MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Download or Stream?
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Download or Stream?

Pages (27) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Stream or Download?
Download

499 68.17%
Stream

233 31.83%
Voters: 732

05-31-11, 2:39 PM

Do you download or stream your anime? I prefer to stream it over the internet rather than downloading it. Mostly because they can be gigs of data and i don't like wasting space. Though I've talked to people that refuse to watch anime over the internet, which do you prefer?

This thread likely already happened, but I didn't see it and search is disabled so moving on.

05-31-11, 2:45 PM

download mostly. i rarely stream anymore. for a number of reasons:
-i have unlimited bandwidth
-i have a decent amount of space on my hard drive and only keep some of my favorites.
-im a quality freak
-since i watch my anime on my tv the quality matters even more.
-i like using my own media player (click anywhere on screen/spacebar to pause, press a key to rewind 5 secs incase i missed some subtitles, turn the subs on or off if i want a screenshot etc.)

05-31-11, 2:56 PM

I do both. I download anime that I really like (generally everything that I have rated a 9 or 10 and some 8s), and I also download some stuff that I plan to watch if I have relatively high expectations for it (I delete it if it doesn't meet them though). The stuff I stream is the airing stuff, some of which get downloaded as well if I like them enough, and I also stream stuff that I feel is worth watching but not worth rewatching ever. Hopefully I'll be able to get a 1tb hard drive soon.
私のホバークラフトは鰻でいっぱいです

05-31-11, 3:18 PM

Don't see the need to stream if I can just download and watch it in high quality. Even with bandwidth limitation I doubt the stream is so much more efficient. I delete episodes afterwards unless they qualify for a rewatch.

05-31-11, 3:34 PM

I do both. I download if something really interests me or if its a short series or a movie. And I stream everything else.

05-31-11, 3:37 PM

I stream most of it but I download the stuff I rate as my favourites.

05-31-11, 4:04 PM

I do both depending on availability and whatnot. Mostly download.

05-31-11, 4:09 PM

I download blah blah better quality blah blah hard drives are cheap bla blah bah...

05-31-11, 4:12 PM

Download because I can choose when I want to watch it. Sometimes I stream especially if it's a short episode.

05-31-11, 4:19 PM

Mmmmm download y stream. Symply, no internet conection on mi house. Depend on pc.

Download is practic.

Sorry I am no understand english languaje.

05-31-11, 4:21 PM

I prefer download anime. But sometimes I stream some of the animes I watch and if they're good I download them, for example, I saw madoka on stream and becouse I liked it I download.

05-31-11, 4:37 PM

mostly download. though I only save the ones I like, I buy them if its available in my area. I do stream from time to time to look at previews.

05-31-11, 4:45 PM

I mostly watch my anime on streaming.
Downloading happens only with my precious favorite series, those which I never get tired of watching, so I actually want to keep them.

05-31-11, 5:29 PM

I got this wonderful 2 TB external hard drive for $60 during a holiday sale, so I have plenty of space to store and re-watch every anime that I want. Playback issues are almost non-existent and can be fixed with ease. Only when I cannot download a series that I want to watch do I look for a stream of that series (e.g. Neon Genesis Evangelion).

05-31-11, 5:32 PM

I watch streaming, cause I really don't have the option of downloading. Too much space wasted. Though waiting for the stream on this slow DSL net really bothers me. lol

05-31-11, 5:34 PM

It's usually been streaming but lately I've been going more towards downloading. But when I finish the series I often delete it, basically, as if I had streamed it in the first place.

The only time nowadays I stream, is if downloading and playback would be rather inconvenient. My laptop is basically on it's last leg, so any anime with really good quality, does not play back at 100% capacity. So while decent quality downloads are usually fine, if it's something high-quality like Madoka is (as all the downloads are usually really high resolution), I have to stream it because it lags so much it's fatal, basically.

05-31-11, 5:40 PM

When I first started watching anime, I usually prefer streaming. After i brought my external hard drive, downloading seems to be a better choice for now.

05-31-11, 5:53 PM

I like seeing an anime in its full visual beauty, so I'm going with Download on here - as streaming just is that much less reliable, and most stream websites watermark their videos from what I've seen.
I also don't like dealing with ads or having to switch between videos while streaming.

05-31-11, 5:55 PM

Download, always. But I download everything. 4TB helps... ^_^

05-31-11, 5:55 PM

Download mostly.

The only things I stream are long running shows (Naruto, Fairy Tail, etc) or airing shows that I'm not that crazy about and it's easier to just stream (Dog Days is an example). I will always download completed shows though, it's nice to have them at the snap of a finger whenever you feel like watching, instead of having to search for streams, wait for it to load, etc with shit quality.

Pages (27) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices