MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Download or Stream?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Download or Stream?

Pages (27) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Stream or Download?
Download

499 68.17%
Stream

233 31.83%
Voters: 732

06-01-11, 4:41 PM

Since downloads are usually of better quality than streams, i download.

06-01-11, 4:42 PM

No poll options for buying, renting, borrowing from friends, or watching on TV?
Infinite Stratos > Breaking Bad

06-01-11, 4:50 PM

I download things that aren't currently airing , and anything that i think would cause an orgasm if i seen it in 1080p HD .

If its airing , i stream it.

OVAs/Specials + movies = download.

06-01-11, 5:36 PM

Almost only stream. Would've found it annoying to constantly be downloading anime, slowing down my Internet just so it can be deleted a couple of days or hours later to make room for the incoming anime. So I rather have a little lower quality stream that I can watch whenever I feel like it.

06-01-11, 5:40 PM

Download obvs obvs obvs, my eyes fall out if I stream.

06-01-11, 6:01 PM

If an anime is available for streaming on the legitimate sites like CR or Funimation then I shall always watch it there first. I also get a good amount of my anime over netflix.

For anything else I download.

06-01-11, 6:15 PM

Zalis said:

Sorry buddy, that wasn't the question.

06-02-11, 5:08 AM

I stream because it's more convenient for me...

06-02-11, 5:54 AM

I love my computer, but it's not exactly new anymore. I have a tendency to hoard things, so I'm afraid if I started downloading, instead of deleting a series when I'm done I'll be like, "D: But what if I want to watch it again!" and before you know it series have piled up, things slow down, computer bursts into flames. That's bad.

If you know where to look, quality isn't always an issue. Besides if I love a series enough I'll just buy it and enjoy it in high quality forever and ever.

06-02-11, 6:06 AM

download :D
since i can watch 'em anytime i want

06-02-11, 6:36 AM

Download probably 99% of the time. I like to be able to watch whenever and not have to worry about a crappy internet connection interrupting my episode.
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/angelfire892&sclick=1">[img]http://myanimelist.net/signature/angelfire892.png" border="0[/img]
Being sane is over rated :)

06-02-11, 7:12 AM

I stream exclusively.

One, I can watch legal streams of anime on sites like Crunchyroll or Funimation. And even if they did offer downloading services (I believe one legal streaming website did, at one point, offer a Download to Own option or some such thing) I'd stream the episode anyway. Why?

Streaming is convenient. I don't want to search through websites and wait to download the episode. I'm going to go find the episode on a website and stream it. It requires less action of my lazy self. Plus, with weekly released series, I'd have to go through the downloading process at least once a week. Why would this annoy me?

Because downloading is useless for me. I rarely ever rewatch series and the ones I do are the series I or a friend own on DVD. The point of downloading is usually so that you can watch them over and over again. I wouldn't do that. I watch and episode once and am done with it. So even if I did download something I would delete it afterwards. Streaming takes less effort because I can watch it once, leave the website, and go do something else.

Also, quality isn't an issue. As long as I can understand what's going on I don't care about watermarks or some such thing. I'm an anime fan that's easily pleased.

06-02-11, 7:39 AM

The only time I stream is when I can't find a good enough torrent for a random short special or something.

06-02-11, 7:56 AM

I stream, since my parents don't allow any sort of downloading besides music and installations. I'm not a quality freak either, so if a site has the anime I'm looking for, I'll just end up watching there, and sometimes the quality isn't really that terrible, so I can tolerate it for 20+ minutes.

Unless it's a prolonging series like Bleach, that's when I buy the DVDs.

06-02-11, 7:57 AM

Always download.

The bigger the resolution and quality, the better!
Anything less than 720p bugs me to no end, sadly.

06-02-11, 8:33 AM

Download, you can rewatch without the time consuming buffering hassle.
If one has a connection of 128 kbps, then he shall suffer long time buffering but with a total download, he can go left and right and even do intensive reviews by the manipulation of the time bars.

06-02-11, 8:55 AM

Stream if I can't find the download. but other then that the Download, for BD quality, with great resolution, and no load times when I am watching.
http://shintai88.deviantart.com/ Just some of my artwork (Total Noob Btw)

06-02-11, 8:57 AM

Zalis said:

Of course not! That would be supporting the industry we wouldn't want that now ;)

/sarcasm

06-02-11, 9:44 AM

BlitzFreeze said:
Almost only stream. Would've found it annoying to constantly be downloading anime, slowing down my Internet just so it can be deleted a couple of days or hours later to make room for the incoming anime. So I rather have a little lower quality stream that I can watch whenever I feel like it.

I can find high quality streams even 1080p raws but I have to wait 3-5 days for them, it's the reason I delay watching any ongoing Precure series until then since I can get 720p at the least if I wait 3-5 days if even that (I've seen them within 6 hours of the LQ).

06-02-11, 12:27 PM

Fuzzhx said:
download mostly. i rarely stream anymore. for a number of reasons:
-i have unlimited bandwidth
-i have a decent amount of space on my hard drive and only keep some of my favorites.
-im a quality freak
-since i watch my anime on my tv the quality matters even more.
-i like using my own media player (click anywhere on screen/spacebar to pause, press a key to rewind 5 secs incase i missed some subtitles, turn the subs on or off if i want a screenshot etc.)

My reasons for downloading are exactly the same.
But at my dorm I do stream because they blokked torrents

Pages (27) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices