MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Shiki Specials Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Shiki Specials »» Shiki Specials Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Shiki Specials Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

132 85.71%
4 out of 5: Liked it

13 8.44%
3 out of 5: It was OK

6 3.90%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

2 1.30%
1 out of 5: Hated it

1 0.65%
Voters: 154

06-14-11, 5:11 PM

That was really brutal. I completely support humans though.

After all each and every shiki there chose their own lives before the lives of their friends and family, just like that boy said to Nao "If you didn't kill them, then you would've died." I don't understand how can a mother choose to kill her own child in order to satisfy her hunger. I just cannot feel sorry for them.

What I didn't like was the crudeness of the men when they tied up the shikis and left them on the sun to die slowly. That is just too cruel. I liked the new couple, they seemed like nice people.

06-14-11, 5:59 PM

EnkoKasumi said:
That was really brutal. I completely support humans though.

After all each and every shiki there chose their own lives before the lives of their friends and family, just like that boy said to Nao "If you didn't kill them, then you would've died." I don't understand how can a mother choose to kill her own child in order to satisfy her hunger. I just cannot feel sorry for them.

What I didn't like was the crudeness of the men when they tied up the shikis and left them on the sun to die slowly. That is just too cruel. I liked the new couple, they seemed like nice people.

She wasn't doing it to satisfy her hunger. She was doing it so that they would become like her. She wanted to be with her family which was impossible since she was a Shiki and they weren't.

Unfortunately for her none of them rose up.

Also the Man from the couple appeared a couple episodes ago.

06-14-11, 7:13 PM

nao got what she deserved and i love how they show all the humans who were originally the victims turn all crazy and ruthless...just more shiki goodness...i wish this show continues 4ever

06-14-11, 7:24 PM

Forgot how good this show is. Definitely gotta re-watch when all the BDs are out.

06-14-11, 8:00 PM

PnkRxPrncss said:
nao got what she deserved and i love how they show all the humans who were originally the victims turn all crazy and ruthless...just more shiki goodness...i wish this show continues 4ever

Black_wind said:
I don´t feel bad for Nao...the bish killed off her whole family and also kicked fellow vampire to face and almost scalped another fellow vampire´s ass(ha:)) so she can survive...As Sirius Black would say:"You should have died! Died rather than betray your friends, as we would have done for you!"
Seriously,i know not everyone can be Ritsuko...but...

Anyway,that was pretty disgusting how they killed the guys just because they were bitten:/

This episode was pretty amazing...i totally miss watching Shiki.

Both of the above. Nao looked crazy-maniacal the whole series (Stalked the doctor...etc) and didn't seem like she was conflicted... whatever.

It was brutal to watch, but they did what they did to survive. I don't endorse some of the torture, but if they don't kill the shiki, the humans are next.

Kinda angered me during the series that we didn't see any feelings/humanity left in the Shiki (All they did was scare people, sneak around, and kill/feed - other than Tohru), and then at the end we're supposed to feel conflicted because all of a sudden they feel scared.

Either way, good show. Go Humans.

06-14-11, 8:07 PM

Those poor, cute vampires. T_T

06-14-11, 8:29 PM

This just blew my mind. Amazing. Most powerful episode I've seen in a long time... I didn't even know what to think half the time, it was sick. Almost started crying near the end.

06-14-11, 9:06 PM

This left me speechless. i cant help but feel sympathy toward the Shiki. this was a really sad episode. definitely one of the best specials ive ever seen. but it was nice to see an episode of one of my favorite horror anime again. cant wait for the next one.
Modified by Hokuto_no_Fuzz, 06-14-11, 9:11 PM

06-14-11, 10:06 PM

i forgot how depressing this show is, my body was not ready ;-;

but finally saw a human i can have a shread of respect for.

06-14-11, 10:10 PM

An extremely emotionally powerful episode, even better than the tv episodes, IMO, I remembered how Berserk last 2 episodes shook me the same way as this episode.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

06-14-11, 10:40 PM

Well I WAS going to go to sleep...

06-14-11, 11:50 PM

God I missed this show so much. The humans pretty much turned into the shiki themselves, if not worse.

06-14-11, 11:55 PM

Wow... That was a rather great episode.

06-15-11, 9:05 AM

Oh how I love the bone chilling music here. Missed it so much. Simply amazing.
And dem killings. Just...I'm speechless.
Breathtaking episode. But where are the main characters?
And the characters hear sound familiar even though they only just appeared here. Any idea who are the seiyuus? I definitely heard Kakihara Tetsuya.

Nao ;____;

06-15-11, 3:19 PM

I think Dean Winchester said it best.

"I'll say it again. Demons I get, people are crazy.... "

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

06-15-11, 4:53 PM

MusashiRose said:
PnkRxPrncss said:

Black_wind said:
I don´t feel bad for Nao...the bish killed off her whole family and also kicked fellow vampire to face and almost scalped another fellow vampire´s ass(ha:)) so she can survive...As Sirius Black would say:"You should have died! Died rather than betray your friends, as we would have done for you!"
Seriously,i know not everyone can be Ritsuko...but...

Anyway,that was pretty disgusting how they killed the guys just because they were bitten:/

This episode was pretty amazing...i totally miss watching Shiki.

Both of the above. Nao looked crazy-maniacal the whole series (Stalked the doctor...etc) and didn't seem like she was conflicted... whatever.

It was brutal to watch, but they did what they did to survive. I don't endorse some of the torture, but if they don't kill the shiki, the humans are next.

Kinda angered me during the series that we didn't see any feelings/humanity left in the Shiki (All they did was scare people, sneak around, and kill/feed - other than Tohru), and then at the end we're supposed to feel conflicted because all of a sudden they feel scared.

Either way, good show. Go Humans.

Wasnt that the mind control?

and also this epsidoe made me cry like a freaking baby loolz...

06-15-11, 6:34 PM

the only thing i would point out is that the humans who are killing the shiki would have killed humans if they had become shiki
and the shiki here would have killed shiki if they were still human,
after all these are all villagers

that and one interesting observation, in the manga it was shown that a shiki disobeying the kirishiki family got tied to a tree and burned to death, here they had the humans doing that

BUT they kept my favorite pipeline moment:
you know how one of the big ways used to make kiiling someone in fiction more "heroic" or "righteous" is "I am avenging my family"
There's munetaka looking down saying "I cant kill Yuzuki-san, he was such a good person and friend to me" and I'm thinking "Mune THATS THE ONE WHO KILLED YOUR SON AND TURNED YOUR BROTHER"
and he'll never know that
Not that Sadofumi (who by the way is another of my manga favorites) cares which shiki killed his loved ones at this point, His father AND his son are already gone and he knows he'll be alone when this is over: he just wants as many of the them to die to make the buzzing in his ear go away.

anyway i heard the last special, which comes out next week and will take longer to sub, will center one of my favorite characters: Motoko
Modified by shadowii, 06-15-11, 8:13 PM

06-15-11, 9:22 PM

Oh man this ova reminded me how epic and horrible are these series >.<

06-15-11, 11:43 PM

It was hard to watch the humans kill the other humans. Getting bitten doesn't make you a Shiki, and no one would even test the theory. They just killed.

As for Nao, it would hurt so bad being stabbed with a rusty pipe like that, dragged along a sewer, then left to burn in the sun. I am glad Hasegawa put most of the Shiki out of their misery.

I feel bad for Nao in that she just wanted a happy peaceful life, but ended up getting a terrible one. She probably thought her family would rise when she killed them, and that they could live together again as Shiki.

06-16-11, 1:46 AM

Good special. There's substance and not just about killing. Emotions and flashbacks were done really well in invoking viewers' understanding of the charas and the story. Here, we also got to see how cruel human can be to save themselves. Even though having no more stakes to use against the shikis, slow death under sun is sure cruel. I like the couples from the cafe. The husband killed the shiki from further torture.

Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices