Forums
New
Jun 12, 2011 8:24 PM

Dec 2008
Let's talk about them. c=
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 9, 2012 7:36 PM

Dec 2008
somebody needs to post something here cuz I'm looking for something to watch right now ^^
Mar 9, 2012 8:07 PM

May 2011
Which type of dramas do you like?

Mar 9, 2012 8:10 PM

Dec 2008
lovecoms (: but I'd be open to anything that is really good! Looking for something to cure my boredom.Oh & I haven't seen many of them at all.
Mar 9, 2012 8:14 PM

May 2011
Have you seen Protect the Boss? It's pretty funny, I didn't like that it dragged a bit near the end (maybe because it got a two episode extension), but other than that it was pretty good and some people didn't feel it dragged.

Do you have a list of the ones you've seen?

Mar 9, 2012 8:19 PM

Dec 2008
lol - the list would only be like 5 deep & sadly I don't remember the titles. If I didn't have MAL for anime I'd never remember what I watched. I'm pretty sure I haven't seen that one though. Thx for the rec! I love comedy. I'll look it up now.
[I just delivered your Highschool DxD card btw! I have a terrible memory - gomen.]
Mar 9, 2012 8:22 PM

May 2011
Jejeje...I know what you mean.I have a drama list and MAL without them I'd be lost.

Protect the Boss is from last year. It's pretty recent. And thanks.

Mar 9, 2012 8:27 PM

Dec 2008
yep looked it up - found a good streaming link - & nice it's korean - i need a drama list cuz i will get confused lol
Mar 9, 2012 8:34 PM

May 2011
I hope you like it.

I'm watching Episode 8 of Hungry! (Japanese) right now. I'm loving this one.

Mar 11, 2012 1:17 AM

May 2010
Can someone recommend me a mystery tv drama?
Mar 13, 2012 7:59 PM

Dec 2008
I just queued every Korean drama I've ever heard of (plus about 50 more on hulu lol). I can't say if they're good or not but I can give the few titles I've spotted if you're interested.
Mar 14, 2012 1:10 AM

May 2010
I am merely interested in thriller/mystery at the moment, so if you know one please tell me.
Mar 14, 2012 11:08 AM

Dec 2008
okay - I can only give you ones that mention a mystery & yea they're all k-dramas

mystery:
The Devil
Sign
Secret investigation Record
Eight Days Mystery of Jeongio assassination
Vampire Prosecutor (lol- but it is about a murder mystery)

maybe:
Spy Myung Wol
Crime Squad
The Moon Embracing the Sun
After the Banquet (film)
The Great Queen SeonDeok

thriller:
Possessed

good luck on your hunt
Mar 15, 2012 10:19 AM

May 2010
Thanks.
Mar 15, 2012 5:16 PM

Dec 2008
no prob ^_^ I'll eventually start the huge list I've queued & I'll let you know if I find a good one.
Mar 16, 2012 5:38 PM

Jan 2011
I've recently just started watching Asian Dramas.
So far I've watched Coffee Prince, Hana Kimi
and You're Beautiful.

I love You're Beautiful.
Mostly because her voice was just amazing.

I'm thinking of watching Liar Game next.
Mar 18, 2012 1:56 PM

Dec 2008
omg I started you're Beautiful & I can't stop watching it!! The guys are soooo cute& the show it so funny! tysm for sharing it here xDDD
I'm also watching Protect the Boss & My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox. Both are cute & comedic shows as well!
Mar 18, 2012 8:22 PM

May 2011
My friend bought me a copy of the You're Beautiful DvDs I watch them from time to time. I still love Shin Woo (YongHwa) <3.

@Bugsquasher... Maybe White Christmas? It only has 8 episodes, the first two are bit slow, but then it starts getting good. I watched it sometime at the end of last year.

Coffee Prince was my first drama, I've watched it three times and still love it. And I loved Liar Game. I only wish Nao, was a bit less Nao.
LisNoirMar 18, 2012 8:26 PM

Mar 19, 2012 1:53 PM

Dec 2008
I think Shin Woo is the cutest for sure ^_^ Wish he was in more dramas!!

OKAY~~~ I am looking for a show I started a long time ago. It is a high school comedy about a female teacher that tries to teach a bunch of delinquent kids. She of course gains their respect by getting the leader to acknowledge her. I've searched everywhere. It is kind of wacky. I think it is a japanese drama but I'm not sure. If this reminds anyone of any shows PLZ let me know!!!!
Mar 22, 2012 10:43 PM

Jan 2011
Agree. Shin Woo is the best of all of them!

@Ginger - Np. ^_^ Oh! How is Nine-Tailed Fox? I've saw it around at times, and thought I should give it a try. It looks like a fun romance show to watch!

@LisNoir - Lol, Nao will always be Nao. That's what make her Nao. xD She's the comic relief of Liar Game.

Oh, I don't know how I forgot this! The last drama I watched was Heartstrings. Just amazing! For some reason, it kind of reminded me of one of my favorite romance anime series, Itazura na Kiss. You guys should give it a try!

Ginger, that sounds like Gokusen! I only remember it, because the plot sounded interesting to me, so I wanted to read the manga...but for some reason I never did get to it. Probably forgot it lol. ^^ But I don't know if it has a drama...so it might not be this one. But thanks for getting me to remember this! lol.
Mar 23, 2012 9:20 PM

Dec 2008
Right after I wrote that I starting seeing Tae Kyung smile. My gawd I like him best now. Especially after looking up his pix on the net. I've even put him as my wallpaper. (:
You'll just have to forgive this traitor. xD

Nine-Tailed Fox is a fun romance. It's written by the same people who did You're Beautiful. It's got its flaws but it's worth a watch. I like both of the leads. They're a little quirky. It makes them both cute though and they look good together imo. The story drags a bit at the end. But, I like it nonetheless. I'm ep 15/16 now & I really want to know what happens.

And Yay! I think Gokusen is what I was looking for!! I'll have to watch it but it does seem very familiar. TYSM!! It's bugged me for a long time now. I got about halfway through it I think.
Mar 24, 2012 3:01 AM

May 2010
What is the best website for watching these series? I tried Hulu but it doesn't work outside the States.
Mar 24, 2012 8:52 AM

Dec 2008
i can't link to them bc it's not allowed on this site but you can go to dramafever dot com, mysoju dot com, or dramacrazy dot net - i rarely get on those sites though so i can't recommend which ones work the best
Feb 9, 2013 2:19 PM

Dec 2008
I'm so jealous of LisNoir for owning the You're Beautiful box set!

And, Gokusen was definitely it.

Anyway, I have to stay away from drama series right now until school break, but to hold me over I watched some yaoi films. Takumi-kun series is awesome. There are 5 films. You have to watch them all to get to the best ones (3 & 5). I miss the guys already. IF anyone has any recommendations that are similar to them PLEASE pass them along!! <3

Here's a vid I ran across that got me for a second. At least the title did! Yes it's yaoi too, kinda.

Would be great if it ever happened!!
Feb 13, 2013 1:58 PM

May 2011
I have only seen the Sekaiichi Hatsukoi anime. I still haven't watched the Junjou Romantica one, but I would totally watch a movie if it had one right now. I liked that fanmade trailer. Thanks for sharing it.

As for dramas I'm watching (all South Korean)

Horse Doctor (my current favorite)
Level 7 Civil Servant
Five Fingers
Hundred Years' Inheritance
Rascal Sons
Operation Proposal
Unexpected You
Flower Boy Next Door (Which I'm thinking of dropping. If I don't, I think I'll never be able to watch Yoon Shi Yoon in another drama.)

I finished The Great Seer last week. And I'm thinking of starting Iris 2 (without watching Iris) just because of Lee Joon <3.

Feb 14, 2013 6:20 PM

Dec 2008
I didn't know you liked yaoi stuff LisNoir! :3
Junjou Romantica is better than Sekaiichi Hatsukoi imo. It's success opened up the path for the latter. I think I'd die of heart failure trying to watch a Junjou Romantica live-action.
Mar 23, 2013 9:55 AM

Dec 2008
I recently watched Can We Get Married? & Lie to Me... mainly because of Sung Joon. I was pleasantly surprised with both. I give them 9/10. (don't think I've ever given any drama a 10 though)
Apr 3, 2013 10:14 AM

Dec 2008
The 2nd half of Lie to Me sucked imo. I ended up rating it a 7/10 bc of that.
Anyway, I just finished I'm Sorry, I Love You, the South Korean one. Although it was really, really sad, I thought I was very good. The actor/tresses were superb & it had such a different kind of ending than the usual.
Dec 22, 2013 12:31 PM

Dec 2008
I haven't been watching much anime, because I'm addicted to dramas. One of my favorites over the past few months is Rooftop Prince. It was really funny & sweet.

Another is the Master's Sun. It mixes romance, comedy, & horror, which was new to me as far as dramas go. It also one of the best actors ever in it: So Ji Sub. <3
Dec 24, 2013 4:35 PM

Dec 2010
gINGEr, you watch dramas? I did not know that... I think I may try out Master's Sun.
Dec 31, 2013 2:06 PM

Dec 2008
Feb 8, 2014 9:57 PM

May 2011
gINGEr said:
I didn't know you liked yaoi stuff LisNoir! :3
Junjou Romantica is better than Sekaiichi Hatsukoi imo. It's success opened up the path for the latter. I think I'd die of heart failure trying to watch a Junjou Romantica live-action.

Jajaja. I do! (This is sooo late)

The dramas you mentioned are not so memorable for me. My drama addict friends love a few of those. I just go "Meh". I also decided to pass on the Master's Sun. I do not like Gong Hyo Jin, there was no way I could watch another drama with her. Even if I did end up loving The Greatest Love. The drama seems to be very popular, but I'll just keep re-watching Chilling Romance, a Korean movie which mixes rom-com and horror. <3

I'm currently watching

Empress Ki, Man from the Stars, Miss Korea, Golden Rainbow, Inspiring Generation, Passionate Love, and a couple others.

Feb 17, 2014 11:28 AM

Dec 2008
I want to see Chilling Romance, definitely. I don't like Gong Hyo Jin much either. But, I can stand her at least. There's really only two actresses I just cannot put up with. They are the sisters from [url=http://mydramalist.com/korean-drama/50/cinderellas-sister]Cinderella's Sister. I really don't know how I made it through that show. Finishing it left some scars! Still... If I really like other actors or actresses (usually actors lol!) in the drama then I can deal with anything. That's how Master's Sun is. I could put up with anything to watch So Ji Sub.

Anyway ~ the only thing I'm watching right now is Gu Family Book cause it hasn't really hooked me. It's just watchable enough, but not disrupting the rest of my life. ^_^
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What's the name of that anime where... ?

gINGEr - Feb 20, 2013

13 by ianh16 »»
Mar 23, 2017 2:20 PM

» Anime that makes you think!

gINGEr - Jan 12, 2011

32 by Rhiannon-Senpai »»
May 31, 2015 7:37 AM

» So bad - it's good- titles

gINGEr - Jan 23, 2014

14 by oudkee »»
Jan 29, 2015 7:32 PM

» Your Top 10 Anime Favorites

gINGEr - Mar 2, 2013

19 by Kaji02 »»
Dec 29, 2014 7:06 PM

Sticky: » (Open) Offical Badges V.2

gINGEr - Apr 9, 2013

44 by Coranie »»
Nov 9, 2014 11:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.