MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Steins;Gate Episode 9 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Steins;Gate »» Steins;Gate Episode 9 Discussion

Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Steins;Gate Episode 9 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

402 89.33%
4 out of 5: Liked it

38 8.44%
3 out of 5: It was OK

6 1.33%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

1 0.22%
1 out of 5: Hated it

3 0.67%
Voters: 450

05-31-11, 11:26 PM

4/5

Okarin is stupid or something?
why didn't you derive the information about the computer from Feyris before sending her D-mail?
and that to 10years ago....

05-31-11, 11:41 PM

yeah , okarin was really careless.

05-31-11, 11:46 PM

AlexTrusk said:
I've been wondering, what about our present Akihabara? Is there someone that owns it all?..

Real Akihabara is one of the biggest anime/otaku town on the earth but now, it's quite normal Electric Town.

And Feyris' family is a greatest landowner of Akihabara.

06-01-11, 12:06 AM

Wait! Feyris' family exists in reality?.. And owns Akihabara?..
Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse

06-01-11, 12:19 AM

Alright ill throw this observation out there for those who want to take a stab at understanding what Feyris' message was about:

Notice that the group are greeted by Feyris' butler. After the timewarp, we see Feyris' dad in the room now. Before the timewarp, where was he? Was he always in the house or was he somewhere else?

Feyris' family owns all of the land right? She's the one that made it moe-town right? So why the sudden ordinary looking town after the timewarp in which we see her dad?

Ill just leave it at that.

06-01-11, 12:49 AM

Interesting episode.

06-01-11, 1:02 AM

stevewiess01 said:
Has anyone noticed

-Death Note: "Keikaku Doori..." from Houma (voiced by the same actor Miyano Mamoru XD), "Koitsu, Hayaku Nanto ka Shinaito...(That bastard, if I don't do something...)" from Kurisu
-Castle in the Sky (Laputa): "Those humans below are nothing more than trash!" from Houma

references in this episode? I thought they were certainly nice additions to the script. :)

Not a first time.

In one of previous episodes, Okarin practically roleplays Lelouch for a few minutes, hand movements and all :)

Pretty much everything in this show, from science, to locations and events, to references to anime and other things - based on the real world stuff :)

06-01-11, 1:44 AM

Fai said:
Pretty much everything in this show, from science, to locations and events, to references to anime and other things - based on the real world stuff :)

What about Akiha Rumiko? Does she have a real-life prototype?..
Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse

06-01-11, 2:29 AM

AlexTrusk said:
Fai said:

What about Akiha Rumiko? Does she have a real-life prototype?..

http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/25744/History+of+Akihabara.html

ALso
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_Toranoana

Tora No Ana is one of the the most important purely moe/anime-centric things in akihabara. It started in in 1996 and latter on expanded while shifting the focus of marketing and their own shops into akihabara.

Basically Akihabara started as electronics town, but as those stuff like tora no ana opened up, the landowners saw profit and began to sell their properties to various newly founded companies who specialize in the whole anime-stuff business. Thus it slowly converted entire town into that, which led to creation of maid caffes and other things.

The BIG push towards animecentric town was in 2000(and steins gate is set in 2010). Computer stores and other things like that were failing and going bankrupt and would sell their properties and everything to whoever wants to buy them and anime/moe-stuff would eventually open up in their place.

(in-anime) Whatever Ferris sent to past, she sent to 2000(10 years before 2010) and that somehow changed how the town develops, instead driving the otaku-centered business companies to somewhere else in japan.

There might not be the exact person named Akiha Rumiko but there ARE three(or was it two) big owners of akihabara with their families.

06-01-11, 2:53 AM

Shit just got real.

I have no comment.

hi

06-01-11, 3:00 AM

This is getting better and better! :D

But can't he just send a message back in time for those people to ignore the first one?

06-01-11, 3:27 AM

soldieroH said:

But can't he just send a message back in time for those people to ignore the first one?

But he has no idea what that would change..

Its like taking a small metal ball and throwing it through your window - it might hit the ground,
or it might hit the car,
or it might hit the car, bounce from the car, roll through street, get thrown by some kid and hit a random man on the head, killing him.

or it might hit the car, bounce from the car, roll through street, get thrown by some kid and hit a random man on the head, killing him and then that man is not in the nuclear power plant where he works and since he is not here, he is not here to stop the nuclear meltdown from taking place and nuclear plant pretty much chernobyl-ing the entire town of yours.

one simple change can result in very huge and grave things no one even expected it would. Its the "laws" and science on which our entire universe is based on actually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory

06-01-11, 3:32 AM

Fai said:
stevewiess01 said:
Has anyone noticed

-Death Note: "Keikaku Doori..." from Houma (voiced by the same actor Miyano Mamoru XD), "Koitsu, Hayaku Nanto ka Shinaito...(That bastard, if I don't do something...)" from Kurisu
-Castle in the Sky (Laputa): "Those humans below are nothing more than trash!" from Houma

references in this episode? I thought they were certainly nice additions to the script. :)

Not a first time.

In one of previous episodes, Okarin practically roleplays Lelouch for a few minutes, hand movements and all :)

You realize that Lelouche and Okarin have different voice actors?

06-01-11, 3:38 AM

coolxal said:
Fai said:
stevewiess01 said:
Has anyone noticed

Not a first time.

You realize that Lelouche and Okarin have different voice actors?

And so does Domon and Okarin, and so do others. That does not make it impossible for Okarin to reference those anime series, since they exist in their world too :)

Oh and also , Steins;Gate referencing stuff has nothing to do with voice actors. :) The show constantly references things like back to future, ghibli movies, various famous anime and various famous mangaka, as well as other things.

AS I said before - 99% of this show is based on real world facts, events, places, etc. :)

06-01-11, 5:04 AM

STM said:
Oh shi-
Okarin, you'd better stop sending D-mails, or you might make Akiba disappear completely.

Kurisu crying was nice, and I thought what Okarin said to her was also great. Her response was also incredibly funny when Okarin started "calling" his buddies (or w/e his imaginary friends are) saying she fell right into his trap.

Anyway, MUST HAVE NEXT EPISODE NOW. This is getting too intense.

And Ruka confirmed for a girl, she wore a female school uniform.

This.

06-01-11, 5:10 AM

Some rather shocking developments indeed :) I cannot imagine Okabe's shock discovering all moe is gone from Akiba ;D

06-01-11, 5:18 AM

AS I said before - 99% of this show is based on real world facts, events, places, etc. :)

Maybe 1 % is the difference between M and N.

06-01-11, 5:34 AM

Wow, so intense! Before D-mail was sent Feyris father wasn't at home. Maybe Feyris did something 10 years ago to anger her father (and that has to do something with moe culture) and with D-mail she changed that. But damn, with each D-mail that IBN is getting more far away. :/

06-01-11, 6:21 AM

dang Akihabara is not the otaku capital anymore

06-01-11, 6:38 AM

NOOOO i liked that toranoana store

Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices