Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 11, 2011 6:49 AM

Oct 2010
a very gory special indeed!!! That dude did the right thing, put them out of their agony...
Jul 23, 2011 1:19 PM
Dec 2010
SailorKagome said:
I cried during this episode, it was too heartwrenching. I think that tying the shikis and leting them get burned by the sun is the most cruel, painful and slow way to kill them. What that Hasegawa guy did was actually the last act of humanity that he could have done towards the shiki, He gave them a quick death, because he knew that it was too cruel to let them agonize like that. in a way, I respect him for that. Just who are actually the real demons ?

exactly what I though... ignorant people are going to think, that Shiki is a meaningless horror vampire Anime. But even if this never could happen in reality.... there's so much truth about it, I could cry.
Jul 25, 2011 1:12 AM

Sep 2009
damn awesome eps ....feel sorry for those shiki ....
Jul 26, 2011 9:16 PM

Sep 2008
Danm, watching this episode totally made me miss the awesomeness of the anime and the amazing bgm. I had to feel bad for Nao though, having to touch that officer butt for so long.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2011 2:47 PM

Feb 2009
HawthorneKitty said:
Danm, watching this episode totally made me miss the awesomeness of the anime and the amazing bgm.

Same here.While watching it I thought:"Maaaan,I soooooooo miss this anime!!!" . And what's more,this whole episode was totally awesome. Filled with madness and brutality xD This Sadafumi guy might become one of my favourites.
HawthorneKitty said:
I had to feel bad for Nao though, having to touch that officer butt for so long.

I lol'ed

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Aug 1, 2011 6:25 PM

Mar 2010
Wow, I feel so effing bad for poor Nao-san, she hates herself but doesn't want to die, she loved her family but still wanted to kill them to be with her.
Her story is one of those that I believe most people would act the same way upon in this situation, her death was awful, the character that killed the most of them with such brutality, I personally think he was more terrifying than the Shiki themselves~

Aug 12, 2011 2:10 AM

May 2008
People become suspicious all suddenly. I don't think those two men who just got bitten will become okiagari, but they decided to kill them anyway.

This special is another "shiki"-ish episode for me. Tragic and sad.
Aug 12, 2011 5:04 AM

May 2010
Too much violence but I'm not complaining. I'm currently using a public computer but if I were at home, I'd definitely cry, especially that scene in the end. T_T
Aug 14, 2011 5:45 AM

Jun 2008
-Vid said:
I miss Shiki so much now.;_;

The episode was so amazing, but just nasty and gross too. D: I really felt for the poor Nao.. and the cruelty of the villagers is just so eww.

Really, Shiki just did such an excellent job in showing how evil humans can be, and this special just emphasized it so much better than the real show. Totally rewatching the entire thing soon (most likely after the second special airs).

You think you wouldn't do the same ? Ohh please, don't be so obvious. That is the true nature of humans, we all are predators, we are omnivorous, we kill or eat anything we want. And most importantly the mass always overcomes the minority. If I would be one of the vampires, I wouldn't be with other idiots.
Aug 30, 2011 4:32 PM

Jan 2009
This episode was excellent. It totally gave me a throwback to how great Shiki was.

I believe the guy who was staking all of the shiki at the end was trying to put them out of their misery. Since all of the other humans were just going to let them rot in the sun. I love how this episode shows the madness that the humans brought upon themselves.
Sep 10, 2011 2:26 PM
Oct 2010
Harubunny said:
This episode was excellent. It totally gave me a throwback to how great Shiki was.

This.
Shiki's too good.

This episode:
Crude, crude, crude, crude, crude, crude, crude...

Harubunny said:

I believe the guy who was staking all of the shiki at the end was trying to put them out of their misery. Since all of the other humans were just going to let them rot in the sun. I love how this episode shows the madness that the humans brought upon themselves.

Yeah, he is a good guy. I almost teared there...

Sep 19, 2011 9:56 PM
Jun 2008
Wow, that was a kind of creepy episode and I liked it.
Oct 18, 2011 4:21 AM

Oct 2010
The humans were so fixated on taking revenge that they've forgotten everything Toshio had told them. He taught them how to position the stake properly so that the shikis wouldn't have to suffer. And, yet. ;__; And humans only turn into shiki once they've died (which is most likely caused by the blood loss). Killing those two guys who just got "nipped" was just inhumane.

Shikis kill. Humans kill. It's the point where we don't know which side is right anymore. Though you have to admit, the humans really went overboard.

Anyway, this was a very nice special. I teared up at the end when Haesgawa staked the shikis to put them out of their misery. ;~;
[insert awesome signature here]
Oct 28, 2011 2:01 AM

Sep 2008
What a little masterpiece of an episode this was. If this OVA was just this one episode, I'd give it a 10/10.

Hopefully the next episode is this good.
Nov 5, 2011 3:34 AM

Nov 2011
]
5layer said:
What a little masterpiece of an episode this was. If this OVA was just this one episode, I'd give it a 10/10.

Mainly what I'd like to say as well, amazing episode..!

StormViruz said:
It really portrayed the dark side of human nature.

And yes, this is exactly what it shows...

Damn, I love the moral choices they play around with in this anime! :')
ArowannaNov 5, 2011 5:47 AM
Nov 7, 2011 5:08 PM

Jun 2008
MusashiRose said:
Kinda angered me during the series that we didn't see any feelings/humanity left in the Shiki (All they did was scare people, sneak around, and kill/feed - other than Tohru), and then at the end we're supposed to feel conflicted because all of a sudden they feel scared.

Either way, good show. Go Humans.

This. They were feeding off people for about 18 episodes with no remorse whatsoever, and now we're supposed to feel sorry for them?
Yeah right, hand me a bag of stakes, I'm going in.

The end did get me a little bit, with the bartender showing mercy.
Jan 1, 2012 9:50 PM
Mar 2011
gloomheart said:
MusashiRose said:
Kinda angered me during the series that we didn't see any feelings/humanity left in the Shiki (All they did was scare people, sneak around, and kill/feed - other than Tohru), and then at the end we're supposed to feel conflicted because all of a sudden they feel scared.

This. They were feeding off people for about 18 episodes with no remorse whatsoever, and now we're supposed to feel sorry for them?

exactly my thoughts. i rewatched this again and my emotion didnt change. i guess im on the dark side of the human nature. but its moronic to feel sad for shikis who would eat you

awesome anime
"....i am the villain in this story"
Feb 17, 2012 2:40 AM
May 2007
I cried and had hard time sleeping after watching this at midnight! For a second I thought my heart won't handle all of this. How this ended, I could applaud for Hasegawa for not losing what left of his sanity and humanity.
Mar 7, 2012 8:28 PM

May 2011
Shadow-Chan said:
I cried and had hard time sleeping after watching this at midnight! For a second I thought my heart won't handle all of this.

Dude I hear you, I'm feeling ALL the emotions right now.

And I'm not sure if this was the correct thing to do, but this episode was labeled 20.5 so I watched it directly after 20 instead of waiting till I finished the series. I don't think I could finish the show right now anyway...might have to pick up something light and fluffy to watch before I can even think of sleeping, haha.

Anyway, this was a fantastic OVA, I guess they didn't really cover this event in the main series? I'm glad we got to see the actual hunt in the pipeline, and framing it in Nao's memories hit me right in the emotions. Hasegawa's decision to save the dying Shiki from their agony was a really powerful move, for while Nao also made the decision to kill a number of people, she did it for her own benefit, while Hasegawa was relieving the suffering of dying people in their final moments. I haven't been too much of a Nao fan, so I was glad to be able to forgive her in the end, through Hasegawa.
Jun 24, 2012 10:14 AM

Nov 2011
This episode really showed how humans can act like the shiki themselves only fighting for there survival not caring how many they kill or who they hurt.
Personally this episode gave me the chills
Aug 1, 2012 2:05 PM

Jul 2009
yay i knew this would be a Nao episode.

really powerful episode, it showed that shiki are human jut a different kind of human with restriction.

they didn't lose any memories, feelings or etc.

they're still the same when they're alive.

makes me sick those bastards were laughing and singing while killing them endlessly.

seriously how fucked up is that?!?!?!

if most of the shiki's have the ability of a "jinrou" i bet these fucking humans won't be laughing now.

i feel sorry for Nao having to suffer like that.

but she did kill her family, but in the end she just wanted happiness for everyone.

i guess somethings are just not gonna happen.

and Hasegawa doing the right thing and just ending it, what's the point of putting them on the sun when the first few people you saw you already killed them.

truly a heartbreaking episode, and this is why i love Shiki.

it evokes our different emotions throughout the episodes.

watching episode 21 now, guess i just played them in order since it was assigned in the aniplex blu ray.

would like to see more Megumi, Kaori, Akira, and maybe Yuuki too :P
Oct 4, 2012 6:33 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Wow, that was intense. Really gripping stuff.

Hasegawa and his wife are probably the only ones left there with a shred of true humanity left.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 4, 2012 1:37 PM

Feb 2012
I'm glad this focused on Nao. I liked her and wondered what the rest of her story was like. Plus, it shows how the rest of he village went about doing away with the Shiki. Looks like there's a Toshiro copy among them, lol.

Sadly, it was a cruel one... The humans really went out of their minds during their war against the Shikis. I'm glad at least some of them were disgusted doing all this. Really, the only ones not showing any remorse were the women.... Even that one female's husband did better than she did with giving the Shiki mercy.

Great episode.
Oct 10, 2012 10:13 PM

Dec 2010
Really great episode. Full of anger, resentment, & pain.

It makes you wonder - who are the real monsters?

Oct 29, 2012 2:27 PM

May 2012
Quite a lot of killing quite a nice special episode!
Nov 25, 2012 12:27 PM

Nov 2011
One of the best episodes of the entire series. Utterly chilling. You never thought you'd feel so bad for the monsters going around murdering people, did ya?

It's so rare for specials like this to be this good.
Dec 6, 2012 5:23 PM

Mar 2012
So many emotions in this episode; one of the best anime eps I have seen in my life. Almost cried when Nao died; even though she killed her family. Those humans prove they are nothing better than the Shiki.
Dec 31, 2012 8:41 PM

Feb 2011
This entire ep really just ripped at my heart. Amazing.
Feb 6, 2013 6:25 PM

Jan 2013
In the top 5 most brutal episodes of an anime i've seen
Feb 26, 2013 12:48 PM

Jan 2012
So powerful and intense. I am simply speechless. Great special.

Jun 30, 2013 4:53 PM

Mar 2010
Wow amazing episode!
so much blood sweat and tears
Jul 6, 2013 2:43 AM

May 2012
This episode is great although it kinda hard for my heart to watch. That ending too almost made me cry.
Jul 14, 2013 4:27 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Onii said:
My goodness, that was insane.
They're all fucking crazy.

Although cruel, I think it would be better if they could just cut the shiki heads off, it would save them a lot less pain than they were going through having stakes hammered into their chest. This was really difficult to watch because of how desperate all the shiki wanted to live, especially the part where the yellow shirt guy said, "I'm next." The part where they were burning from the sunlight was gruesome and makes me nauseous. This special did a great job at portraying how humans are monsters, despite already having the last few episodes do the same thing. Nao's story though, I still don't care much about. Even though she feels remorse for killing her family, it doesn't change the fact that she did...
Jul 30, 2013 2:12 PM

Jan 2012
That was awesome! Extremely cringe worthy at the end
Nov 13, 2013 3:05 PM

Jul 2012
amginex said:
gloomheart said:
MusashiRose said:

exactly my thoughts. i rewatched this again and my emotion didnt change. i guess im on the dark side of the human nature. but its moronic to feel sad for shikis who would eat you

awesome anime

You an d the other guy are ruthless
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Dec 4, 2013 7:24 PM

Mar 2012
gloomheart said:
MusashiRose said:

I'm all for killing them since they deserved it but having them burn to death was a bit too much (plus they killed those two guys just b/c they got bit without a second thought). Felt no sympathy for the vamps since they were ass holes and had it coming but the humans are starting to at like monsters themselves.
Jan 15, 2014 11:43 AM

Jul 2012
xAvengerx said:
gloomheart said:
MusashiRose said:

I'm all for killing them since they deserved it but having them burn to death was a bit too much (plus they killed those two guys just b/c they got bit without a second thought). Felt no sympathy for the vamps since they were ass holes and had it coming but the humans are starting to at like monsters themselves.

Oh yeah and the humans wasn't killing others humans and the humans are the hero's because killing is the only way to live,

Bullshit

The shiki have no other choice but to drink blood of other humans in order to continue living it's no different what we as humans do to other animals to eat in order to live another day,

The shiki didn't do it out of hate or fear it was because they have no choice but to.

If they was mindless monster like those things from dead space or was like zombies that couldn't think for them selfs then I'd under stand but the shiki didn't change In personality or was brain washed, they was told that they was shiki and had to drink blood in order to live or die and everything on this planet does that we eat in order to live,

The humans killed the people in the temple with out trying to have a look if he was there and the only reason the villagers killed them was because they was related to the monk and everyone in the temple was innocent and was murdered by the humans you claim to be hero's and not to mention the humans killed there fellow villagers in the pipes just because they was bitten once,

Also the doctor didn't show any emotion when he was experimenting on his wife when she turned she was begging him to stop and he continued with a poker face hell he didn't even cry or say I'm sorry while doing it to her he didn't even show any remorse when the shiki killed his mother.

Also there was an old man being controlled by he shiki and was told to kill the doctor but failed and was about to be killed by the bearded bastard and the doctor tried to stop them but they killed him for being a spy, not trying to tie him down or nothing.

The shiki are the victims of this series and this series shows us humans are more monster then the actual monsters, hell they was smiling when they let the shiki burn in the sun, yeah hero's with mercy.

We kill our fellow man every day over -

What we look like
Where we come from
Rich or poor
Our cultures
If you Stand out to much you get bullied

So no humans are the villains of the series and this series clearly shows it.

And every human who was killing he shiki are the true monsters

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Mar 23, 2014 12:03 AM

Jan 2013
Imma gonna grab dat ass until it fuckin bleeds.. XD
As usual, Shiki and humans are both equally monsters, separated by a very thin line.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

May 15, 2014 9:52 AM

Feb 2014
One of the only series I can think of where the extra episodes were actually better than the series itself. I almost dropped this show halfway, but I'm glad I didn't because the last few eps + the specials were amazing.
Jul 4, 2014 8:52 PM

Aug 2013
There is a point where the humans become the monsters.
My Candies:
Aug 3, 2014 10:11 AM
May 2014
This episode is probably the most distressing I have ever watched. I love it for that but it shows you that normal people can be the real monsters.

All in all I loved the episode despite the repulsive nature of the townspeople..
Aug 25, 2014 4:00 PM
Jul 2018
Wooaah. What a bloody ep. Loved it!
I don't feel bad for Nao at all, her way of thinking was so fucking absurd. "I'm just gonna go ahead and kill my whole family, hoping they become vampires so we can live together eternally" Wth.
She deserved to die for good.
Sep 22, 2014 10:35 PM

Feb 2013
Nao was one of my favorite characters, so this episode really made me sad.

I just felt so bad for her throughout the whole thing, the whole scene where they were crawling through the pipe lines and then getting stuck and then getting dragged out one by one had me on the edge of my seat. I was hoping Nao would escape somehow but of course she didn't ;-;.

Also tying them up like that and just letting them burn was cruel. I'm really glad that one guy showed them mercy and gave them all quick deaths.

The humans were the real monsters in this ep.

5/5
Oct 3, 2014 3:05 AM

Jul 2012
FlyingComma said:
Wooaah. What a bloody ep. Loved it!
I don't feel bad for Nao at all, her way of thinking was so fucking absurd. "I'm just gonna go ahead and kill my whole family, hoping they become vampires so we can live together eternally" Wth.
She deserved to die for good.

you have no soul

im a shiki supporter

Oct 25, 2014 11:38 AM

Apr 2014
That was intense.

@Preview: Is Seishin a lolicon or what
LOL
I joke.
Nov 11, 2014 10:32 PM

Mar 2012
That was a really intense episode, one of the most intense ones so far.

LOAD said:

LOL
I joke.

You never know he might be considering he went way out of his way to help her.
Nov 14, 2014 5:30 AM

Jul 2012
Shimapan-chan said:
That was a really intense episode, one of the most intense ones so far.

LOAD said:

LOL
I joke.

You never know he might be considering he went way out of his way to help her.

Or maybe the doctor is gay.

Or maybe the monk hated the village from the start

im a shiki supporter

Jan 12, 2015 2:21 AM

Nov 2013
I remember watching these specials after midnight. Fucking horrifying.

Jan 29, 2015 9:43 PM
Oct 2013
Nao's death is really too much ;_;
Feb 15, 2015 3:07 AM

Jul 2012
Sacriven said:
Nao's death is really too much ;_;

Well the humans are bastards

im a shiki supporter

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiki Specials Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 2, 2011

122 by SouthRzVa »»
Dec 23, 2023 2:16 PM

» 9 new specials called Seishin`s Reminiscence?

astra_moon - Oct 8, 2020

3 by frack »»
Oct 29, 2020 4:19 PM

» Shiki Specials Discussion ( 1 2 )

Memphi - Dec 30, 2010

53 by hacker09 »»
Oct 5, 2020 9:54 AM

» Where do these fit?

ronri - Jun 28, 2012

4 by ibraheem234 »»
Nov 18, 2015 3:30 AM

» shiki Original Soundtrack Mini Album Blanc

toons - May 28, 2011

2 by Valentiln »»
Jun 14, 2011 12:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.