Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 29, 2011 3:05 PM

Mar 2009
You can recommend sci-fi anime. You can write a little bit why you recommend the anime.
I will update the start post.

~ A ~

Ai no Kusabi (JusticeUndone) - it's yaoi, so hope there's no prob with that.
It's a 2 episode OVA, but it has the whole sci-fi feeling in it.

Akira (metamorphius)- love it or hate it, there's no denying it's a classic, a classic that introduced many Western fans to the world of anime. Highly symbolical, very gory and with incredible animation (especially considering it was made in 1988), Akira's a must see for any sci-fi anime fan.

Appleseed (Nekro-Nin) - The movies Appleseed (2004) and Ex Machina are well maded. The story is fine, but the animation and action are damn cool. The CGI animation can easily keep up with Final Fantasy VII.

Arc the Lad (StaticNekoX) - It's random.

Armitage III (GregRocks)

~ B ~

Blassreiter (r3yn) - It's random.

Blue Gender (Sukunai) - It's random.

Bokurano (FuchursRvng) - In a lot of points its similiar to NGE...not as good as NGE in my opinion but Im sure its worthy to be in this list. (Nekro-Nin) - Kids, who are inexperience in many aspect, learn how terrible our world is and they try to protect their world. The anime shows paradoxical saving of our horrible world, which is not worse to save.

Boogiepop Phantom (Catpaw) - A good show with great atmosphere; difficult to understand completely without knowing the story from the other media. Recommended for those ready to grab and read the novels, or those who can anjoy something even without comprehending it totally.

Bt'X (r3yn) - It's random.

~ C ~

Casshern Sins (makazeharuka) - I watched first 12 episodes yesterday and I'm going to watch the rest today, I really have no words to describe it, it is the kind of anime that leaves you speechless. (Nekro-Nin) - The show is about Casshern, who goes through a nearly died desert. The only thing I remember is Cassssshern. Yeah, the story is easy and kida boring *snoring*

~ D ~

Dennou Coil (Nekro-Nin) - If glasses, which you can see virtual stuff in your real environment, exists, everbody want to be a four-eye in no time. The show is about kid with glasses. They want to discover the virtual world and they hope to reborn the death by using virtual technologies.

~ E ~

Ergo Proxy (Nekro-Nin) - It's about god and the world. It pose some interesting question about the function and existence of god. For example: Human create robots, because human aren't perfect. God create humans, because he isn't perfect?

Eve no Jikan (Nibchan) - Time of Eve is short but it's really good. If you haven't already check that one out (billmurderface) - sci-fi slice of life type, questioning differences between us all and how things can be just a matter of perception

~ F ~

FLCL - 6 episodes of fast paced craziness

~ G ~

GitS (Nekro-Nin) - The show criticizes the human society in many aspects. Imagine you've a brain-chip, which can be hacked. So it's easier for criminal to control your mind and bring you to do stuff, waht you don't want to do - like commit a crime. RThe anime express our modern society well and has a good action. I prefer the movies and GitS 2nd GIG.

Gintama (Nekro-Nin) - In my opinion it's not really sci-fi, but yeah ... It's parody of animes and japanese life style. If you know many animes, this show is worse to watch.

Gungrave (Nekro-Nin) - The anime is a bitter tale of revenge. Be betrayed by friends, who you called family, take you to grave. You will see many actions, good emotional story and the cleverness of a guy, who becomes the big boss.

~ H ~

.hack//Sign (Lotus97) - It's about boy who gets trapped in an online roleplaying game (MMORPG). The soundtrack is hauntingly beautiful ...

~ I ~

Iria: Zeiram the Animation (r3yn) - It's random. (sk3499) - It's random.

Irresponsible Captain Tylor-(oneAngrySheep)
Great funny anime about a irresponsible guy who by luck gets to be a captain of the worst crew and ship but somehow always delivers results although he wasn't trying in the first place.
Must see if you wanna have a laugh.

~ K ~

Kaiba (Nekro-Nin) - Unique art. It's like flowing in a long dream.

Kiddy Grade (gilas) - The two protagonists Eclair and Lumiere are well-elaborated characters, the missions are interesting, and we can get to know a lot about the social, economic and political background of the future world in the anime.

~ L ~

Level E (r3yn) - mostly comedy but has sci-fi elements. (Nekro-Nin) - The alien prince manipulate people for his own entertainment => malicious joy. He has to save the universe, too, because he is the genius.

LotGH (Sachy) - All in all this is a pretty long anime, and it can be a bit slow at times, but the plot and character development are probably the best I've seen in any show. Central Anime is the best sub group for this series.

~ M ~

Macross Zero (Sukunai) - It's random.

Martian Successor Nadesico (Sukunai) - It's random.

Mnemosyne (Nekro-Nin) - I warn you: The anime contains tortures. The story is about immortal Rin, who loose many loved person in her life. She has to fight immortal enemies. Even she is immortal, she feels pain. You know what I mean? You are immortal, you feel pain and you fight over and over again => It's a big torture without end. The show contains more horrible torture.

~ N ~

(Neon Genesis) Evangelion (Nekro-Nin) - Shinji are be ordered by his father, who he never know before, to be a pilot of Evangelion. He even doesn't know why he has to fight Angels. He lives in a big criminal case. The anime criticizes the science (developping weapons) and the using of it. It shows the struggling of humankind to survive - Sacrifices means nothing, if you stay alive. The movies evangelion are remakes of Neon Genesis Evangelion. The story is a bit differrent and it has some new interpretation. even if you watch Neon Genesis Evangelion before, you will enjoy the remakes, too. The animation is damn good.

No.6 (Kannei) - It's random.

Noein (metamorphius) - has a very strong and human cast (kinda similar to Bokurano in this regard) so it feels the story, while pretty interesting, is secondary to the characters.

~ P ~

Pale Cocoon (Nekro-Nin) - The show takes 23 minutes only, but it tells us many things. You won't believe the show ends soon. It is moving, poignant and brilliant.

Paprika (r3yn) - It's random.

Planetes (TWM) - Overall Planetes is a fantastically intriguing anime that will arouse your interest from the beginning. A beautifully animated and realistic Sci-Fi drama with strong character personalities that will grab you, becoming memorable. The voice actors did a great job portraying the characters during the story and you can feel the emotion and the drama in the air. The character development is possibly the greatest aspect of this anime, it will keep you engaged watching the characters develop and how they do so. There is a duality in the anime that balances and blends themes of happiness and sadness so well together that you are not constantly overwhelmed by one. There are cynical and optimistic characters along with despairing and hope filled beliefs, revelations, or circumstances. Planetes is certainly a top anime which should be seen by any viewer that wants a story centered around character development.

~ R ~

RahXephon (gilas) - another sci-fi anime with mecha influence. It's quite good and captivating, but sometimes the story is a bit abstract and stilted, so it isn't an easy watch.

~ S ~

Saikano (r3yn) - It's random.

Scryed (Lotus97) - It's awesome; what else can I say? I definately recommend watching the English dub, you won't be disappointed. Watch this video. As much as I love having one of my selections featured here, Scryed is really more supernatural than sci-fi. I still highly recommend it even though MAL score isn't that great for it.

Serial Experiments Lain (Catpaw) - If I were to define this anime with a single word, it would be computer science/theology. Thera are no action sequences at all and this is probably the main reason it is much less popular than GITS and EVA. A must watch for every sci-fi fan, but before starting it remember that this show is not meant to entertain, but to make you think.

Space Symphony Maetel (niki7686) - It is rather profound and educative in a way :)

Steins;Gate (metamorphius) - the possibility of time travel, messing with the past and consequences of it all.

Star Blazers (Sukunai) - It's random.

~ T ~

Tekkaman Blade (r3yn) - It's random.

Terra_e... (Corsair857) - great show! (Nekro-Nin) - The show is about Mus, who are hated and feared by humans. Mus and humans live in an overorganized society, which really organized everything. (Kayrhandros ) - Yet as the show progresses, it grows darker and darker and death, sorrow, fury, vengeance, guilt and war become an integral part of the storyline. Storyline that is spread out through a wide range of years and concentrates attention in the life of the two main characters.

TTGL (Nekro-Nin) - It has a very good action and big mechas. The charcter design are well made, too. Especially Yoko Littner is popular,because she is damn sexy. Fight the power!

Trigun (r3yn) - It's random.

~ V ~

Vandread (Sukunai) - It's random.

~ W ~

Witchblade (gilas) - Witchblade is a very good sci-fi anime as well. The plot is set in future Tokyo, where the main character, a Japanese woman gets a bracelet which turns her into a red-heired female fighter with superpower. She has to fight against robots which kill innocent people.

~ Z ~

Zegapain (Sukunai) - It's random.
Lotus97Jul 24, 2012 1:59 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 29, 2011 6:01 PM

Apr 2011
One word: Scryed. It's awesome; what else can I say? I definately recommend watching the English dub, you won't be disappointed.

May 29, 2011 8:06 PM

Apr 2011
I would recommend Code Geass and its sequel R2. The plot is set in future Japan which was occupied by the British empire. The main hero, Lelouch and his Japanese fellows fight against the British supression with mighty robots (mecha influence). For every sci-fi freak it's a must, I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Now I'm watching Rahxephon, another sci-fi anime with mecha influence. It's quite good and captivating, but sometimes the story is a bit abstract and stilted, so it isn't an easy watch.
Witchblade is a very good sci-fi anime as well. The plot is set in future Tokyo, where the main character, a Japanese woman gets a bracelet which turns her into a red-heired female fighter with superpower. She has to fight against robots which kill innocent people.
Maybe Scrapped Princess has some sci-fi influences, but it's more a fantasy story.
I haven't seen Ergo Proxy and Gungrave yet, but they are among the animes I plan to watch.
May 30, 2011 3:17 AM

Aug 2010
http://myanimelist.net/anime/4981/Casshern_Sins <---This...

I watched first 12 episodes yesterday and I'm going to watch the rest today, I really have no words to describe it, it is the kind of anime that leaves you speechless
(ง`▽´)ง
May 30, 2011 4:28 AM

Aug 2009
makazeharuka said:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/4981/Casshern_Sins <---This...

I watched first 12 episodes yesterday and I'm going to watch the rest today, I really have no words to describe it, it is the kind of anime that leaves you speechless

I was planning to watch it sometimes soon. But really? I didn't know you liked anime like this.. :O
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
May 30, 2011 5:24 AM

Aug 2010
Nataricha sometimes I watch stuff because of a seiyuu this one is that kind of case!

my friend Keiko told me that her old schoolmate Miyahara Nami was a seiyuu so I searched her name and she voices the lead female chara so I read the description of the anime I found the plot line quite cool and decided to give it a try!
Me watching 12 episodes in a day means that I was sooo eager!
The story is the kind that gives several messages with each and every Chara that comes in the scene.
+ the cyborgs look pretty cool XDDD
(ง`▽´)ง
May 30, 2011 6:58 AM

Apr 2011
gilas said:
Maybe Scrapped Princess has some sci-fi influences, but it's more a fantasy story.

Well, I'm still glad you mentioned one of my favorites, but you're right it's more fantasy.
May 31, 2011 3:22 PM

Mar 2009
Update.

1. Code Geass is not sci-fi. It's meach. If you think the futuristic airship are part of sci-fi, they're Knightmares => Mecha.
2. Casshern is fine ... I still remember the word casssssshern.
May 31, 2011 7:16 PM

Apr 2011
I forgot to mention Kiddy Grade. The story is set in the distant future. A mighty world organisation called GOTT was set up in order to maintain peace in the world and to deal with conflicts. The two main heroes, Eclair and Lumiere are agents of GOTT and have to solve international conflicts flying on their airship. It's definitely a sci-fi anime.
May 31, 2011 7:21 PM

May 2011
Science + fiction = sci-fi. While mecha is a separate genre, it's more of a subgenre, in my opinion.

Not that my opinion counts for much, I typically don't enjoy sci-fi anime.
May 31, 2011 10:25 PM

Feb 2009
dunno if it counts but Terra e... one of my little not so popular favorites. came out the same time as claymore which is why not as many ppl watched it i guess.
Jun 1, 2011 1:56 PM

Mar 2009
@ gilas
Well. If you say why you want to recommend Kiddy Grade, I will add it to the the start post.

@ nebuladraconian
Mecha is not sci-fi and it's not really related to it. You can put mecha in a medieval anime, too like Escaflowne.

@ Corsair857
What is ppl?
Do you want, I add Terra e... to the start post? I don't get it what you try to say ...
Jun 1, 2011 3:48 PM

Feb 2009
Nekro-Nin said:
@ Corsair857
What is ppl?
Do you want, I add Terra e... to the start post? I don't get it what you try to say ...

ppl = people and yes please add it. great show!
Jun 1, 2011 4:04 PM

Aug 2009
I would suggest "Ai no Kusabi"... it's yaoi, so hope there's no prob with that.
It's a 2 episode OVA, but it has the whole sci-fi feeling in it. Check it out here:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/719/Ai_no_Kusabi
Jun 1, 2011 4:20 PM
Oct 2009
Hmmm...I've only watched Akira and Code Geass...Akira personally I don't think it's that good...it's kind of overestimated...but again , it was created like 30 years ago..so to be fair, its ok.
Code Geass is one of my favourites!! Like ever!!! :DDD

Space Symphony Maetel is the one I suggest! It is rather profound and educative in a way :)
Jun 1, 2011 7:49 PM

Apr 2011
Nekro-nin, please add Kiddy Grade to the recommendation list. In my opinion it's a great anime.The two protagonists Eclair and Lumiere are well-elaborated characters, the missions are interesting, and we can get to know a lot about the social, economic and political background of the future world in the anime. I hope that's enough, I don't want to write a novel about it.
Jun 2, 2011 9:40 AM

Apr 2011
niki7686 said:
Hmmm...I've only watched Akira and Code Geass...Akira personally I don't think it's that good...it's kind of overestimated...but again , it was created like 30 years ago..so to be fair, its ok.

I also feel Akira is a bit overrated. I did enjoy Ichigo voice in the English dub though XD
Jun 3, 2011 7:15 AM

Mar 2009
Added ^^

I removed Akira from the list.

I added Dennou Coil and Kaiba.
Jun 15, 2011 1:54 PM

Mar 2010
Time of Eve is short but it's really good. If you haven't already check that one out. It has a really good concept and definitely falls under sci-fi.
Jun 15, 2011 2:09 PM

Jan 2011
Nibchan said:
Time of Eve is short but it's really good. If you haven't already check that one out. It has a really good concept and definitely falls under sci-fi.

just watched that recently myself and it is very good...sci-fi slice of life type, questioning differences between us all and how things can be just a matter of perception...at least that's how i saw it ^_^
Jun 15, 2011 8:27 PM

Mar 2010
billmurderface said:
just watched that recently myself and it is very good...sci-fi slice of life type, questioning differences between us all and how things can be just a matter of perception...at least that's how i saw it ^_^

Yeah, that's a good way of seeing it. I'd say that's pretty spot on. Such as seeing robots as just objects or seeing them as more than that is up to the view of the person. Seeing how the view of a person can change depending on the circumstance. The whole premise of that anime was interesting pretty much. Wish there were more like that. XD
Jun 28, 2011 3:29 PM
Apr 2010
I find the lack of Planetes disturbing.

Overall Planetes is a fantastically intriguing anime that will arouse your interest from the beginning. A beautifully animated and realistic Sci-Fi drama with strong character personalities that will grab you, becoming memorable. The voice actors did a great job portraying the characters during the story and you can feel the emotion and the drama in the air. The character development is possibly the greatest aspect of this anime, it will keep you engaged watching the characters develop and how they do so. There is a duality in the anime that balances and blends themes of happiness and sadness so well together that you are not constantly overwhelmed by one. There are cynical and optimistic characters along with despairing and hope filled beliefs, revelations, or circumstances. Planetes is certainly a top anime which should be seen by any viewer that wants a story centered around character development.
Jun 29, 2011 1:11 PM

Mar 2010
TWM said:
I find the lack of Planetes disturbing.

Overall Planetes is a fantastically intriguing anime that will arouse your interest from the beginning. A beautifully animated and realistic Sci-Fi drama with strong character personalities that will grab you, becoming memorable. The voice actors did a great job portraying the characters during the story and you can feel the emotion and the drama in the air. The character development is possibly the greatest aspect of this anime, it will keep you engaged watching the characters develop and how they do so. There is a duality in the anime that balances and blends themes of happiness and sadness so well together that you are not constantly overwhelmed by one. There are cynical and optimistic characters along with despairing and hope filled beliefs, revelations, or circumstances. Planetes is certainly a top anime which should be seen by any viewer that wants a story centered around character development.

Awesome choice. I'm starting to reread the manga after 7 years lol. It is a really good scifi-fi and one of the most fitting in that genre. ^^
Jul 1, 2011 12:57 PM

Jul 2010
Ive watched some of Akira not all the way through its the only reason ive not posted it up that ive seen it. There was one i watched years ago i really liked it was Like this base out in the middle of water and it was possessed and they had to like fight like robots that had been taken over to get to the top all there was was like Birds... crows with red eyes... it was a pretty cool anime i just cant remember the name of it. There was like a big storm outside of it to it was more of a Movie then a Series. I seen it on it was either FX or Sci Fi channel when i was really young im saying 16-17 years olld or younger.

Jul 2, 2011 4:16 PM

Mar 2009
There are many crows with red eyes ...

Updated. Thanks for your recommendation ^^
Jul 2, 2011 5:25 PM

Apr 2011
I recommend .hack//Sign
It's about boy who gets trapped in an online roleplaying game (MMORPG). The soundtrack is hauntingly beautiful.
Lotus97Jul 3, 2011 5:25 AM
Jul 3, 2011 11:18 AM

Jun 2011
Bokurano should be in this list too. In a lot of points its similiar to NGE...not as good as NGE ( in my opinion) but Im sure its worthy to be in this list.
Jul 3, 2011 3:02 PM
Jun 2011
*wonders to herself how Legend of the Galactic Heroes is not on here yet*

" For decades, the Galactic Empire has been locked in an interstellar war with the Free Planets Alliance, a conflict that involves thousands of spaceships and millions of soldiers on both sides. Two new commanders enter the conflict with great hopes: Imperial Admiral Reinhard von Lohengramm and the FPA's Yang Wen-Li. As they deal with superiors and subordinates, maneuver through complicated political arrangements, plot strategies, and win battles, each will be tested, and ultimately, changed, by the reality of war. "

----All in all this is a pretty long anime, and it can be a bit slow at times, but the plot and character development are probably the best I've seen in any show.

Central Anime is the best sub group for this series.

Oh, and if you need proof on how good this anime is check out its spot in the top anime on MAL http://myanimelist.net/topanime.php .
Jul 3, 2011 4:03 PM

Apr 2011
Hi there, Sachy. And welcome to our club (I'm guessing you're new since I don't recognize your name). Feel free to introduce yourself in the introductions thread.
Jul 6, 2011 7:18 AM

Jan 2011
almost done with Neon Genesis Evangelion (loving it btw) and hoping to start Planetes soon after.

btw i love Akira, despite it's flaws. Akira OST FTW
Jul 21, 2011 1:15 AM

Mar 2009
Update!

The recommandtion are really good excluding .hack//Sign.
I don't know why that anime is good ... I watch the first two episodes and sleep right away ... Sorry for my honesty.

@ bill
I won't add your comment to start post, because they are cutted phrases xP
Jul 21, 2011 6:01 AM

Feb 2009
How have you missed Martian Successor Nadesico? :)

Bubblegum Crisis (prefer 2040)

Captain Tyler

Zegapain

Blue Gender

Vandread

Macross Zero

I refuse to exclude mechs as you get mechs in anything anime the moment you add science. You might call some 'space operas' but you don't get space operas without science. I have not mentioned some of my stash simply as it takes more than a small nod to science to get me to call it as such. Some I just can't think of at the moment of course.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Jul 21, 2011 6:44 AM

Jul 2010
How about Outlaw Star, B'tX, Ghost in the shell, Blassreiter, Iria: Zeiram the Animation, Tekkaman Blade, Saikano, Level E (mostly comedy but has sci-fi elements),Silent Mobius, Trigun, Vexille, Paprika.
Feel free to check them.
Jul 21, 2011 1:33 PM
Apr 2011
I'm surprised no one is mentioning more of the classics.

2 of my favorite, pre 1995 sci-fi animes:

Iria: Zeiram the Animation
Dominion: Tank Police

Post 95:
All the ghost in the shell movies from the 90s.
Jul 21, 2011 1:52 PM

Feb 2009
How did I forget Starblazers too.
While not technically anime, currently I am a big fan of Hatsune Miku.
At least I can go see her in concert.
Jul 22, 2011 1:28 PM

Apr 2011
As much as I love having one of my selections featured here, Scryed is really more supernatural than sci-fi. I still highly recommend it even though MAL score isn't that great for it.

Lotus97Jul 23, 2011 9:10 AM
Jul 25, 2011 2:35 PM

Jul 2010
I just finished Arc the Lad and its a really good Sci Fi i thought and i recommend it.

Jul 25, 2011 3:01 PM

Jun 2009
no. 6 is great
Jul 25, 2011 3:51 PM

Feb 2011
Nekro-Nin said:

Kaiba

LotGH

Pale Cocoon

Planetes

OMG yes yes yes,very good series.Sci-Fi is one of the genres I like in the anime.
I need to see Pale Coocon.

Ehm...How about a recommendation Aria the Animation?
http://myanimelist.net/anime/477/Aria_the_Animation
Is also a Sci-Fi but combined with Slice of Life.
Although I found boring...hehe.
Jul 26, 2011 3:51 PM

Mar 2009
Updated. Thanks for your recommendation.

I didn't find some named animes. That why I didn't add them.

You can try to give a proper recommendation like the previous posters. You can say "It's very good", but it won't count as proper recommendation. What about the style, character design? What do you like about the anime? A short statement is fine, too.

Sukunai said:
I refuse to exclude mechs as you get mechs in anything anime the moment you add science. You might call some 'space operas' but you don't get space operas without science. I have not mentioned some of my stash simply as it takes more than a small nod to science to get me to call it as such. Some I just can't think of at the moment of course.

Mecha =/= Science-Fiction

Many sci-fi animes have mechas, but not all mecha animes are sci-fi. You can combine mecha with dark age. You can create mechas with magic, too.

sk3499 said:
All the ghost in the shell movies from the 90s.

Ghost in the Shell (= GitS) is already added.

Mononoke88 said:
Ehm...How about a recommendation Aria the Animation?
Is also a Sci-Fi but combined with Slice of Life.
Although I found boring...hehe.

If you found the anime is boring, why do you recommend it? I watch it, too and I sleep right away. Even the anime is good, it doesn't mean you need to recommend it, right?
Jul 28, 2011 10:37 AM

Feb 2011
Nekro-Nin said:
If you found the anime is boring, why do you recommend it? I watch it, too and I sleep right away. Even the anime is good, it doesn't mean you need to recommend it, right?

True, but just in case.
If someone wanted to see it despite my own impression.
Oct 29, 2011 9:43 AM

Aug 2009
BUMP for new people. Here we got a list of sci-fi anime recommended by our members. So if you like you can add your own recommendations or take ideas by the list created, which links to each anime's MAL page.
Oct 29, 2011 10:16 AM

Aug 2011
Armitage III was pretty good if i remember correctly
<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/GregRocks&sclick=1">

"Gravity is just a myth. Jon Fitch is holding everything down. He's like the opposite of Atlas, he's got the world under his shoulder."
Oct 29, 2011 10:32 AM

Aug 2009
Oh, yeah, I completely forgot about this thread. I'm gonna add Steins Gate to the list; Armitage III as well, since Greg recommended it (I haven't seen it though).

Btw, I haven't seen Nekro-Nin around here in a while.
metamorphiusOct 29, 2011 10:38 AM
Oct 29, 2011 1:20 PM

Sep 2009
I'm quite surprised to see a couple of good and well known series missing here, so i'm adding them.

Boogiepop Phantom: a good show with great atmosphere. Sadly, it's incredibly difficult to understand completely without knowing the story from the other media. You get the feeling of what's happening, but many details are not really explained. Recommended only for those ready to grab and read the novels, or those who can anjoy something even without comprehending it totally.

Serial Experiments Lain: one of my favourite sci-fi anime, second only to GITS ( because of personal liking) and around the level of EVA. If i were to define these anime with a single word, GITS would be philosophy, EVA psychology and Lain would be computer science/theology. Of course i know about the religious aspects in the first two, but i personally didn't find them the main focus, it's just my opinion.
This is another rather obscure show, but unlike Boogiepop Phantom it's fully understandable with proper scientific competence. I didn't have such knowledge and i had to search for answers, but it was well worth the trouble. Thera are no action sequences at all and this is probably the main reason it is much less popular than GITS and EVA.
I consider this a must watch for every sci-fi fan, but before starting it remember that this show is not meant to entertain, but to make the watchers think.
Megpoid-CowardlyMontblancsigsecond05defs
Art by: akka
Oct 29, 2011 2:39 PM

Aug 2009
^ Wow, I can't believe I forgot about Lain, it's a great anime. I have yet to watch Boogiepop Phantom though. Anyway, adding both of them, tnx Catpaw ;)

Btw, I'm thinking it could be a good idea to make similar threads for other genres as well. Well, I'll see what can be done about that when I have more time.
metamorphiusOct 29, 2011 2:44 PM
Oct 29, 2011 4:16 PM

Aug 2009
Aah so many great shows that I need to watch!!! Thanks for adding the shows meta. ;) Btw, yes, I haven't seen him around either.. maybe he's busy or sth. Hope he didn't forget about us. :P I might go leave a comment on his page if he doesn't appear soon! haha xDD
Oct 29, 2011 4:40 PM

Aug 2009
@Justice
No problem ;) Indeed there are many good anime on the list. I really, really need to finally watch Planetes, I've heard many positive comments about it.

Oh, I just saw Akira's missing from the list, I have to correct that. Even though I'm not a fan of that movie, there's no denying it made a big influence on anime in general. And while I'm at it, adding Noein too.
Oct 29, 2011 5:34 PM

Aug 2009
wow I didn't notice Akira was missing. I'm no fan either, but as you said it's a very important point in anime, it influenced many and many newest shows of the kind.
Oct 29, 2011 5:54 PM

Apr 2011
Me and someone else said Akira was overrated so I guess that caused nekro to remove it. I didn't expect him to do that
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What Are You Listening to? + All About the Music! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Corsair857 - Jun 2, 2011

3583 by Elanin »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:31 AM

Sticky: » Hi!I am... :) ~ Introductions ~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Mar 12, 2011

5705 by tamilanime »»
Jun 19, 2022 4:05 AM

Sticky: » Administrators' lounge [closed for members] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JusticeUndone - Aug 22, 2011

361 by Lotus97 »»
Jun 17, 2022 12:02 PM

» [GAME] You're Banned! v. 7.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Uuh - Dec 12, 2015

8529 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 4:21 AM

» [GAME] First Thing That Pops Up In Your Mind V. 3.0 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arianna - Mar 20, 2016

3543 by Pyro »»
May 12, 2022 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.