Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 12, 2011 10:08 AM

Jan 2011
Finally, an episode which was as good as the first ep. Ep 2-10 have been really lacklustre.
Jun 12, 2011 10:08 AM

Nov 2009
Didn't liked to see Ko with a other girl but it was a nice scene and new part of the plot
Jun 12, 2011 10:51 AM
Apr 2011
Wow, that was actually a pretty nice episode.
I can't wait for the next.
Jun 12, 2011 11:01 AM

May 2010
And I think it's the best emotional episode so far.

That's all I can say.
Jun 12, 2011 11:13 AM

Apr 2010
Now i know why Ohana has flowers in her hair and why she has that name she is a hippie!!
And she is very stubborn trying to achieve her goals she should realize that some things are impossible tho and things don't always go the way you intend them to go.
It's rather obvious that someone is pulling strings here to make that new hotel stand out since the entire region got bad reviews.
I wonder if the issue can be resolved.

The relationship with Ko is rather interesting and he has a hard time with her mostly because she doesn't know her feelings herself and she is to stubborn to think about her feelings.
I wonder if she will ever realize what she means to him.
That last part seemed rather interesting with Minko and Tooru appearing there.
Jun 12, 2011 11:17 AM

Dec 2009
Best episode so far. Well one of the best.
Preview can be taken the wrong way.
Very very dramatic
Jun 12, 2011 11:24 AM

Nov 2007
am I supposed to feel sympathy for Ohana? I don't. Ohana must not have gotten her looks from her mother because her mother looks good, like real good. good episode though, more fun in Tokyo with her mother and Ko than cleaning the Inn.

err how the hell did Tooru and Minko find her at the end? why did they go all the way to Tokyo? Tokyo sure seems small.
her mother isn't the greatest parent, barely doing much then shipping her off to her grandmother. you'd think she would have let Ohana know she's living normally in Tokyo again. still being an immature brat trying to interfere with her mothers work.

the funniest part is telling Ko he should give the girl an honest answer when she ignored him and never answered him and was going to hide from him at his job. why does he even like her? still Ko goes to look for her and she runs away.

if anyone she ends up with Tooru, but I'm guessing nobody. she doesn't deserve Tooru or Ko.
Jun 12, 2011 11:51 AM

Jun 2008
One of the best more emotional eps till now.
I really felt sorry for Ko. I felt like crying just to see his face. He is still waiting for Ohana´s reply T_T

I felt so bad for Ohana. Her mom is really... well, no words.

And wow, Minko and Tooru came to get her 0_0

The preview of next ep left me worried because:
OrulyonJun 12, 2011 11:58 AM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jun 12, 2011 11:58 AM

Feb 2010
Yes..... Tohru appears at the end <333 I think it's time Ohana/Ko was over. He should be with the really cute chick he work with.

What's up w/next weeks preview?! Date?! Minko & Tohru?? 0_0
Jun 12, 2011 12:08 PM

Jul 2010
Orulyon said:
so, what i understood in the preview was that Ko will give up of Ohana

There is no way Kou will give up in next episode. as we are nowhere near the ending episodes yet. that preview is just to give lots of random ideas to viewers.
basic rule of romance series: keep playing with emotions till last episode.

it will be a big surprise if ohana refuse him in next episode and he get together with that megane-chan. that "see ya" in the end is probably on train station seeing her off. or something.
Jun 12, 2011 12:22 PM

Jul 2009
i don't know i think this the end of ko/ohana.
Jun 12, 2011 12:27 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
This ep was sad :( ..... rly hope that Ko and Ohana will be together.
Jun 12, 2011 12:30 PM

Aug 2008
For some reason, I can relate to Ohana. The world is a large, complicated, and an unfair place. Sometimes you're at fault for your shortcomings; other times, it's other people being assholes that led to your shortcomings. But most of the times, you're just not sure. And when that happens, you just want to first yell at everybody in the world, and then run away from everything. Paraphrasing Ohana's mother: welcome to puberty. I really enjoyed this episode, except when Ohana met Tohru and Minko. Like everyone else said, that's just too much of a coincidence.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jun 12, 2011 12:56 PM

Nov 2007
much better than last week, or any of the other episodes, i think. now last week's episode seems way too random & unnecessary after watching this episode LMFAO.

lots of hypocrisy from ohana though, which i hated, ( eg. she tells her mom that she hates how she kept on making decisions without consulting anyone about them first, while ohana's doing the exact same thing by leaving kissuiso on her own ) but seeing her in such a conflicted state made me feel really sorry for her. :[

oh, and i love ko. as always. o//////o
Jun 12, 2011 1:18 PM
May 2011
5/5 I loved this episode.

This episode is by far my favorite episode, I have got to say Ko-chan why didnt you try confessing to Ohana again? or do you like the other girl?! The end of the episode tears started rolling down my face it was a really touching ending when her friends finds her.
Jun 12, 2011 1:18 PM

Feb 2011
Amazing episode, just.. wow.
Kou and Ohana, please just have at least one unakward conversation together, instead of always parting when you're so close to each others. T-T
Jun 12, 2011 1:32 PM

Sep 2009
The best episode so far!! The BGM, the ED playing, OhanaXKo (---> maybe I want this to happen a bit..just a bit) moment!
I feel so bad for Ko. It must be hard to act all normal with Ohana after he confessed and on top she tries to keep it normal. Which isn't a bad thing as she wants her best friend back~ so complicated XD

Ohana's mom, must be tough handling her.
next episode, TooruXMiko??!!..wait I thought Minko understood that he has a crush on Ohana?
Edit: Ohana is really funny sometimes. Had some good laughs here and there.
Jun 12, 2011 1:34 PM
Dec 2010

Epic face is epic :D
Jun 12, 2011 1:40 PM

Aug 2009
WHAT KIND OF MOM IS THAT!!!!! -________________- I WANNA BEAT HER UP!!!

AND CAN THAT SLUT GET AWAY FROM KO???
Why was Ohana running away from him though??? V____V

Anyway, near the end when everything was going wrong I was telling my self "o gosh, whose gonna save her? ;___; It would be a miracle if Tooru came... but probably not"

Then when he showed up (with Minko), I was just YESSSS THANK GOD!!! ;____;

Fantastic episode!

I really do ship Ohana and Tooru! ;___;
But are Tooru and Minko having a date next ep? D;
Jun 12, 2011 1:40 PM

Jul 2009
A hilariously bad ep. Srsly, "Kissuiso is better than other inns"? Wake up girl, how the hell can you assume that other people don't work as hard, if not harder than you and your inn? It's another case of "LAWL my dad's dick is bigger than your dad's" case I guess...

I hate the way that anime portrays older people like dumb fools for giving sound advices and the young folks keep rebelling with their naive thinking yet get away from being fucked up in the rear like IRL thnx to "this being an anime thus NOT REALZ people". Her grandma was right, what's done is done; the review was published and it's too late to whine about it so the best course of action to take NOW is to prove to the remaining customers that the review was BS by giving them even better services. Yet Mrs. Hothead apparently thinks that the world must revolve around her feet so she ignored her grandma's advice and fucked up big time... at least for now because there's a good chance that teh plox armor will come up next ep to make her teh WINRAR while promoting such reckless behavior as the proper way to be successful in life and thereby offering an onanising chance for people with similarly 'innocent' thinking.

Other than that, it would be a nice slap across the face to all Tohru x Ohana fans, including me, if not for the fact that it was, lyk totally, obvious from last ep's preview... By shoujo standards, it's now teh oh-noez-mai-bf-cheated-on-me-with-some-4-eyes-gal-so-imma-cheat-back-on-him-by-pimping-a-hot-stud-in-proximity scenario. Orlly? Instead of clarifying romantic issues with Kou, she opted to make an Olympic dash to rival against miss Naoko Takahashi... Anyway, what little remains unclear is whether she will stick with that hot stud in proximity or not... How interesting ~

Besides the yawn-worthy teen romance, the doramatic tension in this ep is undeniably hilarious, especially when she saw a car approaching and ran like there's no tomorrow while BAAAAAAAAAAW-ing and to top it off with a "HALP MEH, Kou-chan!!!" LOL srsly... W.T.F? Before that, it was teh PHAIL hippie-role-playing... Hey, at least she got a bag full of sweets and chips from her performance so it's not that bad...*cough* I think *cough*... Like hell people care about your little tantrum, but realistically speaking, lots and lots of folks do have the same mindset with their shit-nobody-cares protests and stuffs...

Be expected to be teased with the geometric love next ep. YAY!

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jun 12, 2011 1:44 PM

Sep 2009
That definitely one of the best episodes by far. :U The beginning was a little bleh thought because what did she honestly expect would happen by going to find the editor or reviewer or whatever? The ending song really seemed to fit with the moment and I kind of felt bad for Ohana when she saw Ko with that one lady.

Next episode looks like it'll be epic though. The title of it and all that seem so teasing. Are Tohru and Minko going out on a date? o:
Jun 12, 2011 1:55 PM

Aug 2009
I have been replaying the ending song non-stop! What is it? X-X
Jun 12, 2011 2:07 PM

Sep 2009
Amaya-no-Hime said:
I think this is my favourite episode yet. Silly Ohana, always running away >:

I wonder what happened to the "undercover reporter" from episode 9? Strange that they suddenly made it Satsuki. I suppose the people that own the magazine are the same people that own the hotel, thus the fake reviews.

All the Ko/Ohana moments are just too sweet but I suppose the way this episode ended really sets up Minko/Ohana Tohru/Ohana since I'm guessing he was the one who decided they should go look for her.

The preview shows that Ohana isn't going to leave things unfinished with Ko so I'm hoping for a happy ending for that guy. I love him.

Totally agree with you. I don't like ko-chan saying 'bye' in the preview...
Jun 12, 2011 2:09 PM

Oct 2009
The ending scene was great, so emotional. One of the best episodes so far.
Jun 12, 2011 2:58 PM

Aug 2009
Yup, one of the best episodes. The last line of the episode gave me goosebumps... in a good way.
I think next episode will kill my hopes... Oh god, please, no.
Kou-chan ;A;
Jun 12, 2011 3:57 PM

Feb 2008
I can feel the story has just begin, Ohana is still unsure about her feeling to Ko.
She still want him to help her.
Ko doesn't seem to be happy to see Ohana, got a feeling that he is also unsure about his feeling I don't know.
Feel like I have seen such emoticon anime before.
I got a feeling there going to be a twists.

In previews:

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 12, 2011 4:44 PM

Jun 2009
Ohana couldnt' bear it in at last :'( tears got off. Pretty heavy emotions, and lol she was jealous at kou. So chances got up to her get feelings for him maybe?
Kou you damn'd *****pig. He should have run after her..

Jun 12, 2011 5:08 PM

Aug 2010
Beautiful episode full of emotions, it actually made me shed a tear or two
Ohana must have had a hard time living with her mom looks like an awful parent to me, then meeting with Kou and finding about this girl and remembering Kou's confession really led her to finally break..

I might heard Ohana asking Tohru if he had a girlfriend in the preview?!?!? can't be so sure but I literally jumped of my seat when i heard those words! Then Kou's goodbye...sounds like next episode is gonna be epic cant wait!
Jun 12, 2011 5:19 PM

Oct 2010
Man this episode T_T @ Ohana but strangely it took till the following part,

to tear up a little. I don't know why but the fact that Ohana is approached by pieces of shit that just want sex, got her bag torn due to the rain wetting it and rammed into the poll that did quite number on her nose got me really down but it was really the point of such a a down that it took Minko/Tooru as saviors of Ohana to save her and seeing her cry made that much worse. Strangely her 2 other instances and 1 flashback did not do the job.

The other thing that totally got my heart pumping of perhaps rage but frustrations of Ohana perceives it is her meeting with Kou in the following,

that was nice but what happens before it totally, “Life's not fair” quite simply what follows in the spoiler
I really felt like saying “GTFO off from Kou you glass girl that is chicken.” I mean if she was afraid of Ohana hiding behind a sign just due to the fact she got some books down and was strange, is kind of pitiful for a girl. Kou would have to 100% protect her a lot but with Ohana's attitude she is no chicken shit like that glass girl. BTW, WTF was written exactly on that sign? horriblesubs are terrible sometimes. So Ohana's reaction to that glass clinging girl was obvious a sense of jealousy of more worried reaction. Although I adored her blush with Kou in the spoiler
that was nice. Got to admit I ROFL at Ohana mixing Coke with ice tea. That still does not beat what Run did in A-Channel as a drink mix “Carbonic Acid!” At least Kou's smile was great to see! However when Ohana was saying that it was bad not to reply to her feelings, I am so “Look who is talking Ohana! Look who is talking that never replied to Kou's feelings” * slight rage *

In the end Ohana not only failed at confessing a “I love you too Kou” (damn it! Damn it!) but upon touching Kou's hand just a little she along with him
back away from each other? WTF is wrong with you Ohana, girl? I totally understand the shy/other factors but come on! Disappointing considering that right after she ran away so fast that Kou almost got run over by car and Ohana being all depressed did not help the mood at all but it did help to show her shoes match up quite well to her flowers. All in all Ohana needs to bitch slap that woman and tell her Kou confessed to me and I love him. Now GTFO from him. Yeah that would be nice drama!

This the rest I though about of this episode.
About the beginning, the start of the episode was a little strange the whole hot spring magazine thing, I though I was going to see a “Where do we go for our vacation hot spring” kind of thing and Ohana looked pretty serious about it. That is until she got embarassed about doing this and left it to Minko, which I liked the expression she gave out. Then I kind of figured out that Ohana not being too content and all these ratings meant it had to do with the inn ratings but it took sometime to wonder what the heck is going on exactly. So there is a big meeting and it's obvious that Tooru totally lost his patience for all this. So much Ren had to calm him down. Damn, looks bad already. It kind of was obvious that Ohana would get hanged up in calling the editor because that's how it works out in Japan to minimize the death threat problem due to some rages of some ratings. So I see what is the problem in the spoiler
a major big hotel starting up. I liked the way Ohana was being shown listening to the whole conference but it got better as Yuina sneaked up on her while Ohana had these eyes. Loved how Ohana was surprised by Yuina. Precious expression so to speak and so this what one thing of the festival looks like although it was nicer to see Yuina's heels.

Loved how Yuina puts her hands together and Ohana's expression in reply towards that with Yuina's surprised face in the spoiler
You got to love
Ohana's determination face while she lifts up to “Fest it up!” while Yuina has a great expression on her face towards Ohana's enthusiasm. Oh my, such nice fan service of Ohana in the spoiler
one good thing about it is that it's nicely concealed
and loved Ohana's expression with the way her eyes are here. The novelist was sure funny with his “Yeah OK” expression here while reading out the note left by Ohana.

About Ohana's visit to Tokyo, well it had a rather funny start with that old person almost leaning towards Ohana as he was dead tired most likely from the drinking and the city design is nicely realistic. Loved all of the segment of Ohana's angry expression scaring off the guy from the magazine place but also getting in his face with those eyes of Ohana and getting him more afraid in the spoiler
and you got to love her expression while breathing on the contact card of the editor calling her “ Spawn of the devil” now that was nice. Loved seeing Satsuki greeting Ohana while waving with her hand. Nice Satsuki hugging Ohana and playing with her face making it very funny. That still did not stop Ohana's angry face. What is really good is Ohana grabbing bother of her mother's hands in being angry for the magazine review. It showed how serious her anger is towards that review. I had no idea Satsuki smoked in the spoiler
but her expressions were so much cooler with that smoke and she looked here so much like her mother when she younger. You can see the similarity easily. So in the end Ohana crying was sad but it was more frustrating not being able to see her resolve the matter and running away. The thing Ohana fails IMO is at understanding the circumstances of her mom not wanting to lose the job that she has now and before that raised her daughter. It's obvious that it means some pride to her. As she most likely worked her ass off to support Ohana during those hard times.

Failing to understand that and being ignorant of all but “Change your review now” is not smart nor mature. You have to take into consideration all things involved in it and certainly Satsuki will not involve Ohana in all this. So Ohana's revenge in all this is wasting money on sign material to make it and have them right in front of Satsuki's working place. Now that is way immature as Ohana's message will certainly not be hear but still the restaurant she was at is a obvious reference to McDonald and while there she was kind of jealous of other couples while thinking about Kou so all this love does bother her in the end. Satsuki's shape looks so good when she is wearing her red long sleeve shirt that it's incredible. MILF? Most certainly. To me the face that most affected me emotionally of Ohana is in the spoiler
that flashback was amazingly emotional since it's a memory that Ohana still remembers to the mother's surprise. I did like that Ohana tried reaching Kou when things were going bad. It just showed she still relies on Kou. Finally Ohana's mother is sure nice to have brought food for her daughter while she was being trenched by the rain in the spoiler
and her 2nd cry was starting to get depressive TBH. I think all this segment with her mom did make Ohana realize that her friends and the inn are far better supportive. Despite her mom trying to patch up some failed supporting.

About the preview, it leaves me e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y worried. This is due to Ohana speaking with her rival in love. I might think some lies and exaggeration may lead to Ohana on the phone here. At least there may be MINKO x TOORU!This is due to here being a possible thing to happen. I hope! Go Tooru x Minko!
Yumekichi11Jun 12, 2011 6:56 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 12, 2011 5:28 PM
Dec 2007
Ohana was awesome once again this episode. Still, Tokyo seemed to strongly reject her, she should remain in Kissuiso ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 12, 2011 5:31 PM
May 2011
This might be my favourite episode. I'm glad its as good as its ever been, that's for sure.

Ko has grown as a character. Now it's Ohana doing the running away. Still, I wish them the best. They make a cute couple.

Ohana's protesting was quite entertaining. Now, if only there was more Nakochi, this would be a perfect episode.
Jun 12, 2011 5:34 PM

Jun 2009
Ko seemed gigantic in this episode XD
Jun 12, 2011 5:35 PM

Jul 2008
Ohana: "I've never been moved in so many ways in one day before."

And I've never been moved by an anime in so many ways before either. This anime is just amazing, Ohana is amazing, I felt her pain and nearly cried the whole episode. The way she kept everything inside like that for all those years really hit home.

I honestly don't know what people like about Ko.. I find him to be a very bland character and he's indecisive about everything. Also that girl with the glasses did nothing wrong, she likes Ko and shows it, even when Ko didn't answer to her feelings and she's really shy. If Ko really loves Ohana, he's doing a very poor job of doing something about it.

After this episode, I will most likely never change my 10/10 rating.
KruxiaJun 12, 2011 5:43 PM
mcc badge

Toph: "Even though I was born blind, I've never had any problems seeing."
Jun 12, 2011 5:36 PM

Oct 2010
ArcticMech said:
What's interesting is that Ohana's mother didn't seem the least bit conflicted or troubled by having to write the fake review.
That's because she knows better if she let her emotions get in the way of her job she would lose by doing stupid objections towards her boss. Most likely he is associated with that project and Ohana's mother knows very well opposition = to no more job.
Tsuki-Hime said:
Ohana was too damn rude to not give an answer and runaway again when she remembered Kou confession.
Yeah, that's true but I don't think that makes her as chicken as the glass girl being afraid so easily. Ohana has a major conflict inside and the worse is that she can bottle it up quite easily just like many of things she could bottle up since grade school.
Aversa said:
It's rather obvious that someone is pulling strings here to make that new hotel stand out since the entire region got bad reviews. I wonder if the issue can be resolved.
Exactly my friend in regards to what I was thinking about this. The boss of Ohana's mom is being paid to promote that hotel and resolve? Not unless you collapse the whole project. Like Ohana would say "Fest it up!" is what should be done. I see only possible if all the inns join forces from that area.
mystik said:
her mother isn't the greatest parent, barely doing much then shipping her off to her grandmother.
Sorry can't agree with you here. Ohana's mom has a big heart to do this because Ohana would have been not only mixed up in debts but also in that break up her mom was talking about.
Lulexiaa said:
AND CAN THAT SLUT GET AWAY FROM KO???
Yes please make her so, slap her or just scare her away. I would so try to do something IRL if I could for Kou, damn I still helped out 2 couples so got to be proud of that at least.
BitchMaster said:
Her grandma was right, what's done is done; the review was published and it's too late to whine about it so the best course of action to take NOW is to prove to the remaining customers that the review was BS by giving them even better services. Yet Mrs. Hothead apparently thinks that the world must revolve around her feet so she ignored her grandma's advice and fucked up big time
I agree with that, Ohana going all "Fest up" was not good. Haste makes waste, need I mention that that haste made a total waste of Ohana emotionally draining her apart from giving her all bad luck.
BitchMaster said:
Other than that, it would be a nice slap across the face to all Tohru x Ohana fans, including me, if not for the fact that it was, lyk totally, obvious from last ep's preview... By shoujo standards, it's now teh oh-noez-mai-bf-cheated-on-me-with-some-4-eyes-gal-so-imma-cheat-back-on-him-by-pimping-a-hot-stud-in-proximity scenario. Orlly? Instead of clarifying romantic issues with Kou, she opted to make an Olympic dash to rival against miss Naoko Takahashi... Anyway, what little remains unclear is whether she will stick with that hot stud in proximity or not... How interesting ~
^Oh ROFL! That made my day! Thanks for cheering me up with comment Bitchmaster, gladly appreciated.

Jun 12, 2011 5:45 PM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
About the preview, it leaves me e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y worried. This is due to Ohana speaking with her rival in love. I might think some lies and exaggeration may lead to Ohana on the phone here. At least there may be MINKO x TOORU!This is due to here being a possible thing to happen. I hope! Go Tooru x Minko! Maybe more later.

What i think is Ko is not giving up on Ohana in next episode, that goodbye is probably seeing her off BUT i have a feeling that there won't be a good ending for Ko with Ohana. you know japanese writers have problem with friends. so we might see another friend zoned here. (:

About Tooru x Minko date. i think that is not going to be a date exactly. maybe in the way, they were doing some shopping for Kissuisu or something and Minko thought this is just like a date.
Jun 12, 2011 6:46 PM

Nov 2010
damn i really didnt expect this series to be this good. it was nice too see Ohana showing some jealousy and some more serious feelings toward Kou. im still hoping they end up together, and i hope Tooru and Minko end up together too. thats it, im bumping it up to a 10 now, hopefully my opinion wont change by the end of the series. so glad its going for 26 eps, id be pissed if it ended too soon.
Hokuto_no_FuzzJun 12, 2011 6:53 PM
Jun 12, 2011 6:55 PM

Jan 2011
when she started to run i got all sadface and to top it all off they changed the ending song which made it even sadder :(, by far one of the best episodes so far.
PS forgot what episode that girl ko works with came up in but i knew she was gonna be a problem!.
Jun 12, 2011 6:59 PM

Oct 2010
Tsuki-Hime said:
Yumekichi11 said:
About the preview, it leaves me e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y worried. This is due to Ohana speaking with her rival in love. I might think some lies and exaggeration may lead to Ohana on the phone here. At least there may be MINKO x TOORU!This is due to here being a possible thing to happen. I hope! Go Tooru x Minko! Maybe more later.

What i think is Ko is not giving up on Ohana in next episode, that goodbye is probably seeing her off BUT i have a feeling that there won't be a good ending for Ko with Ohana. you know japanese writers have problem with friends. so we might see another friend zoned here. (:
That's what I am afraid of. We all want the best for Minko and Ohana but like many mentioned and so did I, life is not fair and things do not turn out. At least it will be fun to rage here at x people responsible for the anime and x characters faults.
Tsuki-Hime said:
About Tooru x Minko date. i think that is not going to be a date exactly. maybe in the way, they were doing some shopping for Kissuisu or something and Minko thought this is just like a date.
Yeah I know but it's still nice to see as a date and most of all Minko/Tooru alone. Awwwwwww, me like it.

Jun 12, 2011 7:17 PM

Oct 2010
I'd like to know which of the higher up's telling Ohana's mom to write that crazy review about Kissuisu. Sure, the service quality may not have been that consistent due to Ohana moving in and all but I don't think it'd be that bad.

So finally we get a Ohana / Ko moment, and it just HAD to be this awkward instead of a decent one. And I'm not pleased at how Ohana just runs away from Ko-chan after realizing she is a hypocrite about "Not saying your feelings clearly." I mean why not just confess to him right there!!

I'm so afraid this is leaning towards an Ohana/Tohru ending.

Yumekichi11 said:
BTW, WTF was written exactly on that sign?
It says "Wake up." I think they've already translated it though. But they should've put it directly on top of the sign because viewers won't know which sign it's for if they just put it to the side of the screen like that..

LeRealJun 12, 2011 7:39 PM
Jun 12, 2011 7:24 PM

Jul 2008
I don't really feel bad for Ohana about the other girl. She never gave Ko a proper response to his confession, and six months have passed. And she moved away. I think that is ample time for him to move on.
Jun 12, 2011 7:31 PM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
I really felt like saying “GTFO off from Kou you glass girl that is chicken.” I mean if she was afraid of Ohana hiding behind a sign just due to the fact she got some books down and was strange, is kind of pitiful for a girl. Kou would have to 100% protect her a lot but with Ohana's attitude she is no chicken shit like that glass girl. BTW, WTF was written exactly on that sign? horriblesubs are terrible sometimes. So Ohana's reaction to that glass clinging girl was obvious a sense of jealousy of more worried reaction.

Maybe you're right and she was afraid but I thought that re-action was to show ohana about her feelings for Kou. maybe when she confessed to kou, she realized that he like someone else. also when Ohana dropped books, she was normal but when kou called her by name, glasses girl re-action changed a little bit and then she asked who is she while holding his shirt. maybe she thought that's the girl kou likes, so thats why she started clinging to him. a shoujo reaction. "he's mine, so back off". otherwise there was no reason to hold his shirt.

Yumekichi11 said:
Tsuki-Hime said:
Yeah I know but it's still nice to see as a date and most of all Minko/Tooru alone. Awwwwwww, me like it.

yup, it will be nice if minko x tooru happen in the end and kou deserve a good answer from ohana. (even though i almost given up)
Jun 12, 2011 7:40 PM

Sep 2008
The most entertaining part of the episode was watching that girl with the red umbrella wait for her loser boyfriend that made her wait out in the rain.
Why the fuck did Ohana yell out Ko's name though, it would make sense it if was Tooru instead.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2011 7:44 PM

Nov 2010
GarLogan78 said:
I don't really feel bad for Ohana about the other girl. She never gave Ko a proper response to his confession, and six months have passed. And she moved away. I think that is ample time for him to move on.

well i cant really blame him, if i ever met a girl like Ohana in real life and she wasnt already taken, id probably fall in love with her too. When a girl that i really like ends up with someone else, i cant help but get depressed and only then is when I eventually move on.

edit- i guess moving away can be a factor, but it depends on the distance/how amazing i think the girl is. but i cant really tell how far away they are from each other. but since his job is only 1 train station away from her, im assuming they cant be that far apart.
Hokuto_no_FuzzJun 12, 2011 7:52 PM
Jun 12, 2011 7:57 PM

May 2011
I'm not sure why everyone is hating on glasses girl, Namiko. She's sincere, straightforward, and honestly likes Ko and wasn't afraid to confess to him. Ohana is the enemy to her own self. She's the knucklehead who keeps running away, misunderstanding things, and even being a bit hypocritical. She even realized her hypocrisy when Ko talked about Namiko's confession and how he handled it. It made her run away from him, AGAIN.

The glasses girl, Namiko, wouldn't even be in the picture if it wasn't for Ohana's own actions. She has had Ko's heart this whole time. She's been throwing it away. She's still giving it away. In the end she will most likely give her blessing to a Namiko and Ko relationship.

Well, Ohana's mom is total trash. The fact that she's been a complete tool raising Ohana is one thing. The fact that she would be willing to write a hit piece on her own mother's establishment, because the bosses told her to, is another. She has no f`ing honor whatsoever. I can't figure out how she turned out like that. How can she sleep at night?! I know her and her mom might have had their issues in the past, but that's just F`ing low.

It makes me wonder who the old lady and laptop daughter were from the previous episode. Was she a scout for the "new hotels"? My hope is that she's an investigative journalist of some sort that might blow smear campaign reviews out of the water by exposing the dishonorable practices at the magazine. I sure hope that somehow this situation gets straightened out with some huge egg on some faces.

I think these last two episodes all point to a moving on away from Ko and towards Kissuiso. The ending scene in last week's and this week's both give that same impression. being saved by Tohru and Minko after calling out for Ko to save her? yeah that's a big symbolic moment right there.

I see similarities to Mari Okada's Toradora anime and Hanasaku Iroha.....

BTW, If Mari Okada isn't married, Someone needs to go over there seduce her and marry her for our sake. Her animes are so damn good. But they always leave a wake of poor sad pathetic girls who's hearts are broken by stupid knucklehead male protagonists. Sure that's how most animes are. But the way she does it with the storytelling just depresses you immensely.

I loved the episode, but i don't get some people saying "best of year" it's definitely top 20ish though. The biggest deterrent for me is how far fetched the plot has become. How of all people did Ohana's mom get picked as the one who wrote those reviews. How in the world did Tohru and Minko find Ohana in Tokyo?! Have you looked at satellite images of Tokyo? IT's F`ing HUGE!! How the heck did Ko find Ohana after she ran out of the book store?!? Again, TOKYO IS HUGE!
CirrisJun 12, 2011 8:07 PM
Jun 12, 2011 8:05 PM

Jun 2010
For a day in Tokyo, that's one horrible day. Learning so many things that you did not want to know in one day. Next episode should be interesting.

Jun 12, 2011 8:07 PM
Nov 2010
Not really sure where to start with this episode. I really liked it, great episode. I know a big part of this story is Ohana and how her new experiences are changing her perspective as she grows. What kills me is that

Also, I can't see the Tohru/Ohana thing happening. As conflicted as she has been the past 6 months about Ko (as seen through numerous attempts to message him) I can't see how she could just jump into a new relationship with Tohru that fast.

I think Ohana likes Ko as more than a friend but isn't ready to consider him boyfriend material (or something like that); we know Ko likes Ohana but I think he knows that if he pushes his feelings on her it will just push them apart as friends. If time and inaction causes them to drift apart then that's a big loss but it would be deserved by both sides for not doing anything.

Anyway, Ko/Ohana may still happen but I can't see Tohru/Ohana unless they REALLY stretched the time in the last half of the anime. Otherwise their relationship would just seem cheap to me.

I think we can all agree that most of this won't be cleared up until episode 23 or 24, maybe in the last 5 minutes of ep. 24.
Jun 12, 2011 8:16 PM

Jul 2010
I cried a lot.
Jun 12, 2011 8:31 PM
Apr 2011
Very emotional episode T_T
Jun 12, 2011 9:07 PM
Dec 2008
very good episode
sigh hope it all works out for ohana

yes yes she didnt properly give reply to ko but i feel like girls who arent very experienced in love these days seem to be similar. seemed like ko still liked ohana which i thought was good of him to hang on to his love

this is why long distance relationships suck
Jun 12, 2011 9:23 PM

Apr 2009
Guess Kou will be out of the running soon. :/
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

metalsnakezero - Apr 17, 2011

256 by kirA_-_ »»
Yesterday, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2011

327 by SlammyHammy »»
Jan 31, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.