Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 17, 2011 11:37 PM

Oct 2010
DeathfireD said:
As for the whole reincarnation thing...I agree a little with whoever mentioned a time skip and Jintan and Anaru hook up and have a kid that inherits Menma's soul. At the same time I don't think it'll end like that. It may end with a time skip of Menma's brother at the hospital with his new born baby and the group being there only to notice how similar the baby looks to Menma. Either way I'm interested how the reincarnation thing will play a roll...if at all.
That's really interesting to see but I think it could end in a very dark way too. I am hoping not as all the series was quite positive yet depressing and that's where things can get worse.

Jintan already in this episode had multitudes of jealousy points. The first being of Poppo playing with Menma in the spoiler
Kind of obvious it's getting worse. I fear the worst for Jintan and just ready to accept. The author was wise to warn of the depth going further, well it could be more in the last episode. The fire that lits the already powder keg not having been poured out (talking about our feelings of this episode). Watch out people, I seen Ef and Clannad pull some outs and this series can also. The authors warning did certainly not warn of any impact variations on individual and I am one of the wide open ones for feelings.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 18, 2011 12:36 AM

Apr 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Kind of obvious it's getting worse. I fear the worst for Jintan and just ready to accept. The author was wise to warn of the depth going further, well it could be more in the last episode. The fire that lits the already powder keg not having been poured out (talking about our feelings of this episode). Watch out people, I seen Ef and Clannad pull some outs and this series can also. The authors warning did certainly not warn of any impact variations on individual and I am one of the wide open ones for feelings.

This can still have a happy ending, but I wouldn't expect it.

Yukiatsu and Jintan are still very obsessed at the end of episode 10; will that really change in the last 23 minutes of the series? I'd guess the finale will be tragic.
Jun 18, 2011 1:05 AM

Jun 2011
After watching the whole series today, the 2nd to last episode leaves me a bit torn. Personally, I'm a HUGE supporter of the Anjou/Jintan coupling in this series. Mainly because despite all that's happened, she's still affectionate to him; and shows such genuine feelings.

I still think it's messed up how Jintan was considering being with Menma despite her being passed away. I mean, it could only go so far at some point.

I'm too anxious for the ending. All I'm hoping for right now is a semi-peaceful and proper closure. Please, PLEASE Anjou. Grow a pair and kiss him already. Please.

Jun 18, 2011 3:27 AM
Jun 2011
AdamReynolds said:
This can still have a happy ending, but I wouldn't expect it.

Yukiatsu and Jintan are still very obsessed at the end of episode 10; will that really change in the last 23 minutes of the series? I'd guess the finale will be tragic.

That's the whole reason why it's still dramatic and exciting. I think Menma couldn't go to heaven because Jintan is still obsessed with her.

If she goes now Jintan will be really depressed and it will be the same way like it was 10 years ago.
So there will something happen that will change his mind and accept that Menma can't stay with him anymore.
Also it will probably make him realize it's not the end he still has his friends (especially Anaru)

I can't imagine a great ending without Menma going to heaven.

coffeecups said:
After watching the whole series today, the 2nd to last episode leaves me a bit torn. Personally, I'm a HUGE supporter of the Anjou/Jintan coupling in this series. Mainly because despite all that's happened, she's still affectionate to him; and shows such genuine feelings.

^this Tbh she's the whole reason I'm still watching this, I enjoyed this Anime so much more when Menma wasn't there, like when Jintan and Poppo were playing at Anjous house or when Jintan and Anjou were working together.

Then Menma proofed she's a Ghost and since then it was all about Menma Menma Menma Menma Menma Menma...
Anaru is so much more adorable, she's pure and so sentimental and would probably do anything for Jintan.

Also she cried so much in the Anime, if she can't smile at the end I'd be really disappointed.
Jun 18, 2011 5:10 AM

Apr 2008
OMGGG SOO CGOOOD
Jun 18, 2011 6:31 AM
Jun 2011
What I think should happen is:
Memma should have her wish granted which would be calling her beautiful or something, and she came back to visible life. Even though some would be sad for cross-dresser and black haired girl and orange haired girl. Hmmm the group seemed awfully sure of that firework heaven thing, even though it was a little skeptical from the start. and also I cried so much in this episode... i cnat take another 5 days to wait for a new episode its GONNA KILL MEEEE ERRRR!!!!!
Jun 18, 2011 6:52 AM
Jun 2011
"We Still Don't Know the Name of the Flower We Saw That Day." That's the title of this Anime, so how does a Flower fit into this Anime, since there wasn't a Episode with a Flower. Maybe Menma reincarnates as a Flower?
Jun 18, 2011 7:12 AM

Apr 2007
DeathfireD said:
Am I the only one wondering how Menma's brother is gonna react by Yukiatsu and everyone shouting at Jintan asking if Menma is still there?.

Yes - I was wondering about that as well. Plus why did the firework have the effect of making Menma younger? Could it be a plot device to finally take us back in time to the day that she died?
Jun 18, 2011 7:42 AM

Sep 2010
I didn't expect Menma to not dissappear. I really have no idea how this series should end anymore, although that can be considered as a good point. I really want to know what happens in the next episode. It feels as if there's no way too make a real conclusion to this show.
Jun 18, 2011 7:50 AM

Jul 2010
cottoncandy7 said:
Any speculation why Tsuruko is gonna cry next week?
Maybe she confesses to Yukiatsu and he refuses?

Jun 18, 2011 8:34 AM

Jun 2009
Crax said:
"We Still Don't Know the Name of the Flower We Saw That Day." That's the title of this Anime, so how does a Flower fit into this Anime, since there wasn't a Episode with a Flower. Maybe Menma reincarnates as a Flower?

http://tinyurl.com/3jlxnm6

What's up with Menma and the mother of Jintan :S
Jun 18, 2011 8:55 AM

Apr 2010
I feel the last episode will but happy, not some mindless bloodshed. The story they have been building up to would be ruined instantly with a ending that no one can connect to previous events.

Like mentioned before, I cant imagine a good ending without Menma "moving on."

I really hate Yukiatsu. He really is a character that nobody likes but he needs to be there so we can hate on him.

Anjou and Jin-tan is gonna be my call. Jin-tan needs to recognize Anjou san and move on in a life without Menma. Yukiatsu needs to know that Tsuruko loves him and she can work on that attitude of his. :|

I hope that this series ends in the next episode and a OVA later on to answer some of the relationship questions.

PS: The fireworks were very emotional for me.
NyandafulJun 18, 2011 8:59 AM
Jun 18, 2011 9:23 AM
May 2010
so when menma brother came, he didnt notice the floating umbrella? and that the umbrella fell?

its like last episodes when some guy helped them making the fireworks...he watched jinta talking to no one and didnt react..like it was normal...

menma having no shadow and sometimes she have one...

those little things kills this anime for me...
ZaggyPlushieJun 18, 2011 9:49 AM
Jun 18, 2011 10:45 AM

May 2008
This episode almost made me cry ;; Dammit, and Yukiatsu looks pissed as shit...can't wait for the last ep T^T So sad...

Jun 18, 2011 11:52 AM

Aug 2010
they should cut Jinta's hair next, just like when he was a kid. HOLLY SHIT, HE WOULD LOOK VERY HANDSOME, no homo ;D
Jun 18, 2011 11:58 AM

Nov 2010
Very touching episode. A fabulous end as well.
I really wonder how they are going to wrap it up in the last run.
Jun 18, 2011 12:18 PM

Jun 2009
I am overflowing with many emotions after watching Episode 10.. Oh man .... Kayano Ai is really pulling a great performance in doing Honma Meiko/Ano Hana, Thats her second ever major role after Tachibana Isana/Yumekui Merry

Jun 18, 2011 2:05 PM

Aug 2008
AnoHana makes me so emotional, I love it. (Any anime which makes me sad/cry is always a good one. Since they wouldn't make me sympathize in the first place were they poorly executed.) Too bad the anime got only 11 episodes. ;_;

The strange thing is, unlike many others, I don't dislike any character in this anime. No, not even Yukiatsu or Jintan or Menma's mother etc. They all have pretty good reasons to be/act like they do.

Yet, I must say Tsuruko is the one I feel for most. Well, poor girls.
Jun 18, 2011 2:12 PM
Sep 2009
You couldn't of expected her to dissapear, because the last few episodes have been building up memories of her and Jintan's mother, so she's obviously forgotten something that's vital to her going to heaven.
Jun 18, 2011 2:14 PM

Sep 2010
I do wonder how they're going to wrap everything up in the end. I just hope they don't pull some cheesy 5-years-later-everyone-hooked-up shit at the end for a happy ending. :\
Jun 18, 2011 2:26 PM

Nov 2008
this show is just amazign, with its atmophere and music and everything

i think the wish has something to do with jintans mom...yukiatsu is still a creep....i dont like tsurako's haircut...and none of the other girls will get a happy ending even though i really want them to
Jun 18, 2011 3:12 PM

Jun 2009
hottbill said:
What I have learned this episode:

edit: thanks, read subs a lil too fast

LMFAO @ Yukiatsu's aspire to be! XD

Gawd that's good! XD

mod edit: forum distortion
sakaJun 21, 2011 12:12 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2011 4:25 PM

Apr 2011
XJ9 said:
DeathfireD said:
Am I the only one wondering how Menma's brother is gonna react by Yukiatsu and everyone shouting at Jintan asking if Menma is still there?.

Yes - I was wondering about that as well. Plus why did the firework have the effect of making Menma younger? Could it be a plot device to finally take us back in time to the day that she died?

I'm wondering the same. Didn't notice Menma got younger though, I'll have to have a look again.
~Miss_Jazzalyn~
Jun 18, 2011 4:27 PM

Jul 2010
That was splendid. I'm pretty certain the 10 will stay. Can't wait for the finale.
Jun 18, 2011 7:47 PM

Apr 2011
Since I saw this episode I can't wait for the final one. But I know that I will be sad, that the anime will be finished then. q_q

Jun 18, 2011 7:51 PM

Jul 2009
looks like the criteria for her to 'reborn' is if everybody wishes for it.
how sad.
10/10..
Jun 18, 2011 10:31 PM

Jan 2011
I think next week we'll find out the truth behind Poppo's "I just watched comment" and an answer to why Tsuruko has Menma's original hair ornament in her drawer. I hope not, because if that is the direction this series goes it will be pretty dark, and in 20 minutes there will be no room for a happy ending.

On the other hand, if Menma does resolve the wish, move on, and reincarnate,
then we have a chance for the anjou x jintan ending that many people want. I think Jintan has made great strides: he confessed his love for Menma (something he couldn't do the day she died), he is out of the house working two jobs, and he has reconnected with his childhood friends. That's pretty impressive for a hikikomori. Much as Jintan may want Menma to stay around, she knows it will be better for him if she moves on, and she is willing to do so. I don't think there is any doubt that Jintan also has feelings for Anjou--look at how he acted to save her in class after the love hotel incident, and Anjou was about the only live person who was even trying to bring him out of his room in the early episodes.

I have a lot of confidence that no matter what direction they take it, the ending will be done well. This has been the most emotional anime for me since Clannad. (And shares some themes with one of the first anime's I ever watched Green Green which despite a very high ecchi content also had at its core a very sad love story.) Get your kleenex ready! I forecast a six hanky finale.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 18, 2011 10:43 PM

Jun 2011
rodac said:
I think next week we'll find out the truth behind Poppo's "I just watched comment" and an answer to why Tsuruko has Menma's original hair ornament in her drawer. I hope not, because if that is the direction this series goes it will be pretty dark, and in 20 minutes there will be no room for a happy ending.

On the other hand, if Menma does resolve the wish, move on, and reincarnate,
then we have a chance for the anjou x jintan ending that many people want. I think Jintan has made great strides: he confessed his love for Menma (something he couldn't do the day she died), he is out of the house working two jobs, and he has reconnected with his childhood friends. That's pretty impressive for a hikikomori. Much as Jintan may want Menma to stay around, she knows it will be better for him if she moves on, and she is willing to do so. I don't think there is any doubt that Jintan also has feelings for Anjou--look at how he acted to save her in class after the love hotel incident, and Anjou was about the only live person who was even trying to bring him out of his room in the early episodes.

I have a lot of confidence that no matter what direction they take it, the ending will be done well. This has been the most emotional anime for me since Clannad. (And shares some themes with one of the first anime's I ever watched Green Green which despite a very high ecchi content also had at its core a very sad love story.) Get your kleenex ready! I forecast a six hanky finale.

Your entire post has made me more excited than I already am.

BRB buying boxes upon boxes of Kleenex.

Jun 19, 2011 1:23 AM

May 2010
tsubasalover said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Everyone's feeling revealed. Nice revelations.

Menma didn't go, though, even after firework was lit.

I got a feeling that the firework is not Menma's true wish (I'm betting that Menma rue wish had something to do Jinta's mother) and that is why she hadn't disappear, but still I notice that Tsurumi had a feeling with Yukiatsu since it's all so cliche but it is interesting to watch a movie of this genre !!
Jun 19, 2011 2:03 AM

Jan 2008
I can't stop the tears that welled up from eyes by the look and faces of them standing and as the fireworks explode in the sky, and the reaction of Yadomi and Yukiatsu after. This show really is done well.
Jun 19, 2011 2:19 AM

Sep 2010
Damn. 1 episode left.
Jun 19, 2011 2:24 AM

Nov 2008
codes said:
I...eh...sorry...I....I..think....Episode...

forget it, my mind is full of fuck.

Oh god I have my last final exam tomorrow but I don't care! I swear I almost cried when the fireworks were lit. It's been so long since I was this emotional because of an anime q(TT ^ TT)q
I wanted to give everybody a firm hug. Anaru, Tsurumi, Yukiatsu, Poppo, Jin-tan and even Menma's mother and brother!
And I just noticed that I have so much stuff in common with Anaru. The gaming, the manga, liking a childhood friend who doesn't notice her. Even in appearance (O ^ O) I looked just her when she was young too. I even have the same glasses now. (I just wish I was as trendy~)

I'm guessing that Menma's wish really does have something to do with Jinta's mother. I wonder what it is?

I'm pretty sure I will cry next episode ;w;
Jun 19, 2011 2:31 AM

Jun 2008
Fucking creepy bastard just stop it already! It's a wig for Christ sakes!!

So Tsuruko finally reveled what we all been expecting. Poor girls, being stuck with two guys obsessed with a dead girl. I don't really hope that they will manage to be with them. They will always be second choice anyway. I just hope they will get over them and find love in some other guys in the future.
I wonder if Tsuruko's haircut means that she decided to turn a new leaf in her life and stop following that creepy bastard like a puppet doll.

Btw for once more credits to Anaru's voice actress. She really makes those crying scenes come out strong and desperate. The desperation in her crying sounds so real.

P.S: why did i find my self bending my neck trying to look more under Anaru's skirt in this scene?^_^
Jun 19, 2011 3:00 AM
Feb 2008
meme-chan said:
I think... I don't like Tsuruko with short hair...

I really liked her new hairstyle
Jun 19, 2011 3:06 AM

Oct 2009
Such a dramatic episode. I was yelling at my screen when Yadomi kept thinking about stopping the fireworks. When the music started playing as the fireworks went up, I felt a little teary-eyed. This is by far the best show of the season, hell the best show in a while.

AirStyles said:
hottbill said:
What I have learned this episode:

edit: thanks, read subs a lil too fast

LMFAO @ Yukiatsu's aspire to be! XD

Gawd that's good! XD

When did Popo have a crush on Menma or Anaru? I don't remember seeing anything like that.

mod edit: forum distortion
sakaJun 21, 2011 12:13 AM
Jun 19, 2011 3:41 AM
Jun 2011
Jun 19, 2011 4:03 AM
Apr 2009
The ending should have (I think) something to do with the title, they need to know the name of the flower they saw that day.
Jun 19, 2011 4:39 AM
Jun 2011
It's either they learn what Menma's real wish is or they do it unexpectedly without knowing that was her wish. Obviously, it's goping to be about what Jintan's mom said to Menma whih made Menma call the others to go to the secret base and how she died.
Jun 19, 2011 6:18 AM
Jul 2018
About Menma's wish I think Jinta's mom didn't want her son to be left alone. She knew she was dying so that part of the conversation with Menma is about not letting Jinta feels lonely.
Menma thinks that if everyone is together the way they were Jinta will be ok but she doesn't know they are broken inside. The fireworks was a project that needed to be done by all of them so she thought things would work out somehow.

I don't see how things are gonna get fixed with only one episode left. There are still many things to be explained.
But I'm expecting a real talk with all of them in that preview scene.
Jun 19, 2011 7:24 AM

Apr 2011
Jinta doesn't know what he wants. I hope he gets with Anaru in the last episode, but I just don't see it happening.

And yes I'm going to cry since the next episode is the last one... :( A-1 plz make a second season.
Jun 19, 2011 8:27 AM

Aug 2010
Lol, I had a feeling that the firework wasn't going to work.

Tsuruko's new hairdo doesn't look too bad, and I can't believe that she thinks that Yukiatsu's never going to see her as more than a friend. She deserves love! She's awesome!

When Jintan kept saying "I can stop this," I laughed really hard. xD
Jun 19, 2011 9:32 AM

Aug 2010
the next episode is going to be super sad. if Menma does end up going to heaven then it wouldn't go with out her getting her wish of somehow helping Jinta. personally id love the fairy tail ending where everyone sees her and she stays and lives happily ever after, id even settle with everyone seeing her, becoming happy and then she leaves.
Jun 19, 2011 10:48 AM

Feb 2008
I think that menma's wish at the time was for everyone to help jintan understand that even if his mom died he would still have his friend to support him. But since menma also died that day its become a lil more complicated
Jun 19, 2011 11:36 AM

Oct 2010
what an amasing episode, i feel so touched, i don't think i can live a week with out finding out what is going to happen in the next episode, this could be a favorite because so far it is one of the best animes i have ever watched.
Jun 19, 2011 11:49 AM

Nov 2010
Don't know if someone said this before, but I am going to throw this in as a guess.

Near the end, Jintan and Anaru are shown to be married. A little girl walks in as they are talking, (their kid) and Jintan says something like "Menma come here" and you see their kid looks similar to Menma.

That would blow my mind away.
Jun 19, 2011 2:08 PM

Sep 2010
Sieye said:
Don't know if someone said this before, but I am going to throw this in as a guess.

Near the end, Jintan and Anaru are shown to be married. A little girl walks in as they are talking, (their kid) and Jintan says something like "Menma come here" and you see their kid looks similar to Menma.

That would blow my mind away.

If that happens, then I would be really surprised.
Jun 19, 2011 2:35 PM

Oct 2009
Such a great show...it's...it's....way too good!
Jun 19, 2011 5:03 PM

Jan 2010
I don't know what to expect anymore, but maybe the ending will be more related to the title?.. maybe Menma will be reincarnated as a flower.. lol.. What is Menma's wish. really?.. or maybe the fireworks was really her wish but since Jintan did not want her to go to heaven, she wasn't able to..

And then the ending could be like, they will set off another firework and Jintan with no lingering feelings or what soever let's her go..

Really really waiting for the next episode.
Jun 19, 2011 5:54 PM
Sep 2010
great ep, hope it ends nice

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
raiburari |

Jun 19, 2011 6:02 PM

Apr 2008
I wasn`t suprised when Menma talked after the fireworks :P
It`s probably something deeper then fireworks that Menma wish for.

And who is the lady she talked about in the bed? Hmmm

Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm watching this in 2024

bUriTtOTiTaN - Mar 26

30 by RegicakTiiy »»
Mar 29, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1235 by sarkardragon »»
Feb 21, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 5, 2011

387 by mylovetokoyami »»
Feb 16, 2:40 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2011

229 by nisensi »»
Feb 9, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

notnishiura - Apr 21, 2011

358 by Xeehad »»
Jan 17, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.