Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 10, 2011 5:44 PM
Aug 2009
i just have to get some feed back on this this been eaten at me tell me if there is holes in my theory.

I can’t believe this theory hasn’t came up yet. What if Menma wanted ever one to come to the secret base without Jinta, because she got a understanding of everyone feeling you know about who like who. So she thought she should get it out in the open that the one she likes is really Poppo, and she didn’t know how to tell jinta yet. Menma may not be bright, but she"s caring and caring people usually put and understand other people feeling first, but she hid her own for so long she had to let it out, and that’s also the reason she can’t move on cause she think Jinta has the right to know, for he can move on with his life and get everything he need to say off his chest.
Jun 10, 2011 5:52 PM
Apr 2011
I'm not so sure on the Poppo idea, I think he's more just the comic relief of the group - and did his part already having been the earliest believer of Jintan.

I personally can't say that I think Memna likes anyone in the group; though her connection to Jintan is closer than anyone else from what we have seen (because he is the lead character).
Jun 10, 2011 5:56 PM

Apr 2011
That could be how this wraps up. But isn't Menma an idiot air head? Does she really know who likes who? And then also why is she only visible to Jinta and not the rest of the group.

That's possible, but I think they'll do something else.
Jun 11, 2011 7:13 AM
Sep 2010
Honestly after Poppo's weird ass moment in the last episode, if Menma was actually in love with him instead of Jintan I would shit my fucking pants
Jun 11, 2011 1:05 PM

Dec 2009
I do not think that Menma was really aware of every one feelings, as she seems somehow surprised when Yukiatsu offered her the earthquake flower hair clip.

I think that Jinta's mother knew she was about to die, so in the short flashback when we see her speaking to Menma, I think she asks Menma to take care of Jintan once she would be gone. And that is why Jinta was not invited at this secret meeting, because Meiko wanted some advice on how to handle such bad news without hurting Jinta. This could also explain her reaction when Jinta told she was ugly, she smiled to protect him.

So basically, there is no Menma's wish, the wish is the one of Jinta's mother, that Menma could not realise as she died too. I think there is a strong relation between Menma (as a ghost) and Tôko (Jinta's mother), which may be the reason why only Jintan is able to see Menma so far.

Just some random thoughts.

And many questions remain :
- why does Tsuruko have the hair clip ?
- What do they feel guilty of ? It seems something more than loosing a friend in an accident. We know the reason for some personnal guilts (Yukiatsu and Naruko), but they sometime refer to their need to be forgiven, meaning the whole group as I am not sure that Yukiatsu has told his confession to anyone, except maybe to Chiriko.
- What did Jinta's mom told to Menma in the hospital ?
- How could Poppo go to so many places as he is only 16 or 17 yo ?
- What did Jinta ask to Meiko's brother when they meet at night in the park ?
- Is there a flower ?
Jun 11, 2011 2:12 PM
Aug 2009
Wow i like that theory too, and there's is a whole lot more question that needed answers. It"s hard to imagine them warping this up in thee episodes my theory began when Poppo ask Menma if she liked, and didn't finish what he was going to say i mean if he said Jinta that would be way to obvious.
Jun 11, 2011 3:39 PM

Jul 2008
Sith_Vicious said:

And many questions remain :
- What do they feel guilty of ? It seems something more than loosing a friend in an accident. We know the reason for some personnal guilts (Yukiatsu and Naruko), but they sometime refer to their need to be forgiven, meaning the whole group as I am not sure that Yukiatsu has told his confession to anyone, except maybe to Chiriko.
- What did Jinta's mom told to Menma in the hospital ?
- What did Jinta ask to Meiko's brother when they meet at night in the park ?
- Is there a flower ?

A lot of those are bugging me too, and I wonder if we will get them answered in the two episodes left.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1236 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

387 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

422 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2011

230 by NillyPC »»
Yesterday, 5:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.