Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 25, 2012 10:47 AM

Nov 2008
Every arc sucked except Sora's which was well done and enjoyable even to the most guilty of viewers.

Mar 28, 2012 12:49 AM

Nov 2011
It's not under-rated it's just not good.
We're talking a bunch of different arcs for different girls spread out in 12 episodes. That leaves almost no time to have a relationship build up or any real story in the show. It's basically like 2 episodes for each girl and a good chunk of one of those episodes is them making love. Then theirs the incest which I have NO PROBLEM with, but they literally just throw it your face. If your going to add incest don't just throw it in the viewers faces but have some kind of build up to it, not just a random flashback of him saving Sora then making out with her out of nowhere.

Honestly, this could have been better if it wasn't so spread out across 12 episodes. Literally though it's just like a new girl every 2 episodes and it just leads up to them having sex with the viewer unsatisfied with the lack of story and connection to the characters since it's basically two episodes fuck a girl, REWIND two episodes bang another girl REWIND. If anything they should have just chosen one main heroine or two for the 12 episodes. Then it would have been plenty for them to actually build up the story, characters and get some sort of connection to the viewers to get us hooked in. Plus our main protagonist is about as generic as you can get... The typical nice guy with perverted thoughts that releases his wild side when the option for sex is open.

Only time I actually got somewhat interested was Sora's arc but to be honest since it was over so quickly I couldn't fully enjoy it. If only her arc was the full on 12 episodes I probably would have enjoyed it more and actually not be surprised by surprise incest. Once again I have no problem with it.. Anyways that's my two cents on it.

Short version: Due to the fact it's a new girl the main protagonist goes for every 2-3 episodes it leaves the viewer unsatisfied with the lack of story, character depth and connection to get the viewer actually interested. I'm sure a lot of people only watched this just for some of the sex scenes. Really not worth the time.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jun 25, 2013 2:22 PM
Jan 2013
I actually liked the arc system the anime had. If you ask me this is a way more preferable way to do a harem anime than to make the main character a chick magnet or manwhore. And this way you can finish each girl's route without making one group of people upset that the guy didn't pick the best girl, or worse, mad that he didn't pick at all leaving no conclusion.

I really enjoyed this. I don't understand how it has too much sex as what is there is just there and it's gone, it's not like you can fap to it. I think people need to be more mature and just see that it's a part of the story and not there for the lulz. I mean it was adapted from an eroge, it could HAVE been eroge, but the story was so good that it got the focus, but rather than completely shaft the sex scenes as many anime shows do when adapting a hentai, the studio tried to incorporate in as natural way as possible without focusing too much on it, or too little. I admit that it had some mixed results, but overall I think it was about as good a show as it could get. I'm also very happy it even got adapted and didn't shaft Sora's arc, which would be completely stupid as hers ended up being so good and the best out of all of the arcs. Sure the other girls arcs were a little short, but I like that, because it gave more time to sora's arc. Making an anime isn't very flexible. A season tends to be either 13 or 26 episodes, and it can be difficult to make it more or less than either of those. Now this anime was 12 episodes, but an extra episode couldn't really do much except to prolong one character's arc (most likely candidate would be Akira, though more Sora would definitely be preferred) or for another fork (most useful would to flesh out Akira and Kazuha's arcs).

Character arcs were also a bit longer than people give them credit for.

Character arc timelines.
Kazuha
episode 1*, ep 2*, ep 3, ep 4.

Akira
episode 1*, ep 2* ep 5, ep 6.

Nao
ep 1*, ep 7*, ep 8, ep 9

Sora
ep 1* ep 7*/**, ep 10, ep 11, ep 12.

Kozue
ep 11***, ep 12***

Motoka
ep 1**** - ep 12****

*fork episode
**slight difference in events, but for the most part the same.
***practically over before it began. All it took was one big revelation.
****omake.

This is a list of all of the arcs. If you look at each arc from beginning to end, each arc was around 4 episodes. Episode 2 splits off as a choice between Kazuha and Akira arcs, from beginning to end, Kazuha's arc begins on episode 1 just as it would in a visual novel route. Akira's arc also begins on episode 1. Nao's arc begins on episode 1 as well, but events prevent episode 2 from happening and episode 7 happens instead. Her arc separates from Sora's arc after that at which point episode 8 furthers Nao's arc, and Episode 10 switches to Sora's arc. And Notice how as the series goes through, even in arcs not concerning them you still learn more about the other characters. Kazuha's arc is tied to Akira's arc because their problems ultimately stem from one event, and though Kazuha doesn't reconcile with her father in Akira's arc, you learn more about him and Kazuha's mother. Kazuha gets another warm scene seeing her mother care for her sister, even after it was proven they weren't related. In each a burden is removed from Kazuha, she learns she isn't the only one who cares about Akira (not saying people hate her, I mean somebody from her family namely her mother and father). Nao's arc and Sora's arcs are tied together as well. Sora saw Nao rape Haruka, in both it's brought up. Each arc ends on a happy note, but the Sora arc implies that the Nao arc would eventually turn sour. I wouldn't say for sure that Haruka wouldn't abandon Sora eventually in Nao's arc. They made it a point to say that wouldn't happen, but yet through her arc he does. And it is during Nao's arc that we see also see a lot of characterization for Sora. And during Sora's arc the same could be said of Nao. I would say that I Nao made a better impression on me during the end of Sora's arc than during her own arc. Yes she risked her life for Sora's stuffed bunny, but overall I found her character a bit selfish. She was much more selfless when she looked past her pain to see that Haruka and Sora were meant to be together. She could have complained, same as Kozue, but Kozue was at least partially angry because she lost. If Nao complained, and Haruka chose her, he might be in a normal relationship, but she would always be second place.
"There is perhaps no phenomenon which contains so much destructive feeling as moral indignation, which permits envy or hate to be acted out under the guise of virtue."
— Erich Fromm
Jul 15, 2013 8:12 AM

Dec 2008
it was pretty much a modern take on the 90's soft core "almost" hentais that were always being produced. SOme tits here, some insinuation with provocative motion there....meh
Aug 17, 2013 1:05 AM

Oct 2011
Personally, I hate anything with arcs.

Other than that, I believe this show deserves its rating.
Aug 17, 2013 1:13 AM

Jul 2013
Cuz it's a no plot hentai posing as anime sorta like Free! lmao flame if you want.
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Aug 18, 2013 12:28 PM

May 2013
the pacing was quick and it skipped between girls
Oct 27, 2013 5:18 AM

Sep 2013
Everyone wants 12 episodes of Haru and Sora, I also wanted this
AnimeHonorOct 27, 2013 5:23 AM
Nov 3, 2013 10:29 PM

May 2013
Gosh this anime was great. An ultimate guilty pleasure anime... I thought the way they animate it with the save points was done well, though it is indeed too short. I thought I was stepping into those harem without a real love plot but this actually does.

If you don't think about how short each girl gets show time and just think of each arc as a one whole hour of movie/anime it was like I said awesome. A definite guilty pleasure anime. And I was surprised I actually liked it as a whole.
Nov 3, 2013 10:59 PM
Mar 2013
Ragix said:
It's not under-rated it's just not good.

Agreed.

Crassa said:
Gosh this anime was great. An ultimate guilty pleasure anime... I thought the way they animate it with the save points was done well, though it is indeed too short.

I actually really liked the idea behind this. It's pretty cool to have a branching anime similar to VN, but unfortunately it wasn't handled to well.

Some of the girl's back stories were not very interesting to be perfectly honest. And each of the girl's conflicts were the same as well.

Maybe it's because they introduce the conflict to late and offer the solution to quickly, so the audience didn't have enough time to fully understand and connect with the characters.

These are just some of the reasons I rated this show a 3.
Nov 19, 2013 7:23 AM
Sep 2011
The reason why this show is not good is not because of the incest (though to some people it might be ),It's because of it's over the top unnecessary hentai like fanservice that made the show seem more like a trashy harem rather than a decent show.It might be good for it's genre but it's still not a show I would recommend to someone.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nozomu - Oct 18, 2010

287 by DemhatTks16 »»
Apr 11, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 6, 2010

187 by Obscurantist »»
Apr 7, 12:16 PM

» How can I add hanime in the app (Android)

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 26

12 by Reevansingh21 »»
Mar 28, 3:10 PM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Dunkmaru - Dec 20, 2010

513 by Rezete_01 »»
Feb 24, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Yosuga no Sora Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Nov 22, 2010

230 by Rezete_01 »»
Feb 24, 3:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.