Forum Settings
Forums

New Anime Gundam AGE To Start This Autumn [Update Jun 13]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 13, 2011 3:54 PM

Nov 2010
Kazeshini said:
i was so excited and ... then i saw the characters -_____-

this...damn, and i was so excited too =/
Jun 13, 2011 5:21 PM

Feb 2008
Not as bad as I imagined, I will certainly give it a try.
Jun 13, 2011 8:05 PM

Sep 2009
X-Ray_Dog said:
Sabinlerose said:
Guys can you stop for a minute.
I want to borrow your time machine box so I can go see how bad this is going to be too. Since the majority of you must have them...what with the bashing without ever having seen it.

'cause only children do that...and you aren't children. Right?

dude, people are gonna sh!t bricks once this anime airs and you don´t need a time machine to know they will.

I´ll admit it´s a bit "childish" to judge it before it´s even out but think about it this way, you too won´t eat a poisonous mushroom just coz you never gave it a try before. Right ?

That is a terrible terrible analogy.

Eating something you know is bad for you can't compare to being childish little franchise entitled whores.
The fact is you can't judge something if you haven't seen it.
You can pretend to but you only come out looking extremely ignorant.

Then again millions of people do it with Final Fantasy, Twilight, and the latest Disney movies so....
Jun 13, 2011 8:14 PM
Jul 2018
Sabinlerose said:
X-Ray_Dog said:
Sabinlerose said:
I want to borrow your time machine box so I can go see how bad this is going to be too. Since the majority of you must have them...what with the bashing without ever having seen it.

dude, people are gonna sh!t bricks once this anime airs and you don´t need a time machine to know they will.

I´ll admit it´s a bit "childish" to judge it before it´s even out but think about it this way, you too won´t eat a poisonous mushroom just coz you never gave it a try before. Right ?

Eating something you know is bad for you can't compare to being childish little franchise entitled whores.

Then again millions of people do it with Final Fantasy, Twilight, and the latest Disney movies so....

Except you CAN judge character designs. they have shown us the character designs and the consensus is they look shitty. i don't need to watch the show to form an opinion on the art style of it, or to form expectations for the show.
Jun 13, 2011 10:27 PM

Jun 2008
Baman said:

Still, I'm always disappointed when another series like this pop up, since I'm always waiting for a more mature Gundam with a grown up cast full of professional soldiers, a realistic military feel, as well as more focus on the strategic and political levels of the conflicts .

The UC Side Stories is your answer, go play the games and read the comics. It's a shame that they won't even be considered to be made into an anime.
(-UC Climax, Lost War Chornicle)

CCZilla said:
Looks like I'm the only person intrigued by the generation concept. I don't really care if this is made for kids either, I'd rather have something different like that over some horribly written, cliched, angsty crap like Zeta Gundam or Gundam Seed Destiny.

The UC Timeline already have a "Generation concept" story made before AGE.
it's called UC Climax. It starts from The One Year War, and ends at Gundam F91.

There's honestly many AWESOME UC side stories.. but once again it's a shame that they won't be animated.

AGE is going to be dumbed donwn so bad, it sucks. Since it's aimed for kids, it can't throw in "Political issues" " War Issues" or even "Humanity Issues"

You won't see a "Bright BitchSlap", since there's no teen angst involved. It's just "let's protect the earth from Aliens."

Unless someone is conspiring things with the Aliens, this will just be another SD Gundam.
kaimaxJun 13, 2011 10:30 PM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jun 14, 2011 11:46 AM

Dec 2007
kaimax said:
CCZilla said:
Looks like I'm the only person intrigued by the generation concept. I don't really care if this is made for kids either, I'd rather have something different like that over some horribly written, cliched, angsty crap like Zeta Gundam or Gundam Seed Destiny.

There's honestly many AWESOME UC side stories.. but once again it's a shame that they won't be animated.

AGE is going to be dumbed donwn so bad, it sucks. Since it's aimed for kids, it can't throw in "Political issues" " War Issues" or even "Humanity Issues"

You won't see a "Bright BitchSlap", since there's no teen angst involved. It's just "let's protect the earth from Aliens."

Unless someone is conspiring things with the Aliens, this will just be another SD Gundam.

I don't see how Age is going to be dumbed down. Yeah sure, it may not have extremely convoluted loyalty shifts halfway through the series, but the lead IS A TEENAGER WHOSE MOM WAS KILLED. That's prime teen angst material right there.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2011 12:00 PM

Nov 2008
CCZilla said:
kaimax said:
CCZilla said:

I don't see how Age is going to be dumbed down. Yeah sure, it may not have extremely convoluted loyalty shifts halfway through the series, but the lead IS A TEENAGER WHOSE MOM WAS KILLED. That's prime teen angst material right there.

I can see that scene as the only dark part of the story, and it will go downhill worse than Gundam Seed Destiny.

Jun 14, 2011 7:40 PM

Mar 2011
Hoppy said:
CCZilla said:
kaimax said:
CCZilla said:

I can see that scene as the only dark part of the story, and it will go downhill worse than Gundam Seed Destiny.
I agree, seed was shit but this will be worse.
I hate you all.
Jun 14, 2011 9:46 PM

Sep 2009
Well if you're allowed to say it's NOT going to have such and such in

Them I'm allowed to say it's going to be the most "hardcore" Gundam show ever.
With full blown sex scenes, violent death scenes with lots of blood and gore that puts God of War to shame, and the Haros being shaped like breasts.
Jun 14, 2011 10:47 PM
Jun 2008
yea so most of us agree this series might be a "bomb" to watch.

oh please let next gundam series have main lead gundam pilot be a woman come on let a woman take the gundam lead role tv series.

really that is one thing yet to do.

besides overall age will sink gundam series till unless IF GS era can come back & SAVE us.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Jun 15, 2011 5:51 PM

Jun 2010
Lolis_and_Shotas said:
SagaraYuzuru said:
That was just awful.

Well frankly I'm disappointed , hopefully the next project Sunrise will announce wil bel a lot better than this. That's all I have to say...................
Jun 18, 2011 1:16 PM

Jun 2008
CCZilla said:
but the lead IS A TEENAGER WHOSE MOM WAS KILLED. That's prime teen angst material right there.

It is "angst" material, but did he succumbed to it? No, because succumbing to negative thoughts is bad for kids.

I don't see the "angst" after looking at the PV, if he was really "angst" he won't even think about completing Gundam Age and kept on being depressed, like what Amuro did before he was Bright bitchslapped.

and hence I said "It's going to be dumbed down" since there are some stuffs that kids are not allowed to see/hear/know/experience, that will affect the whole story of gundam Age.

------------
And I already hate Gundam Age for an unrelated reason. I lost a friend because of this. I simple said my honest opinion that this will suck, but he went all "Gundams aren't just for you" "Gundams are bascially toy commercials" and all the business aspect. Then he rage quit on me for just an opinion.
kaimaxJun 18, 2011 1:25 PM

Jun 18, 2011 2:15 PM

Sep 2008
kaimax said:

I don't see the "angst" after looking at the PV, if he was really "angst" he won't even think about completing Gundam Age and kept on being depressed, like what Amuro did before he was Bright bitchslapped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_t4Nxmr_jE&feature=related

Kira certainly had enough angst, pain, and worries to go around. Didn't stop him from getting in that suit in episode one. Saying there's not gonna be any angst because the kid got into a mobile suit thus creating the necessary premise seems like kind of flawed reasoning.

Heck, for all you know he did get slapped like Amuro. I don't know if you noticed, but there's a bit of a time jump between mommy dieing and junior taking up the fight. Aged from what looks to be about eight to fourteen. Plenty of time to wallow in despair before discovering his motivation to take up the fight.

Not to mention it's a story that'll span a hundred years. Plenty of room in there to bring in the angst factor.

I'm not saying the show will be some kind of angst festival. It could very well end up having none of that. I'm just saying you haven't really presented any evidence that it will not be, but I always say, the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence. Simply because you do not have evidence that something does exist does not mean you have evidence that something does not exist. What I'm saying is that there are known knowns and that there are known unknowns, but there is also unknown unknowns. Things we don't know that we don't know.

Wut?
GanglerJun 18, 2011 2:19 PM
Jun 19, 2011 10:50 AM

Jun 2008
Gangler said:

Wut?

Lol, I totally get what you mean, but I can't help but predicting things. I'm not just some patient follower. :D

Aug 14, 2011 12:15 PM

Oct 2007
Sabinlerose said:
X-Ray_Dog said:
Sabinlerose said:

Thank you for being a lone voice of reason in a void of circular logiic and some of the most intense prejudice I've seen towards an anime series in a while. Personally though I think you're just throwing good intentions and faith after incredibly bad intentions and faith. I've been down this road before myself a few times now and have come to realize that these types of people have long since made up their minds and will probably watch the show just to find any excuse to bitch about it week after week in further engage in that circular logic we've seen here in this thread.

Best to head over to a different forum like Mechatalk once this show actually gets underway if you want to hear anything approaching reasonable commentary on the show.
Oct 19, 2011 9:53 AM
Jul 2009
Imo good series. This is my first Gundamu:P I thought, that It would be worse but nice suprice and yeah OP song rlz. But more action onegai.
xxx
Oct 19, 2011 2:35 PM

Dec 2010
Thank god he didnt go crazy/emo since his mom died in front of him, If he turned into another Shinn Asuka, i swear, i would have gone all the way to sunrise and made a riot.
Nov 8, 2011 7:24 PM

Mar 2008
PhantomEX said:
Thank god he didnt go crazy/emo since his mom died in front of him, If he turned into another Shinn Asuka, i swear, i would have gone all the way to sunrise and made a riot.

Well, there is still time.

In this Gundam we will probably see that he actually grows up, so he still have some years to go emo.

And you have to remember that Flit was only 7 when it happened, Shinn was 14 or 15 when he lost his family.

So you have a gap on 7 years for Flit before he is thrown into the battle while Shinn only had 2 years.
AnyienNov 9, 2011 10:48 AM

Nov 9, 2011 10:44 PM

Sep 2009
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Sabinlerose said:
X-Ray_Dog said:
Sabinlerose said:

Thank you for being a lone voice of reason in a void of circular logiic and some of the most intense prejudice I've seen towards an anime series in a while. Personally though I think you're just throwing good intentions and faith after incredibly bad intentions and faith. I've been down this road before myself a few times now and have come to realize that these types of people have long since made up their minds and will probably watch the show just to find any excuse to bitch about it week after week in further engage in that circular logic we've seen here in this thread.

Best to head over to a different forum like Mechatalk once this show actually gets underway if you want to hear anything approaching reasonable commentary on the show.

This is much more fun though...It's a nice way to meet level headed people, and it lets me write out crazy insanity.

I didn't know about that forum though, I might give it a look through later on tonight.
Thanks!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
9 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
11 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 12 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
12 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.