Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 30, 2011 6:55 AM

Apr 2011
I'm curious what everyone is watching or has watched in the past. I suppose we could have 2 seperate threads, one for what you're watching now, and your favorite shows from the past. For now we'll just include both in this thread since some people don't have time to watch much TV now, but have favorite shows from the past. Also, feel free to include any American animated shows.

I used to watch a lot more TV. Right now I'm mostly watching comedy such as Conan, stand up, sitcoms such as My Boys, 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation. I also watched That 70s Show and Scrubs. Simpsons, Futurama, and Venture Bros are animated shows I like.

I don't watch much drama anymore because it stresses me out too much. I used to watch a lot of murder mysteries such as Psych, Castle, and Law and Order. I also like Dr. Who and used to watch Firefly, Hex, and Battlestar Gallactica (I grew tired of Battlestar towards the end though, I'm glad they ended it when they did). I also used to watch politics and The Daily Show/Colbert Report.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 30, 2011 7:28 AM

Aug 2010
I hardly watch any tv
TV turns on only to watch Formula 1 race LOL

shows that I have loved in the past are:
Charmed
Birds of prey
Witchblade(the live action series not the animation)
Heroes
Smallville
Xena, the warrior princess

other than those shows (that were all aired on TV) I watch J-Drama's
Currently watching the still running second season of Boss, Boss2

in the past I have watched some greek TVseries too.
(ง`▽´)ง
May 30, 2011 9:50 AM

Jun 2010
3 words. Big Bang Theory.
May 30, 2011 10:01 AM

Apr 2011
To tell you the truth, I very seldom watch TV. Even if I do so, I watch documentaries on nature, animals ans some political and economical programmes. I am not interested in TV shows or American films. I read, surf the net or watch animes instead.
May 30, 2011 11:59 AM

Jun 2010
I don't watch TV either. I download the shows and watch them on the pc. :P
May 30, 2011 12:14 PM

May 2011
I love watching TV shows. We don't have cable/satellite/whatever, but we do have an outrageous number of DVDs. Even if we're not actually watching whatever's on the screen, it's there for background noise. So my favorites list is pretty much anything I'm willing to buy...
Bones, Charmed, CSI, ER, Firefly, Heroes, House, Lost, M*A*S*H, NCIS, Smallville, Star Trek (both the original series and TNG), and Stargate SG1 & Atlantis. I like Monk, Law & Order, and Battlestar Galactica too, but I don't have them on DVD. I *kind of* like Grey's Anatomy (aka Sex in a Hospital (lol)) but there's a lot of crazy drama in there. Sometimes I like sitcom-type stuff like King of Queens, Friends, and Everybody Loves Raymond, but I get tired of pointless comedy sometimes.

@Leonteus, I d/l them too, but I got a cable so I can display my computer on the TV. I like it a lot better that way, personally. ^_^
May 30, 2011 12:19 PM

Jan 2011
in the past, when i watched more tv i would watch:
the simpsons
king of the hill
freaks and geeks (love it)
anything history channel or history docs
and...more if i could think of it

now it's pretty much anime and history stuff and sports.
May 31, 2011 11:11 PM

Feb 2009
i watch a lot of showtime shows dexter, spartacus, californication RIP :( and just starting the tudors on netflix. now im watching Game of Thrones which is awesome BTW if your a man watch that and spartacus you wont be dissapointed.
Jun 1, 2011 7:16 AM

Jan 2011
Corsair857 said:
i watch a lot of showtime shows dexter, spartacus, californication RIP :( and just starting the tudors on netflix. now im watching Game of Thrones which is awesome BTW if your a man watch that and spartacus you wont be dissapointed.

i've seen some of dexter and liked it, and have wanted to see the rest of those, just haven't got around to it yet.

i forgot to mention flight of the conchords (esp seas 1) and mad men
Jun 1, 2011 9:50 AM

Feb 2009
yeah Dexter is a great show bought the first 4 seasons on bluray. i forgot that spartacus is a starz series not showtime. and game of thrones is HBO. I also just bought childrens hospital seasons 1-2 so ill be watching that soon too.
Jun 1, 2011 9:59 AM

May 2011
I'd like to watch Game of Thrones but we don't have cable/satellite so I'd have to download it, and honestly I'm out of space on my hard drives. >_< (Too much anime... If that's even possible.)
Jun 1, 2011 10:12 AM

Feb 2009
if i could i would just give you one of my TB hard drives. if you got netflix spartacus was on it last i saw so check it out
Jun 1, 2011 10:50 AM

May 2011
I actually haven't watched any of spartacus yet but everything I've heard about it has been good, so I'll probably check it out later on.

I have almost 2.5 TB of space, and it's full of anime & TV shows lol
Jun 1, 2011 1:34 PM

Dec 2008
I don't watch a lot of TV anymore - I used to a couple of years ago, when I had more time, but I definitely haven't watched anything in bulk recently.

I like GSN (Game Show Network) - I like a lot of old time game shows, but some of the newer ones can be fun, like Baggage (only I hate the studio audience being so obnoxious) or Drew Carey's Improvaganza (it's like the new Who's Line is It Anyway).

I'm fond of 24, though I haven't seen the last season and I can't wait for the final movie. I think I might actually try and go with the hardcore fans at a midnight showing when it gets released. But I should definitely finish the last season first. :P

I watched an episode or two of Dexter (I currently have borrowed the first season from a coworker and have had it for months, just never finishing it) but I like what I saw...

Otherwise I mostly watch western animation when I watch TV. Either Boomerang with old Cartoon Cartoons and Tom and Jerry and Jetsons and stuff. Good times, there. I really like all the old cartoons. I've been kind of avoiding Cartoon Network as a pathetic version of a mini boycott since they have started showing more and more of live action stuff - even on adult swim! - so I can't say I keep up with the latest cartoons over there. I do want to sink some more time into Chowder and Adventure Time, since I've heard they were at least decent compared to some of the other stuff. It's just cartoons is what made Cartoon Network so unique, you know? Now they're competing with the Disney Channel and Nickelodeon so they've become one of their knockoffs and it's boring and I hate it. And now I'm ranting, like everyone else, "OMG THEY CHANGED IT RAWR RAWR RAWR" but everything changes and yet everything was better in the good ol' days but whatever. :P

I do like Nicktoons Network, though. I just miss Kappa Mikey. Haven't seen that in forever. But most of their cartoons are okay, though I don't watch much Spongebob anymore...

And otherwise I watch the Weather Channel or a random episode of Family Guy or American Dad or Futurama or Daily Show or Colbert Report or Law and Order: SVU. I do try to keep up with the latest episodes of South Park, though. And some Funimation Channel when I'm in the mood. But usually when I sit down to watch TV, it doesn't include anime.
Aug 29, 2011 7:39 AM

Apr 2011
I found an old promo to the show Hex. It got cancelled after the second season, but it's worth checking out. It was a British show that took place at a high school where some of the students battled demons that had taken human form.

Aug 29, 2011 7:48 AM

Aug 2011
In the past few years I have watched only a handfull of regular tv-shows.

Two and a half men
House, as Hugh Laurie has always been great even back in the old days (Jeeves and Wooster / Black Adder).
Californication
Breaking Bad (Bryan Cranston is an awesome actor)
Aug 29, 2011 7:54 AM

Aug 2010
Favourites :

Buffy The Vampire Slayer ( the best ever!!)
Heroes
Xena
House
South Park
Skins (UK)

I don't watch much tv nowadays since there's barely any good shows airing.

Aug 29, 2011 8:03 AM

Apr 2011
@Lumikki

You should check out Hex, it's similar to Buffy in certain ways
Aug 29, 2011 8:16 AM

Jan 2011
have you watched Louie on FX lotus? i know you like Louis CK and we have similar comedian tastes, so if you haven't seen it, you should, it's fantastic
Aug 29, 2011 8:22 AM

Nov 2010
Hm hm...

Big Bang Theory, Mythbusters...

South Park? xD

I love watching Alarm 112 too (would be same as 911 i guess)

hmm... X files, CSI, Special Victims Unit, The Cleaner

and so on... xD i love TV... :P a shame i dont got that many channels at my appartment ^^'

Ohh yeah Buffy is great too :D
Aug 29, 2011 8:48 AM

Apr 2011
billmurderface said:
have you watched Louie on FX lotus? i know you like Louis CK and we have similar comedian tastes, so if you haven't seen it, you should, it's fantastic

I like louie CK although he's not one of my favorites. Is it a sitcom, or what's it about?
Aug 29, 2011 8:53 AM

Jan 2011
@lotus

think of it more like Curb Your Enthusiasm than a sitcom. but he's at his neurotic best. even if you're not a huge Louis CK fan, the show is amazing. it's not just funny but very poignant as well.
Aug 29, 2011 9:33 AM

Aug 2011
I have quite a few I like...
Breaking Bad: Who would have thought Chemistry could be this intense?
True Blood: Love them Vampires, Eric being a hot blond with killer moves.
Dexter: My favorite serial killer with a warped heart of justice gold.
Fringe: Great SciFi with a character who loves sweets and has a great black sense of humor.
The Big C: a humorous look at cancer, still, bittersweet/sad.
Spartacus: Sex, sand, blood, betrayal and more sex...gladiator style.
Hung: What can a guy do if teaching ain't paying enough? Why he uses his "gifts."
And last but not least?
Game of Thrones...great characters! Lots of fantasy and drama and family quarrels for the throne set to rule them all.
Anyway, aside from work and play and anime...these are my faves. ^^
Aug 29, 2011 10:14 AM

Feb 2009
totally forgot walking dead what the hell was i thinking!!! cant wait for season 2 of that and spartacus season 2ish starts soon i think.

OH SNAP! october dexter season 6
Aug 29, 2011 10:21 AM

Apr 2011
I'm a simpsons fanatic

other than that, i do watch dexter, south park, californication, a bunch of other stuff too
Aug 29, 2011 1:30 PM

Apr 2011
bbmello said:
I'm a simpsons fanatic

I used to watch the show regularly since probably 1997 if not earlier, but I haven't seen the last few seasons
Aug 29, 2011 1:50 PM

Jan 2010
I don't have time for TV anymore with watching a bunch of anime and Asian TV drama's. This past week when the hurricane was coming our way. I actually went through all the channels. Felt very unfamiliar and weird. Haven't watched any TV show for over a year or more.
Aug 29, 2011 1:55 PM

Feb 2009
i have free basic cable but its not even hooked up to my TV to give you all an idea of how much i care about regular television shows
Aug 29, 2011 2:18 PM

Apr 2011
Himari_Chan said:
I don't have time for TV anymore with watching a bunch of anime and Asian TV drama's. This past week when the hurricane was coming our way. I actually went through all the channels. Felt very unfamiliar and weird. Haven't watched any TV show for over a year or more.
Corsair857 said:
i have free basic cable but its not even hooked up to my TV to give you all an idea of how much i care about regular television shows

Yeah, I cancelled my cable about a month or two ago. No point in paying when there's only one or two shows I like watching. It's sort of a rip off
Aug 29, 2011 2:27 PM

Aug 2011
I download my shows from the various torrent sites I visit. Never had any problems with the sites (i.e. viruses and whatnot)...not a TV watcher either.
Dec 6, 2011 11:16 AM
Jul 2018
House M.D.

Although I preferred it when it was more medicine related, you know, the first seasons...
Dec 6, 2011 12:35 PM

Apr 2009
i love animation,i watch :
South park
Family guy
metalapocalypse
Drawn Together
ugly americans
super jail
The Life & Times of Tim
Not animation would be :
oz
the sopranos
californication
six feet under
game of thrones....
AA and japanese live-action tv series.....
well and i like documentary tv shows like Louis Theroux - he's awesome! :D
MigleaDec 6, 2011 12:42 PM
Dec 27, 2011 12:21 PM

Aug 2011
Man vs Food...and nfl network are pretty much all the non anime i watch anymore
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/GregRocks&sclick=1">

"Gravity is just a myth. Jon Fitch is holding everything down. He's like the opposite of Atlas, he's got the world under his shoulder."
Sep 6, 2014 10:57 AM
Jun 2013
Arrow
How I Met Your Mother
Sep 6, 2014 11:36 AM

Aug 2013
true detective
House of cards
Sep 6, 2014 1:13 PM

Jan 2009
Arrow is the shit
Sep 26, 2014 4:08 AM

Jan 2009
I haven't watched loads of TV shows, but I'm gradually working on watching more since I started using trakt.

Six Feet Under I used to watch when it was on TV (think it used to be on Channel 4). It's a great show that has some emotive moments and dark humour.

Two cancelled shows I enjoyed a whole bunch are Freaks and Geeks and My So-Called Life, really nice character interactions and relatable realism to them.

Other ones I've watched or have been watching that interest me are Orphan Black, Game of Thrones and Hannibal.
Sep 26, 2014 2:41 PM

Nov 2008
Every now and then I'll watch the Simpsons or South Park. That's pretty much it though, I've never been too big on TV.
I used to like watching Code Lyoko when that was airing though. But that was forever ago.
Sep 27, 2014 11:43 AM

Feb 2014
Vikings
Dominion
Gang Related
Grimm
Arrow

Just to name a few off the top of my head.
Sep 27, 2014 1:01 PM

Jun 2014
These are the shows that I'm currently watching:
Season 2 of Sleepy Hollow <3
Strained
Orphan Black

.... I still need to finish watching Season 4 of Game of Thrones XD
starrinxSep 27, 2014 1:38 PM
"I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good"

Sep 27, 2014 1:36 PM

Jan 2009
when you say Strained, do you mean The Strain? or is that another show? cause the Strain is really awesome but I basically don't know anyone else watching it
Sep 27, 2014 1:41 PM

Jun 2014
zodac said:
when you say Strained, do you mean The Strain? or is that another show? cause the Strain is really awesome but I basically don't know anyone else watching it

yeah, the strain. XD idk why, but i'm used to typing strained. haha

Sep 27, 2014 1:43 PM

Jan 2009
syiahxity said:

Sep 27, 2014 2:00 PM

Feb 2014
zodac said:

I'm watching The Strain. I started it a few days ago and just watched the newest episode yesterday.

It's really good. I just wish the Master didn't look so damned ugly LOL.
Sep 27, 2014 2:48 PM

Jun 2014
Codydoc said:
zodac said:

I'm watching The Strain. I started it a few days ago and just watched the newest episode yesterday.

It's really good. I just wish the Master didn't look so damned ugly LOL.

I can't wait for the new episode tomorrow. :D

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Hi!I am... :) ~ Introductions ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Mar 12, 2011

5705 by tamilanime »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.