Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 10, 2011 2:11 PM
Jul 2009
well for all Higurashi fans, here look at this

http://www.oyashirosama.com/web/

if you have seen it. the new ova poster looks like they will make higurashi some sort of magical shoujo stuff.
Higurashi is not something that needs this kind of thing.
please dont screw a good story content like higurashi with this.

I really hope this is not true
Jun 10, 2011 2:19 PM
May 2009
wtf is this shit
Jun 12, 2011 8:40 AM

Jan 2009
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... I can't believe my eyes !!! What the HELL is this !?
Jun 12, 2011 9:12 AM

Sep 2009
I thought it was obvious this was going to be a fanservice OVA.
Jun 12, 2011 1:38 PM

Jun 2010
It just gets harder and harder not to bash something you haven't seen yet.
Jun 12, 2011 1:42 PM

Nov 2008
those are Irie's cosplay costumes XDD He might've made Rika and Satoko wear them XDD

The story is over so what do you expect to see in the OVA? help me lord...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jun 12, 2011 10:09 PM

Feb 2008
I'm pretty excited for this. Anyone else watched the 2nd PV?
Here's a link http://www.saiani.net/article/209528142.html

PS: You might have to use Internet Explorer if video isn't appearing.
Jun 13, 2011 8:04 AM

Aug 2009
lol at fanboys/girls' tears. It funny how they expected a story-driven OVA when the title's name is "Kira" which means something along the lines of "Dazzle" or "Sparkly". Use your brain.

I'm looking forward to this. I like Higurashi's comedy.
Jun 26, 2011 7:55 PM
Apr 2011
Well, it's only 4 OVA's and they've exhausted all of the real plot by now, they can't just go adding more stuff to the plot. So it figures it would be a lot more comedic/slice of life.

If it's anything like the 5th episode in Higurashi Rei, I suppose it can't be that bad. It won't get a rating as high as Higurashi's previous seasons, in my opinion, but won't be terrible. I think it could effectively use the horror elements as comedy. For example, Rena in Rei's 5th episode, shouting uso da, which was originally pretty horrific, used comedically.

Meh.
Jun 27, 2011 7:02 AM

Sep 2008
Oh YAY...another pointless destined-to-suck filler OVA to milk the franchise! Can't wait!
Jun 27, 2011 8:07 AM
Oct 2009
Lemonaded said:
I thought it was obvious this was going to be a fanservice OVA.

Same here, the anime has ran it's course.
Jul 5, 2011 6:42 PM

Jan 2009
Oooh! Oooh!
If it will be like the School Days OVAs, then I'm so excited xD Nothing's funnier than a parody of a psycho-thriller anime... <3
Jul 13, 2011 1:36 PM

May 2011
I actually kinda enjoyed the previous OVA, it was like a reward for the fans. At least for once we saw the characters happily spending time with each other, without having to fear "Oyashiro-sama" or the Yamainu. However, there were moments when I though "okey, now they're taking it a bit too far" like when Keiichi was fantasising about Rika or when Rena was constantly thinking about Keiichi's genitalia (WTF).

Summing up, if they manage to keep this OVA similar to Rei then I'll watch it and most likely enjoy it but if they overdose on fanservice and cheap cleavage shots then I'm outta here.
SimonianJul 13, 2011 1:40 PM
"The feels man, the feels..."
Jul 13, 2011 1:41 PM
May 2011
is anyone going to just freaking say it

THEIR MILKING IT, i never liked higurashi in the start but that doesnt mena i dont se ehow obvious this is, the story wrapped up the last season, the ova's were forgivable but not the other 1 and now this,
Jul 17, 2011 10:32 AM

Oct 2009
Regardless, I'm looking forward to this!
Moar Rena! 8D
Jul 20, 2011 11:22 AM

Jun 2008
This looks like shit
Jul 21, 2011 6:39 PM

Nov 2008
You guys are being idiots.

Shit, at least Higurashi IS getting new material. At least you'll get to see you favorite (if they are you favorite) characters again. Be thankful for what you get and stop criticizing.

I'm not saying I don't love the original story with everyone killing and dying, but shut the fuck up and enjoy what you get. Murder anime aren't popular to begin with (and as much as I love them) they're not going to get much attention when the center of everything right now is moe.
Jul 21, 2011 6:44 PM

Dec 2010
Read the fucking VN
Jul 22, 2011 11:18 AM

Aug 2009
You're all a bunch of whiny assholes. You don't have to watch this. But you will, because you all like Higurashi, and you're going to watch whatever shit they feed you. You can complain all you want, but the fact that you'll watch it means that it'll get sales. Also meaning that they'll think that this is what the fans want, bringing even more moe into your anime.

So have fun with your little complaints and bitching while they keep feeding the industry with the same thing over and over again.
Jul 22, 2011 2:17 PM
Dec 2007
ycart59 said:
You're all a bunch of whiny assholes. You don't have to watch this. But you will, because you all like Higurashi, and you're going to watch whatever shit they feed you. You can complain all you want, but the fact that you'll watch it means that it'll get sales. Also meaning that they'll think that this is what the fans want, bringing even more moe into your anime.

So have fun with your little complaints and bitching while they keep feeding the industry with the same thing over and over again.
Have fun stroking you e-peen while increasing your post count at the same time.

Jul 22, 2011 6:11 PM

Jun 2009
I am excited regardless of what shows up. Higurashi is one of my favorites so, I will take whatever they decide to make it.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jul 23, 2011 3:00 PM

May 2008
First I was horrified of these news, but after seeing the opening I thought I will give it a try, even though it is not like the original Higurashi ^__^ Might just try it as an entertaining sidedish :P

Happy! Lucky! Dochy! Yes yes yes!
Jul 26, 2011 2:57 AM

Apr 2010
TH-Chen said:
I really hope this is not true

I'll say it in red! This is the truth!
AHAHAHA.wav!
Jul 26, 2011 5:29 AM

Jun 2008
I'll pay for more of this

Advise:
Watch this as a funny comedic series, without expecting any murderous plot.

Hypnotize yourself that the 1st and 2nd season never existed and watched this purely for the lulz.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 27, 2011 9:56 AM

Nov 2009
After watching it, I was thoroughly NOT entertained. I'm all for parodies. However, I honestly thought they could have made an existing arc that wasn't animated. That would have been more satisfying. I don't generally drop anime, so I'm sure I'll finish it.

@Kaimax: I'm sure I'll do the opposite and pretend this OVA never happened instead.

@ThatIrritatingPersonIDidn'tLookAtTheNameOf: I think I speak for a lot of people on this site when I say many of us download, stream, or borrow anime for free. I buy the ones that are actually worth paying for. The original Higurashi, Kai, and Rei: Worth it. Kira: Not worth it (so far). So no. They are not getting my money. It's a little silly to think that fansubs are earning the company money.

Let's wait and see though. Maybe it'll have something worthwhile. Rei started out great, but went downhill (for me) in the last episode. Maybe Kira will pick up and get magically good. Maybe.
Jul 27, 2011 6:57 PM

Jun 2008
bossfox said:
@Kaimax: I'm sure I'll do the opposite and pretend this OVA never happened instead.

Yeah, that's one alternative. At least you're still better than those ones who thinks that this ruins the whole "story". It's not even related to the main story...

the fanrage
Is like booing someone who's trying to be a comedian when people e3xpected him to kill somebody.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 28, 2011 3:35 AM

May 2011
kaimax said:

the fanrage
Is like booing someone who's trying to be a comedian when people e3xpected him to kill somebody.

Yeah well it's hard to expect a killer to suddenly change into a peace-loving comedian. Your logic is flawed. It's like expecting al-quida to suddenly donate to the British Heart foundation. It just doesn't make any fucking sense.

Higurashi started out as a myster/horror anime so why change it so drastically? Would you like it if Japan suddenly changed its language to Russian? No, nobody would expect that and no one would be happy with the change (except Russians I suppose). It's the same with Higurashi. They're fucking the series up in the worst imaginable way.
Jul 30, 2011 10:36 PM

Feb 2010
Ooo right loli fanservice, about time~been waiting for years for this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2011 10:44 PM

Feb 2010
Hmm just watched the PV and all I gotta say is wtf? What happen to their faces and I didn't expect the fanservice to go that far compare to their pool episode in rei. That Rena~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 1, 2011 10:59 AM

Nov 2009
Simonian said:

Higurashi started out as a myster/horror anime so why change it so drastically? Would you like it if Japan suddenly changed its language to Russian? No, nobody would expect that and no one would be happy with the change (except Russians I suppose). It's the same with Higurashi. They're fucking the series up in the worst imaginable way.

I understand this to a degree. Yes, it's a little screwy, and yes, this OVA just feels wrong so far. However, we aren't talking about something so drastic as a country changing a language. We are talking about an anime. It really is not the end of the world if this is what they want to make. Remember::: IT IS A PARODY. That means this OVA is not meant to be taken seriously.

In spite of this, though, I don't even like the way they parodied Higurashi at all. Did anyone else find it creepy that a bunch of 20-50-something year old men (who really knows how old they are?) wanted to watch Rika smoosh her butt on a window? Pedo-romance is a guilty pleasure for me (Kodomo no Jikan ftw), but this one creeped me out. And to be honest, watching everyone sit around imagining perverted things was...boring. I guess some people are into that though. ^_^;
Aug 4, 2011 3:27 AM

Mar 2010
Yes this will be brilliant I know it~!C8
Lol, what is with all these bitchy cry babies? It's something NEW from Higurashi, be grateful you idiots. It's a PARODY OVA!! If you don't understand that, you're just stupid.ヽ(´ー`)ノ
If you don't like it, leave the fandom, although it seems some of you are already whining that you will.
Sure, go ahead and bitch, I love this concept/idea; I can't wait~(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Fishcaek-ChanAug 4, 2011 3:30 AM

Aug 4, 2011 11:12 AM

Jun 2010
Fishcaek-Chan said:
Yes this will be brilliant I know it~!C8
Lol, what is with all these bitchy cry babies? It's something NEW from Higurashi, be grateful you idiots. It's a PARODY OVA!! If you don't understand that, you're just stupid.ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Oh, we understand it's a parody. That doesn't mean it's good.
Aug 4, 2011 12:49 PM

Nov 2009
Zfish9 said:

If this was Facebook, I would have liked this. :3
Aug 5, 2011 12:07 AM

May 2011
Zfish9 said:

You've hit the nail on the head.
Aug 20, 2011 11:00 PM

Feb 2010
To all you whiny bitches who are complaining about the OVA you ARE NOT TRUE FANS. Most of you are probably like no violence and gore "Fuck that". If anyone of you fuckers are watched Gurren Lagann you see how it is then they make a bunch of funny spin-offs that re just comedy and no one is a whiny asshole about it.
Aug 21, 2011 7:32 AM

Jun 2010
Auska-Neumaki said:
To all you whiny bitches who are complaining about the OVA you ARE NOT TRUE FANS. Most of you are probably like no violence and gore "Fuck that". If anyone of you fuckers are watched Gurren Lagann you see how it is then they make a bunch of funny spin-offs that re just comedy and no one is a whiny asshole about it.

Hmmm... I think I replied to someone saying almost the exact same thing in the other thread...
Ah, here it is.
Zfish9 said:
kaimax said:
And finally if you're a true fan, you'll love this without any complaint

Currently anyone proclaiming to be a true fan but thinks this is shit, is not a true fan at all. Since your "love" is just for your own convenience, and what kind of love is that?

Ah, the old "true fan" thing. All fans are true fans. Liking or not liking something does not make you more 'true' of a fan then another. Everyone has there opinions on Higurashi, what they like and don't like, what they thought worked and what they thought didn't work in the anime. Saying that someone is not a 'true fan' for not sharing the same opinion as you is the same as saying "anyone whose opinions aren't the same as mine do not matter." Everyone has the right to state their opinion, even if, believe it or not, it's not the same as yours.

That said, I say the first half of this episode is shit and I'm just as much of a fan of Higurashi as you. I'm just a 'true fan' with a different opinion. I'm not going to arbitrarily like anything with Higurashi in the name if it is horrible.

As to why I didn't like it, the first half was just too ecchi with no real plot or any comedy. It was just 10-15 minutes of fanservice, nothing else. I started liking Higurashi for the plot, the drama, and yes, the murders. I didn't really care for the fanservice in it, unless it was part of the humor in the scene.
That said, the second half was much better. The second half was funny and had some plot in it.
Aug 21, 2011 3:09 PM
Jun 2011
Auska-Neumaki said:
To all you whiny bitches who are complaining about the OVA you ARE NOT TRUE FANS.

Please don't start this "True fan" bullshit.
Aug 23, 2011 5:25 AM

Dec 2009
Greenmeido said:
Auska-Neumaki said:
To all you whiny bitches who are complaining about the OVA you ARE NOT TRUE FANS.

Please don't start this "True fan" bullshit.

This.
Aug 23, 2011 10:51 PM
Jan 2010
I checked the rating rankings for this series and it's currently #4000+.
Looks like it's even worse than full-blown hentai.
Aug 31, 2011 3:25 AM
Jul 2010
This ovas are disgrace for Higurashi title.

Rainney said:

I think you mad, bro.

Dec 11, 2015 8:26 AM

Feb 2014
Better than the first season.
Almost better than the second season.

As an overall, Kira is for sure more enjoyable. ;)
Dec 11, 2015 8:35 AM

Sep 2009
Aww hayell no
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 5, 2016 4:22 PM
Jun 30, 2016 1:14 PM

Jul 2011
What was I expecting from these OVA?
Probably some relationship development between characters missed in the series.
I liked this series because of atmosphere and mind pressure, especially first and second arc. Comedy and Ecchi are supposed to be fun, but I feel like they were not good enough. New ideas were tainted by their performance. While graphics are not that bad, the scenes were flawed.
1st episode was plainly bad. I could provide better scenario even being told to keep all those ecchi scenes.
2nd episode was bad and unfunny. Ironically, I love Mahou Shoujo parodies and Higurashi characters. But the idea development in this episode made me facepalm with question "why did they decide it's should be made this way"? They probably didn't watch Puni Puni Poemi to get the idea about nonsense magical girl parody.
The only good moment there I remember is a conversation between Hanyuu-fairy and "two-faced" Rika (they should've tried to play on this more).
3rd episode was OK, despite making hint towards Mion x Keiichi OTP. Meh. I'd like to see both endings with married K+Mion and K+Rena in different parallel worlds.
4th episode was good and happy, but I didn't like it much, because idea of traveling through portals was stupid. Hanyuu's forced singing was fun though.

Conclusion: Honestly speaking, I've seen much worse and these OVAs look very bad in comparison with main series because of expectations. But scenarists should rip off their fingernails take every punishment from 1st OVA to reflect on their actions.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 22, 2011

220 by Taubensperma »»
Feb 9, 1:38 AM

Poll: » Favourite episode of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira?

Shiro- - Dec 3, 2012

6 by DvCGaming »»
Jul 25, 2023 2:41 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

2thuriel - Dec 20, 2011

102 by DvCGaming »»
Jul 21, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notnishiura - Nov 26, 2011

95 by DvCGaming »»
Jul 21, 2023 6:20 PM

» Watching Order

Klefki_of_Awsome - Sep 24, 2022

4 by Klefki_of_Awsome »»
Sep 25, 2022 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.