MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Shiki Specials Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Shiki Specials »» Shiki Specials Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
View Poll Results: Shiki Specials Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

136 85.53%
4 out of 5: Liked it

14 8.81%
3 out of 5: It was OK

6 3.77%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

2 1.26%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 0.63%
Voters: 159

07-11-11, 6:49 AM

a very gory special indeed!!! That dude did the right thing, put them out of their agony...

07-23-11, 1:19 PM

SailorKagome said:
I cried during this episode, it was too heartwrenching. I think that tying the shikis and leting them get burned by the sun is the most cruel, painful and slow way to kill them. What that Hasegawa guy did was actually the last act of humanity that he could have done towards the shiki, He gave them a quick death, because he knew that it was too cruel to let them agonize like that. in a way, I respect him for that. Just who are actually the real demons ?

exactly what I though... ignorant people are going to think, that Shiki is a meaningless horror vampire Anime. But even if this never could happen in reality.... there's so much truth about it, I could cry.

07-25-11, 1:12 AM

damn awesome eps ....feel sorry for those shiki ....

07-26-11, 9:16 PM

Danm, watching this episode totally made me miss the awesomeness of the anime and the amazing bgm. I had to feel bad for Nao though, having to touch that officer butt for so long.

07-28-11, 2:47 PM

HawthorneKitty said:
Danm, watching this episode totally made me miss the awesomeness of the anime and the amazing bgm.

Same here.While watching it I thought:"Maaaan,I soooooooo miss this anime!!!" . And what's more,this whole episode was totally awesome. Filled with madness and brutality xD This Sadafumi guy might become one of my favourites.
HawthorneKitty said:
I had to feel bad for Nao though, having to touch that officer butt for so long.

I lol'ed

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~

08-01-11, 6:25 PM

Wow, I feel so effing bad for poor Nao-san, she hates herself but doesn't want to die, she loved her family but still wanted to kill them to be with her.
Her story is one of those that I believe most people would act the same way upon in this situation, her death was awful, the character that killed the most of them with such brutality, I personally think he was more terrifying than the Shiki themselves~

08-12-11, 2:10 AM

People become suspicious all suddenly. I don't think those two men who just got bitten will become okiagari, but they decided to kill them anyway.

This special is another "shiki"-ish episode for me. Tragic and sad.

08-12-11, 5:04 AM

Too much violence but I'm not complaining. I'm currently using a public computer but if I were at home, I'd definitely cry, especially that scene in the end. T_T

08-14-11, 5:45 AM

-Vid said:
I miss Shiki so much now.;_;

The episode was so amazing, but just nasty and gross too. D: I really felt for the poor Nao.. and the cruelty of the villagers is just so eww.

Really, Shiki just did such an excellent job in showing how evil humans can be, and this special just emphasized it so much better than the real show. Totally rewatching the entire thing soon (most likely after the second special airs).

You think you wouldn't do the same ? Ohh please, don't be so obvious. That is the true nature of humans, we all are predators, we are omnivorous, we kill or eat anything we want. And most importantly the mass always overcomes the minority. If I would be one of the vampires, I wouldn't be with other idiots.

08-30-11, 4:32 PM

This episode was excellent. It totally gave me a throwback to how great Shiki was.

I believe the guy who was staking all of the shiki at the end was trying to put them out of their misery. Since all of the other humans were just going to let them rot in the sun. I love how this episode shows the madness that the humans brought upon themselves.

09-10-11, 2:26 PM

Harubunny said:
This episode was excellent. It totally gave me a throwback to how great Shiki was.

This.
Shiki's too good.

This episode:
Crude, crude, crude, crude, crude, crude, crude...

Harubunny said:

I believe the guy who was staking all of the shiki at the end was trying to put them out of their misery. Since all of the other humans were just going to let them rot in the sun. I love how this episode shows the madness that the humans brought upon themselves.

Yeah, he is a good guy. I almost teared there...

09-19-11, 9:56 PM

Wow, that was a kind of creepy episode and I liked it.

10-18-11, 4:21 AM

The humans were so fixated on taking revenge that they've forgotten everything Toshio had told them. He taught them how to position the stake properly so that the shikis wouldn't have to suffer. And, yet. ;__; And humans only turn into shiki once they've died (which is most likely caused by the blood loss). Killing those two guys who just got "nipped" was just inhumane.

Shikis kill. Humans kill. It's the point where we don't know which side is right anymore. Though you have to admit, the humans really went overboard.

Anyway, this was a very nice special. I teared up at the end when Haesgawa staked the shikis to put them out of their misery. ;~;
[insert awesome signature here]

10-28-11, 2:01 AM

What a little masterpiece of an episode this was. If this OVA was just this one episode, I'd give it a 10/10.

Hopefully the next episode is this good.

11-05-11, 3:34 AM

]
5layer said:
What a little masterpiece of an episode this was. If this OVA was just this one episode, I'd give it a 10/10.

Mainly what I'd like to say as well, amazing episode..!

StormViruz said:
It really portrayed the dark side of human nature.

And yes, this is exactly what it shows...

Damn, I love the moral choices they play around with in this anime! :')
Modified by Arowanna, 11-05-11, 5:47 AM

11-07-11, 5:08 PM

MusashiRose said:
Kinda angered me during the series that we didn't see any feelings/humanity left in the Shiki (All they did was scare people, sneak around, and kill/feed - other than Tohru), and then at the end we're supposed to feel conflicted because all of a sudden they feel scared.

Either way, good show. Go Humans.

This. They were feeding off people for about 18 episodes with no remorse whatsoever, and now we're supposed to feel sorry for them?
Yeah right, hand me a bag of stakes, I'm going in.

The end did get me a little bit, with the bartender showing mercy.

01-01-12, 9:50 PM

gloomheart said:
MusashiRose said:
Kinda angered me during the series that we didn't see any feelings/humanity left in the Shiki (All they did was scare people, sneak around, and kill/feed - other than Tohru), and then at the end we're supposed to feel conflicted because all of a sudden they feel scared.

Either way, good show. Go Humans.

This. They were feeding off people for about 18 episodes with no remorse whatsoever, and now we're supposed to feel sorry for them?
Yeah right, hand me a bag of stakes, I'm going in.

The end did get me a little bit, with the bartender showing mercy.

exactly my thoughts. i rewatched this again and my emotion didnt change. i guess im on the dark side of the human nature. but its moronic to feel sad for shikis who would eat you

awesome anime
"....i am the villain in this story"

02-17-12, 2:40 AM

I cried and had hard time sleeping after watching this at midnight! For a second I thought my heart won't handle all of this. How this ended, I could applaud for Hasegawa for not losing what left of his sanity and humanity.

03-07-12, 8:28 PM

Shadow-Chan said:
I cried and had hard time sleeping after watching this at midnight! For a second I thought my heart won't handle all of this.

Dude I hear you, I'm feeling ALL the emotions right now.

And I'm not sure if this was the correct thing to do, but this episode was labeled 20.5 so I watched it directly after 20 instead of waiting till I finished the series. I don't think I could finish the show right now anyway...might have to pick up something light and fluffy to watch before I can even think of sleeping, haha.

Anyway, this was a fantastic OVA, I guess they didn't really cover this event in the main series? I'm glad we got to see the actual hunt in the pipeline, and framing it in Nao's memories hit me right in the emotions. Hasegawa's decision to save the dying Shiki from their agony was a really powerful move, for while Nao also made the decision to kill a number of people, she did it for her own benefit, while Hasegawa was relieving the suffering of dying people in their final moments. I haven't been too much of a Nao fan, so I was glad to be able to forgive her in the end, through Hasegawa.

06-24-12, 10:14 AM

This episode really showed how humans can act like the shiki themselves only fighting for there survival not caring how many they kill or who they hurt.
Personally this episode gave me the chills

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices