Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 6, 2011 4:54 AM

Oct 2010
Haven't really been active around this series but since episode 7 Shiemi is the shit! She is amazing with her green man. That spirit being something of nature some being tame and some being wild whom Lord of the Rings had a good depiction of them, I got blown away with Shiemi as follows,

when you consider what the end result is in the spoiler
wow! That is a most amazing barrier using nature. I am totally impressed and Ryuji is damn right about Shiemi, a small girl with a big protection! I most liked her entrance in Rin's face only to end in him banging her head. Ouch! However Shiemi's face in the spoiler
were adorable. Shiemi can so become a Tamer/Doctor class.

Ryuji is slowly filling my sadness of missing Fujimoto with his Aria, I got most excited as he did not stop chanting even when the ghoul grabbed him by the head but as the lights turned on and his chant starting working, oh boy! First what started it in the spoiler
was just the pinnacle of the most exciting in the following,

I am totally addicted to something being chanted and the shit just vaporizes. It proves God's words over pawn evil! What you go to say now Satan shit! I am so waiting for more Aria stuff. I did find Ryuji went a little bit rough on Izumo.

• Izumo had amazing part in this episode and TBH I loved her sudden serious side scaring away her familiars into obeying her and the awesome attack executed on the ghoul in the spoiler
    that was most amazing. What is even more awesome is that Izumo had adorable, serious and disappointing facial in the spoiler
    which most expressed her character much and further. I most liked the Shiemi worried about her even in a very weak state as that gave her the courage to do her summons most likely. Next thing to consider is her flashback of her past in the spoiler
    I am suspecting possession and setting fire to her home. The little girl must be her little sister perhaps?

• Rin was damn cool with his jump, sword planting into the ghoul and “Burn baby! Burn!” in the spoiler
    of course the teacher saw it all but it was funny at least that he swallowed the rest of the crap tooth brushing leave in your mouth. Now that was hilarious.

• The monster was totally gross man! In the spoiler
    the shit separated into 2 and the other one that followed Rin was totally hideous.

Some end of the episode and some points. So the end showed the teacher being with Yukio but the question leaves out what will Yukio do about it next episode. If you wonder what is a Naberius, I found something about it here.

About preview, oh joy Mephistopheles is back again and OMG and WTF sick monster is going to shop. More hideous shit to banish and that's what I like about this show. So anyone influenced in being a exorcist with this show? Excellent action in this episode, it's what I want more in this series. More Shiemi/Izumo!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 6, 2011 5:34 AM

Jun 2009
That was decent action.

At least eyebrows is finally softening up since I don't like seeing a gullible Shiemi doing her biddings.
Jun 6, 2011 7:11 AM

Aug 2009
Dat Moshidora live action at the end.

And God, I was bored throughout half of the episode, which isn't a good thing especially for an action-oriented episode.
A shounen failing in action = just a complete fail.
Jun 6, 2011 7:50 AM
Oct 2010
That teacher pissed me.
Jun 6, 2011 7:55 AM

Oct 2010
STM said:
And God, I was bored throughout half of the episode, which isn't a good thing especially for an action-oriented episode.
A shounen failing in action = just a complete fail.
That's too bad buddy, what exactly shounen failing in action was the fail?

I found the episode to be amazing with the action. I seriously want much more team oriented action like in this episode.

Jun 6, 2011 8:46 AM

May 2010
Good episode. After 1 ep, I changed my mind about Izumo. :D

And Shiemi's demon has great powers!! O_o

That eyepatch teacher has hidden agenda aside from "to realize his powers".
Jun 6, 2011 10:11 AM

Oct 2009
Really nice episode). This show is more interesting than I'd thought, so I'm going to start reading manga now.
Jun 6, 2011 11:48 AM
Sep 2009
Shiemi and Rin knocking heads was ridiculously awesome!

Also, can anyone tell me why that female teacher at the start had wierd french-esque subtitles? I'm assuming she spoke strangely in Japanese but I'm wondering if someone could please clarify this. =]
Jun 6, 2011 1:04 PM

Dec 2010
Yeah i got confused with that teacher too >.<.
That monster is fuckin creepy.
Anyways great episode i was sure that it was some sort of test but it wasn't.
Jun 6, 2011 1:23 PM
Jan 2011
tsubasalover said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Helping out with others...

The teacher sent those monsters to see Rin using the demon's power.

Whether or not to support each other...

The girl is accepting Shiemi now.

It seems that the teacher who set loose a monster probably wanna kill Rin or maybe he just one of Satan's minions.
Jun 6, 2011 1:25 PM

Oct 2010
Nasty001 said:
tsubasalover said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

It seems that the teacher who set loose a monster probably wanna kill Rin or maybe he just one of Satan's minions.
Or maybe Mephi is just using him.

Jun 6, 2011 1:39 PM

Sep 2009
I'm glad this show is getting a two-course; it probably won't end well with just 13 episodes. The episode itself was nice too, although the drop in animation quality is just too obvious now. Still nice-ass music though.
Jun 6, 2011 1:44 PM
Sep 2009
I just want to make one thing absolutely clear...

DAMN. This episode ROCKED~!!

We got romantic tension between two characters that have real chemistry, monsters that were actually scary, great, cinematic action, and Rin being Rin---I don't know what else I could ask for from a shounen-action series! Not to mention, I'm beginning to really appreciate these characters, especially Izumo and Bon. And need I mention again how the fitting and spectacular the music for this series is?

I'm certainly looking forward to more next week~!
Jun 6, 2011 3:06 PM

Nov 2007
RainbowMagnet said:
Nice episode, with some action in it.

OP2: ROOKiEZ is PUNK'D -「IN MY WORLD」
ED2: Kuroki Meisa -「Wired Life」

Can't wait for the new opening :D

Nice!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 6, 2011 9:34 PM

Oct 2010
tsubasalover said:
RainbowMagnet said:
Nice episode, with some action in it.

Can't wait for the new opening :D
Nice!
I am just wondering what will be themes of both. So far it's more of intro Rin feeling, you know OP shows him with lots of people that he just meets with the Academy and the ED shows more of a long road ahead. The OP2 and ED2 should show what we may be up against and future enemies. That would be cool.

Jun 6, 2011 9:55 PM

Nov 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
Nasty001 said:
tsubasalover said:

Or maybe Mephi is just using him.

Or testing him for some reason.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 6, 2011 10:14 PM
May 2011
Some notes...

A. The character interaction is superb. I love the network of relationships this anime is building, each character is so distinct.

B. Black Cloak and Bunny Puppet did absolutely nothing. Not even Shima's "I'll help out if that demon breaks through - oops, I think I'll just get tossed aside instead" way of not doing anything. They literally just stood around while that demon was trying to kill their asses.
Nerves of steel.

C. It seems at least a couple teachers (as well as Mephisto) are in on it. Very interesting.

D. Sheimi's little creature is a badass. Who knew such a little thing could pack such a punch?

Great episode. This series is incredibly gripping.
Jun 6, 2011 10:45 PM

Nov 2007
what's with the dude with the hood and the one holding the puppet? they just sat and watched the whole thing? well they aren't team players....
Jun 6, 2011 11:16 PM

Aug 2009
mystik said:
what's with the dude with the hood and the one holding the puppet? they just sat and watched the whole thing? well they aren't team players....

And in somewhat unrelated shipping news, there's a handful of art on Pixiv for Izumo x Renzou. I thought it was kind of interesting to think about how that'd work.
Ha-cha!
Jun 7, 2011 7:24 AM

Aug 2009
I find amusement in the most unusual things. Thus, the highlight of the episode for me was:

"Most of ze demonz ‘ave a so called le “fatal verse”, words or quotes zat will make zem le die instantly.
Aria specializez in le memorization and le recital of zose fatal verses.
Zen let’s ‘ear you recitez what I gave youze for ‘omework."

I le died.
metamorphiusJun 7, 2011 7:27 AM
Jun 7, 2011 8:13 AM
Jul 2008
Lol, nice episode.. bon haven't give up until the ghoul caught him.. i like it..
Jun 7, 2011 8:49 AM

Nov 2008
This show gets 25 eps? Great, I think I'd drop it if it was longer than that, actually I feel like dropping right now (not a huge fan of generic shonen, and besides I thought it's gonna be more like Hellsing and less like Bleach)the only thing that keeps me drawn is stunning music, and sometimes kick-ass animation.
Jun 7, 2011 2:13 PM

Jul 2010
Awesome action packed episode! =D

That teacher with the eye patch really is up to something. I wonder if he knew their father before or something. I hope Rin doesn't keep it quite, but judging from the preview at least his brother knows about it next episode.

Nice to see them all helping each other out. They must really work as a team; emphasize each other's strengths and cover each other's weaknesses. Good thing Izumo is warming up to the others more as well (apart from Bon that is).

Jun 7, 2011 3:16 PM

Aug 2008
Iilia said:
With all the strange classes these exorcists have to attend it feels kind of like Hogwarts to me.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. It's far-fetched but I felt a faint resemblance somehow.
and major lol at the test of courage. I was like NOO DON'T OPEN IT YOU IDIOT. :P
Jun 7, 2011 8:41 PM
Sep 2009
Snowley said:
This show gets 25 eps? Great, I think I'd drop it if it was longer than that, actually I feel like dropping right now (not a huge fan of generic shonen, and besides I thought it's gonna be more like Hellsing and less like Bleach)the only thing that keeps me drawn is stunning music, and sometimes kick-ass animation.

Why would you compare this to Bleach? Bleach has the emotional and intellectual depth of a Styrofoam cup; at the absolute least, this has more content, character, and life than that.

If anything (to use your comparison), I would say that this show is at a balanced ground between the two---Hellsing and Bleach.
Jun 8, 2011 12:06 AM

Oct 2010
darkerealm said:
Iilia said:
With all the strange classes these exorcists have to attend it feels kind of like Hogwarts to me.
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. It's far-fetched but I felt a faint resemblance somehow.
Now when I think about it it looks like it is. Damn, I hate Harry pothead.

Jun 8, 2011 4:28 AM

Apr 2011
Nice episode wit a lot of action. Rin used his sword again, and the teacher who sent the demons was testing his power. Izumo becomes more sympathetic in my eyes, she wasn't that conceited girl like before. Suguro and Shiemi did well against the demon. I am looking forward to seeing the next episode.
Jun 8, 2011 9:54 AM

Nov 2009
Awesome. The action was intense, as it usually is at the start of all shounens. Since Rin is OP it was nice to see the students kick ass with the little knowledge they know.

I have to say, Izumi may be a tsundere but i still like her a lot.
Jun 8, 2011 4:32 PM

Jul 2008
I love Izumi!
Jun 8, 2011 8:10 PM

Apr 2009
Now thats a scary demon, haha. I loved the "test of courage". Hahaha

I like how Shieme is actually being helpful, I thought she'd be one of those useless characters.

I'm curious how everyone will react once they find out about Rin's powers..
Jun 9, 2011 5:07 AM

Oct 2010
RainbowMagnet said:

OMG. I love ROOKiEZ is PUNK'D and Kuroki Meisa! *A*

Pretty awesome episode. Loved seeing everyone (well, at least almost everyone) in action. That puppet guy and the hooded guy has to do something, though...

LOL Shima and the "test of courage".
[insert awesome signature here]
Jun 10, 2011 6:12 AM

Dec 2007
Nooo! Already new Op and ED next week ? Fuck that!
Jun 11, 2011 12:13 PM

Aug 2008
personally i think it's great that we are going to get a new and ed,i couldn't stand the ending,
Jun 11, 2011 8:21 PM

May 2011
Neku said:
personally i think it's great that we are going to get a new and ed,i couldn't stand the ending,

Follow you here! But the OP I do think it's nice. Loved the ep btw, and de puppet guy and hooded one are just bugging me, would they do something already? >.<

Would like the next ep, but dunno when it's comming out : /
So, must write somethig badass here... .-.
Jun 12, 2011 1:20 AM

May 2011
jolesole said:
badass Rin is badass

also i lol'd at the test of "courage" and shima's reaction xD

Pretty awesome episode :D
5/5
hahahaha the test of courage was my favrt part.. specailly when closed back the door :P..

pretty great epi.. nice action more importantly it was kept interesting through out the episode.. I cant wait for the guy in the black hoodie to get involved in the action..
Jun 12, 2011 7:23 PM
Feb 2009
woww...
Jun 13, 2011 2:55 PM

Aug 2010
Cool episode, that eyepatch guy is kind of lame imo.
Jun 15, 2011 1:24 PM

Dec 2009
Great episode! :D I liked it, test of courage lol!!
Suguro is cool (:
Jun 17, 2011 1:26 PM

Apr 2011
The eyepatch dude is the one all behind this. I hope they beat his ass :D
Jun 18, 2011 11:08 AM

Jul 2009
Hehe, awesome episode! Suguro and his proness at memorizing is hilarious lol XD Seems like that teacher guy wants to make Rin's demon power stronger or something? O_O The fight scene was quite cool, and it got everybody to work together (JUST AS PLANNED?! XD)
Jun 25, 2011 7:42 AM

Nov 2007
Shima is awesome. Pls have my babies. <3

What's going on? What was the point of geting Rin to show his powers? Clearly Eyepatch!guy already knew the truth and him showing himself to Rin has no purpose, especially if he's going to then pretend like nothing happened. Weird.
Jun 25, 2011 8:07 PM

Aug 2009
I STILL dont like that purple haired girl -__-

And I will be really pissed if Rin falls for her....>.<
Jun 28, 2011 1:18 AM

Oct 2008
Cooool.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 30, 2011 10:14 PM

Mar 2011
Ok it's official I love this anime! It was nice to see some combat too!
Jul 8, 2011 8:26 AM

Sep 2008
Great episode. About time I do some catching up on this.

The demon thing looked pretty creepy. Good to see an anime using actually creepy looking monsters unlike some anime where they just make them look retarded for no reason and the battles can't be taken seriously.
Jul 12, 2011 1:46 AM

Aug 2009
I love Shima's stone. ^_^

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Sep 17, 2011 11:49 AM

Mar 2010
Good episode! Lots of action and some pretty good insight on what's gonna happen later on in the story! Looking forward to the next!
Oct 16, 2011 3:33 PM

Dec 2009
I find it strange that there is another student (he/she wears black clothes and hood over face) but no one in the class notice him/her. LOL!
He is just there, did nothing in this episode. I know it will be revealed later but I find it funny as well as strange that others don't notice the one with hood !!!
Oct 22, 2011 8:26 PM

Sep 2008
Geh, dot eyebrows is so annoying.
Do the students like brush their teeth in the same building though... I thought that the Okumuras had a whole building to themselves.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2011 10:05 AM

Jun 2011
LOL, test of courage =)

Izumo finally accepting Shiemi~ And the I respects Bon for memorizing all those chants, he really is somethimg...

But why the hell that eye patched teacher is there with Yukio?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.