Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 19, 2008 2:25 AM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
..."i did it"

SPOILER--->That fight scene was just epic compared to the whole series. Pretty glad it stayed close to the manga almost to the tee. It may have been restructured around a bit but for the most part, 96% of the manga panels made it to the screen.

...thats all there is to say about that (;_;) really wish they go into volume 6 for the ova
Petroska ftw!

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Aug 20, 2008 2:14 PM

May 2007
Wasted_Life said:
..."i did it"
Hell yes.

Although i'm glad to finally get this crap off my currently watching, the final episode was badass enough to barely bump up my final rating to a 6.
Sep 1, 2008 5:58 PM

Mar 2008
did you guys watch the crappy subs that are on veoh? or just the raws?
Feb 1, 2009 12:55 AM
Dec 2007
Easily one of the most underrated series of 2008. Great atmosphere and characters, and I don't speak about the music which is absolutely fantastic. I loved the first series a long time ago, and I still love the second even if they are very different from each other. Can't wait for the OVAs.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 3, 2009 4:14 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Very nice finale, Triela <3.

Took a while to get used to the new animation but things like the music were outstanding. The OP is one of my all time favorites. 8/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 11, 2009 1:05 PM
Mar 2008
Just finished watching.
Yeah, probably the most underrated series of 2008, and I quote what cyruz said, the music is always awesome, and both OP and ED are great.
It's really sad that a lot of people judge from the cover.
Apr 9, 2009 5:24 PM

Jan 2008
Well the first 4 or so episodes did suck, especially considering how good the first season was. After that it managed to pick itself up and get decent, although Rico and Henreitta still look retarded with the new art style. Decent second half, finale and being faithful to the manga gave it a serious boost though =D.
Apr 25, 2009 5:09 AM

Apr 2008
The first few episodes sucked so bad. But thing the one was so good!
I hope Pinocchio still lives but I doubt it. Same goes for Franka, Franko & Cristiano..

I had this thing a 7 before but this episode and Triela's epicness bumped this series up to a blazing hot nine!

It even made me read the manga!
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Jun 4, 2009 5:46 PM

Jun 2008
at first i disliked this show but when it finally ended it felt very satisfying.

BEST SITE TO WATCH ANIME!!!!
Jun 24, 2009 1:11 PM

Jun 2009
I thought it was a great ending except for that cheesy holding hands moment. I really didn't think that was an appropriate moment to end the season on. However, the amazing fight scene made up for it.
Jun 26, 2009 7:27 AM
Nov 2007
It was a fine ending to me

Jun 29, 2009 4:20 PM
May 2009
Exactly like you guys say: during the first 3 episodes, especially after having seen season 1 I was wondering whether this season is worth watching. But it gradually became better and better. With a great ending.

Aug 28, 2009 8:30 PM

May 2009

Of course.

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Sep 26, 2009 7:57 PM
Apr 2009
Amazing ending to an amazing show.

I still don't think this series compares to the first, although by the end it was getting close. They improved the animation (especially in the fight scenes), and I got used to the new music. The story was excellent throughout, although I still had to force myself through the first few eps before the show improved.
Oct 4, 2009 6:09 PM

Jan 2008
b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l
I wish Pino lived longer he was such an awesome character when he went I cried :(
so sad and the final fight scene the music was just amazing! I gotta try and find it to download!
If someone finds it let me know! :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2009 1:18 AM

Mar 2008
I find myself being more attached to Pino's side, the "villains" are more charming than the main characters imo.
Dec 21, 2009 7:37 PM

Feb 2008
Despite Artland and their low-low budget, I think they did a great job.

Wonderful, tragic story with absolutely amazing music to go along with it.

Loved it.

Dec 26, 2009 2:06 PM

Jan 2008
Zerakus said:
Despite Artland and their low-low budget, I think they did a great job. Wonderful, tragic story with absolutely amazing music to go along with it. Loved it.

Yes, you can't beat down a well written story. Emotionaly moving and I "Bought-in" the characters as much as I did in the first season.

However, we were all very spoiled by the first series. I could not forgive the lack animation quality. Imagine the final fight between Pino and Triela done by Madhouse. Do you think they would have skimped with Artland's Slo-Mo and broken frames? Or would this most important battle of the arc been a high budget, high frame rate scene fitting it's importance?

7 out of 10 - I loved it... but..
Jan 12, 2010 8:18 PM
Jun 2009
I had watched the first season and enjoyed it and was excited for this one, then i started hearing people's opinions. I ended up putting it off for while because of that, big mistake. To be honest, I think I enjoyed this just slightly more than the first. The last episode was great. I enjoyed the characters.

Jan 20, 2010 2:47 AM

Jun 2006
I agree that the last fight with Triela & Pino was like the best one. :3

Mar 31, 2010 7:25 PM

Feb 2010
very good ending!!! :)
Apr 23, 2010 6:58 PM

Jul 2009
the final fight between Triela and Pinochio was amazing
though the ending would have been best with both Triela and Pinochio dieing in the final fight
Pinochios death was sad as I had come to love both him and Triela.
the only thing I can really say about difference in art and music was that the first season was way better on those aspects.
kg-san said:

Asu you're still a fragile flower... But its ok cause you're a beautiful flower!

花火花火花火 :D:D:D
Aug 4, 2010 10:15 PM
Aug 2008
Christ that ending pissed me off. I was always finding myself rooting for the cyborgs, but when they introduced Pinocchio and gave us more background on the bomb makers, I slowly started to feel more and more sympathy for the terrorists and their cause. Pino and company seemed to be more human than those cyborgs and their handlers. To have them all die at the end like that made all that character development seem pointless, and it was especially insulting that the series ended with these little girls lives going back to normal after killing such great characters, then there was the BS where Triela was still alive. I was absolutely disgusted with the cyborgs and the Social Welfare Agency by the end of this show, in fact i was cheering when they ran over Rico (who is my favorite character D: ). Its too bad the bad guys never win, and that good always has to triumph over evil. Its too bad the terrorists had to die after realizing that maybe what they were doing all long was wrong, and that all they needed was each other. Maybe there is a lesson to be learned here about big governments getting out of control and running the lives of us little people.
Dedicatus545Aug 4, 2010 10:18 PM
Aug 9, 2010 6:43 PM

Aug 2009
I'm sure Franco survived. But I hope Franca also survived. ;_; She's so awesome.
Christiano could like die under a rock or something.

Anyway, last fight was disappointing. Don't feel like writing a rant at the moment, it's like 3:20 AM.

4/5 for this episode, 7/10 for the anime.
Would've been 9/10 if it wasn't for the fugly animation and mediocre soundtrack. (ED = total smex though. Lia's version.)
Nov 20, 2010 12:27 AM

Oct 2010
I was soo dam sad about Franca/o =.( and i felt bad for Pino ( he needed one more bullet ~.~ ) but he should have run when he was told to.
I'm still confuse why Angelica is still alive. I though she died on season 1 ?
I would recommend the second season to anyone... but they must know that going throw the first 6 ep might be a little hard
huh?
Jan 10, 2011 4:26 PM

Jul 2009
I really enjoyed this series, and the last episodes really picked it up. I really liked how they gave us both perspectives in this story to get a good, less bias, sense of it all. Rico wasn't so cute after this episode :/
Jan 10, 2011 4:29 PM

Jul 2009
Dedicatus545 said:
Christ that ending pissed me off. I was always finding myself rooting for the cyborgs, but when they introduced Pinocchio and gave us more background on the bomb makers, I slowly started to feel more and more sympathy for the terrorists and their cause. Pino and company seemed to be more human than those cyborgs and their handlers. To have them all die at the end like that made all that character development seem pointless, and it was especially insulting that the series ended with these little girls lives going back to normal after killing such great characters, then there was the BS where Triela was still alive. I was absolutely disgusted with the cyborgs and the Social Welfare Agency by the end of this show, in fact i was cheering when they ran over Rico (who is my favorite character D: ). Its too bad the bad guys never win, and that good always has to triumph over evil. Its too bad the terrorists had to die after realizing that maybe what they were doing all long was wrong, and that all they needed was each other. Maybe there is a lesson to be learned here about big governments getting out of control and running the lives of us little people.

I can't help but feel the author's wanted to completely flip the audience's perspective on the cyborgs. I totally agree, I wish Pinnochio killed Triela, but I suppose it is more realistic that the 'monster' wins. Also, I totally hated Rico after this one. Not only did she kill the poor butler, but she got headshotted and didn't die >:|
Jan 27, 2011 6:20 PM

Nov 2007
I guess I'm in the minority here: I thought it sucked. They butchered the characters portrayed in the first season so miserably. For example, if we were going with the personalities of the first season, after the fight at the end, Triela would not have asked for praise. She would have just said either stone-facedly or cockily that she won, and her handler would have given her the praise anyway, which, frankly, would have been way more touching. Subtext and what is not said is often a more powerful tool than being so in your face with emotions/depicted relationships (which is one reason why the first season was so excellent).

I mainly dislike this season, though, because the characters were all shallow, static, and all emotional moments were totally contrived. It was very one-dimensional. So many people here say they liked the terrorists better. Well, duh. Virtually the whole show was about them, whereas the girls were given far less development and screen time. Sure, they had an episode or two here, but those episodes didn't really focus on them in the present with their present motivations (and hardly added anything to their characters that we didn't already know), and they were all pretty predictable. It would have been far more impressive if they had given both sides equal weight and attention, and then they were both so compelling that you weren't sure who to root for. It's lazy, forceful writing to just focus on the "villains" against established heroes to milk that same torn feeling in viewers. And yeah, the art was terrible.

Plus, the inconsistencies and unrealistic elements were just so horrid. I mean, was I the only one who noticed the miraculous physics-defying flying car in the last ep? Yeah, cars don't just jump over other cars at high speeds because you hit the gas pedal. That's why in movies there is always a ramp of some sort. Speed Racer is surely envious. Also, why was Angelica able to be totally fine after being hit by a leaping car, but Rico was badly injured by getting hit by the same car? Answer me that one.

I will say that the opening theme for this one is AWESOME. Great, great song. And to be fair, if I saw this show by itself without the first season bias, I'd have given it the good old average 5. But as it is a sequel, and so should be compared to the first, it gets a 4 for bad from me.
Apr 4, 2011 4:33 PM

Feb 2011
^what the person above me said. Last episode was a okay ending to a poorly-done series. And they could have given Pinnochio a few lines at the end before they killed him, for heaven's sake. Good action, but lame drama, sucky scripting, and mediocre artwork.

There are two types of anime - almost as good as Elfen Lied, and not as good as Elfen Lied.
Jul 14, 2011 9:30 PM

Apr 2010
Katsuki said:
I agree that the last fight with Triela & Pino was like the best one. :3

ikr! i liked pino too, sad he died :( RAWR!
"Do not consider yourself deprived because your dreams were not fulfilled; the truly deprived have never dreams."
-Marie von Ebner
Sep 11, 2011 3:28 PM

Jun 2009
I watched the dubbed version, so I never got to hear the change in voice actors. Same crew as the first season, just different animation. I didn't like it at first, but as time went on I didn't really mind it. I prefer Madhouse, but I didn't hate this one. It grew on me.

I kind of wish that Pino and Triela died together. It kind of felt like a cop out for her to be alive. But, they did do the same thing in the first season with Angelica, so I guess they just continued that theme.

If both of them died when the viewers thought they did, I think it would have had more of an impact. I'm going to check out the manga to see how different it is compared to the shows.

quote=Tsumayouji]Plus, the inconsistencies and unrealistic elements were just so horrid. I mean, was I the only one who noticed the miraculous physics-defying flying car in the last ep? Yeah, cars don't just jump over other cars at high speeds because you hit the gas pedal. That's why in movies there is always a ramp of some sort. Speed Racer is surely envious. Also, why was Angelica able to be totally fine after being hit by a leaping car, but Rico was badly injured by getting hit by the same car? Answer me that one.

I don't think she jumped over the car, she just tilted it to the side to drive by it. So she didn't hit Angelica, just skimmed passed her. I'm not sure how she did it, but it isn't so unbelievable. I thought she jumped over the car too, at first, but the way it landed made me think she tilted it.
[/center]
Feb 15, 2012 1:41 AM

Sep 2011
Holy shit that was intense. I love the Gunslinger Girl series! I even fell in love with these new graphics. (didn't think I would but I did)

Oh and did anyone else laugh when Jean was like, "Your injuries will heal soon, and then you can work for me more."? :D
Apr 5, 2012 2:21 PM
Jul 2009
The supposed "bad guys" ended up being real people with real emotions, whereas the little girls were just ignorant brats that only wanted to please their handlers. Their feelings were fake; I felt like I just watched the real bad guys win.

5/10 score for me. Would have been a solid 7 if Pinocchio, Franca, and Franco hadn't died. Even the poor freaking butler that did nothing wrong got his face smashed into the car window, wtf.
UserDeletedApr 5, 2012 2:26 PM
Aug 22, 2012 7:41 PM

Aug 2008
meh this season was weird to me, in first season i liked chars in second they are all like killing robots was cheering for Pino to own them all ...
Nov 13, 2012 4:56 AM

Jun 2009
that fucking Pino died! on your face you bastard!
6/10. I definitely give higher score if all that fucking bastard villains die.
Nov 17, 2012 2:34 PM
Mar 2012
This season was different, but once you got over the adjusting in the change of the art, it was fine.

People are saying the cyborgs were too robotic.....but they're robots! Anyway, I don't get how people are saying there was no charecterization.

We learned more back stories from Triela. We got to see one (two?) episodes dedicated to Claes alone. Also we got to see some of why Jose is so into Henrietta, something we didn't see in season 1.

In fact season 1 didn't really focus a lot on the handlers.

This is like how everyone reflexively says DTB Gemini was bad, just because of the turn in tone.
Nov 20, 2012 6:51 PM

Aug 2012
ConfusedPerson said:
The supposed "bad guys" ended up being real people with real emotions, whereas the little girls were just ignorant brats that only wanted to please their handlers. Their feelings were fake; I felt like I just watched the real bad guys win.

5/10 score for me. Would have been a solid 7 if Pinocchio, Franca, and Franco hadn't died. Even the poor freaking butler that did nothing wrong got his face smashed into the car window, wtf.

lol, seriously. it seemed like a waste to just kill off these great characters at the end of the series. I liked the girls too, but the "bad guys" were great characters who I wanted to see have a happy ending. And then, they just end up dead like all the rest of the people the girls killed :(
Dec 29, 2012 9:34 PM

Dec 2010
I really enjoyed the series. But the last episode was out of hand.

Flanca, Franco and Pino all die off and not one of the brats dies? Come the fuck on. Pinocchio was one of my favorite characters in the whole series, bad writing killed him. If you want to take out Flanca and Franco at least have it happen while they rescue him not the old man. Terrible.

Still I won't let that change my overall enjoyment of this series as a whole. Like most anime many things could have been improved. But can't let that effect your enjoyment of any show. Or you will have about 5 anime that you can watch and like haha.
Jan 29, 2013 8:56 PM

Jan 2012
Very good episode to finish a very good and highly underrated series. And who says all Netflix anime is bad?

8/10 overall. Wasn't quite as good as S1, but still an awesome 2nd season.
Lemme smang it girl.
Jul 17, 2013 5:15 AM

Apr 2013
Loved how the episode title showed up at the near end... and the appropriate title for it...

Hoping for a third and concluding season where we see their

May 22, 2014 10:53 PM

Sep 2013
This episode was definitely an enjoyable one, both action packed and emotional. From the gunplay and the epic fight between Triela and Pinocchio, I liked both very much. I am a little sad that Pinocchio died, after we got to know his background and who he was, but at least he left knowing that he was cared for by his uncle even if it wasn’t blatantly said.

While I don’t know if Franco and Franca died since there were no bodies found, but if they did, at least they went out together, loving each other.

As far the girls are concerned, I am glad to see that they all received praise and kindness in their own unique way, as it gave some idea on the relationships between the girls and their partners.

I hope good things come their way, and now, on to the manga.
"You and your third dimension"
Jul 24, 2014 10:20 AM

Aug 2011
Well, it was all kind of tragic in the end...
Although I liked a little bit more of the story, I just won't give the same score as the first season because it was really hard to like the animation. Season 1 looks more... classy.
Aug 3, 2014 3:42 PM

Jun 2014
I didn't like the first couple episodes because of the poor animation. But after that, the anime was great. It would get a solid eight if the animation was better (in the first couple of episodes). But because of that, I will give it a 7/10.

And whats with the car defying physics? I had to re-watch that part to make sure that the car didn't hit anything that would make it fly like that.
Sep 6, 2014 4:12 PM

May 2012
This was actually a pretty good ending I must say, a lot better series than the first season as the drama combined properly this time with the pacing of the action and development so all in all it was pretty nice! Let's see what the additional two episodes will offer us though!
Sep 12, 2014 5:41 PM
Jun 2013
This was such a disappointment after a great first season. The only episode I actually enjoyed was Claes's episode. Artland really dropped the ball on this one.
Oct 10, 2014 5:05 PM

May 2010
BridgeX said:

Tsumayouji said:
Plus, the inconsistencies and unrealistic elements were just so horrid. I mean, was I the only one who noticed the miraculous physics-defying flying car in the last ep? Yeah, cars don't just jump over other cars at high speeds because you hit the gas pedal. That's why in movies there is always a ramp of some sort. Speed Racer is surely envious. Also, why was Angelica able to be totally fine after being hit by a leaping car, but Rico was badly injured by getting hit by the same car? Answer me that one.

I don't think she jumped over the car, she just tilted it to the side to drive by it. So she didn't hit Angelica, just skimmed passed her. I'm not sure how she did it, but it isn't so unbelievable. I thought she jumped over the car too, at first, but the way it landed made me think she tilted it.

Umm, what? LOL, you've never driven a car before!

No, you can't just tilt onto the side any more than you can randomly jump. Cars don't work like that...
“Money can't buy dere”
Oct 23, 2014 9:58 AM

Aug 2013
Was so pumped from the last episode then Hirscher ruined it -___- Triela's engaged in a life and death battle and he keeps distracting her. Yeah go ahead and shoot while the two are fighting in close combat. That was so frustrating to watch.

The cyborgs have the strength to flip heavy tables, throw and carry grown men so why did Triela struggle to push back Pino's knife (when they were in a deadlock)?

Also, what's with the jumping car XD

7/10. This was good but the first season was better.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 27, 2014 8:54 AM
Jun 2013
Well I liked this season mainly cause it felt like there was an actual plot. I really grew to like franca and franco. It made me feel pretty sad to see them die as I grew really attached to them. Ugh why did they have to try to save that bore pino. Speaking of pino im glad hes dead. Hes was just uninteresting and boring and inconsistant. Though the fight with Triela was pretty good. Im more confused about people feeling more sad for pino then franca and franco. Those two characters were actually interesting and you felt for them. Not so much for pino. One thing I did notice is this season shouldint be called gunslinger girl as it focused way more on franca and franco.
souledge94Oct 27, 2014 9:00 AM
Nov 2, 2014 2:30 PM

Jul 2013
Good ending to the story,, a bit sad because Triela was not happy about her win and Poor Pino and his friend they tried so hard to make him more like normal people
May 6, 2015 2:54 AM

Aug 2010
A very nice climax for the events that were built up through the season, Triela's and Pinocchio's duel was great and loved how it ended. I'm pretty sure Caterina died, surviving a headshot under those circumstances would be a very, very long shot. Franco and Cristiano could have gotten away, I wish we could have been given some closure on that one. Anyways, a very strong ending episode, wish more series would follow suit. 5/5.

While the second season is no doubt inferior to the first one (and it's not just the visual and audio changes), I very much enjoyed the presentation of the antagonist side, Pinocchio's death had a huge impact on me and I have a strong feeling of ambivalence. On the one hand I feel sorry for him because of his circumstances, but on the other hand, he was a hitman and the main antagonist of the season. A very fitting end to his life in a series like this, getting away would have been too cheap and would have destroyed any payoff of all that build-up established previously. Anyways, very, very satisfied on that front, bumped up my final score of the show to 7/10.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Episode 2 Discussion

cyruz - Jan 20, 2008

41 by freXampl »»
Jan 26, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Episode 10 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 19, 2008

27 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Dec 11, 2022 10:07 PM

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Episode 12 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 19, 2008

18 by bushman66 »»
Dec 11, 2022 5:47 PM

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Episode 11 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 19, 2008

16 by bushman66 »»
Dec 10, 2022 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Episode 9 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 18, 2008

19 by bushman66 »»
Dec 6, 2022 5:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.