Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 14, 2011 3:29 PM

Sep 2010
Linalee-Stratos said:
For some reason I think, Suzuha is the spy. She definitely knows more than she is supposed to.
Dolls have always scared me and a severed & bloody one on top *shivers*..and getting an MMS of it *shivers*....Poor Okarin; come I will comfort you.
Love Okarin's and Mayushii's relationship. It's just different.
SERN could easily kill them but they still didn't. So maybe the sms Okarin's getting isn't from them.
No preview for next episode?

Wasnt she suposed to be a time traveler warrior from the future, probably sent to help Okarin fighting the "organization"??
I don't expect justice. I expect revenge, even if it solves nothing in the end.
I don't expect redemption. I expect decadence and self destruction.
I don't expect compassion. I expect selfishness.
I don't expect people making choices. I expect a cruel fate forced upon them.
Jun 14, 2011 3:45 PM

Oct 2010
Shit this is getting interesting, good to see things moving forward again.

I wonder what Suzuha's deal is? i still think shes way more involved with SERN and time traveling than she should be. I've always suspected that she has some connection with John Titor

Christina was hot as ever, loved it when she was on @channel

TEH suspense and the horror god that was great shit. 5/5 keep it up
Jun 14, 2011 3:45 PM

Jul 2009
Just a light speculation from having thought about this episode for some time, regarding the nature of this series. Each of the characters undoubtedly have some uncertainty with regards Okarin, and the effects of his D-mails, seem to be not quite adding up. As in, Mayushi's questioning, Moeka's reactions, and Suzuhu's knowledge (sudden blame on Makise), they all know something, and we don't know what it is.

There are two things here which we must remember, and I don't know if it works, but it seems to fit slightly. Makise wants to send Memory into the past, she talks of her father and meeting him with Okabe. She then says that it's decided, she is dragging him. Something must have happened there, I believe Makise possibly is a SERN spy of some form, but only based on memory she sent back to herself at a date the succeeds where we are now, so in theory, when Makise says she is not a SERN spy, she is telling the truth. However, Suzuhu probably knows that Makise has some form of relationship with SERN in the future and thus the link.

As for Okabe's reaction to the severed head, my thoughts was perhaps, the severed head was either a doll, or a precious item from Mayushi's childhood, or maybe even her as a younger child. Considering Mayushi is a childhood friend, this could be a possibility.

Put two and two together, and I expect the next episode should be quite a thriller, but what the heck, this episode indeed sent chills down my spine and I found myself paranoid in my room when he recieved that message. Creepy stuff.
Jun 14, 2011 3:58 PM
Jun 2010
Justmiff said:
Just a light speculation from having thought about this episode for some time, regarding the nature of this series. Each of the characters undoubtedly have some uncertainty with regards Okarin, and the effects of his D-mails, seem to be not quite adding up. As in, Mayushi's questioning, Moeka's reactions, and Suzuhu's knowledge (sudden blame on Makise), they all know something, and we don't know what it is.

There are two things here which we must remember, and I don't know if it works, but it seems to fit slightly. Makise wants to send Memory into the past, she talks of her father and meeting him with Okabe. She then says that it's decided, she is dragging him. Something must have happened there, I believe Makise possibly is a SERN spy of some form, but only based on memory she sent back to herself at a date the succeeds where we are now, so in theory, when Makise says she is not a SERN spy, she is telling the truth. However, Suzuhu probably knows that Makise has some form of relationship with SERN in the future and thus the link.

As for Okabe's reaction to the severed head, my thoughts was perhaps, the severed head was either a doll, or a precious item from Mayushi's childhood, or maybe even her as a younger child. Considering Mayushi is a childhood friend, this could be a possibility.

Put two and two together, and I expect the next episode should be quite a thriller, but what the heck, this episode indeed sent chills down my spine and I found myself paranoid in my room when he recieved that message. Creepy stuff.

everything youve said is what ive thought also, Makise isnt a spy currently, but from memories sent to her from the future, she becomes one.

on the severed head, i seriously thought that it looked like mayushii, plus as youve thought as well, okabes reaction pointed to great horror towards mayushii.

i actually thought it may be mayushii in a cosplay, coming from the reference in this episode about an event coming up where mayushii will be dressed in cosplay as pointed out in this episode with mayushii carrying around clothing etc.

Jun 14, 2011 3:58 PM

Dec 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
DesolateOne said:
Yumekichi11 said:

I just wonder if SERN was connected to the lab then the computer had to have a CAM? Right? If not then how the heck would they observe what they were doing there.
So someone may have logged in reports about the experiments and if I would be correct to assume that would be none other than Okabe himself because he would be the only one who would remember the changes therefore it would be Okabe's own fault for endangering everyone.

In conclusion it is common sense to deduct from that of why would he want to do all to prevent any member from being hurt by SERN. As such he had every reason to be in the panic mode while running like everyone's lives are in danger as soon as he got word of SERN's death threat. So in other words it's all Okabe's fault? I don't see it otherwise of how would SERN be in knowledge of Okabe's doing unless someone else has the same DNA powers he has. That would be a major twist.

No, he did not log in any reports or at least it does not say so. A better explanation would be that SERN's computer servers can monitor activity via timestamps that shows who accessed the data at what time, etc. This is despite Daru's supposedly superior hacking skills.

I guess it can be viewed as Okabe's fault, since he pretty much keeps allowing D-mails to be sent. Seems a bit foolish of him since it's like rubbing a grease stain on a shirt in an attempt to clean it, but in the end you only make it worse. But really, what would you do?

SERN doesn't actually "know" what Okabe's been through.

SERN just knows that he has a hold of a working time machine and the IBN5100, as well as "knowing too much" - which is something that they planned to keep secret, especially since their own experiments with time-leaping resulted people dying.
sakaJun 15, 2011 12:03 AM

Jun 14, 2011 4:09 PM

May 2010
Tuuuutuuuruuuu!~

"Silver Finger" has been the most sketchy one to me so far. Every time she talks to Okarin, it's mostly about the time machine - whether she wants to "borrow it', see it or use it & now for them to stop using it...& Now "Christina" goes into my list of suspicions. Don't think it was a good idea for Okarin to go with her so easily or even suggest it until he had more time to think over what Suzuha said...

That running scene was pretty trippy/awesome..
Jun 14, 2011 4:15 PM
Jun 2010
realscreamer: silver finger is certainly sketchy, but i feel shes more protective of okabe, so i cant see her being bad.

about makise, the theory that shes a spy in the future makes the most sence to me, because out of everyone, she would be the first scouted by Sern due to her work and abilitly.
sakaJun 15, 2011 12:01 AM
Jun 14, 2011 4:33 PM

May 2010
minatojs said:
silver finger is certainly sketchy, but i feel shes more protective of okabe, so i cant see her being bad.

about makise, the theory that shes a spy in the future makes the most sence to me, because out of everyone, she would be the first scouted by Sern due to her work and abilitly.

That's possible, but I still have my suspicions about her..

I agree with the Makise Theory. Suzuha pretty much made it clear that Christina is(will be) part of the "Stern"..Since it's obvious now that Suzuha is from the future, thus she knows pretty much what will occur... I wonder what will push her to the point of being part of "Stern". Only thought in my head is her father having something to do with it.
Jun 14, 2011 4:50 PM
Jun 2010
RealScreamer said:
minatojs said:
silver finger is certainly sketchy, but i feel shes more protective of okabe, so i cant see her being bad.

That's possible, but I still have my suspicions about her..

I agree with the Makise Theory. Suzuha pretty much made it clear that Christina is(will be) part of the "Stern"..Since it's obvious now that Suzuha is from the future, thus she knows pretty much what will occur... I wonder what will push her to the point of being part of "Stern". Only thought in my head is her father having something to do with it.

That's a good question...... what came to mind is she's forced. In the anime opening, she looks to be held captive with purple hair, although that might mean nothing. Then again, it could be something viable because of the way her character is currently being protrayed, a betrayal seems slim at this point.
Jun 14, 2011 5:23 PM

Jul 2010
I swear if Mayuri is the one behind all this, I would shit bricks.

It's getting pretty creepy and kinda confusing, but it's a great episode nonetheless. lol'ed at the reference All your base are belong to us.
Jun 14, 2011 5:41 PM

Apr 2008
Shiiiiiit, shit just got serious o_O Best episode so far imo !
Jun 14, 2011 6:12 PM
Dec 2008
OMG I WISH I CAN TIME TRAVEL A WEEK LATER TO SEE THE NEXT EP
I DONT CARE ABOUT WED- MON
Jun 14, 2011 6:35 PM

Oct 2010
kaena said:
Nah why bother, you can time travel 1 and half year into the future and get all the BDs rips. :P

I totally understand people who are watching this only or not much shows this season. The anticipation is a killer indeed.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 14, 2011 6:47 PM

May 2009
I don't know how many consecutive episodes I've been thinking this now, but it's getting good. Can't wait for the next episode.
On a lighter note, I love the interactions between Okabe and Makise. It just works.
Jun 14, 2011 6:57 PM

Jan 2011
Okabe's insanity level was already slowly crippling from those threats and this one hit him hard,but if everyone saying that Sh** gonna hit the fan next week i really wonder when hes just gonna lose it.
Jun 14, 2011 7:17 PM

Jul 2007
Holy shit I actually got chills watching this episode. Especially when Kyouma saw that message.
Jun 14, 2011 7:22 PM
Dec 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
kaena said:
Nah why bother, you can time travel 1 and half year into the future and get all the BDs rips. :P

I totally understand people who are watching this only or not much shows this season. The anticipation is a killer indeed.

nah i like the anticipation
painful pleasure lol
Jun 14, 2011 7:27 PM

Aug 2010
Awesome episode and the fanservice really capped it off brilliantly.
Jun 14, 2011 7:29 PM

May 2010
Fanservice + Creepy Mindf*ck = Ep 11

"ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!"
Jun 14, 2011 8:23 PM

Oct 2010
Kansokusha said:
Yumekichi11 said:
So what is the VN spoiler about exactly? Who is that? Yeah PM me about that now.
S;G is all about mindfuck n twists. I won't spoil u the fun. Trust me, if u got spoiled, ur screwed. Just do ur best to forget the said spoiler.
Just tell or at least guide where is this in the VN? We are not even sure if this will get animated. It's always like that with VN adaptation or LN, all just can never ever get into the series itself. That's why in knowing all about anime you need the LN, the manga and VN sources. Right?

Jun 14, 2011 8:37 PM

Oct 2008
Tuturu is back :D

Awesome ep btw.
Jun 14, 2011 8:41 PM

Nov 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Kansokusha said:
Yumekichi11 said:
So what is the VN spoiler about exactly? Who is that? Yeah PM me about that now.
S;G is all about mindfuck n twists. I won't spoil u the fun. Trust me, if u got spoiled, ur screwed. Just do ur best to forget the said spoiler.
Just tell or at least guide where is this in the VN? We are not even sure if this will get animated. It's always like that with VN adaptation or LN, all just can never ever get into the series itself. That's why in knowing all about anime you need the LN, the manga and VN sources. Right?

Well this image is surely from VN by looking its art. Anyways I just clicked and closed immediately but:

ps: Please guys it's fucking anime thread and stop posting spoilers from Visual Nove or Game. This is getting irritating you know. At least tell us that you are going to post something from VN. Stop frigging trolling around. *sighs*
Jun 14, 2011 8:42 PM

Jun 2008
It just keeps getting better.....

You gotta love that Bath fanservice scene also!

I fear something horrible is about to happen.
Jun 14, 2011 8:45 PM

Jun 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Kansokusha said:
Yumekichi11 said:

It's definitely from the VN and its DEFINITELY going to happen, as it's an important part of the plot. It will happen sometime later.
Jun 14, 2011 8:50 PM

Sep 2008
I thought that Tsunashi Takuto was going to punch someone in the face when everything went all black-and-whitish with the power of his libido.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2011 9:00 PM

Nov 2010
SHIT JUST GOT HARD.
Jun 14, 2011 9:59 PM
May 2010
stop posting spoilers, guys, even there is a spoiler tag but discussing about it is no less than am open spoiler.
there should not be any spoilers in the first place, not even the tags
the anime's tension is now ruined
Jun 14, 2011 10:08 PM

Dec 2010
Kansokusha said:
DesolateOne said:
Riga92 said:
TheTroller said:

Dude, delete that now before everyone else sees it from curiosity.

Guys. Guys. It's just fanart...right? Delete it anyways if you guys deem it's a spoiler.

Nah, it's not a fanart. It's a major spoiler from the VN. For Steins Gate's sake, please delete it immediately. And pray to Hououin Kyouma for a time shift, so that yall can forget what u've seen.

I know its not but noone would have known if you didn't make a big deal about it. I was just trying to make it seem plausible that it was fan art but now you proved it was a spoiler....so the three people who have overlooked it now know the truth.

Smh. Now a delete is required.

Riga92 said:
It's definitely from the VN and its DEFINITELY going to happen, as it's an important part of the plot. It will happen sometime later.

No its not. Its not that important. In fact, it doesn't even have to be added into the anime adaptation. However, this anime is following the VN pretty nicely so it will show it. Don't get me wrong, having it included explains a few things, but only regarding the own question it created (that is, if you know what I'm referring to).
RezurrektJun 14, 2011 10:15 PM

Jun 14, 2011 10:16 PM

Oct 2010
Qpax said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Kansokusha said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Well this image is surely from VN by looking its art. Anyways I just clicked and closed immediately but:

ps: Please guys it's fucking anime thread and stop posting spoilers from Visual Nove or Game. This is getting irritating you know. At least tell us that you are going to post something from VN. Stop frigging trolling around. *sighs*
Oh shit! You are right it is her. Oh shit! O_O Another crazy person going around but I do know what might be a cause among the many other things I may suspect but won't tell, too far in the VN for this point in the anime.

Although I would love to have more VN players that can around their ass in mentioning around what each episode may be omitting that we viewers having never played the VN should know. Well I do my parts like that sometimes on some series.

Jun 14, 2011 10:18 PM

Jul 2008
Really good episode, looks like things are starting to heat up.
Jun 14, 2011 10:34 PM

Mar 2011
As someone who was nearly traumatized by Chucky as a kid... PLZ NO MORE BLOODY DOLL-HEAD-THINGS.
Jun 14, 2011 10:35 PM

Jun 2010
DesolateOne said:

Riga92 said:

No its not. Its not that important. In fact, it doesn't even have to be added into the anime adaptation. However, this anime is following the VN pretty nicely so it will show it. Don't get me wrong, having it included explains a few things, but only regarding the own question it created (that is, if you know what I'm referring to).

Ah your right, I should have reworded what I typed. The scene that leads to the one in the spoiler will definitely happen. You're right that it doesn't have to be shown in the anime, it's even an optional scene in the VN. But it is best if the anime includes it, as to not leave the question hanging.
Jun 14, 2011 10:38 PM

Aug 2009
So I almost ALMOST saw the spoiler pic, but I am so glad I didn't.
Stupid fags always posting spoilers in MAL threads, time to abandon thread.
Jun 14, 2011 10:38 PM

Jun 2011
DesolateOne said:

This is indeed one of the biggest twist in the whole plot. When I 1st played through this part of the VN I was like wtf? It's jus so disturbing to left unchecked. Who doesn't love

SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT

Omg what am I doin? Freakin hate spoilers. They spread like cancer.
Jun 14, 2011 10:58 PM

Dec 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Although I would love to have more VN players that can around their ass in mentioning around what each episode may be omitting that we viewers having never played the VN should know. Well I do my parts like that sometimes on some series.

Some things you should have noticed/known by now:

Ruka is a girl in this worldline.

Akiba town is now "normalized".

Suzuha is hiding something.

Moeka is strangely obsessed with her phone, the IBN5100, and shows interest in the time machine (not to mention she rarely ever speaks).

Suzuha did not find her father in this wordline (however, she stays).

The TV downstairs is what limited the timeframe in which they could send the D-mails.

SERN has been watching them the entire time as hinted by the two email threats Okabe received so far.

The divergence number is steadily decreasing from 1%.

The lab members supposedly have access to the LHC.

Kurisu's relationship with her father had been soured due to their profession.

Suzuha has an unexplained "grudge" against Kurisu.

The LHC is still missing in this world line.

Kurisu's research paper was on compressing memory into a data-like format.

D-mails affect the wordline in which it was sent from, so the changes/ effects of any previous d-mails are still in existant.

The lab members are attempting to build an actual time machine. One that can allow someone (in this case, Okabe) to go back into the past (not the same thing as d-mails).

I think that's all you really need to know so far or again, it's what you should have noticed so far.
RezurrektJun 14, 2011 11:06 PM

Jun 14, 2011 11:01 PM
Nov 2009
That scene where he was running to Mayushi was absolutely incredible. I was shivering.
Jun 14, 2011 11:17 PM

Jan 2009
‿‿ >my face when creepy mail.
And we've gotten to that point, already. Oh my, this is getting intense by now.
Oh well. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 14, 2011 11:24 PM

Jun 2011
Lookin forward to the next episode. Night finally falls...

Had any1 listened to the song "Reliance" in the Hackin to the Gate OP Single?
It jus fits perfectly with the UPCOMING SCENE if u know wut im talkin bout...
The melody... the lyrics... it's so epic n... tearful.
I will be disappointed if they dun use it.
Jun 14, 2011 11:32 PM

Jan 2009
Kansokusha said:
Well, it is Itou Kanako. And pretty much all of her songs that are related to Steins;Gate are quite... fitting.
Same goes for the songs related to ChäoS;HEAd. Lyrics are so much fun.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 14, 2011 11:56 PM

Jun 2009
lol when Kyouma saw Christina browsing @channel it looks like she was caught browsing porn.

I really need to be careful reading some post in here. This is a spoiler filled series. Don't want to ruin my viewing pleasure.
Jun 15, 2011 12:00 AM

Sep 2009
Wow. I almost want to spoil myself with what happens next. I must keep resisting.
Jun 15, 2011 12:01 AM

Mar 2010
   ∧_∧
  ( ´∀`)< ぬるぽ

Jun 15, 2011 12:03 AM

Jun 2009
Can anyone tell me the name of the music, that plays during conversation between Okabe and Kurisu on the playground?

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Jun 15, 2011 12:29 AM

Oct 2010
Oosran said:
Kansokusha said:
Well, it is Itou Kanako. And pretty much all of her songs that are related to Steins;Gate are quite... fitting.
When are they going to put that AR song from the VN. If they can put a certain section of it, it would be epic!

Jun 15, 2011 12:59 AM

Feb 2009
Again with the spoilers here. щ(゚Д゚щ)
ALMOST but I'm still safe.

The TV is also connected to the D-mail experiment? How so? I don't get it. Then again, how they are using a microwave to send mails to the past isn't also fully explained so I guess I'll accept that it's also a variable for the D-mail.
Liked the Mayushii and Christina talks again, especially the Christina part. Though was that really what Okarin said to catch Makise off-guard? "All your base are belong to us?" Another translation please.
That mail Kyouma got was really creepy. I liked that black and white sequence when he was running back. Music was good.
And hello fanservice, yum. Needs a clean and full picture of that.
And now SERN is evidently on to them.
inb4 people in black suits tailing them? Nah, don't think so.
Jun 15, 2011 1:03 AM

Jun 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Oosran said:
Kansokusha said:
When are they going to put that AR song from the VN. If they can put a certain section of it, it would be epic!

It's kind of weird that the pace of Skyclad no Kansokusha and A.R. jus won't fit into an anime... but they better have Unmei no Farfalla... dat song's jus utterly depressing...
Jun 15, 2011 1:09 AM

Aug 2010
Have a bad feeling about this person who is sending these messages. I kinda like every character on the team, would hate to see something happening to them. 5/5, I can hardly wait for the next one!

Can't read the comments anymore, some people just have to spoil it...
Jun 15, 2011 1:18 AM

Nov 2010
Just wanted to say this was an awesome episode
Jun 15, 2011 2:23 AM
Apr 2011
Freaky....

I wonder if Christina's father works for SERN. If Okabe decides to have Christina and her father reconcile, it might be possible that her attempt to mend their relationship leads to her working for SERN.

I think the creepiest part was that SERN had openly allowed them to connect. I'm sure they don't know what Okabe has been doing but I wonder if Okabe has gotten farther with time leap than SERN
Jun 15, 2011 2:27 AM

Jun 2009
This anime keeps getting better and better. I wish that next week would come sooner.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - May 17, 2011

309 by DmtTrean »»
Apr 9, 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.