everyone casts other countries as the villlian role. They do this to make it popular, by playing to nationalistic tendencies. Just like how America usually casts Asians as nerds. Unless its a kongfu movie. But if its a kongfu movie where the main character is a black kid, then the asians are villlians again.

Very well said.

The anime which is called C simply doesn't make sense. Even the title Money of Soul and Possibility Control while being very catchy with a nice rhyme to it is nothing more than a bait to lure fans in. It relies on "cool" terms that involves economics thus the "macroflation" whatever to make it sound/look deep but it's nothing more than a shallow piss on concrete.

And this. On this episode they tried to pull a magic trick as a means to solve the problems regarding their shitiness in storytelling but too bad the audience won't buy it.
Jun 20, 2011 4:33 AM
Apr 2011
The idea for this show was appealing but the direction it took was a bit questionable. There seems to be a lot of thought behind the deals and rules within the Financial District. I have a feeling the writers were banking on the fact that they would receive 24 episodes this season but for some reason was cut to 11. Perhaps popularity of other shows won the bid to make a 24 episode series. In any case, everything is clearly rushed as there is some desperate attempt to wrap up this series with some decency. The past couple episodes were I admit, plot driven and action packed but again, it feels all crammed at the end with no real reason on why certain things happened; like how Jennifer or the organization she works for came up with the idea to macroinflate the economy for real. Maybe they'll explain in the finale.

If this does NOT end "happily" I'm not sure what to expect. It actually might be more interesting to see what happens to Japan once it gets eaten by that tentacle monster (what the heck is that anyway?) Sort of like a black hole mystery
Jun 20, 2011 5:49 AM
Feb 2011
ArcrexK said:

Result?

re-watch the ep, seriously. It was done to devaluate the yen AND as a side effect, devaluate the midas money in japan, weakining mikunis assessts so Jen cause use her -flation and buy them (well 2). it works, except Q was to strong.

also, i think the [c] they refer to in the episode could be clearing? probably not but just an idea.

and yes, Yogas' card was always black, it just seems nobody noticed.
Jun 20, 2011 7:27 AM

Apr 2011
zorapup said:
The idea for this show was appealing but the direction it took was a bit questionable. There seems to be a lot of thought behind the deals and rules within the Financial District. I have a feeling the writers were banking on the fact that they would receive 24 episodes this season but for some reason was cut to 11. Perhaps popularity of other shows won the bid to make a 24 episode series. In any case, everything is clearly rushed as there is some desperate attempt to wrap up this series with some decency. The past couple episodes were I admit, plot driven and action packed but again, it feels all crammed at the end with no real reason on why certain things happened; like how Jennifer or the organization she works for came up with the idea to macroinflate the economy for real. Maybe they'll explain in the finale.

If this does NOT end "happily" I'm not sure what to expect. It actually might be more interesting to see what happens to Japan once it gets eaten by that tentacle monster (what the heck is that anyway?) Sort of like a black hole mystery

It's noitaminA. It's expected to be 11 episodes.

Usagi Drop will be its replacement for next season which is also of course, 11 episodes.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » C Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

376 by mhikari92 »»
Apr 10, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Discussion on a general question

akarsh_kumar - Sep 21, 2023

6 by LostInLove »»
Nov 1, 2023 1:04 AM

» As a whole what did you think of this anime?

ZoarialShadow - Jan 19, 2017

19 by Abyhape »»
Jul 12, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » C Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 12, 2011

116 by GosuDRM »»
Jun 30, 2023 12:37 AM

Poll: » C Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 26, 2011

114 by greed2 »»
May 1, 2023 9:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.