Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 5, 2011 1:24 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Helping out with others...

The teacher sent those monsters to see Rin using the demon's power.

Whether or not to support each other...

The girl is accepting Shiemi now.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 5, 2011 3:01 AM

Dec 2010
Nice episode, with some action in it.

OP2: ROOKiEZ is PUNK'D -「IN MY WORLD」
ED2: Kuroki Meisa -「Wired Life」

Can't wait for the new opening :D
Jun 5, 2011 6:56 AM

Feb 2010
^great newsss~~
and so teach finally gonna show his true colors next episode too ~

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Jun 5, 2011 7:14 AM

May 2010
New OP and ED? Sweeeet!

Bon's face after the demon dissolved was just priceless.

Jun 5, 2011 11:03 AM
Apr 2011
Why knows that teacher who Rin is?
Great teamwork n-n and Rin is very cute
Jun 5, 2011 11:15 AM

Jun 2010
I just saw there's 25 episode in the whole thing. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rin fought off that monster once again, but had to be separated from the whole group in order to do it and Bon got mad at him for doing so. Bon's face when he was at the brink of death. This was their first real battle with a demon with no help from teachers. This is good experience.

Jun 5, 2011 11:27 AM

Sep 2010
Loved the teamwork, everyone contributed at least a little in the fight (except for the guy in the hoodie and dude with the puppet). Shiemi is also alot stronger than I thought she would be : )

The character development and relationships are kinda at a slow pace, but tolerable. Hope we find out more about the hoodie guy and the guy with a puppet on his hand. I also hope that Rin freakin shows everyone his ablitities and for Izumo to become good friends with Shiemi soon. But all in due time : )

5/5 I guess
Jun 5, 2011 11:46 AM

Nov 2010
Yukio <- Shiemi <- Rin <- Izumo?

It's the looooove train.
Jun 5, 2011 11:47 AM

Jan 2009
That fat lady teacher has a damn annoying dialect.
And except for a bunch'a fighting, there wasn't actually anything happening. Right?
Oh right. The ghoul was cute as always. Can't blame him though, he's dead after all.

Also, Izumo > Everyone else.
OosranJun 5, 2011 12:31 PM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 5, 2011 12:01 PM

Aug 2009
Oosran said:
Also, Izumo > Everyone else.
Fuck yeah.
Shima needs more screentime too but we'll get that someday.
Jun 5, 2011 12:28 PM

Feb 2010
Bon has balls of steel to keep that citation going while that damn ghoul had his head.
Jun 5, 2011 12:42 PM
Jun 2009
Ugh i jsut wish for him to go all out and kill someone I know i am watching the wrong show to want to see that but it jsut bugs me anyway enjoyed the ep regardless hope we get to see more fighting next ep
Jun 5, 2011 12:48 PM

Sep 2009
Hrm, I actually enjoy this op/ed combo but the next one sounds interesting as well.

I thought that this was a pretty spiffy episode, it showed the teacher's hidden motives and Izumo got less annoying. That last scene where Rin comes back was definitely hilarious. xD And major props to Bon for his memorization skillets and for being able to keep it up throughout all the stress.
Jun 5, 2011 12:49 PM

Aug 2010
Whats up with that hood guy and lame looking blonde??? haven't seen them around much and they've done nothing...

Rin was cool as always and Shiemi really stood up for herself i was really impressed and Izumo is starting to grow on me nice ep 5/5
Jun 5, 2011 12:53 PM

Aug 2010
Indeed, when will that hooded guy do something...

Jun 5, 2011 12:57 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
ByeByeMrMoon said:
Indeed, when will that hooded guy do something...

When Shura appears lol.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 5, 2011 1:12 PM

Oct 2010
Paiguy said:
Bon has balls of steel to keep that citation going while that damn ghoul had his head.
lol I'm pretty sure they only reason he was able to keep reciting was because he was to scare to process what was really going on.
But ya I was laughing at that whole scene, really nicely done from Bon.
At the beginning i though Shiemi was just going to be some kind of battle medic, but that whole branches of SIN buajajaja thing was pretty awesome and she was able to endure for a long time.

Just wondering are the thing on Izumo forehead eyebrows or some kinda of mark/tattoo?
huh?
Jun 5, 2011 1:24 PM
May 2011
badass Rin is badass

also i lol'd at the test of "courage" and shima's reaction xD

Pretty awesome episode :D
5/5
Jun 5, 2011 1:30 PM

Feb 2010
This was a great episode, but god damnit I swear if Rin doesn't tell them immediately the cool looking eyepatch dude is the one who did all this I am gonna flip several tables
Jun 5, 2011 1:46 PM

Aug 2010
Rin has to kick eyepatch teachers ass. Eyepatch dude isn't just attacking the son of satan but also the other kids whats up with that?
Jun 5, 2011 2:12 PM

Sep 2009
Great episode :) Everyone fight a little. Bon was great, glad he kill that ghoul. 5/5
Jun 5, 2011 2:24 PM
Nov 2010
Paiguy said:

I think the same about that, Bon sure was good there...
jolesole said:
also i lol'd at the test of "courage" and shima's reaction xD

Haha, yeah, it seems he didn't pass that test of courage...:D

A pretty nice episode, the characters are all cool...
Jun 5, 2011 2:34 PM

Jun 2011
Hmm, was a pretty cool episode.
The test of courage ofcourse being the most epic part.

But, hmm, just wondering when the lots will find out Rin is a demon-kid.
Also, I found it quite amusing how that tiny green man was able to shoopdawhoop that demon..

The joke's on you wolf, the pigs are cannibals..~
Jun 5, 2011 2:39 PM

Apr 2010
TSUNDERE.
Jun 5, 2011 3:00 PM

Apr 2011
Interesting episode.;)
Jun 5, 2011 3:21 PM

Jan 2010
All in all, I'd say this is a pretty good adaptation so far. Izumo's been more tolerable, though. I wish they would explain what's up with that puppet dude already, he's been annoying me since before I started the manga, and he's the only one left unexplained.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Jun 5, 2011 3:33 PM

Nov 2007
oh my god, episode had my jaw hanging throughout the whole thing. it was really exciting. :DDD i'm still waiting for that puppet guy & the hoodie kid to do something.

RainbowMagnet said:

WHAAAAAAT. ; A ; are they showing these next week already?
Jun 5, 2011 3:52 PM

Jul 2010
RainbowMagnet said:

But... but I like the ones we've got now. However, RiP is a great band too and I'm sure they'll be just as good. Plus it's rare for me to completely dislike an OP/ED.

Hoschisora said:
Why knows that teacher who Rin is?
Great teamwork n-n and Rin is very cute
I'mma go out on a limb and say someone told him. Brilliant detective work, right? :P
Being more serious, I'll say Mephisto told the teacher about Rin. The preview said something about testing Rin's strength and whatever, so maybe it was under Mephisto's orders that the teacher and his demon attacked.

daBoss said:

It's the looooove train.
Pfft, yeah, now watch Bon will fall for Izumo. *facepalms*

With all the strange classes these exorcists have to attend it feels kind of like Hogwarts to me.

@busters - They'll probably switch the songs around 12-ish or 20-ish, depending on how long this show is going to be. That's just a guess. I don't know for sure.
Jun 5, 2011 4:56 PM

Jul 2009
I'm guessing this new adult introduced is Rin and Yukio's biological dad; we know about the 'son of satan', yet they haven't ruled out human vessels, or demon status/power being administered after conception.

The only character who annoys me is that one in the robe!
How inappropriate; is this person really too good to help at the moment; needing a mass unveiling later?
The mad-hatter troll principal at the graveside was daft, but a character in disguise, please, mystery grates at times.

Anyway...
4/5.

Jun 5, 2011 5:15 PM

Aug 2010
daBoss said:

It's the looooove train.

haha, quite true. The pink hair dude is the real badass. No fear at all
Jun 5, 2011 5:24 PM

Sep 2009
Iilia said:
daBoss said:
Yukio <- Shiemi <- Rin <- Izumo?It's the looooove train.
now watch Bon will fall for Izumo.
No no. All the boys should just fall for each other

-Ahem-

Ah so it was all a test.
I do love the humor in the show. It makes it entertaining.
That is one ugly ghoul *yuck*
Do want the new opening and ending.
Jun 5, 2011 5:29 PM

Aug 2009
Kamiki's flashback on why she wants to be an exorcist wasn't in the manga, so that kinda surprised me.

New OP and ED next week? Cool, I guess.
Ha-cha!
Jun 5, 2011 5:51 PM

Jul 2009
Awesome episode. 4/5

No more Paku-Izumo drama please!
Jun 5, 2011 6:11 PM

Feb 2010
Yay for Renzou!! I do really like the Shima brothers <3
DAT AWESOME RIN...and since I know Shura, what's up with little puppet guy?
Isn't it a bit too early for a new OP/ED? I think they will settle them by ep.12
Jun 5, 2011 6:43 PM

Dec 2010
Iilia said:
RainbowMagnet said:

But... but I like the ones we've got now. However, RiP is a great band too and I'm sure they'll be just as good. Plus it's rare for me to completely dislike an OP/ED.

Yea, same here, even id i dont like i end up growing to like it.

Peoplez, the new OP OP2: ROOKiEZ is PUNK'D -「IN MY WORLD」
and the new eD ED2: Kuroki Meisa -「Wired Life」

Is going to air out next month when it reaches episode 13. Its then gonna change then, if it were to change now it would be too quick since i still the OP and ED.

daBoss said:

Iilia said:
It's the looooove train.
Pfft, yeah, now watch Bon will fall for Izumo. *facepalms*

True, there is a love train, ahaaha. But its all subtle puppy love and they dont even know it themselves. Just to add some element of romance.
@Iilia, like as i said above about the date release of the new OP and Ed...^^^
And the pink haired dude is cool. I actually jumped when i saw the ghoul, you would know that it would pop out there, but still i actually got a little jump from my chair when i saw that fugly then again when i wasnt mentally prepared for it. HAHA XD
Kuro-TenshiJun 5, 2011 6:46 PM
Jun 5, 2011 7:28 PM

May 2011
That was a really god episode. Loved how all the fights were animated.
LOVED IT :D
Jun 5, 2011 7:30 PM

Feb 2009
Rin was kick-butt against that other demon thing.

Bon was pretty awesome too, keeping up the incantation thing while that ghoul had him by the head.
Jun 5, 2011 7:36 PM

Jul 2008
Really liked this episode and I love Rin kicking ass.. but I wanna see some Yukio action too! >.<
Hopefully lots of it in the next episode, from the preview.
mcc badge

Toph: "Even though I was born blind, I've never had any problems seeing."
Jun 5, 2011 7:39 PM

Apr 2011
A kill apiece for Rin and Bon! Enjoyed the other Exorcists holding the Ghoul off just enough for him to recite the right phrase and blow it away. Rin of course one-shotted that PoS the second he whipped his sword out, just like I knew he would. I'm honestly surprised he resisted the urge to pull it that long. He's also a bit on the oblivious side, not noticing it split into two monsters. Granted, I think the only difference was the number of heads.

Rin's gonna somehow have to let his teammates know how GD strong he is ... not that he didn't demonstrate it by easily going one-on-one with a monster that almost took out the whole team. Maybe the evil sensei will blow his cover next episode. I'm sure Bon will freak the hell out when he eventually finds out Rin's the Son of Satan.

5/5, glad to see things are getting intense again. Much as I enjoyed the random comedy episodes, things are back on track now.
Jun 5, 2011 7:39 PM

Nov 2008
Good episode. I need to read the manga of this...
Jun 5, 2011 8:34 PM
Jan 2011
Wow, I didn't even notice the guy with the puppet until coming to this forum.... It's like he doesn't even exist or something.... But anyway, good episode I guess.
Jun 5, 2011 8:57 PM

Oct 2010
Finally a decent episode
Making some progress
Jun 5, 2011 9:22 PM

Feb 2010
Good episode. great action... that ghoul was CREEPY. dayum.

W00t... 25 eps! :)
Jun 5, 2011 9:50 PM
Mar 2009
HEADBUTT!! That was funny, haha.

Izumo acted so much more tsundere in the anime compared to the manga.
Jun 5, 2011 9:53 PM
Mar 2010
A lot of two-cour series this season.

Lol at the Moshidora live action at the end.
Jun 5, 2011 11:00 PM

Apr 2011
Oohh..Izumi is starting to develop for Rin.

Anyways, good episode.
Jun 6, 2011 1:10 AM

Feb 2009
Well at least things are moving finally. Dunno if this is an exercise to test them or just to provoke and isolate Rin. Funny how that teacher knew that Rin will isolate himself. He sounded like he knew Rin will do it alone or at least he planned to split them. Well, we all know that shounen protagonists like to play the hero but still that detail kinda ruined this episode for me.
Still, much better than the previous episodes but I'm losing the feeling of the excitement of the plot that the first two episodes brought.
Seeing that it's two-cour, I guess I should give it some time to develop.

herox3 said:
Lol at the Moshidora live action at the end.
Glad to see someone else commented on that from the 3 pages of this thread. Seriously underrated show.
Wouldn't watch it though, I don't like the one doing Minami. Oh well.
Jun 6, 2011 2:15 AM

Apr 2011
Great episode. Still hoping the others will find out who Rin really is soon. Loving the Rin and Bon interactions, very funny.

Shiemi was great in this episode too, she has passed my expectations of her. Anyway can't wait for the next episode and also the new OP/ED songs.
Jun 6, 2011 2:36 AM

Jul 2009
Shiemi is so sweet!! ;u; I just love her!!!

And really great episode!!
SasuXNaruXSasu it's love~ <3

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature!!!
Jun 6, 2011 4:49 AM

May 2010
RainbowMagnet said:

For real , sweet !! ^_^
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 31, 2011

191 by XILG »»
Apr 16, 11:29 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Horshu »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.